Small environmental effect from war?

Czar Kiev

Long story short, I was watching something about Pearl Harbor and it struck me that there is a significant amount of real life damage dealt to the environment due to an act of war. Lots of smog is produced, oils slicks are created, forests can be burned... So is adding a very small amount of environmental 'damage' to your nation in CN if you get attacked a bad idea in some way?

[b]I came up with three possible criticisms:[/b]

[b]1)[/b] Environment shouldn't play a strong role in war, because you're already at war and don't need any more negative !@#$ happening :P
[i]- Possible solution, make it a very small (realistically so) role. The more people you have attacking you, the larger damage they would do to your environment. For example, the firebombing of Dresden destroyed a large portion of the surrounding forest in addition to the whole city. However, it was _one_ city and _one_ forest - not the nation.[/i]
[b]2) [/b] This would never be noticed if it were a small effect, so why bother coding it?
[i]- Valid point. I readily accept that it wouldn't be necessary if it would hardly be noticed. For the sake of realism is a possible contention, but I'm new so I won't press the point myself :P[/i]
[b]3)[/b] Could be abused in some way that I'm not aware of?

I would appreciate any feedback you're willing to give, I'm honestly just curious if there's a reason this has never been implemented if suggested before, or if there's a reason to [b]not[/b] implement it at all.

edit*
Cleared some stuff up :)

Edited by Czar Kiev

[quote name='Itsuki Koizumi' date='02 June 2010 - 09:23 PM' timestamp='1275531799' post='2321564']
i think this ought to be moved to the suggestion box. but good suggestion overall to the realism but probably wont be popular. People are already angry enough over the GRL
[/quote]

Yeah, I saw the link to this in the wikia [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=23159"]thread[/url] and noticed that people were pretty pissed anyway about environmental changes. That's definitely why I'm hesitant to 'officially' suggest this, due to more environmental problems just being a pain in the butt and this exacerbating it.

[quote name='Itsuki Koizumi' date='02 June 2010 - 10:23 PM' timestamp='1275531799' post='2321564']
i think this ought to be moved to the suggestion box. but good suggestion overall to the realism but probably wont be popular. People are already angry enough over the GRL
[/quote]

its a nice suggestion though, i wouldnt mind it being reality if only the GRL didnt have such a strong effect to environment :/