Yeah this announcement pretty much sucks

It was fun while it lasted. FCO was one heck of a mess throughout it's brief (though in CN terms it was quite an old alliance) existance but still managed to survive all the conflicts we got into. That's why I'm very proud of all of us who played our small part in keeping this bunch together.

I'm also guessing that this won't be the last finnish alliance on Bob, don't know why but I've just got the feeling. I also guess it's got something to do with Moldov rerolling.

Edited by Takku

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Kryievla' date='27 May 2010 - 07:44 AM' timestamp='1274971443' post='2313511']
I am sorry to see this go. You guys sounded like you were always having fun, hope you guys find homes that give you similar levels of kinship & good times :) Good luck out there.
[/quote]

[img]http://www.tvparty.com/vgifs13/jjgoodtimes.jpg[/img]

Seriously.. this sucks and I hope everyone finds homes they can enjoy.

oo/

Also, hello Elusive Kry.. hope you get a bit more "active" soon :P

It's always sad to see an alliance disband. Although we've found ourselves on different sides through the whole purple debacle, I appreciated how you carried yourselves.

Good luck moving forward and I hope you all find good homes.

FCO was just about the only reason I played this game for so long (let's face it, I pretty much lost my interest to the game already after a few months of playing back in '07). It was just so awesome to have an alliance which consisted solely from Finns. The community was great in many other ways as well, even if I sometimes didn't really get along with a few guys. But most of the time everyone was friendly and understood each others' views on things and stuff. In my two years and seven months of consistent membership (started in late March '07, ended in early November '09), I pretty much grew into the alliance and enjoyed when I was given some responsibility. And everything seemed to run so smoothly!

Yet, thinking of it now, there were already some major signs of trouble when I first resigned from the alliance (and quit the game as well), even if the alliance still seemed to do OK. But I personally failed to recognize those signs back then, because I was more worrying about some of my foolish acts and the critique I faced from them (which were my actual reason of resignation). In March I returned, more because of the community than because of the game. But everything had changed; most key figures had either left the alliance of quit the whole game, membership had shrunk to about half of what it was back when I left the alliance, only a few members visited the forums anymore (and even fewer posted something sensible enough outside the usual spam) and almost no-one seemed to have the energy to do something for the alliance. Those who tried to save he alliance either noticed the hopelessness of such action or were just too few in numbers to have any real effect (including myself). A sad end for once such a great alliance.

If there's something that I regret from my time in the alliance, it must be that I started showing interest in working for the alliance too late, and once I got the top-level jobs I eventually did too little work to be worthy of the post. This year, I finally really wanted to something, but unfortunately I came in too late. The downfall was already well underway.

This message is also a goodbye to all of my former alliance comrades. I won't continue CN now that there's no FCO anymore. I may still visit the IRC channel every once in a while (and continue playing other browser games where there are FCOers), but I won't ever return back to CN again. Yes, I know that I already promised that last year, but now I'm serious. There's no home to return anymore. Only if there were to be a new Finnish alliance I would return, but I don't think it will ever happen. But if it will, give me a call.

Goodbye, mates.

[quote name='Michael von Prussia' date='27 May 2010 - 07:05 AM' timestamp='1274969132' post='2313486']
This saddens me. My distinct lack of Finnish-language skills was the only thing that kept me from joining FCO several times.[/quote]

Same here, at least when I came back to the game in late '08. You'd figure a guy with a Finnish ruler name would be able to speak the language, but [OOC]I'm only part-Finnish myself and I was born and raised in Canada.[/OOC] Anyway, paljon onnea (good luck) wherever you guys end up.

I think anyone who speaks Finnish would agree when I say, "tämä haisee!" :( ("This stinks" for anyone who doesn't.) The Uralican flag will fly at half-mast for a week to pay homage to the FCO.

o/ FCO

Edited by Uralica

[quote name='King Nupe' date='27 May 2010 - 02:13 PM' timestamp='1274984021' post='2313695']Only if there were to be a new Finnish alliance I would return, but I don't think it will ever happen.[/quote]

There may not be an exclusively Finnish alliance, but there are plenty of alliances out there with large Finnish contingents.

The ongoing joke in NoR about 'Finnreich' is actually not a joke at all. I'm sure other alliances have equally visible and active Finnish 'minorities' who would be pleased to have you among their number.

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' date='27 May 2010 - 08:42 PM' timestamp='1274989341' post='2313763']
There may not be an exclusively Finnish alliance, but there are plenty of alliances out there with large Finnish contingents.

The ongoing joke in NoR about 'Finnreich' is actually not a joke at all. I'm sure other alliances have equally visible and active Finnish 'minorities' who would be pleased to have you among their number.
[/quote]

What he said, pretty much. At least iFOK, TOP and indeed Nordreich at the moment have notable amounts of Finns with their roots in FCO, and the CN incarnation of our community is alive in these alliances pretty strongly, from what I've heard.

But anyways, I really do appreciate the comments, folks. I mean, really. It's great to hear we the ex-members are not the only ones who are always ready to embrace some FCO love. <3

Edited by Iosif Moldov

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' date='27 May 2010 - 09:42 PM' timestamp='1274989341' post='2313763']

[/quote]
Yes, I'm aware that there are many alliances that have my old friends as members, and I've already been asked to join them a couple of times. But it's not just that I want to be with Finns. It's a bit difficult to explain why I'm not continuing. Being in the same alliance for roughly three years really made me to get stuck in it. Learning the ways of another alliance and to know completely new persons would be a difficult task now, especially because I was never active on the foreign affairs front (as you can see from my post count here). I could still join another alliance, but even despite having some familiar faces around me I'd probably be quite inactive, as I wouldn't have the same touch of things that I had in FCO. That, and the fact that I've completely lost interest to the game.

[quote name='flak attack' date='27 May 2010 - 04:36 PM' timestamp='1274992594' post='2313804']
This announcement pretty much sucks
[/quote]

Agreed. FCO has been a fixture around here for so long and I know how much it sucks to close the door on something you put a lot of work into. It looks like you are dispersing into good alliances though so I am happy for that at least.

This announcement is awful news. FCO was a great alliance. I have had nothing but the utmost respect for you ever since you stood with NoV, despite the price you knew you would pay. May all former members find good homes.