Union of Rus

Karl Martin

Formation of the Union of Rus

With the acception of independence from PEPTO and the Slavic Federation, the Union of Rus has been born.

[center][img]http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/9607/protosnor.png[/img]
[i]Flag of the Union of Rus[/i][/center]

Belaya Rus has a near majority in the congress, so it remains to be seen what the policy of the Union will be.

Edited by Karl Martin

The National Census of Rus has been taken. Here are the majority group within the Union.

[img]http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/4268/ruscensus.png[/img]

White: Belarusian
Grey: German
Green: Eastern Ukrainian (Russian-speaking)
Red: Western Ukrainian (Ukrainian-speaking)
Blue: Rusyn
Light Green: Belarusian + Eastern Ukrainian
Light Red: Belarusian + Western Ukrainian

Many would be surprised by the division of ethnic groups. The governmen has done research into this situation, and issued a report:

The former Slavic Union was complex in how it used Slavic nationalism to attempt unification of Belarus and Ukraine. The advocation of mixing had lead many Ukrainians to move north, leaving to the mixed area in southern Belarus. The culture of Ruthenia had spread north, back toward to heartland. At the same time, the Slavic Union was unable to fuse the eastern/western divide of the Ukrainians themselves.

The Russian-speaking part of modern Ukraine was not, historically, part of Ukraine, but a later addition tacked on during the Russian Empire. This East/West split runs through linguistic, cultural, religious and historical differnces. The Pan-Slavism of the Slavic Union paradoxically made this split greater, forming two separate apheres which look at each other as different nations. Uniate vs Orthodox, Ukraine vs Russian, these differences cannnot be merged without massive changes which would radically shift the identity of the people. At the same time, the Rusyns of Carpatho-Ruthenia have resurrected their own identity.

Finally, the Germans have come into the picture following the refugee floods that resulted from the current Russo-German War. Since the Slavic Union collapsed at the time, there was no border controls to stop the people. At the same time, northwestern Belarus was very underpopulated, and so there were no backlash against the Germanization of western Belarus up to Minsk.

"The fact that there is belief that an election fraud occurred, might be one of the causes, but besides that we're sure that the Slavic Federation's undying support for Belorussian independence and I'm sure for whatever regime comes to power will be one of prosperity. But please, don't question other nation's motives when your own are only slightly above abysmal."
-Therese Zelle

[quote name='Sarah Tintagyl' date='25 May 2010 - 09:45 PM' timestamp='1274820296' post='2311571']
"The fact that there is belief that an election fraud occurred, might be one of the causes, but besides that we're sure that the Slavic Federation's undying support for Belorussian independence and I'm sure for whatever regime comes to power will be one of prosperity. But please, don't question other nation's motives when your own are only slightly above abysmal."
-Therese Zelle
[/quote]

"We seek only to ensure the sovereignty and self-governance of the Belorussian people. How is that an abysmal motive? And how can you judge after invading a nation to 'guide' them?"

-His Imperial Highness James II, Emperor of the Slavic Federation, King of Caucasia, Chief Priest, Imperator of the Slavic Armed Forces, Imperium Maius, First Man of the Senate, and Imperial Censor of the State

[quote name='Drakedeath' date='25 May 2010 - 09:57 PM' timestamp='1274821048' post='2311582']
"We seek only to ensure the sovereignty and self-governance of the Belorussian people. How is that an abysmal motive? And how can you judge after invading a nation to 'guide' them?"

-His Imperial Highness James II, Emperor of the Slavic Federation, King of Caucasia, Chief Priest, Imperator of the Slavic Armed Forces, Imperium Maius, First Man of the Senate, and Imperial Censor of the State
[/quote]

"Oh I understand perfectly the actions of my regime. I personally regard Belarus as a Slavic puppet state just as I'm sure you do Galicia as a French puppet state. Just different ways going about guiding the marionette. From one imperialist to another, bravo."

[quote name='Sarah Tintagyl' date='25 May 2010 - 10:02 PM' timestamp='1274821308' post='2311584']
"Oh I understand perfectly the actions of my regime. I personally regard Belarus as a Slavic puppet state just as I'm sure you do Galicia as a French puppet state. Just different ways going about guiding the marionette. From one imperialist to another, bravo."
[/quote]

"Rus is no puppet state; if it were, we'd have either established a political party that supported the Slavic Federation, or put in a monarch who favored us. We did neither, and and had naught to do with their formation beyond agreeing to their independence."

"The Emperor of the Slavic Federation is correct, there is no proof that they have attempted to interfere with the Union of Rus unlike you French who have conquered a nation through force whilst trying to announce the fact that you did it to help them. It is a shame you French are unable to man up to your actions and admit your true reasons but what more can we expect".

"On that note I would just like to inform you French that all Imperium waters, airspace and land is off limits to all French citizens any attempt to enter them will be met with deadly force".

"As to the Union of Rus we welcome you to the world and if you should ever find yourselves in Asia please do stop by"

Foreign affairs minister John Black of The Imperium.

"The Athenian Federation will recognize the Union of Rus however immediately announce it's intent to block all potential diplomatic communications for an undefined period of time. We will keep our motives to ourselves for now."

Formation of Government

The new government of the Union of Rus has been swearn in. The President is Alexander Grigoryevich Lukashenko and the Prime Minister is Alaksej Janukevich.

[img]http://www.elpais.com/recorte/20080930elpepiint_6/LCO340/Ies/Alexander_Lukashenko.jpg[/img]

Alexander Grigoryevich Lukashenko

[img]http://www.thelibertyball.com/images/Janukievic_crop_sq.jpg[/img]

Alaksej Janukevich

The government was the result of an uneasy alliance between Belaya Rus and Partyja BPF. The two parties disagree on whether the Union should join Slavorussia, but decided that AHPB was a greater threat. The president told the press that "We might have some disagreements, but in essense we are similar. We shall open a [i]new[/i] era for the [i]Slavic[/i] people as a whole."

SIC:

[quote]To: Alexander Grigoryevich Lukashenko

My dear friend,

First, I would like to congratulate you on your recently declared independence. The Slavic Federation stands by you, for we believe freedom is a god given right to every nation in the civilized world. As part of our congratulations, we wish to invite you to the Slavic Federation. We believe both of our nations could have a long meaningful relationship, and we wish to explore all options between us.

Signed,
Alec Pradeux[/quote]

Private:

Somewhere in the world, Uberstein sees Lukashenko's image in a newspaper. One name comes to mind, and with a mighty yell and a shaking of his fist towards the heavens, he stands up and yells, "DAMN YOU POCHENKOOOOOOO!"

He is soon informed that the man in question only looks like his dead semi-arch-nemesis, and is actually somebody completely different. He sits back down to enjoy his sandwich and tea.

Public:
The Republic of Finland questions the claim of Election Fraud, as the 4th Airborne Division was present at the elections and noticed nothing suspicious.

The congress, in their first session, voted upon having all foreign forces be removed from the Union. The AHPB attempted to block the move, but the government parties were able to easily override all opposition. A speech was given by President Lukashenko when the bill was passed.

"Our so called leaders of the Slavic Union prostituted us to the West... destroyed our culture... our economies... our honor. Our blood had been spilled on our soil. Our blood... on their hands. They are the invaders. All PEPTO and Slavic Federation forces will leave Rus immediately... or suffer the consequences."

In addition, it has been decided that the Union airspace will be closed to all planes without permission indefinitely until further notice.

After the speech....

-Reply to Alec Pradeux-

In hope that my speech did not anger the Slavic Federation, for it was for propaganda purposes. I wish to visit you shortly, and discuss how we can build up relations while I deal with the nationalist Partyja BPF.

Yours,

Alexander Grigoryevich Lukashenko

Edited by Karl Martin

Congress formation

The Congress of the Union of Rus has been formally established. It is the bicameral parliament that made up of two chambers:

Council of the Union- The upper house
House of Representatives- The lower house

While each chamber has specific duties they have been charged to enforce, both chambers have the ability to veto local laws that deviate from the Constitution of Rus.

The chambers of the Congress are convened to two regular sessions every year: the first session opens October 2 and its duration cannot be more than 80 days; the second session opens April 2 and does not last more than 90 days.

In extraordinary cases and following a decree of the President of the Union of Rus, the House of Representatives and the Council of the Union may be convened to an extraordinary session. Extraordinary sessions are convened under a particular agenda upon an initiative of the President of the country or upon a request of at least two-thirds majority of the full membership of each of the chambers.

Any bill must be initially considered in the House of Representatives and then in the Council of the Union. According to the constitution, any bill that impacts the budget must be approved by the president or the government before being voted on.

The Speaker of the Council of the Union is Georgiy Mikhailovich Romanov-Gogenzollernov (English: George Mikhailovich Romanov-Hohenzollern)

[img]http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/3103/gdgeorgeromanoveagles.jpg[/img]

-Message to Germany-

We wish to ask if Germany is willing to give us some land which as Slavic people on it.

[img]http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/6916/rusexpansion.png[/img]

(The Area of Dark Green)

As we know, there had been a [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=82515"]plebiscite of whether to leave Germany in the past[/url], yet, the land had never been transfered. Therefore, we desire to set things right, and have your Slavs join us.

We await your reply.

-New Law from Senate-

The National Unity Law

1. The capital of the Union of Rus shall be Polotsk, where Belarus originally came from.

2. The state religion will be Orthodox. All Uniate and Nordig Pagenism shall be banned and related buildings closed down

3. The sole language shall be Belarusian.

4. Only one ethnic groups is recognized: Belarusian.