NADC Press Conference

[quote name='mdnss69' date='02 June 2010 - 06:31 PM' timestamp='1275517856' post='2321044']
I think maybe you should be asking the other way around...
[/quote]

The Corporation wishes the NADC nothing but the best of luck in their future endeavors and we believe firmly that the NADC will continue it's growth and expansion.

Looking to the past, the NADC was rather well known for its economic system. In the present, I've been told that NADC now focuses more on Foreign Affairs than Finance. In the future, what government agency do you believe will define you as an alliance?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='mdnss69' date='02 June 2010 - 03:44 PM' timestamp='1275482643' post='2320422']
Shouldn't it be correct to use the term "the NADC" instead of "NADC" sentence?[/quote]
Yup, I usually include a "the" :P

[quote name='Omniscient1' date='03 June 2010 - 01:02 AM' timestamp='1275516112' post='2320977']
Why is that Da Supe guy so cool?[/quote]
Coming from the guy with a snowman as his avatar? Wow... ;)

[quote name='Taget' date='02 June 2010 - 10:59 PM' timestamp='1275508737' post='2320768']
If you had to choose an insect to represent your alliance which one would you choose and why?
[/quote][quote name='Legend' date='03 June 2010 - 01:29 PM' timestamp='1275560949' post='2321936']
I really don't know and I'll defer this to DS.[/quote]
Gee, thanks ;) No idea... perhaps a dragonfly? Why? Dung beetle doesn't sound quite right :P

[quote name='Marsupial Bob' date='03 June 2010 - 01:35 PM' timestamp='1275561295' post='2321940']
What is your answer to those who say the South Atlantic is more pleasant to swim in and contains 31ppm more rum in the water?[/quote]
I don't know about the swimming but we certainly have more rum ^_^

[quote name='Balder' date='03 June 2010 - 05:46 PM' timestamp='1275576378' post='2322080']
The Corporation wishes the NADC nothing but the best of luck in their future endeavors and we believe firmly that the NADC will continue it's growth and expansion.

Looking to the past, the NADC was rather well known for its economic system. In the present, I've been told that NADC now focuses more on Foreign Affairs than Finance. In the future, what government agency do you believe will define you as an alliance?[/quote]
Thank you and likewise. And yes, our finances aren't quite what they once were unfortunately. FA could well be considered our strongest department currently. Hopefully no single agency or department will define us, like with most things a good balance is needed. Like we learned in the BLEU war, having excellent finances alone doesn't get you far when tanks come knocking down your door...

[quote name='Legend' date='03 June 2010 - 01:29 PM' timestamp='1275560949' post='2321936']
10. Really, its no worse than the puffin. (BUT DON'T LET DS HEAR ME SAY THAT!)[/quote]
I'll have to find a new FAM again it seems [img]http://forum.cn-nadc.net/public/style_emoticons/default/023.gif[/img]

[quote name='Balder' date='03 June 2010 - 10:46 AM' timestamp='1275576378' post='2322080']
Looking to the past, the NADC was rather well known for its economic system. In the present, I've been told that NADC now focuses more on Foreign Affairs than Finance. In the future, what government agency do you believe will define you as an alliance?
[/quote]
Personally, I would hope the AHO, but that's not a whole department... (yet :P)

[quote name='Da Supe' date='03 June 2010 - 12:05 PM' timestamp='1275581117' post='2322173']
I'll have to find a new FAM again it seems [img]http://forum.cn-nadc.net/public/style_emoticons/default/023.gif[/img]
[/quote]
I'll take it! :D

1) How do you feel about Tech Raiding now?

2) Would you enact an OADP with an Ally if the reasons were unjust?

3) How do you feel about the other Color Sphere AAs, Green in particular?

4) Do you guys explore Treaties for the sake of Treaties, or is there a process put in to weigh all options for the present and future?

5) How do you treat recruiting?

...That's all I got for now. :)

--Mags

[quote name='Nova Blue' date='03 June 2010 - 01:32 PM' timestamp='1275586303' post='2322252']
1) How do you feel about Tech Raiding now?

2) Would you enact an OADP with an Ally if the reasons were unjust?

4) Do you guys explore Treaties for the sake of Treaties, or is there a process put in to weigh all options for the present and future?

5) How do you treat recruiting?

...That's all I got for now. :)

--Mags
[/quote]
1. The NADC has never been one to tech raid. For a long time, our policy was that nations could enact 2 offensive wars/raids during their entire time in the NADC. That policy has been relaxed, for those who do enjoy tech raiding, but the majority of the NADC has always been and still is opposed to tech raiding.

2. What exactly do you mean by that?

3. We really don't have an opinion on the other color spheres other than blue.

4. Again, I'm a bit confused as to what your asking. Sorry :(

5. We actually stopped recruiting for awhile, but have just recently started again.

Hope I was able at least some of your questions. :)

[quote]2) Would you enact an OADP with an Ally if the reasons were unjust?

4) Do you guys explore Treaties for the sake of Treaties, or is there a pr[/quote]

Well, it really depends. If we feel strongly about something, we will enact the ODP clause like how we enacted it back with Zenith during the Karma War. We will defend our allies even if we aren't a lethal war machine, at the very least we'll try.

We are in fact quite apathetic of what is happening in other spheres since the influence of color spheres have significantly decreased. Red is still dominated by NPO. Pink, Yellow and Grey seems kinda dead. Blue, Orange, Purple, Maroon and Aqua are still okay I believe. Green is still splintered with various alliances like VE, GGA,GPA, CR and etc.

If you're asking for NADC's purpose in signing treaties, I assure you its not some pr move and we're not signing it for the sake of it. In fact, we're constantly reviewing treaties. For example, if PIATS are not upgraded within 1 year of signing, we are prepared to cancel it since it is of obviously no value if the relationship doesn't progress at the very least to warrant an ODP.

However, we treat our MDP allies with utmost dedication and sincerity. An attack on any of them is an attack on NADC as well. We will try our very best in defending them.

[quote name='Kochers' date='03 June 2010 - 01:31 PM' timestamp='1275589892' post='2322312']
1. The NADC has never been one to tech raid. For a long time, our policy was that nations could enact 2 offensive wars/raids during their entire time in the NADC. That policy has been relaxed, for those who do enjoy tech raiding, but the majority of the NADC has always been and still is opposed to tech raiding.

2. What exactly do you mean by that?

3. We really don't have an opinion on the other color spheres other than blue.

4. Again, I'm a bit confused as to what your asking. Sorry :(

5. We actually stopped recruiting for awhile, but have just recently started again.

Hope I was able at least some of your questions. :)
[/quote]

Thanks for taking the time to reply so fast.

On #2: I'll give you an example, say one of your Allies did something that was ethically questionable and it result in a War (Global or otherwise). Then say they called upon their Allies (both Optional and Mutual Treaties alike) for help. Would you enter the War knowing it's CB wasn't exactly kosher, or would you choose to not enact your Optional Clause (or in the case of a MD, end the Treaty)?

On #4: Some AAs (many times young and new), sign a ton of Treaties and/or Protectorates without ever really considering the ramifications it will have presently or in the future (Treaty-Web wise). They end up having so many "Allies" that they don't know which way to turn if a War broke out...or worse, they're indirectly pulled into a War via a Treaty Chain.

...I await your responses (thanks again).

--Mags :)

Of all the programs and/or "offices" or NADC, which are you guys most proud of?

Just to clarify, it can be an economic program for new recruits, a specific recruitment program, the FA office. Basically what is the thing NADC pride about themselves the most.

[quote name='aboooe' date='03 June 2010 - 05:07 PM' timestamp='1275602802' post='2322542']
Who is your favourite person in RDD? :P
[/quote]

That's easy: Whoopsi! :D

I kidd, I kidd. :D

--Mags

[quote name='Nova Blue' date='03 June 2010 - 11:14 PM' timestamp='1275603248' post='2322550']
That's easy: Whoopsi! :D

I kidd, I kidd. :D

--Mags
[/quote]
But.. but..

At least spell his name right. :P

Edit: Damn dyslexia.. <_<

Edited by aboooe

[quote name='Nova Blue' date='03 June 2010 - 03:13 PM' timestamp='1275592400' post='2322330']
Thanks for taking the time to reply so fast.

On #2: I'll give you an example, say one of your Allies did something that was ethically questionable and it result in a War (Global or otherwise). Then say they called upon their Allies (both Optional and Mutual Treaties alike) for help. Would you enter the War knowing it's CB wasn't exactly kosher, or would you choose to not enact your Optional Clause (or in the case of a MD, end the Treaty)?

On #4: Some AAs (many times young and new), sign a ton of Treaties and/or Protectorates without ever really considering the ramifications it will have presently or in the future (Treaty-Web wise). They end up having so many "Allies" that they don't know which way to turn if a War broke out...or worse, they're indirectly pulled into a War via a Treaty Chain.

...I await your responses (thanks again).

--Mags :)
[/quote]

2: If it was an optional treaty, I would think we would leave it up to our membership whether we would activate it or not. If its an MDP or MDoAP, then we're going in. As the quote in my sig says so nicely, we already agreed to go to war in defense of our MDP and MDoAP partners.

4: We take all treaties seriously. Before our FA dept. ever offers a treaty, it has to meet some level of approval, whether that be from our FAM, DFAM, SecGen, or our gov in general. It's then proposed to the alliance in question. Assuming they accept, the treaty is then put before our Atlantic Council, which is made up of the four Ministers of our departments (FA, IA, DoD, and Finance) and four Councilors elected by the membership (like myself). It most also be approved by the General Assembly, which any member can volunteer for, thus giving our membership a hand in every treaty.

As you can see, a treaty has to go through a lot to get approved. We only sign treaties with friends, and only if we're willing to go through all that red tape for them :P

[quote name='Cesar Julian' date='03 June 2010 - 03:23 PM' timestamp='1275592986' post='2322339']
Of all the programs and/or "offices" or NADC, which are you guys most proud of?

Just to clarify, it can be an economic program for new recruits, a specific recruitment program, the FA office. Basically what is the thing NADC pride about themselves the most.
[/quote]
I personally am most proud of our "Atlantic Heritage Office", but I may a bit biased, considering I'm its Director.

I'd say that, as an alliance, we pride ourselves most on our spam/community section. That's the biggest aspect of the NADC; we're a community. Much more than just an alliance, but a group of friends.

[quote name='Jgoods45' date='03 June 2010 - 05:37 PM' timestamp='1275601005' post='2322492']
When did we piss in your cornflakes? Just curious to why you react negatively towards alliances we sign with. :3
[/quote]
Oh that's just me Jgoods, not the NADC as a whole. I'm sure we have someone who likes you guys :P

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' date='03 June 2010 - 05:39 PM' timestamp='1275601180' post='2322494']
Have you guys improved your ability to fight in a war since Karma?
[/quote]
While I didn't have the chance to fight in the Karma War, I do believe we did much better in this past war than we did in Karma.

[quote name='Synesi' date='03 June 2010 - 05:50 PM' timestamp='1275601810' post='2322509']
It has been 2+ years since the day that Emperor Charles VI had to resign, looking back, how do you feel about him now?
[/quote]
That's a very good question, and it really depends on who you ask. Most people blame Charles for the NADC-BLEU War, and he certainly shared some of the blame. However, if we could go back and do it all over again, I think we would have fought harder to keep Charles in gov. As we've seen, the Cyberverse doesn't look kindly on banning certain individuals from gov and I don't think we would accept that kind of violation of our sovereignty if someone tried to pull that today.

[quote name='aboooe' date='03 June 2010 - 06:07 PM' timestamp='1275602802' post='2322542']
Who is your favourite person in RDD? :P
[/quote]
Can't we just love you all? :wub:

[quote]When did we piss in your cornflakes? Just curious to why you react negatively towards alliances we sign with. :3[/quote]

Oh I am sure we had our fair share of nasty dealings before.

[quote]Have you guys improved your ability to fight in a war since Karma?[/quote]

We held our own fairly good last war and I'll leave it to our allies, MHA and etc to comment on this.

[quote]It has been 2+ years since the day that Emperor Charles VI had to resign, looking back, how do you feel about him now?[/quote]

Personally, I owe alot to ECVI who was my mentor in CN. Like him or hate him, he was a brilliant economic whiz who managed to propel us to #4 in CN. However, much is left to be desired in terms of his FA isolationist policy, though that can't be fully blamed on him as the alliance in general had a similar mindset.

Towards the end of his reign, he became inactive and that I believe caused his downfall. I still believe that he shouldn't been forcibly removed from the government by BLEU since it was a matter of our sovereignty.

@Nova Blue:
[quote]2) Would you enact an OADP with an Ally if the reasons were unjust?[/quote]While I'm not gov't, I believe I can safely say that if the reasons for going to war [i]were[/i] viewed by us as unjust, we would opt out of attacking. We don't sign MDAPs for this very reason; we will never be forced into attacking for an unjust cause.
Of course: A. I don't believe any of our allies would unjustly attack another alliance, they're too awesome for that ;)
and B. I don't think many alliances deliberately go to war when the CB is "unjust" to them. It's usually a matter of perspective.

@Cesar Julian
[quote]Of all the programs and/or "offices" or NADC, which are you guys most proud of? [/quote]While it's not finished or fully implemented yet, I'm quite a fan of our "House" system. It's kinda like an extended mentorship programme that encourages members to grow, in terms of both nation and (to me, this is more important) in terms of involvement in the alliance.
Kochers is right - to many of us in the NADC, the community is more important than the nations. (Of course, this isn't true for everyone here :P)

Edited by TankKiller

1. Taking into account the history of the NADC that you have direct experience with, what are you most proud of and what are you least proud of? Why?

2. NADC has been around since July 06 - impressive. What (in whoever can give an opinion here) has NADC done different than other alliances that started around the same time but no longer exist?

3. What is the longest held treaty you have that is still in effect and who is it with? What has contributed to the treaty being the longest?

4. Any particular reason why NADC is a blue team alliance as opposed to some other color?

Edited by White Chocolate

[quote name='Legend' date='03 June 2010 - 10:58 PM' timestamp='1275623894' post='2323083']

We held our own fairly good last war and I'll leave it to our allies, MHA and etc to comment on this.

[/quote]

Well it was team NADC, MCXA, and Echelon that countered MHA. I thought we did pretty well again MHA and I believe we had the upper hand until Fark and Fok crashed the party.

Also, Karma made just about every alliance on the losing side look bad tbh.

[quote]1. Taking into account the history of the NADC that you have direct experience with, what are you most proud of and what are you least proud of? Why?

2. NADC has been around since July 06 - impressive. What (in whoever can give an opinion here) has NADC done different than other alliances that started around the same time but no longer exist?

3. What is the longest held treaty you have that is still in effect and who is it with? What has contributed to the treaty being the longest?

4. Any particular reason why NADC is a blue team alliance as opposed to some other color? [/quote]

1. Well, the proudest moment was certainly the period when we ascended to the 4th position in CN and are considered equals in the Blue Team to NpO.

The least proud would be of how Otto betrayed us and concocted false evidence to remove ECVI. Terrible.

2. I think at the start, it was the isolationist policy that we embraced for 2 years. It kept us out of the GWs and treaty web conflicts. After that, it was really the unwavering support of the community that kept NADC running. Although our foreign policy has changed remarkably, but our core ideals still remain the same.

3. I believe since NOVA is now defunct, our oldest treaty would be with the MDOAP with UBD. Cheers!

4. Not really. I think Azure Mantle, our founder likes Blue instead of a more tumultuous color.

[quote]Thoughts on Gondor? [/quote]
We have never come into contact with the Dunedain so we can't really make a judgement and pass comments on Gondor.

[quote name='Legend' date='05 June 2010 - 03:32 AM' timestamp='1275705150' post='2324024']
3. I believe since NOVA is now defunct, our oldest treaty would be with the MDOAP with UBD. Cheers!
[/quote]

Actually we have always held a treaty since September 2007, with a 2 months break in 2009. Not always a MDP level though, but I think we still win on that account too :P In terms of accumulated time that is :awesome: