Nation Strength Difference Too Much for War

The Director

First off, I apologize if I am posting this in the wrong place. Yesterday, war was declared upon my nation, Vespucci (nation leader: The Director). After 2 ground assaults yesterday, 2 today, and 2 bombing attacks, my nation strength is 5428.394. The current nation strength of the attacking nation is 11962.563. Shouldn't this nation (Goldstein) be too strong to attack me?

Sincerely,
The Director

Edited by The Director

[quote name='The Director' date='25 May 2010 - 07:59 AM' timestamp='1274767150' post='2311066']
First off, I apologize if I am posting this in the wrong place. Yesterday, war was declared upon my nation, Vespucci (nation leader: The Director). After 2 ground assaults yesterday, 2 today, and 2 bombing attacks, my nation strength is 5428.394. The current nation strength of the attacking nation is 11962.563. Shouldn't this nation (Goldstein) be too strong to attack me?

Sincerely,
The Director
[/quote]

NS is a factor only prior to declaration. After a war declaration is made, a nation can continue to be attacked up until war expiration. Otherwise, all a nation would have to do to prevent being attacked is sell off infra/land, decom military, etc. This would make wars pointless.

For the above stated reasons, and that many players declare war and then increase their nation strength buy purchasing additional military you may often see nations fighting each other with NS differences outside the declaration ranges. Also note that the declaration ranges are 75% - 133% ration of your strength range or within [b]250+/250-[/b] rankings based on strength. Not a bug, closing.