Open Playground Rules

Some of you may already be asking.. what the hell is Open Playground Rules?

Basically, I'm opening up the United States of America to all Character RP anyone wishes to engage in in any state within my control. You can play anyone at any level of government, with only the Congress, Supreme Court, the Presidency, and the Treasury/Fed restricted. The free market is also completely open. A more general synopsis of the rules is below.

1. The RP may not be used to perform a major terror attack, that requires a spy roll and an originating nation.
2. The RP MAY be about organized crime functioning within the country. Just realize at any time I could RP a wire-tap or the fed moving in to nail yer tail so be clever about how you do it.
3. The RP MAY be about organized political action committee or party activity.
4. All Government positions you wish to claim must be approved by me and by taking a government position you are acknowledging you are going to RP within the laws and limitations of your office under the U.S. constitution as interpreted by myself as the embodiment of the federal government. Some corruption is allowed in these roles to reflect the true nature of bureaucracies, but again.. be aware of the potential costs if you get caught. Be clever. Be realistic.
5. This is not a merger, your stats will not matter here and it does not matter if you have a nation elsewhere and wish to RP a character within the U.S.
6. You may claim your home as personal property if you live in the RL United States and play a character that lives there as yourself if you wish to.. surreal as that may be. Just don't sob if we get in a nuclear war and you get toasted. Remember the nature of the game.
7. I have absolute control of all character rp's taking within the United States at all times and if I feel your rp has an agenda I do not appreciate I may end it at any time and in any way I see fit. but it will probably involve the CIA or NSA in some way and a Sniper Rifle if you are really doing something THAT bad.
8. You may be members of the U.S. Military participating in conflicts, but you must RP them as if they are actually attempting to fulfill their roles and I may even assign them people to command I will execute your commands for you during the wars as your troops. Yes, there are a lot of neat ideas here that could be explored and I've not even touched the surface. I encourage creativity, so if you have an idea, do not be afraid to approach me.
9. If you want a state and to claim it as your domain to RP in, but not as a country.. in other words to merge with the United States as a nation, that's also a possibility but you'd have to talk to Chris and me first.

I've typically RP'd with closed doors.. but in the true spirit of the Republic, I throw them open to all who want to play in my sand-box within reasonable limits.

If you wish to have a similar policy for your nation, please post it here and note how similar your policies are and any exceptions to the above rules. I may change these rules myself over time as new situations arise.

Oh and since King Chris is Governor of Texas and the head of the Texan National Guard.. you have to clear anything with him to play it in his state as well as we are officially merged.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' date='05 June 2010 - 03:22 PM' timestamp='1275769331' post='2324854']
Wee.. I couldn't count to ten last night. I love it when I'm up to late.
[/quote]
Lol, it's TOO late. :P

Any how, am I allowed to join this as a citizen?

Cuz i iz confizzled. :3

Hmm this is interesting as I have been looking for somewhere to set up a quasi terrorist group for some time and Antartica seemed such a silly place to set up. If this is generally okay with you Mael I will send you a PM with the full details.

Just to let you know they won't be too violent. Instead the group I have planned prefers different methods to violence.

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' date='07 June 2010 - 04:25 PM' timestamp='1275945917' post='2328138']
lolno. :P

"if you want something done right..." fill in the blank. it's three words. ;)
[/quote]
Hmm...[url="http://www.hulu.com/watch/149661/saturday-night-live-snipers"]Tay da sha?[/url]

Edited by KingChris

[quote name='Drakedeath' date='07 June 2010 - 08:46 AM' timestamp='1275896765' post='2327605']
Someone has to do Glenn Beck...I demand it for the lulz involved.
[/quote]

Need I remind you sir Glenn Beck and most of Fox News characters are already RPed by me.

[quote name='Kevin Kingswell' date='06 June 2010 - 03:21 PM' timestamp='1275852077' post='2326590']
Hmm this is interesting as I have been looking for somewhere to set up a quasi terrorist group for some time and Antartica seemed such a silly place to set up. If this is generally okay with you Mael I will send you a PM with the full details.

Just to let you know they won't be too violent. Instead the group I have planned prefers different methods to violence.
[/quote]

Do it. I'm waiting. ^..^ Remember, if it gets to serious, I have to have sovereign soil to tie it back to which means I come hunting for your $@! on the map.

[quote name='The Flying Scotsman' date='07 June 2010 - 12:47 AM' timestamp='1275886021' post='2327417']
You may be seeing AI Corp starting a new North American Division in the USA sometime soon. Woo for free markets
[/quote]

Indeed, send away.

[quote name='Jessebelle' date='07 June 2010 - 02:02 AM' timestamp='1275890508' post='2327525']
I might use this as a prequel to something I want to work on.. I'll give you the details as I receive them.
[/quote]

Fair enough, I await the information.

[quote name='Drakedeath' date='07 June 2010 - 03:46 AM' timestamp='1275896765' post='2327605']
Someone has to do Glenn Beck...I demand it for the lulz involved.
[/quote]

Triyun is welcome to RP FOX news US broadcasters in the U.S. if he pleases.