Yeah this announcement pretty much sucks

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Vasuda' date='27 May 2010 - 06:42 PM' timestamp='1275000144' post='2313945']
This announcement is awful news. FCO was a great alliance. I have had nothing but the utmost respect for you ever since you stood with NoV, despite the price you knew you would pay. May all former members find good homes.
[/quote]

Similar to my thoughts about this. Good luck dudes.

Not a surprise to be honest, anyone who did anything in FCO left awhile ago, it hasn't been that same alliance since last summer. Shame to see so many former friends gone from Bob with FCO.

A last shoutout to Kana, Paavi, Bitter (Drool) and many others that left with them.

[quote name='Uralica' date='27 May 2010 - 12:06 PM' timestamp='1274987198' post='2313734']
Same here, at least when I came back to the game in late '08. You'd figure a guy with a Finnish ruler name would be able to speak the language, but [OOC]I'm only part-Finnish myself and I was born and raised in Canada.[/OOC] Anyway, paljon onnea (good luck) wherever you guys end up.
[/quote]

I have to third this, except differing from your case, [ooc]I am only 1/4 Finnish and born and raised in California.[/ooc] So here is another player that would have joined FCO had he known Finnish beyond a handful of words and phrases.

As several have said before, this announcement is terrible. It's sad to see the FCO disband. Good luck to all you guys out there.

So, for the hyveellinen FCO, one last hyvästi!

o/ FCO

Edited by Ivan V

This is a tragedy; even with all the recent differences between the late FCO and Nordreich, I know many Nordlanders (myself included) had high hopes that one day we would reconcile and be allies once again. Unfortunately, this is now an impossibility.

Das Ewiges Reich will fly the flag of Finland for one day in memory of Peliplaneetta, of the FCO, and of the many sacrifices both made for Nordland. Thank you for standing up for NoV when few others would. May all former FCO members find themselves safe and secure as they part ways into this world.

One final [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evdQNutBxE0"]salute[/url] for FCO, good luck to you all. o/

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' date='28 May 2010 - 01:57 AM' timestamp='1275008220' post='2314063']
Not a surprise to be honest, anyone who did anything in FCO left awhile ago, it hasn't been that same alliance since last summer. Shame to see so many former friends gone from Bob with FCO.

A last shoutout to Kana, Paavi, Bitter (Drool) and many others that left with them.
[/quote]

I find it [i]highly[/i] amusing that you would mention Paavi and Bitter as persons who did something for the alliance. KanaX was a great MoFA, that's a no-brainer, but really, as a pretty long-term member, I can't recall either of those two achieving anything worthy of mention. Instead, true thanks belong to folks like Aurora, Decker, Gaslo etc. who [i]remained[/i] - at least for a while - when those guys you mentioned were already gone, keeping things running, even if their way of doing it did't happen to please you and your nice little alliance. Yes, we changed a lot during the summer, surely, but I'd say it was mainly positive. The inactivity was already a problem during the KanaX administration and it really didn't become any worse after we replaced his benevolent dictatorship with a more open system - instead, vice versa, at least temporarily.

If you're not in the know, don't bother opening your mouth, honbun.

Also, to all the Nordreichers hailing and stuff, I really appreciate it that you, too, value our shared past highly. We had some pretty awesome moments even though I never really knew you guys. But it was great to fight with you when you got wiped out in 2008 and it still pretty much is among the most entertaining wars I've ever fought in. In my humble opinion, it was for the best to keep the past in the past and not try to revive a friendship long gone, but it surely doesn't mean I still don't have respect for those times, even though many might believe, as I guess I'm not the most popular guy in the Finnreich nowadays. But I do, and I do a lot. Thanks.

edit: learn to engrish

Edited by Iosif Moldov

I think that we had the inactivity problem for the whole three years, except for the first couple of months when everyone was all excited about building the alliance. Imo that was caused by the fact that we were never too serious about growth and that kind of stuff. Maybe that made the real "pros" frustrated and even angered and they eventually left to join more ambitious alliances. On the other hand, for people like me, it made FCO the best place to just hang out and have fun getting your butt nuked in wars because you really didn't know what the hell you were doing.

I guess ignorance really is bliss.

[quote]I wanted to invite you to an alliance similar to FCO. Our name is The Phoenix Federation and several FCO members will be joining us, so I hope you do too.[/quote]
As far as I know, no one has joined you. Nice try TPF.

Thanks everyone, it's really great to see people missing FCO :wub:

It's great to see all these people hailing. But the greatest thing is to see all these Nordreichers hailing FCO with their beautiful words. I always hoped that we could be true friends again too, but, just like Striderwannabe said, it's impossible now. I just hope that the flow of ex-FCOers would be directed at NoR, iFOK and other wonderful alliances.

[quote name='Iosif Moldov' date='27 May 2010 - 11:01 PM' timestamp='1274990489' post='2313771']
What he said, pretty much. At least iFOK, TOP and indeed Nordreich at the moment have notable amounts of Finns with their roots in FCO, and the CN incarnation of our community is alive in these alliances pretty strongly, from what I've heard.
[/quote]
Don' forget MK. Even though the Finnish colony here only has one Finn, I'd say it's still a pretty notable one!

Bu' yeah, this is all a big shame. Rest in peace :(

Feeling bitter and discouraged, lacking any interest to continue beating a dead horse, I've largely uninvolved myself with the alliance and the community which was and is known as FCO.
One month ago I abrubtly left my position as the leader of the alliance, as well as quitting the game itself while I was at it. But having been as involved as I was in FCO, I don't feel it's appropriate for me to leave you all in dark in regards to my thoughts of you. I think some words are in place before I depart for good.

Beginning from encountering the alliance the first time in early 2007, FCO evolved to be [i]the[/i] alliance for me, the [i]only[/i] alliance. There is no other person who has overseen the alliance for as long or managed it as extensively as I have, and there were many periods when I felt as if I was the only person who had any faith in FCO at all. I believed something cool could be molded out of this bunch of fellow countrymen, and I wanted to have a shot at being one of the architects in building a community.

The first time I came around to grip the reins, success followed. We were never by any means a "good" alliance in the traditional sense, but I nevertheless say it was success. CN was still young, as was FCO and it's membership. We didn't yet know each other so well, there was a world to explore, an alliance to build, wars to be fought, drama to be witnessed - and over the course of the years, we did go through all those interesting experiences. The game has no defined purpose, but most of us had plenty of fun for the time we spent fooling around amongst ourselves in FCO. Thus, it is righteous to state we were indeed successful.

Most of the fun we had came not from FCO interacting as an alliance with other alliances, but rather it's community and membership interacting with itself - dynamics between the many factions, opinions, people and officials within it's ranks. Internal conflicts, although often stressful and heated, I recall as the most entertaining of them. There was blackmailing of candidates during elections, pro-war versus anti-war conflicts, supporters of democracy and dictatorship clashing with one another, attempts at revolutions, conspiracy theories surrounding the various leaders the alliance saw during it's lifespan - that's the kind of !@#$ I played this game for. It's also worth mentioning that I did get to have an entertaining powertrip building my own e-cardhouse out of the community. I failed and succeeded as a dictator, but it was a fun learning experience for while it lasted.

Although I saw myself again in positions of power - the only kind of roles that were meant for me - a number of times after my initial departure, I only returned to my former post last March. My warnings of trying to build castles out of hay, or serious involved alliances out of secluded fun-only communities like FCO, had been ignored for a long time. However, like many have said here, memories of the good times we had kept some of us, like myself, trying - trying to keep the funfair running, it's ticket sales flourishing, the children laughing. However, all good things must come to an end. We've seen and done all, the architects and workers have retired, the game has gone past it's happy childhood for us - FCO has run it's course.

Nearly three and a half years - it has been a long time. Many people started and finished high school, completed their armed service, joined, left their mark on, and quit FCO or CN, or even changed genders - when JJ45/Adolf45 was seen turn into what is known as Aurora now - during the existence of FCO. I can't say that I'd ever forget spending all those moments together with the rest of FCO - it will remain as it's own era in my life, despite that I'll probably never be as involved with the community as I used to be.

Rest in peace, Suomalainen yhteistyöjärjestö.

Love,
Aurora

[quote name='Bekloppt' date='28 May 2010 - 01:54 PM' timestamp='1275051232' post='2314528']
"I wanted to invite you to an [b]alliance similar to FCO.[/b] Our name is The Phoenix Federation and [b]several FCO members will be joining us[/b], so I hope you do too."
[/quote]

/me giggles

[quote name='M6 Redneck']I echo the sadness, only because little FOK gains from it.

\M/6

o/ the decline of the stickmen[/quote]

A true gentleman! I hope we had more posters like you, eloquent, classy, and in the know. I applaude thee.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/prettycooleh/kaneclap.gif[/img]

Edited by Iosif Moldov

[quote name='Bekloppt' date='28 May 2010 - 07:54 AM' timestamp='1275051232' post='2314528']
As far as I know, no one has joined you. Nice try TPF.

Thanks everyone, it's really great to see people missing FCO :wub:
[/quote]

Dami joined and another nation said he will consider it. It is simply an invitation I am sure some will appreciate it, some wont. :P

Anyway, its a shame to see this alliance disband, I never knew you well but you seemed cool. You will be missed. :)

Edited by Robster83

[quote name='Robster83' date='29 May 2010 - 03:48 PM' timestamp='1275144466' post='2315551']
Dami joined and another nation said he will consider it. It is simply an invitation I am sure some will appreciate it, some wont. :P

Anyway, its a shame to see this alliance disband, I never knew you well but you seemed cool. You will be missed. :)
[/quote]

You know you are recruiting from an iFOK protected AA right? This also goes to other alliances. Stop trying to vulture of FCO.