Announcement regarding the Grand Global Alliance

Penkala

[quote name='Omniscient1' date='30 May 2010 - 11:57 AM' timestamp='1275238606' post='2316750']
In case you missed it, It's Dementual in charge now not Bilrow.
[/quote]
More lies and deceit from this shell of "government". There is only one true leader of the GGA. His name is Bilrow.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Aeternalis' date='30 May 2010 - 01:03 PM' timestamp='1275238968' post='2316757']
More lies and deceit from this shell of "government". There is only one true leader of the GGA. His name is Bilrow.
[/quote]
And what are you...his "disciple"? :((

[quote name='Barnaby von Farter' date='30 May 2010 - 06:22 PM' timestamp='1275240150' post='2316776']
The GGA representation in this topic is eerily underwhelming. Would be nice to know what their membership thinks of this development, not to mention the manner in which it was communicated to the international community.
[/quote]

Indeed. I too, am most keen to see what the general opinion of the membership is. [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif[/img]

[quote name='Barnaby von Farter' date='30 May 2010 - 10:22 AM' timestamp='1275240150' post='2316776']
The GGA representation in this topic is eerily underwhelming. Would be nice to know what their membership thinks of this development, not to mention the manner in which it was communicated to the international community.
[/quote]

Why? So they can be !@#$ on by the peanut gallery? I don’t think it’s a good idea for any GGA member to post in here. This announcement was not made by the GGA or for the GGA. It was made so people could lolGGA once again. I’m sure there will be a post made by the government of the GGA soon.

The idea of a member of another alliance feeling he has the right to make an announcement regarding government of another alliance is in itself a little odd. This is nothing more than a sick joke and a desperate plea for attention by Penkala. Just because JB told him what was going on did not give him the authority to make this announcement. Hell JB told me he had left 20min after it was done, that in no way made me think I should announce it here. Way to stay classy Penkala. NSO must be proud to have members like you.

[quote name='ironchef' date='30 May 2010 - 01:43 PM' timestamp='1275241403' post='2316804']
Why? So they can be !@#$ on by the peanut gallery? I don’t think it’s a good idea for any GGA member to post in here. This announcement was not made by the GGA or for the GGA. It was made so people could lolGGA once again. I’m sure there will be a post made by the government of the GGA soon.

The idea of a member of another alliance feeling he has the right to make an announcement regarding government of another alliance is in itself a little odd. This is nothing more than a sick joke and a desperate plea for attention by Penkala. Just because JB told him what was going on did not give him the authority to make this announcement. Hell JB told me he had left 20min after it was done, that in no way made me think I should announce it here. Way to stay classy Penkala. NSO must be proud to have members like you.
[/quote]
Its PenkLOLa...did you expect better of him? He thinks he's funny when in reality, he's just a pathetic attention seeker. And I bet he's going to come in here and try to say that he had every right to make this announcement for a different alliance.

[quote name='ironchef' date='30 May 2010 - 01:43 PM' timestamp='1275241403' post='2316804']
Why? So they can be !@#$ on by the peanut gallery? I donÂ’t think itÂ’s a good idea for any GGA member to post in here. This announcement was not made by the GGA or for the GGA. It was made so people could lolGGA once again. IÂ’m sure there will be a post made by the government of the GGA soon.
[/quote]

A legitimate question, based on historical precident. Would alliance-bashing hobbyists make the rank-and-file the target of their mockery? Perhaps, but this has happened more broadly without their input, anyway.

My intent was not to draw out the GGA membership in order to throw stones, just curious as to their general morale regarding this development. I also look forward to the official GGA response to this -- as promised by Dementual -- and hope that it will be a pragmatic representation of the membership's feelings.

Edited by Barnaby von Farter

[quote name='Barnaby von Farter' date='30 May 2010 - 07:05 PM' timestamp='1275242725' post='2316838']
A legitimate question, based on historical precident. Would alliance-bashing hobbyists make the rank-and-file the target of their mockery? Perhaps, but this has happened more broadly without their input, anyway.

My intent was not to draw out the GGA membership in order to throw stones, just curious as to their general morale regarding this development. I also look forward to the official GGA response to this -- as promised by Dementual -- and hope that it will be a pragmatic representation of the membership's feelings.
[/quote]

While your intent might not have been as such, there are many that do have the intention to throw sticks at us be it warranted or not wich is what ironchef most likely ment in her comments. As for your question: for as far as I know there are no "RAWR RAGE" reactions or anything in that regards. All I see so far is an "alright, so this happened. Whats the plan now?" Ofcourse its to early to say anything yet but we'll see if that stays.

[quote name='AirMe' date='30 May 2010 - 11:22 AM' timestamp='1275232926' post='2316656']
I love a good LOLGGA thread BUT, I am going a different direction with this one. Dementual will do a good job at doing what needs to be done to at the very least stop the decline in GGA. And if he can stick it through, bring it out on the other side.
[/quote]

JB burning every bridge he could find doesn't make dems job any easier either. You'll pardon me if I wait for some demonstrable progress before I express any hope.

[quote name='Barnaby von Farter' date='30 May 2010 - 01:22 PM' timestamp='1275240150' post='2316776']
[/quote]

I would be like to believe that most people in GGA capable of independent thought and well formed ideas left long ago.

Edited by pezstar

[quote name='wickedj' date='30 May 2010 - 02:04 PM' timestamp='1275246271' post='2316884']
He still around? havent seen him lately
[/quote]
Immaterial. He's still the right choice.

[quote name='Aeternalis' date='30 May 2010 - 01:03 PM' timestamp='1275238968' post='2316757']
[/quote]
Personally, I'm hoping for the triumphant return of Prodigal Chieftain to put GGA back on the track to success. Things just haven't been the same without him.

[quote name='flak attack' date='30 May 2010 - 10:59 AM' timestamp='1275231543' post='2316648']
Up until that war, Terry Howard was at least able to make Illuminati grow. JB can't even do that. Being Terry Howard would have made him better.
[/quote]

Should have seen last night where JB claimed responsibility for GGA's sanctioning and blamed their declines on his departure. :awesome:

[quote]Really cool Penkala. I have no respect for GGA, but it's still wrong for you to go ahead and post acting like a GGA gov member. Show some class.[/quote]

Where exactly did I act like a GGA gov member? Was it the part where I signed it as [b]member of NSO[/b]?

[quote]This is nothing more than a sick joke and a desperate plea for attention by Penkala. Just because JB told him what was going on did not give him the authority to make this announcement.[/quote]

Nah, I just wanted to get in on announcing a new regime change for GGA. I mean, a dozen people have had the thrill of posting a thread about GGA's expected 'turn around and growth' and announce how they've fixed the alliance, why shouldn't I?

Oh, and JB didn't tell me what was going on.

[quote]Way to stay classy Penkala. [/quote]

If you'd prefer I could be one of the boring "yes" men that go to every single GGA revitalization thread and hail the new government and outlook for the future. This place would be so much better if everyone would just follow the established norms and do as they're told, man!

[quote]Its PenkLOLa...did you expect better of him? He thinks he's funny when in reality, he's just a pathetic attention seeker. And I bet he's going to come in here and try to say that he had every right to make this announcement for a different alliance.[/quote]

Nah, I'm not really funny. And as to your 'rights' aspect, there are no 'rights' in this world. You don't tell me what I can and can't do, and for you to think that YOU establish the norms I must follow is [i]hilarious[/i]. I'll say to you the same thing I say to all others who try to lecture me about my 'right' to do something: Get bent.

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='Näktergal' date='30 May 2010 - 07:37 PM' timestamp='1275248223' post='2316917']
Personally, I'm hoping for the triumphant return of Prodigal Chieftain to put GGA back on the track to success. Things just haven't been the same without him.
[/quote]

Oh for the love of Christ, not again :rolleyes:

[quote name='Penkala' date='30 May 2010 - 04:03 PM' timestamp='1275249820' post='2316946']
Nah, I'm not really funny. And as to your 'rights' aspect, there are no 'rights' in this world. You don't tell me what I can and can't do, and for you to think that YOU establish the norms I must follow is [i]hilarious[/i]. I'll say to you the same thing I say to all others who try to lecture me about my 'right' to do something: Get bent.
[/quote]

It wasn't a matter of whether or not you had the 'right' to do it. Do whatever. Grandstand and reveal yourself as petty, small player on this stage. You're right, it's your choice to poorly represent your fine alliance.

Verbally jabbing a benign alliance when it's down is pretty much the norm, isn't it? So congrats on following, and reinforcing normal OWF behavior.

[quote name='Mussolandia' date='30 May 2010 - 03:04 PM' timestamp='1275249825' post='2316947']
Oh for the love of Christ, not again :rolleyes:
[/quote]
I'm with you on this one Mussolandia.

No I said correctly earlier when I said that Dem and Kenfolk should lead GGA with Kenfolk being the best option to lead up front. Give Dem the growth potential by being second in command.

[quote name='Barnaby von Farter' date='30 May 2010 - 03:40 PM' timestamp='1275252041' post='2316993']
It wasn't a matter of whether or not you had the 'right' to do it. Do whatever. Grandstand and reveal yourself as petty, small player on this stage. You're right, it's your choice to poorly represent your fine alliance.

Verbally jabbing a benign alliance when it's down is pretty much the norm, isn't it? So congrats on following, and reinforcing normal OWF behavior.
[/quote]
I have breaking news for you, uhm..im not sure Penkala cared about public opinion

[quote name='wickedj' date='30 May 2010 - 06:22 PM' timestamp='1275258108' post='2317092']
I have breaking news for you, uhm..im not sure Penkala cared about public opinion
[/quote]

Especially not Baranaby van Farter or whoever this guy calling me a nobody is.

[quote name='Penkala' date='30 May 2010 - 11:24 PM' timestamp='1275258253' post='2317095']
Especially not Baranaby van Farter or whoever this guy calling me a nobody is.
[/quote]

On the flip side, I am pretty sure he doesn't care about what you think about his name.

[quote name='wickedj' date='30 May 2010 - 03:22 PM' timestamp='1275258108' post='2317092']
[/quote]

His point was that Penkala is upholding the status quo of taking jabs at the alliance of the month rather than being a novel thinker and fighting against the established norms like he is saying. But if he wants to act bigger than Jesus that's his prerogative, but its incredibly annoying.