FAR Q&A

[quote name='Robster83' date='03 June 2010 - 10:06 AM' timestamp='1275570368' post='2322022']
Why is your name so similar to FEARs?
[/quote]

It is so because the founders of FAR respected FEAR so much that we just had to mimic their name. We were originally to be named "FAER" but that didn't work out.

In seriousness, it just is. They are two different words. At least comparing our name to FEAR's is not as bad as the people who cleverly said that "FAR is just FIRE with a southern accent" upon our formation.

[quote name='StealingPandas' date='03 June 2010 - 02:02 PM' timestamp='1275570104' post='2322018']
I dislike you for not using/forgetting about that sig I made for you well over a year ago.
[/quote]

You will have to query me and remind me which signature.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Seriously.

[quote name='StealingPandas' date='03 June 2010 - 10:02 AM' timestamp='1275570104' post='2322018']
Sandler is nicer to me than you or Jaym, but Dera is from "Cool People Land" like me. I'd say its a tie between them.
[/quote]

:awesome:

What was FAR's goal as an alliance at its foundation? Has that goal remained constant or has it changed since then?

[quote name='James Maximus' date='03 June 2010 - 01:29 PM' timestamp='1275582580' post='2322195']
Why did you raise your tech prices? TKTB needs [b]normal priced tech[/b] :(
[/quote]
What do you mean? The 3/50 thing is only for members, unless you consent to it as an outside party. Unless I'm forgetting something...

[quote name='We Are Not Alone' date='03 June 2010 - 01:33 PM' timestamp='1275582792' post='2322199']
Feelings on UPN?
[/quote]
Good people, don't know you all well. Depending on what you think of us, maybe we could get to know each other better.

[quote name='Silver Empress' date='03 June 2010 - 01:55 PM' timestamp='1275584132' post='2322212']
Who is your favorite tLW-er?
[/quote]
You, and FJ. There's a bunch of you that I like, but you two put up with me.

[quote name='DarkEra97' date='03 June 2010 - 02:08 PM' timestamp='1275584920' post='2322224']
What was FAR's goal as an alliance at its foundation? Has that goal remained constant or has it changed since then?
[/quote]
Our goal... like any alliance we want growth. I guess you could call us a "normal" alliance as we are not overly militaristic or specially themed or anything. On a bigger scale, we try to be very involved with the blue sphere and its alliances.

Our outlook has changed a lot since we started, as many of our founders left and our government structure and charter have changed.

[quote name='Robster83' date='03 June 2010 - 08:06 AM' timestamp='1275570368' post='2322022']
Why is your name so similar to FEARs?
[/quote]

It was what we came up with that all could agree upon. Many other names were possible but we were like YES...nah. So we went with this as it was what we could all agree on. No real intention to copy a name. I'm sure the many alliances with Order, Global, etc don't mean to copy each other either.

[quote name='James Maximus' date='03 June 2010 - 11:29 AM' timestamp='1275582580' post='2322195']
Why did you raise your tech prices? TKTB needs [b]normal priced tech[/b] :(
[/quote]

It helps our nations grow faster. Greed is good.

[img]http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2009-07-15-GordonGecko740537.jpg[/img]

[quote name='We Are Not Alone' date='03 June 2010 - 11:33 AM' timestamp='1275582792' post='2322199']
Feelings on UPN?
[/quote]

Don't know much about UPN except that you all are allied to our friends in NpO and recently became allied to some friends in Nebula-X.

[quote name='Silver Empress' date='03 June 2010 - 11:55 AM' timestamp='1275584132' post='2322212']
Who is your favorite tLW-er?
[/quote]

I like all tLW-ers, but you possess 2 great things that no other tLW-er has :P

[quote name='DarkEra97' date='03 June 2010 - 12:08 PM' timestamp='1275584920' post='2322224']
:awesome:

[/quote]

Our goal was to have a large group of friends under one AA. That has worked but some that started with us have moved on to either leaving planet bob or moved on to create their own alliance. The core group remains in place and we have added quite a few solid members. We remain friends with those that chose to leave but we were disappointed but its fine as we can always rely on each other if situations should arise.

I haven't been getting a good vibe from FAR's relations to us since they pulled out of Sirius. Could I get an "official stance" on your viewpoint on us? If it is negative, could you explain why?

[quote name='Skippy' date='05 June 2010 - 01:29 AM' timestamp='1275712151' post='2324178']
I haven't been getting a good vibe from FAR's relations to us since they pulled out of Sirius. Could I get an "official stance" on your viewpoint on us? If it is negative, could you explain why?
[/quote]

We harbour no ill will towards anyone involved with the whole Sirius thing. I wasn't available at the time that the decision to pull out was made, but I would have supported it and stand by it now. I think everyone was a little fired up afterward, and some people may have gone too far. Why would we make enemies out of the people we should be friends with?

Sirius is made up of alliances our size that belong to our sphere and we like everyone involved. Its just that none of them were very close to us, and we weren't comfortable with entering once our good friends had decided not to join. We still have interest in building relations with your alliance as well as the others involved with Sirius, and maybe someday we might join.

That is good to hear. I hold no ill will towards FAR either. Fernando has mis understood a rating I gave FAR (and UINE/tLW) in one of those "Rate alliance" threads. That gave me a strong impression of disdain towards us. I'm glad to hear your thoughts on us. Thank you.