The Romonov Foundation

Kevin Kingswell

OOC: I am dropping all claims to The Imperium I don't care what happens to it.

[IMG]http://i858.photobucket.com/albums/ab144/killerkevz666/RomonovFoundation-1.png[/IMG]
[img]http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/object3/1455/94/n73067538642_2564.jpg[/img]

Name: Romonov Foundation
Population: 124,000 citzens.
Government: Elected Council.

History:

The Romonov Foundation was formed by a rough coalition of scientists and engineers who were fed up with the rules and regulations of their parent nations. These people used what limited resources they had to construct a home in the frigid barren wastes of the Antarctica where they would hopefully be safe from the prying eyes of anyone hunting for them.

Of course these men and women had their own families who accompanied them and from these families even more grew until a stable and functioning population was spread across a distance. First towns and then small cities sprouted up across the territory that the Romonov Foundation controlled. Protected against the harsh conditions life was comfortable if not extravagant.

It was about this time that a number of ex-military personal stepped forward and suggested that a military force be created in case of attack. Normally they would have been turned down but the violence that had been witnessed across the globe reinforced the point and some resources were devoted to military production to allow for production of a military force.

As of now the Romonov Foundation focuses on scientific advancements in the hopes of continuing the work they love whilst also helping to make the world a better place. The small military they keep continues to protect the Foundation from any that would threaten them.

Military:

Ground:

20,000 Soldiers.

250 BMP-3 Armoured Fighting Vehicles.

200 ZSU-23-4 Anti-Aircraft Vehicles.

200 S-300 Surface to Air Missile Launchers.

Edited by Kevin Kingswell

The Union of Arctica wishes to inquire what kind of scientific endeavors are being done by the Foundation, and what its attitude is toward selling new technologies or accepting contracts to develop new things.

"So Gentlemen what is it you have for me?" asked Lady Reese with a smile as the scientists in the room turned away from their work. "Ahhh Lady Reese it is great to see you again and to answer you question. Yes we sort of have something for you" replied Doctor Yusef whilst pushing his glasses back up to the bridge of his nose in a very arrogant way. Turning around he pointed a hand to the plans that were laid out on the center table.

Curious Lady Reese Romonov walked over to the center table her skirt gliding over her pale legs catching the eyes of a number of the scientists. Leaning over the edge of the table which she gripped in her hands she scanned her eyes over the plans that lay before her. Giving herself a few seconds to take in the plans she leaned back and ran a hand through her hair.

"I see so Doctor Yusef what is it I am looking at?" she asked with a shrug. "Its a Satellite" replied Yusef with a smirk. "I can see that you fool but what does it do?" said Lady Reese with an angry look causing the Doctor to throw up his hands in mock fear. "Calm down my dear this Satellite is intended to test a number of experimental technologies that we have been throwing together. These include attitude and orbit control systems, high torque reaction wheels, a new reaction control system with optimized thrusters and a single propellant tank among other things".

"Hmm thats all very impressive and all but just how do you intend to launch the Satellite when we have no launch platform?" spoke Reese placing her hands on her hips and blewing out an annoyed breath. "Oh thats nothing but a minor problem my Lady we can have the engineers design one later" said the Doctor watching as Lady Reese almost stumbled in shock. Instead of trying to argue the point Lady Reese just told the scientists to continue with their work and left the room.

[quote name='Vedran' date='25 May 2010 - 10:25 PM' timestamp='1274844287' post='2312017']
The Union of Arctica wishes to inquire what kind of scientific endeavors are being done by the Foundation, and what its attitude is toward selling new technologies or accepting contracts to develop new things.
[/quote]

"The Romonov Foundation continues to design, test and produce devices and technology that will benefit humanity. This includes but is not limited to Power Production, Space Technology and Biological Growth Programs. Whilst the Foundation has designed and produced a number of military vehicles and equipment we refuse to accept military contracts".

"We are also willing to sell any efficent and workable technology to any nation that wishes to buy them as long as they promise to not use said technology for military purposes. We are also willing to accept contracts for developing new technology as long as it is not for military purposes".

"So how much funding are you asking for exactly and do not mess around with me here. You understand?" spoke Lady Reese from behind her desk, her carefully maintained hands resting on the pine wood. "Uh I understand my Lady and the total funds required on on this disk here along with the design plans" replied the engineer nervousally as he handed over the disk. It was just his luck he thought to have caught Lady Romonov on a bad day and as he stepped back he prayed silently that she didn't fire him.

Turning away from the engineer Lady Reese inserted the disk into her computer and opened the files she needed to view. The funding as she had expected to be was higher than normal for most projects, though she doubted that it was this engineer's fault after all he was just the messenger. Next she opened the design plans and spent the next twenty minutes looking them over whilst making the odd written note in her notepad. Eventually she shut down the files and ejected the desk before handing it back to the engineer.

"After a careful look I have decided to allow the construction of the [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DSV_Alvin"]Alvin project[/url] however, I expect complete detailed reports everyday on it's progress understood?" said Lady Reese. The engineer managed to not stumble over himself as he nodded his head, took the disk and said that he understood. Reese watched the unfortunate man make his exit and made sure to write out a note detailing that he be given some time off work.

Edited by Kevin Kingswell

[quote name='Fizzydog' date='27 May 2010 - 06:52 PM' timestamp='1275004309' post='2313999']
UI welcomes this new home adn wonders if it would allow non military science to be shared with UI. We could always help with your reseach.
[/quote]

"The United Isocoles are welcome to assist our research teams and we will allow some of our developments and prototypes to be shared without cost however, some of the more complex developments may have to come at a cost due to the difficulties in manufacture or transport".