The Iberian Campaign: Part II

Sarah Tintagyl

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='King Penchuk' date='09 June 2010 - 12:47 PM' timestamp='1276112833' post='2330509']
To: The Republic of Spain

"In the tune of our deceased King Douglas, I hereby present you with a rotting, dead fish.

Compliments of Scotland."

A rotting, dead fish was included in the parcel.
[/quote]
OOC: Oi, don't go out shipping people Scandinavian delicacies, that's Norway's job. :P

IC:
RoF troops will take time to remove themselves from the area, and we request either permission to continue using local runways or be allowed to move our troops through France via train to a larger airbase capable of handling more transport aircraft.

[quote name='BaronUberstein' date='10 June 2010 - 03:28 AM' timestamp='1276136920' post='2331057']
OOC: Oi, don't go out shipping people Scandinavian delicacies, that's Norway's job. :P

IC:
RoF troops will take time to remove themselves from the area, and we request either permission to continue using local runways or be allowed to move our troops through France via train to a larger airbase capable of handling more transport aircraft.
[/quote]

"Of course you are more than welcomed to use our facilities and French guards will make sure that your soldiers are treated with the utmost respect. However going into France itself is not needed as airports in Barcelona and Zaragoza have already been repaired to handle the transportation of Finnish troops. Our thanks to Finland for their efforts."
-Therese Zelle

[i]Barcelona[/i]

Alexis Astier, Commander of the Second Army of France tapped his finger on the table of the war council as he looked around at the other commanders around him. While only three-fourths of his army was still stationed in the old territory of Valencia, France still held pretty much full claim over the territory, aside from the distant ramblings of first PEPTO and then the Scottish. But with PEPTO having withdrawn from the territory on account of the Charter of the Western European Union, it made things much easier. However, Astier was still unsure how to move and he had been getting conflicting reports from all sides. Many of his field commanders were hesitant of declaring the territory under total French control, as an attack from Scotland, while unlikely could in fact bring other territories into the war, which was something that had to be planned for. Missives from Paris and Versailles on the other hand demanded that Astier launch the completion of the campaign, declaring that Valencia was a French province, at least until a responsible government would form within the borders, a government that Therese deemed responsible.

Stationed in the conference room of the city hall of Barcelona, the doors to the war council opened as a young captain walked in with a white envelope in his hands. "General Astier, A Missive from Her Majesty." The captain handed the letter to the general who then dismissed him and sighed.

"Well gentlemen, I believe with this the debate will be stopping." He said opening the envelope and reading its contents nodded without emotion. "As I expected. Her Highness is growing impatient, especially given that it is only French troops that hold the region together. She wants the territory declared French this afternoon. Europe apparently has had enough time to react, as the Western European Union, so she believes that the time has already passed if we had to think of another avenue to move into Valencia."

"Should the commanders in Zaragoza and Valencia be alerted then General?"

Astier nodded again. "Yes, after this is done, I will send a message back to the Empress so that she can address it personally."

Soon after Astier's council meeting, the bare flag poles across Valencia were slowly drawn up with the French flag, while immediately after Astier sent word back to Versailles that Valencia could no be declared a territory of the Empire. While in Versailles, the jubilation at possibly the second victory in Iberia brought wild cheers through aristocratic circles. Therese was much more solemn knowing that the victory would lead to two things, one the progression of French expansion in Iberia and the world, the rise of new rivals to stem this expansion, but she was ready for them. Nothing did she prepared for more.

[quote]
[i]People of France and Valencia.

I had only wished that my first address to you may have been all the trouble to be caused in your period of strife and chaos after the collapse of your government. With the withdrawal of PEPTO peacekeeping forces in honor of the Western European Union Charter, but with the inaction of those countries to send their own forces to present any desire to keep Valencia within the Union, it falls to France once again to provide for regional stability and security to the region. As such, from this point on, Valencia will be organized as a province of the French Empire and entitled to all rights that the subjects of the Empire enjoy.

With this final movement, France will begin the building projects and economic development of the region that Valencia has gone without because of both the instability and the inability to move with various other peacekeeping forces in the region. It is with great pleasure that I welcome the people of Barcelona, Zaragoza, and Valencia, along with other cities in the region to our family and I promise that from this point on that I will strive my hardest to bring prosperity and power back to a region that has gone without for years. Together we will make Iberia and France a place in the world envied by many and beautified by all.

Vive la France!

Vive la Valencia![/i]
[/quote]

Edited by Sarah Tintagyl

[quote name='Sarah Tintagyl' date='10 June 2010 - 02:23 PM' timestamp='1276204985' post='2332092']
"Of course you are more than welcomed to use our facilities and French guards will make sure that your soldiers are treated with the utmost respect. However going into France itself is not needed as airports in Barcelona and Zaragoza have already been repaired to handle the transportation of Finnish troops. Our thanks to Finland for their efforts."
-Therese Zelle
[/quote]
"We thank you for allowing us to bring our men home in a timely manner. It's easier to get airborne into a country than out again."
The 40,000 airborne infantry, including their light vehicles, towed 105mm artillery, and towed 95mm AT Recoiless rifles, would arrive at the two airports. Soon large Finnish transport aircraft would start to move them back to Finland.

• 1 month later...

OOC: Gravedig, but I didn't feel like making a thread.

IC:

"Nothing?"

"Not a word Your Majesty."

Therese sat at her desk, the sunlight from behind her shining through the gilded windows of Versailles as she traced her finger over a map of Iberia. "Well in truth, it was the Valencians who gave the Basques independence in the first place and since we own Aragon as is, I don't think there will be a large problem here. I knew that I should have contacted them sooner, it would have made the integration process so much easier. Tell General Tavernier to move the first division of the first army into the Basque country and prepare for annexation into the Empire."

"Of course Highness." The aid bowed and stepped out Therese's quarters as the Empress turned back to the map of Iberia.

"Well now..." Her fingers bouncing on Scottish Portugal and the Republic of Spain. "The last two obstacles right in front of me. I'll have to think of something for the future, something quite grandiose."

---

Forty-thousand men of the French Imperial Army then passed through the borders into Eskuadi and into the capital where it was announced that the territory would be fully annexed into the French Empire.

Private Message to Finland: Scotland is capable of managing her own affairs. Should we deem Finnish assistance necessary we will ask you. Otherwise, allow us to deal with the situation as we see fit.

Private Movement: The Royal Scottish Navy re-commences patrolling the English Channel. Additional troops were sent to Scottish Portugal to further implement the garrison.