Response to certain accusations made against me

Tiberius C Nero

[quote name='Aimee Mann' date='06 June 2010 - 01:02 PM' timestamp='1275825706' post='2326172']
That's interesting, what exactly would you do if you wanted to come after someone?
[/quote]

Oh I dunno, how about actually attacking them or making ANY sort of effort to smear them?
I'm pretty sure you can use your imagination. If we can be this [i]horrible[/i] towards someone who literally did nothing to us, imagine what we'd do to our [i]enemies[/i]. :smug:

Note that MK has not gone public with this until tiberius made this thread. We have never attacked him in-game, most of us have been avoiding him entirely on IRC as well. Most of us would [b]never[/b] want to see him leave, as he is a [b]constant[/b] source of amusement.

You don't even have to do anything, he just randomly queries you with a barrel of laughs! :awesome:

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Aimee Mann' date='06 June 2010 - 10:21 PM' timestamp='1275826873' post='2326187']
You are contradicting yourself and it's making it difficult to find out what you are arguing for. Pick a line to use on this (either you have these type of threads in this private forum or you do not) and come back to me.
[/quote]

I'm not contradicting myself, the two bolded parts of that post are talking about two different things.

I can tell this is going to require special measures. Very well:

We have one (1) instance of this type of thread in the private forum. That does not mean that the private forum was created for the purpose of housing threads of this type - because it wasn't.

I really don't know how to say it in any simpler terms than that. If you still think we have some kind of private dungeon of terror from this point on then that's on you, not us.

Edited by Voytek

[quote name='Aimee Mann' date='06 June 2010 - 01:21 PM' timestamp='1275826873' post='2326187']
You are contradicting yourself and it's making it difficult to find out what you are arguing for. Pick a line to use on this (either you have these type of threads in this private forum or you do not) and come back to me.
[/quote]

You are confused. Are you talking about threads or subforums? Think about it.

[quote name='Aimee Mann' date='07 June 2010 - 01:21 AM' timestamp='1275826873' post='2326187']
You are contradicting yourself and it's making it difficult to find out what you are arguing for. Pick a line to use on this (either you have these type of threads in this private forum or you do not) and come back to me.[/quote]
:deadhorse:

Using this inspired train of logic, because this very forum has the "Amazing Sanction Race" thread in it, the point of this entire forum is clearly for the purpose of counting alliance statistics. In fact, the forum was *created* to house the "Amazing Sanction Race." :/

There is a forum on the MK boards, some people do not have access. Inside that forum there are a number of threads. One of those threads happens to have some E_T logs posted in it. The others contains controversial topics such as "Favourite N64 games" and "NHL Playoffs." Tinfoil hat etc

Edited by Banksy

[quote name='Voytek' date='06 June 2010 - 01:25 PM' timestamp='1275827134' post='2326192']
I'm not contradicting myself, the two bolded parts of that post are talking about two different things.

I can tell this is going to require special measures. Very well:

We have one (1) instance of this type of thread in the private forum. That does not mean that the private forum was created for the purpose of housing threads of this type - because it wasn't.

I really don't know how to say it in any simpler terms than that. If you still think we have some kind of private dungeon of terror from this point on then that's on you, not us.
[/quote]
[quote name='Arthur Blair' date='06 June 2010 - 01:26 PM' timestamp='1275827162' post='2326194']
You are confused. Are you talking about threads or subforums? Think about it.
[/quote]
I see, you are trying to bury the central important point under that tiny detail - a detail which I actually already dealt with ("Fine, a private subforum that is used for that purpose. That small detail doesn't really change the meaning of what I said"). Allow me to refocus to the actual point that I was making, then, to end this e-lawyering nonsense.

It's just plain pathetic to have these kind of threads. I don't care if the forum is dedicated for that purpose or not, and I don't care whether these types of threads are numerous in number or not. If you as a group single out and mock a member of the community behind their back, that is already plenty sad enough for me.

Edited by Aimee Mann

[quote name='Aimee Mann' date='06 June 2010 - 01:34 PM' timestamp='1275827653' post='2326202']
It's just plain pathetic to have these kind of threads. I don't care if the forum is dedicated for that purpose or not, and I don't care whether these types of threads are numerous in number or not. If you as a group single out and mock a member of the community behind their back, that is already plenty sad enough for me.
[/quote]

Now that's all fine. If you don't feel like having some laughs at the expense of someone who goes out of their way to amuse you, that's your own problem. That is not a thread made to mock tiberius behind his back though, we've even thought about giving him access to read it himself. Of course now that it's all public then who cares.

We have not made any efforts to single him out. Someone made a thread and posted their own logs of tiberius and people had so, [b]SO[/b] many logs with hilarious material laying around that the thread started growing and have now reached 40 pages. It's a natural development, one shares their experience and everyone else piles their own on. The result is very entertaining.

[quote name='sethb' date='06 June 2010 - 12:14 AM' timestamp='1275797643' post='2325765']
You mean the basics such as Tiberius constantly querying FOK and MK members spouting insane half coherent rants? I honestly can't blame them for laughing at it.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]You can blame the victim all you want but it does not excuse your actions. I'll simply say that a new low has been reached when "he queried us" is used as a justification for this kind of harassment.[/color]

[quote name='Voytek' date='06 June 2010 - 01:38 PM' timestamp='1275827875' post='2326206']
I don't know if I'd go so far as to say that it was "behind his back", I thought we were being plenty upfront about our intentions towards him. :)
[/quote]
You wouldn't? Your intentions seem to have been to bait him in private conversations (I don't care if he started them either, incidentally, you can ALWAYS be the more mature men in situations like this) and then laugh about it later as a collective in your private forum (behind his back). Sure, you later humiliated him publically in the topic in AP, but I'm guessing a majority of it was hidden away.

Edited by Aimee Mann

[quote name='Aimee Mann' date='06 June 2010 - 10:46 PM' timestamp='1275828356' post='2326217']You wouldn't? Your intentions seem to have been to bait him in private conversations (I don't care if he started them either, incidentally, you can ALWAYS be the more mature men in situations like this) and then laugh about it later as a collective in your private forum (behind his back). Sure, you later humiliated him publically in the topic in AP, but I'm guessing a majority of it was hidden away.[/quote]
I think you're so desperate for something to latch onto that will let you take shots at MK that you're forgetting one of the most basic tenets of these kinds of attacks: never, [i]ever[/i] use the phrase "I'm guessing".

It's a clear sign that a very large chunk of your premise is nothing more than supposition, which as we all know is not a very solid stepping stone on the road to a good burn. :(

Edited by Voytek

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='06 June 2010 - 02:44 PM' timestamp='1275828271' post='2326216']
[color="#0000FF"]You can blame the victim all you want but it does not excuse your actions. I'll simply say that a new low has been reached when "he queried us" is used as a justification for this kind of harassment.[/color]
[/quote]

Holy crap, RV. You're so pompous it hurts my eyes. :)

[quote name='Aimee Mann' date='06 June 2010 - 01:46 PM' timestamp='1275828356' post='2326217']
You wouldn't? Your intentions seem to have been to bait him in private conversations (I don't care if he started them either, incidentally, you can ALWAYS be the more mature men in situations like this) and then laugh about it later as a collective in your private forum (behind his back). Sure, you later humiliated him publically in the topic in AP, but I'm guessing a majority of it was hidden away.
[/quote]

This argument would make sense if the intentions of the dozens of people involved were to bait him in private conversations. Have you read any of the logs?

Edited by Arthur Blair

[quote name='Voytek' date='06 June 2010 - 01:48 PM' timestamp='1275828521' post='2326222']
I think you're so desperate for something to latch onto that will let you take shots at MK that you're forgetting one of the most basic tenets of these kinds of attacks: never, [i]ever[/i] use the phrase "I'm guessing".
[/quote]
Fine, exchange the phrase "but I'm guessing a majority of it was hidden away" for the phrase "I know that a majority of it was hidden away because the 40 page thread has already been mentioned". Better?

[quote name='Aimee Mann' date='06 June 2010 - 10:51 PM' timestamp='1275828675' post='2326226']
Fine, exchange the phrase "but I'm guessing a majority of it was hidden away" for the phrase "I know that a majority of it was hidden away because the 40 page thread has already been mentioned". Better?
[/quote]

No, we're still left with the idea that we've been trying to bait him. I'll echo what Arthur Blair said: have you read any of the logs? Most of them involve Tiberius spamming the hell out of confused and vaguely annoyed MKers and allies of MK. How does "wtf man I dont even know who you are" qualify as baiting in any way whatsoever?

Edit: also the idea that this has deliberately been hidden away from prying eyes. Someone said that we were thinking of giving him access to the thread: they weren't lying.

Edited by Voytek

I don't have access to your private areas, so no, I haven't read the logs. Have your superiors give me access and if I'm wrong and you didn't encourage it as a group then I'll gladly say so.

On "thinking of giving him access", that is very easy to say now that the issue is over and 40 pages have been written. You didn't give him access, that is the fact here.

Edited by Aimee Mann

[quote name='Aimee Mann' date='06 June 2010 - 11:00 PM' timestamp='1275829197' post='2326231']
I don't have access to your private areas, so no, I haven't read the logs. Have your superiors give me access and if I'm wrong and you didn't encourage it as a group then I'll gladly say so.
[/quote]

Actually the full set is linked to in the topic of #mushroom.

OmG tHe SeCrEt Is OuT

Edited by Voytek

[quote name='DrKshatriya' date='06 June 2010 - 08:49 AM' timestamp='1275828525' post='2326223']
Holy crap, RV. You're so pompous it hurts my eyes. :)
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Oh, it's the truth. And even more disappointing than MK's behavior is the mob mentality of everyone else. Instead of giving this fellow a chance they immediately join in. Not one of you even considered helping, or even at the very least ignore, this person. No, you had to be cool and witty. You had to join in. That truly is disappointing, and this entire incident is disgusting.

I can't deny that Emperor Tiberius is not without his quirks. His mannerisms are a little odd. Yet that is no excuse for this kind of abuse. You all could have handled this much better, yet for your own gratification you decided to abuse another human being. Get that into your head here. Everything you do here is done to another human being.

Some of you are right in saying that he should not be so emotionally invested in this, and not take things so personally and to heart. However, it is clear that is what is happening here, and until he was able to learn to distance himself from what happens in this game that should have been your cue to step back.

I would like you all to examine yourselves, and take a look at how you acted in this. If you have any sense of self-respect you should be embarrassed.[/color]

[quote name='Voytek' date='06 June 2010 - 02:02 PM' timestamp='1275829302' post='2326232']
Actually the full set is linked to in the topic of #mushroom.

OmG tHe SeCrEt Is OuT
[/quote]
I was kindly given a link to them, had a brief browse and if you don't think MagicalTrevor is baiting in those logs then I don't know what to say to you.

[quote name='Aimee Mann' date='06 June 2010 - 11:07 PM' timestamp='1275829653' post='2326234']
I was kindly given a link to them, had a brief browse and if you don't think MagicalTrevor is baiting in those logs then I don't know what to say to you.
[/quote]

Judging by your posts you haven't really known what to say to me all along, why should that change now that you've been given incontrovertible proof of my claims?

Edited by Voytek

[quote name='Aimee Mann' date='06 June 2010 - 02:07 PM' timestamp='1275829653' post='2326234']
[/quote]

Alright. So can we reduce the horrible crime to MagicalTrevor [b]obviously being facetious[/b] in a few out of a whole lot of logs?

[quote name='Voytek' date='06 June 2010 - 02:16 PM' timestamp='1275830201' post='2326238']
Judging by your posts you haven't really known what to say to me all along, why should that change now that you've been given incontrovertible proof of my claims?
[/quote]
The proof I've seen supports my claims and not yours. I browsed down and saw a few representatives from other alliances being reasonable and then an MK guy taking the piss. I'm sure the MagicalTrevor sections of the logs were received especially well in your private quarters, eh. Oh well.

Edited by Aimee Mann