Official Announcement from the Sovereign

[quote name='Andre27' date='31 May 2010 - 09:52 PM' timestamp='1275367952' post='2318695']
You really don't get it if you believe it is about "playing nice". Cooperation is the key to improving relations with other alliances, not isolation. This is also why this doctrine is/was frowned upon.
[/quote]
Last I recall, the GGA foreign policy isn't isolationism.

Now, it's not like I'm the Sovereign or anything, but I'm pretty sure about that.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Dementual' date='01 June 2010 - 06:59 AM' timestamp='1275368336' post='2318704']

Now, it's not like I'm the Sovereign or anything, but I'm pretty sure about that.
[/quote]

Yet that is the impression i (and after reading some of the comments) and other seem to get from the comments of the GGA Regent.

Let me state once more that i hope the relations between our mutual alliances will improve and i believe the first step towards that goal is to strive towards more cooperation and what easier way than through UJA.

[quote name='Byron Orpheus' date='31 May 2010 - 11:22 AM' timestamp='1275319343' post='2317772']
Hopefully someone will give us a reason to.
[/quote]

Wow copping an attitude already? That was quick. Maybe you forgot admission to the UJA isn't a rubber stamp. Or are you just fishing for 'no' votes?

I'm all for improving relations, but so far it looks like GGA is more of the same.

Edited by TypoNinja

[quote name='Dementual' date='01 June 2010 - 12:59 AM' timestamp='1275368336' post='2318704']

[/quote]

Right, you're the sovereign. Let's see how GGA foreign policy will change.

[2010-04-21 23:48:27] <Jonathan_Brookbank> I now have only one goal in CN
[2010-04-21 23:48:32] <Jonathan_Brookbank> Kill VE.
[2010-04-21 23:48:37] <Byron_Orpheus[GGA]> Ditto
[2010-04-21 23:48:40] <Dementual> Agreed.

Oh wait...

[quote name='Andre27' date='31 May 2010 - 10:03 PM' timestamp='1275368618' post='2318714']
i believe the first step towards that goal is to strive towards more cooperation and what easier way than through UJA.
[/quote]
Unity is a goal, as you just said, not a first step to a goal.

[quote name='goldielax25' date='31 May 2010 - 10:23 PM' timestamp='1275369765' post='2318765']
Right, you're the sovereign. Let's see how GGA foreign policy will change.

[2010-04-21 23:48:27] <Jonathan_Brookbank> I now have only one goal in CN
[2010-04-21 23:48:32] <Jonathan_Brookbank> Kill VE.
[2010-04-21 23:48:37] <Byron_Orpheus[GGA]> Ditto
[2010-04-21 23:48:40] <Dementual> Agreed.

Oh wait...
[/quote]
Oh look, more !@#$ nobody cares about because they understand what backrooms are for. :awesome:

EDIT: if you're really looking to bring up this dead-horse argument, there's another announcement somewhere else you can go tee hee about it in.

Edited by Dementual

[quote name='Dementual' date='01 June 2010 - 01:25 AM' timestamp='1275369914' post='2318776']
Oh look, more !@#$ nobody cares about because they understand what backrooms are for. :awesome:

EDIT: if you're really looking to bring up this dead-horse argument, there's another announcement somewhere else you can go tee hee about it in.
[/quote]

What you mean the tripe that JB spewed out that nobody believes about it being a mole hunt?

Dementual, I've led alliances in places far far away. I'm going to give you a bit of advice here. Take it or leave it ol' son, the choice is yours. My advice to you is to order your members to refrain from commenting on this thread any further. There are those who are going to throw peanuts at the lot of you without let up simply because you wear the tags you wear. I grant this freely to you even though my nations was smashed into rubble by three GGA nations in NoCB, but I'm not the sort to hold a grudge.

Just do your thing, keep your cool in public, and keep in mind you don't have to restore the glory to the GGA name, but you would be well advised to build a new reputation for integrity, stability, and honor towards your friends and allies.

[quote name='Dementual' date='01 June 2010 - 01:25 AM' timestamp='1275369914' post='2318776']

[/quote]

Well, originally I offered you my support in this thread because I was assuming you'd be taking a different stance regarding your foreign policy. I apologize for being so optimistic. Of the many roads you could have taken to get things on the right track, I do believe you've chosen quite poorly. I have to echo the sentiments of goldie and Typo on this.

Best of luck, it looks like you may need it <_<.

[quote name='TypoNinja' date='31 May 2010 - 10:31 PM' timestamp='1275370259' post='2318784']
What you mean the tripe that JB spewed out that nobody believes about it being a mole hunt?
[/quote]
No, I mean the government of an alliance venting after dealing with another alliance's annoying crap for several hours for several weeks on end.

Incessantly.

Annoying.

The hell out of us.

And I think I speak for most alliance leaders when I say this is nothing out of the ordinary.

So, like I said before,

[quote]if you're really looking to bring up this dead-horse argument, there's another announcement somewhere else you can go tee hee about it in.[/quote]

[/quote]

This is as good an announcement as any to discuss these things.

What are GGA's plans for green?
What are GGA's plans in regard to UJA?
What are GGA's plans in regard to VE?
Should those logs be interpreted as your true feelings because they were behind closed doors, or were you just being a follower of JB?

Well I see my advice was heeded, good luck to you Dementual. I'm seeing you really are going to need it. You'd be wise to meet with the government of VE at some point to discuss those logs rather than get trapped in a forum brawl where the outcome is harder to predict due to the international court of opinion.

So which was it then? Random venting or a mole hunt? Contradicting information is fun isn't it? Or should we cap off the idiocy of the claims that you knew they were leaked but never bothered to approach any of the affected parties in private to put any possible concerns to rest?

To be honest it really doesn't matter to me, either you are telling the truth when you say you don't mean it, or you are lying, and it doesn't matter because you lack the ability to make good on your desires. Either way its no longer a problem for us.

Well then, I'd say we're right back to where we were in the last GGA thread or two--arguments over who wants to kill who and why Jenny won't kiss Jimmy. Unless you're willing to follow through with some hard action, give it a rest.

I think that many are overlooking the fact that the GGA may be making history with this smooth transition in power. I believe that this is a rarity if not a first in the history of the GGA. The GGA and its member nations are to be congratulated! This is progress in deed and in fact.

Some of GGA’s recent history is not so worthy of congratulatory comments. A case in point would be the release of several private conversations by a former GGA member. I declare this, not to add to the mountain of disparagement found in this and other GGA announcements but to illustrate an alternative for the GGA to consider. It is a well known general rule that statements made behind closed doors should be kept behind closed doors. However, sometimes private statements manage to escape into the wild. As the GGA has recently experienced, the longer the statements remain in the wild, the more the interest and the recriminations mount.

Now is the time for the GGA to do something different - boldly different. Intransigently following the same path blazed by past GGA administrations will only reap continued mirth, ridicule, and derision. I strongly urge the new GGA administration to re-examine the explanatory accounts for the leaked conversations given by the previous GGA administration. Where they fall short, the GGA should provide valid reasons - not half-truths or excuses. GGA should give candid explanations - not self-serving justifications. GGA should offer factual clarifications - not convenient rationalizations. And if apologies are necessary, GGA should make them forthrightly with frankness and sincerity. GGA should remember that it is unbecoming to nuance or half-step this point of honor.

It is my honest opinion that if the GGA and its new administration makes a clean and decisive break from the policies and actions of past GGA administrations, that it will find that other alliances (both on and off the green trading sphere) are willing to give the GGA the benefit of the doubt. I encourage the member nations and leadership of the GGA to join the UJA and work with us. Advance your ideas. Share your thoughts. Contribute to the fulfillment of the dreams and aspirations of other Green alliances and you will find that we will return the favor. The converse can only lead the GGA to stagnation and decline.

[quote name='Antonio Salovega VI' date='01 June 2010 - 02:05 AM' timestamp='1275383136' post='2318926']
I think that many are overlooking the fact that the GGA may be making history with this smooth transition in power. I believe that this is a rarity if not a first in the history of the GGA. The GGA and its member nations are to be congratulated! This is progress in deed and in fact.

Some of GGA’s recent history is not so worthy of congratulatory comments. A case in point would be the release of several private conversations by a former GGA member. I declare this, not to add to the mountain of disparagement found in this and other GGA announcements but to illustrate an alternative for the GGA to consider. It is a well known general rule that statements made behind closed doors should be kept behind closed doors. However, sometimes private statements manage to escape into the wild. As the GGA has recently experienced, the longer the statements remain in the wild, the more the interest and the recriminations mount.

Now is the time for the GGA to do something different - boldly different. Intransigently following the same path blazed by past GGA administrations will only reap continued mirth, ridicule, and derision. I strongly urge the new GGA administration to re-examine the explanatory accounts for the leaked conversations given by the previous GGA administration. Where they fall short, the GGA should provide valid reasons - not half-truths or excuses. GGA should give candid explanations - not self-serving justifications. GGA should offer factual clarifications - not convenient rationalizations. And if apologies are necessary, GGA should make them forthrightly with frankness and sincerity. GGA should remember that it is unbecoming to nuance or half-step this point of honor.

It is my honest opinion that if the GGA and its new administration makes a clean and decisive break from the policies and actions of past GGA administrations, that it will find that other alliances (both on and off the green trading sphere) are willing to give the GGA the benefit of the doubt. I encourage the member nations and leadership of the GGA to join the UJA and work with us. Advance your ideas. Share your thoughts. Contribute to the fulfillment of the dreams and aspirations of other Green alliances and you will find that we will return the favor. The converse can only lead the GGA to stagnation and decline.
[/quote]

Oh, Antonio, how I miss you... :D

You basically said what I wanted to say but in much prettier words.

This is as good an announcement as any to discuss these things.

[quote]What are GGA's plans for green?[/quote] GGA's plans for green remain what they have always been; harmonious co-existence and communication. I believe the former IRC ban wars from both sides have ended, so there are even less obstacles.
[quote]What are GGA's plans in regard to UJA?[/quote] What exactly should our plans be? Everyone keeps talking as if UJA is some complicated treaty that takes constant attention, as opposed to a color-wide NAP with an IRC channel where no one talks, a forum no one uses, and spreadsheets no one updates. If anyone actually bothers to read the UJA text, please point to me how our own policies are in any way in conflict, despite not being a signatory. As per the first accord, we will not sanction anyone, we will settle things through diplomatic means (when we are allowed to), we certainly frown on spying, we believe in free trade.

If we run a nation for senator, as in the second accord, we are bound to follow the accord whether we are signatories or not, so that is even more of a moot point than the first.

We are not a neutral alliance, so the third accord does not even apply to us.

The fourth accord also does not really concern us, although admittedly because we are not signatories and therefore it is not our place to support a team-sponsored protectorate through UJA (though we may choose to support them through private means).

The fifth accord is just about acceptance and resignation.

The sixth accord, interestingly, is an accord that we seem to follow, despite not being signatories, but certain other, actual signatories seem to struggle with constantly-- "i. All signatories of this treaty fully recognize the need to forever remember and reflect on all past horrors that have occurred on the sphere, in a universal commitment to prevent any of these atrocities from reoccurring. Furthermore, the undersigned do agree to forever embody the loving spirit that created the United Green Legislation, the Sphere of Win Treaty, and these Accords in everything they do."

[quote]What are GGA's plans in regard to VE?[/quote] Peaceful coexistence. VE is another alliance on the planet, but apparently many forget that there are hundreds of alliances that are not VE. As great as the members of VE are, our world does not revolve around them, but I am sure that when our paths cross we will be just as courteous and respectful as the members of VE.

[quote]Should those logs be interpreted as your true feelings because they were behind closed doors, or were you just being a follower of JB?[/quote]
Those logs should be interpreted as neither. Something taken out of context in moments of anger from weeks ago no more accurately reflect the true feelings or policies of government members than a spam thread reflects good diplomacy. The easy route out of this, obviously, would to blame JB...but that would be the easy way out. If the world wants to continue making a spectacle because it thinks it smells blood in the water, that is up to it. I suggest picking up some other hobby, however, because frankly all this obsessive attention is starting to feel a little desperate.

[quote name='Byron Orpheus' date='01 June 2010 - 09:08 AM' timestamp='1275397687' post='2319041']
Those logs should be interpreted as neither. Something taken out of context in moments of anger from weeks ago no more accurately reflect the true feelings or policies of government members than a spam thread reflects good diplomacy. The easy route out of this, obviously, would to blame JB...but that would be the easy way out. If the world wants to continue making a spectacle because it thinks it smells blood in the water, that is up to it. I suggest picking up some other hobby, however, because frankly all this obsessive attention is starting to feel a little desperate.
[/quote]
So are you saying that VE doesn't have any reason to be a little bit sensitive with regards to statements from you that you want to kill them? I mean, it's not like there's any precedent for you attacking them for no reason or anything...

[quote name='Antonio Salovega VI' date='01 June 2010 - 05:05 AM' timestamp='1275383136' post='2318926']

[/quote]

This man is suave and offers some sound advice.

Also, might I suggest that if either VE or GGA want to promote Green, you should probably stop bickering with each other all the time. Just saying.

[quote name='Jrenster' date='01 June 2010 - 04:36 PM' timestamp='1275406575' post='2319170']

Also, might I suggest that if either VE or GGA want to promote Green, you should probably stop bickering with each other all the time. Just saying.
[/quote]

What a novel concept, I'm going to have to say I agree.

I have discussed what I felt needed to be discussed with both Roy and Dementual.

Antonio is correct and sniping at GGA's leadership for their leaked comments is not productive towards VE's mission of a free and stable green.

[quote name='Jrenster' date='01 June 2010 - 10:36 AM' timestamp='1275406575' post='2319170']
This man is suave and offers some sound advice.

[/quote]
We don't need VE nor GGA to promote Green. All we need is Enrage, the person that single handedly saved, united, & expanded green. But, I'm gonna miss JB a little..he was an "interesting" character here on our team :blush:

Edited by Enrage

[quote name='Byron Orpheus' date='01 June 2010 - 08:08 AM' timestamp='1275397687' post='2319041']If we run a nation for senator[/quote]

don't you need to have a nation capable of running for senate first? [url="http://www.cybernations.net/allNations_display_teams.asp?Page=4&Order=DESC&Field=Strength&Team=Green"]147th is the top GGA nation[/url]