TCU Cancellation

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='James Maximus' date='25 May 2010 - 12:46 AM' timestamp='1274766395' post='2311055']
Congrats TCU. At least we know you guys aren't pulled by strings. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Whatever James <_<

I'll say nothing more, let's just have a staring contest.

[quote name='Barix9' date='25 May 2010 - 12:25 AM' timestamp='1274765112' post='2311040']
Absolutely not, while we were dissapointed that they were not joining Sirius, the decision to leave Valor was already being talked over between our government before we knew about UINES decision to back out of Sirius, and ARES choice not to join.
[/quote]

Wait you're upset that they didn't join an ODAP bloc? That's kind of a dumb reason to cancel. It's an ODAP bloc!

[quote name='Barix9' date='25 May 2010 - 10:14 PM' timestamp='1274843628' post='2311998']
Please re read it FATP, You will see that it says that's NOT the reason we cancelled.
[/quote]

Ideals of what? UINE and ARES haven't changed. TCU is now politically weaker because you have a redundant ODAP bloc with two MDoAP partners. I mean what other reason would you have to pull out other than ARES and UINE not wanting to join Sirius?

[quote name='Fireandthepassion' date='25 May 2010 - 10:28 PM' timestamp='1274844488' post='2312024']
Ideals of what? UINE and ARES haven't changed. TCU is now politically weaker because you have a redundant ODAP bloc with two MDoAP partners. I mean what other reason would you have to pull out other than ARES and UINE not wanting to join Sirius?
[/quote]
Maybe it was because they were being (insert 4 letter word’s here)?

Yea I’m going to have to go with that one.

[quote name='Master-Debater' date='25 May 2010 - 09:05 PM' timestamp='1274846721' post='2312087']
Maybe it was because they were being (insert 4 letter word’s here)?

Yea I’m going to have to go with that one.
[/quote]

What exactly did they do to make them (four letter word here)? :P

[quote name='Fireandthepassion' date='25 May 2010 - 10:28 PM' timestamp='1274844488' post='2312024']
[/quote]

Perhaps you should read the op instead of wasting my time.

Edit: Actually, since you're lazy, let me re-iterate what I've said multiple times. TCU, UINE and ARES are no longer on the same page diplomatically, Valors internal relations were lower than ever, with very little communication about the bloc itself. on top of that, when TCU brought up concerns about the direction of the bloc. we were told "The Bloc's fine, there's nothing wrong" When we feel there is an issue, and are dismissed so blatantly, its time to think of different avenues for friendship.

Edited by Barix9

[quote name='Louis Balfour' date='25 May 2010 - 11:36 PM' timestamp='1274844959' post='2312040']
[b]Y'all spelt 'Valour' wrong.
[/b]
Sorry to see allies part ways. Best of luck to you all
[/quote]

That's how you're supposed to spell it in American English.

Edited by Chet Ubetcha

[quote=barix]Edit: Actually, since you're lazy, let me re-iterate what I've said multiple times. TCU, UINE and ARES are no longer on the same page diplomatically, Valors internal relations were lower than ever, with very little communication about the bloc itself. on top of that, when TCU brought up concerns about the direction of the bloc. we were told "The Bloc's fine, there's nothing wrong" When we feel there is an issue, and are dismissed so blatantly, its time to think of different avenues for friendship. [/quote]

Well here we go, if Barix9 is going to state his public opinion then I'll have to explain mine... when Keve and I (granted leader of UINE and MoFA of ARES) stated that Valor was fine, that was because were fine, stable politically, as brothers. ARES and UINE didn't change up to the point of TCU leaving, literally NO treaties were added since Valor was created (for ARES at least), and sorry we didn't feel that a blue bloc would be good for us (plus were seriously considering joining the pink/purple sphere).

There was nothing going on in CN, none of our allies were at war, and we were not going to be in a state of war anytime soon...So what I don't understand is how they took 'everything is fine' as an insult to their alliance. Everyone in our alliances never had to worry about the Valor accords because we were that close (well we believed we were that close, though Keve and I were proved wrong seeing as Cato and Barix were so quick to cancel on us, a treaty that was based on brethren). Barix nor Cato ever brought up any issues to the bloc because if they did have any issues other then 'is the bloc really fine???' then we would take them seriously... Cato, Keve, and I are always there to talk to, whenever anyone needs us, just because we were actually [u]doing fine[/u] we didn't need to speak 24/7...

tl;dr- Lol Barix
no were not really joining pink/purple *Darn it!*

Edited by Jtkode

[quote]Well here we go, if Barix9 is going to state his public opinion then I'll have to explain mine...[/quote]

First off. I didnt post an opinion. I posted the facts that are the basis for this shindig.

[quote]when Keve and I (granted leader of UINE and MoFA of ARES) stated that Valor was fine, that was because were fine, stable politically, as brothers[/quote]

This is exactly the additude we encountered every time we brought up an issue. "Its fine, because I say it is" TCU had legitamate arguments that were ignored at every turn.

[quote]There was nothing going on in CN, none of our allies were at war, and we were not going to be in a state of war anytime soon...So what I don't understand is how they took 'everything is fine' as an insult to their alliance[/quote]

You flat out ignored the fact that TCU saw things which we thought were not up to par, when we mentioned it we were told, that we were wrong, that is not brotherhood.

[quote]Everyone in our alliances never had to worry about the Valor accords because we were that close (well we believed we were that close, though Keve and I were proved wrong seeing as Cato and Barix were so quick to cancel on us, a treaty that was based on brethren).[/quote]

1) we took weeks to come to this decision. 2) When you say we're close, I laugh, considering for the most part there were 4-5 people at the most intermingling between our alliances at a comon basis. When Valor was formed, Yes, it was close, not so much at the end. Aside, from me, cato, keve, and Cao, as far as I know there was no large scale descussion.

[quote]Barix nor Cato ever brought up any issues to the bloc because if they did have any issues other then 'is the bloc really fine???' then we would take them seriously... Cato, Keve, and I are always there to talk to, whenever anyone needs us, just because we were actually [u]doing fine[/u] we didn't need to speak 24/7...[/quote]

Oh you are just full of !@#$ today aren't you. You've gone from denying there was a problem, to denying we've gone to valor with the problems we saw, and my response is the same, Just because you chose not to listen does not make the issue go away.

[quote]tl;dr- Lol Barix
no were not really joining pink/purple *Darn it!*[/quote]

and Finally. I would like to point out, that you can cry about it all you want, try and hide the facts, and deny all liability, but the fact remains. We chose to leave, because we felt it was needed. As a soverign alliance it is our right. Nothing you say, and no amount of denial can take that away from us.

Oh dear, it's on! [img]http://www.toontastic.net/board/style_emoticons/default/handbags.gif[/img]

I've always quite liked ARES, TCU & UINE, tis a shame to see things go this way between you guys.

Edited by Mayzie

Barix, you claim ARES is hiding "the facts," but you haven't stated any of your complaints. So far as I can tell, the only thing that changed (according to you) is that there's fewer people on IRC, which is not really a valid cause for cancellation between brothers.

I know most people don't feel like airing dirty laundry for the world to see when they cancel treaties, and that's perfectly understandable, but if you're going to try to tarnish ARES' and UINE's reputations by saying they're not good allies, you should at least give a reason.

Edited by Mathias

[quote name='Mathias' date='26 May 2010 - 05:46 AM' timestamp='1274870761' post='2312259']
Barix, you claim ARES is hiding "the facts," but you haven't stated any of your complaints. So far as I can tell, the only thing that changed (according to you) is that there's fewer people on IRC, which is not really a valid cause for cancellation between brothers.

I know most people don't feel like airing dirty laundry for the world to see when they cancel treaties, and that's perfectly understandable, but if you're going to try to tarnish ARES' and UINE's reputations by saying they're not good allies, you should at least give a reason.
[/quote]

You're right, I am not willing to air dirty laundry. You have nothing to do with the treaty cancellation, and I owe you no explanation. Though I would say I've provided plenty of them throughout the course of this forum. If you are not satisfied with what you see here, then I guess you'll have to get over it.

"Not Really a valid cause for cancellation" - As I stated to Jtkode, TCU is a soverign, and seperate entity. Any decision we make reguarding our FA is a "Valid Cause" Just because you dissagree means nothing tbh.

[quote name='Barix9' date='26 May 2010 - 05:21 AM' timestamp='1274862083' post='2312224']
"Its fine, because I say it is"
[/quote]

[quote name='Barix9' date='26 May 2010 - 02:40 PM' timestamp='1274895618' post='2312473']
"Not Really a valid cause for cancellation" - As I stated to Jtkode, TCU is a soverign, and seperate entity. Any decision we make reguarding our FA is a "Valid Cause" Just because you dissagree means nothing tbh.
[/quote]

So one of your complaints was that they do the same thing you do?

[quote name='Felix von Agnu' date='26 May 2010 - 08:16 AM' timestamp='1274876173' post='2312285']
It looks like this cancellation ended up working well for both parties.
[/quote]

Some divorces are happy occasions...or at least rather justified.

Good luck to all concerned.

[quote name='DarkEra97' date='26 May 2010 - 06:36 PM' timestamp='1274916960' post='2312752']
So one of your complaints was that they do the same thing you do?
[/quote]

So, you're saying, that being a soverign alliance, and not bending to outside political views, and ignoring your allies are the same thing?

Interesting.

Honestly, I applaud your attempts at whitty remarks, and semi-thought out comments, even if you have failed at them time and time again. Good show.

Edited by Barix9