Nebula-X unites with Celestial Bieng

[quote name='Sooner' date='28 May 2010 - 10:48 PM' timestamp='1275101302' post='2315209']
I'm really liking this a lot. has CN changed? Is this the work of Karma's spirit moving through every.....

Okay, I'll be frank. Karma has nothing to do with this, it's people doing and believing in what is right and decent in this world. Amen.
[/quote]
So it was Vox Populi.

Once you look past the glinting tear in your eye, the problem with all this is, of course, that IRON made a fool's rush in and is getting everything that comes to the wicked and slow-witted. They are not being oppressed--Gremlins doesn't have the capacity to oppress IRON anymore than I have the capacity to oppress IAA. Everyone's desire to stick it to The Man by sending cash to The Man is worrisome, a point of grim chuckles to the practical among us, and a reminder to the flighty of just how near-sighted the average tax-collector-bill-payers are.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' date='29 May 2010 - 06:18 AM' timestamp='1275099493' post='2315181']
Awesome to see happen. I expect others to be joining this movement soon. Your move gremlins.
[/quote]

It turns out to be a great move afterall.Well done to both!

An...interesting turn of events. The actions of Celestial being have spurred a small movement, it seems.

Still, I am afraid that I have little more to say than I have already in CB's announcement. This will not be the last time that an alliance abuses the power that they (think they) have. Thus, I give credit where credit is due in regard to the thought behind the action; come the time when a larger, more imposing and intimidating force employs similar policies however, I expect CB, Nebula-X, and other like-minded alliances not to forget their own stated values. The Grämlins are weak now. Others will not be.

That is all. Godspeed. \m/

Edited by Lezrahi

[quote name='Schattenmann' date='29 May 2010 - 01:39 AM' timestamp='1275111571' post='2315323']
So it was Vox Populi.

Once you look past the glinting tear in your eye, the problem with all this is, of course, that IRON made a fool's rush in and is [b]getting everything that comes to the wicked and slow-witted[/b]. They are not being oppressed--Gremlins doesn't have the capacity to oppress IRON anymore than I have the capacity to oppress IAA. Everyone's desire to stick it to The Man by sending cash to The Man is worrisome, a point of grim chuckles to the practical among us, and a reminder to the flighty of just how near-sighted the average tax-collector-bill-payers are.
[/quote]

What an ironic statement to come from one of Vox's mouthpieces. I was under the impression that the reason Vox was formed was because of general NPO dirty tricks. I believe your [OOC: wiki] states you opposed those "who seek to crush freedom, and force you to live in fear." Now while it is undoubtedly true that Gre no longer has the capability to "oppress" IRON militarily, they do stubbornly refuse to yield, and in so doing they are in the wrong. Holding alliances at perpetual war was one of the things you didn't like about NPO yes? It was one of the things that made you try to infiltrate their ranks? I suppose I am confused, was Vox not about principles? Because if so, shouldn't you be decrying th principle of "unconditional surrender" rather than its application, or more precisely, the alliance affiliation of those applying it?

What I find interesting however is that you simultaneously argue that IRON deserves what they are getting (bolded statement), while stating that they are not threatened at all and indeed, are getting off easy. So either you believe that they deserve a easily winnable war which gains them tech and apparently money, or you are a hypocrite who just wants to see IRON burn and masks that sentiment by downplaying the threat they face, and are saddened that Gre no longer has the capability to make this war extremely painful.

[quote name='kriekfreak' date='29 May 2010 - 03:43 AM' timestamp='1275118972' post='2315393']
This is stupid.
[/quote]

Cogent.

[quote name='Lord Curzon' date='29 May 2010 - 07:41 PM' timestamp='1275158476' post='2315739']
Cogent.
[/quote]

Oh I could write up a whole essay why I think it is stupid, but it would be a waste of my time. Sonic can talk to me in private if he wants to know why I think it is stupid.

[quote name='kriekfreak' date='29 May 2010 - 03:21 PM' timestamp='1275160861' post='2315785']
Oh I could write up a whole essay why I think it is stupid, but it would be a waste of my time. Sonic can talk to me in private if he wants to know why I think it is stupid.
[/quote]

yes, but by doing so we don't get the pleasure of debating kriek!