Official Announcement from the Sovereign

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Lord Rune' date='31 May 2010 - 03:19 AM' timestamp='1275301165' post='2317639']
And what benefits do honourary GGA members enjoy?
[/quote]
Aside from a special status at GGA Castle, not entirely too much, but a title that can be worn with (perhaps :blush: ) some pride.

[quote]
Aside from a special status at GGA Castle, not entirely too much, but a title that can be worn with (perhaps :blush: ) some pride. [/quote]

You should have offered extra burgers at the annual GGA members BBQ :P

Edited by Andre27

[quote name='Andre27' date='31 May 2010 - 03:15 PM' timestamp='1275333320' post='2318026']
You should have offered extra burgers at the annual GGA members BBQ :P
[/quote]
That option is fully available to anyone who wants to suck up to this year's grillmaster (me) :P

I wish you luck, you have taken the first step on the road to recovery keep going. Learn from past mistakes and grow wiser, reforge ties and find true friends, be active, keep the interests of the members close to your heart and make sure your government does what is best for the many. Things are starting to look up long road ahead of you tread well upon it.

[quote name='Dementual' date='31 May 2010 - 03:03 PM' timestamp='1275332604' post='2318010']
and people call [i]us [/i]aggressive
[/quote]
Not even a neutral alliance would take that as an aggressive statement. We don't declare war lightly, or I'm sure our alliances would have come into conflict in ... well, at least once since '07, probably multiple times.

[quote name='Cornelius' date='31 May 2010 - 01:34 PM' timestamp='1275338060' post='2318083']
Not even a neutral alliance would take that as an aggressive statement. We don't declare war lightly, or I'm sure our alliances would have come into conflict in ... well, at least once since '07, probably multiple times.
[/quote]
Relax, it was an exaggeration for an exaggeration.

Also, how many of the people on that old list are still around nowadays, anyway?

[quote name='Andre27' date='31 May 2010 - 06:25 PM' timestamp='1275326702' post='2317904']
Why on earth would you want to cooperate with other alliances to show your dedication to the green team when you can show it through a unilateral doctrine.
[/quote]
What exactly would joining change, including our level of cooperation? Trades and peace are the only things that UJA really accomplished in the first place, and we are managing just fine on our own with both.

That doesn't mean they are our enemies, it simply means there is no reason for us to rejoin.

[quote name='Byron Orpheus' date='01 June 2010 - 12:03 AM' timestamp='1275343386' post='2318170']
What exactly would joining change, including our level of cooperation? Trades and peace are the only things that UJA really accomplished in the first place, and we are managing just fine on our own with both.

That doesn't mean they are our enemies, it simply means there is no reason for us to rejoin.
[/quote]

If this has to be explained, you really don't get it.

For starters it would be a show of good faith which goes a long way in restoring your public image which has taken severe blows for the past 3 months.

It creates senate stability and in case you fail to see the advantages of that, talk to someone who was around in the aftermath of the green civil war (or Viridicde or The Emerald Affair, pick which name suits) and see how annoying rogue/disgruntle senators can be.

Reentry would benefit the team because cooperation sends a far clearer message of stability that some unilateral doctrine. Stable team, more people, better chances of finding trades.

These are just a few, closing your eyes to them just to stroke your own ego (because frankly that is exactly what that doctrine is) well I'll let you fill in the rest.

[quote name='Byron Orpheus' date='31 May 2010 - 06:03 PM' timestamp='1275343386' post='2318170']

[/quote]
I honestly think there is something to be said about the symbolic value of joining a color unity treaty. If nothing else, it accomplishes the same thing as the emerald doctrine, without any of the silliness and with the appearance of cooperation.

Anyways, I with the best of luck to the new GGA gov. I hope things go well for you from here on out.

[quote name='Byron Orpheus' date='31 May 2010 - 06:03 PM' timestamp='1275343386' post='2318170']

[/quote]

If you can't figure it out, then you're not worthy of your government position.

Dementual, fire this fool.

[quote name='Sooner' date='31 May 2010 - 02:43 PM' timestamp='1275331412' post='2317998']
Not even 24 hours after a new government takes its place in GGA, have relations again soured. My things are off to a great start.
[/quote]

You make an assumption it's GGA who must bend to your will.

[quote name='Wad of Lint' date='31 May 2010 - 08:42 PM' timestamp='1275352915' post='2318322']
You make an assumption it's GGA who must bend to your will.
[/quote]

Yes, it is the world that must bend to our will! *insert even laughter here* Oh wait, was I not suppose to reveal that? :P

[quote name='Felix von Agnu' date='01 June 2010 - 01:15 AM' timestamp='1275351326' post='2318296']
symbolic value
[/quote]
[quote]the appearance of cooperation.
[/quote]
Well, that would be were we disagree. I am after actual value and actual cooperation, not symbols or appearances. As I said, we are quite fine with playing nice with the other green alliances-- if anything it seems uncooperative to me that their cooperation depends on our being a member of UJA...it seems to me that the real spirit of green unity would to be unified no matter what paper allegiances say.

[quote name='SonOfHoward' date='01 June 2010 - 04:23 AM' timestamp='1275362600' post='2318553']
Looks like nothing has changed in your attitude. You were just as well off with Brookbank in office.
[/quote]
I sincerely hope that the majority of the community recognizes the difference between being open-minded and being a door mat. You will not find any blind rage here, nor will you find vendetta. However, you will also find that our charter has not been amended to be run by global opinion, and that we will, as we always have, make decisions based on what we feel is best and necessary for the alliance, not what will be a meaningless PR band-aid that will leave no one in a better position. Just as GGA has the best interests of Green at heart without being a signatory of UJA, I am sure that VE and the other signatories radiate good faith for the green community under the flag of UJA whether an alliance is a signatory or not. That is, after all, the spirit, is it not?

[quote name='Byron Orpheus' date='31 May 2010 - 11:19 PM' timestamp='1275362361' post='2318539']
Well, that would be were we disagree. I am after actual value and actual cooperation, not symbols or appearances. As I said, we are quite fine with playing nice with the other green alliances-- if anything it seems uncooperative to me that their cooperation depends on our being a member of UJA...it seems to me that the real spirit of green unity would to be unified no matter what paper allegiances say.
[/quote]
Sitting in your own corner of green while you have your rather lame doctrine of Non-Aggression is hardly cooperation. It is actually quite the opposite.

[quote name='Felix von Agnu' date='01 June 2010 - 04:39 AM' timestamp='1275363546' post='2318582']
Sitting in your own corner of green while you have your rather lame doctrine of Non-Aggression is hardly cooperation. It is actually quite the opposite.
[/quote]
How are we in a corner? We still trade with everyone else, we still are at peace. The isolationist rhetoric is coming from outside the GGA, not internally. We aren't isolationists just because you say it is so.

I don't want to take sides on this, but some people are making the argument that GGA not joining UJA means that they are not for Green Unity. I would just like to say that this is a bad argument. For example, Terra Cotta is a Brown bloc that promotes Brown Unity, but just because other Brown alliances don't join it doesn't mean that they aren't promoting Brown Unity. The same can be applied to other color blocs as well.

I don't know the reasons for why GGA not joining UJA other than their apparent beef with VE; or maybe their beef comes from the fact that they refuse to join. I would like to hear more honest and blunt reasoning on this other than "we don't need it" or "we don't like VE just because".

[quote name='Byron Orpheus' date='01 June 2010 - 05:19 AM' timestamp='1275362361' post='2318539']
Well, that would be were we disagree. I am after actual value and actual cooperation, not symbols or appearances. As I said, we are quite fine with [b]playing nice[/b] with the other green alliances-- if anything it seems uncooperative to me that their cooperation depends on our being a member of UJA...it seems to me that the real spirit of green unity would to be unified no matter what paper allegiances say.
[/quote]

You really don't get it if you believe it is about "playing nice". Cooperation is the key to improving relations with other alliances, not isolation. This is also why this doctrine is/was frowned upon.