The Panama Conference

Bull Run

[img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2656/4219902840_938db1bd40.jpg[/img]

In the cover of night several Red Air Force aircraft take off from a snow-coated runway deep inside Kamchatka territory. KSSR representatives departed for a meeting with the H.A.E. heads of government in Panama, Holy American Empire. The resulting situation of postwar America had become one of the main concerns of the KSSR & would at once be addressed with the Southern Americans.

5 Red fighter jets would accompany the diplomatic aircraft's journey over the Pacific. They had been warned that the North American Warmongers had Pacific stations on guard to unlease their vicious pilots on any aircraft in the area. The pilots were apprehensive but disciplined & on careful alert for the presence of any "Barbarian" forces, as most North Americans were refered, namely the U.S.

The conference would be discussing America's postwar condition, the troubling rearangement of American power centralization, the remaining prevalence of North American aggression, as well as to establish an agenda for leading post-war America to counter the strengthening leverage of United States.

Edited by Bull Run

The received guests were ushered into a room where an appropriately accredited offical was awaiting; specifically, first Consul of the Empire David Martinez. He was the equivalent of a Prime Minister in Monarchies; those whom retained power in the royalty.

"What can I do for you?"

For such a large transport, the diplomatic team was small & included no important names. Clearly they were disposable & of little interest to any hostile nation. They where largely built figures with hard faces; each with a unique, but always penetrating glare. They were handpicked for their image, to present the KSSR in a powerful light; a force to be rekoned with perhaps, but at the same time the complexitiy revealed how serious they were regarding this meeting.

The men shifted uneasily as they removed their heavy coats, clearly unprepared for the hot climate. When all where settled one stepped forward to address David Martinez. Mikael Nusichov saluted David & began [i]"We wish to address, the condition of the Americas at present as well as the future of the continent in which we hold much interest as well as the relations between our two countries."[/i] His eyes shifted, [i]"Perhaps in a more secure location we could..eh..continue our discussion yes?"[/i]

Martinez eyed the apparent leader with a degree of curiosity. "This room is as secure as we can make it, aside from a half-day trip into one of the Sub-Urbs of the Imperium; that is, the Subterranean Urban areas. This room is one gigantic Faraday cage with soundproof walls and guards posted outside. Unless you brought devices with you, there is no listening ears within this room."

The man eyed the room, then nodded. [i]"Of course. Then let us begin."[/i] At that point the remaining officials revealed manila folders & papers while Mikael sorted through them. Looking up at Martinez, he straightened & began again, [i]"The KSSR has watched with growing concern the rearrangement of power in America following the recent conflict. The rise of the United States of America as the dominant power in America is filling the power vaccuum through force & manipulation where we once hoped to see positive change. One tyranny has been replaced for another & we believe it necessary, not only for Americans, but all nations with relations in the Americas to balance the leverage of power. We believe the H.A.E. best fit to lead the American continent & before I go any further I offer an embassy exchange between our two nations."[/i]

Edited by Bull Run

"An embassy is a practical necessity for any kind of agreement to come out of this meeting. The proper arrangements have been made." Martinez opened a file on his desk and withdrew a series of papers. "This is the directions and basic information of the embassy building you will be occupying. Arrangements for transportation have been made, pending assigned ambassadors."

Continuing, Martinez withdrew a few papers with notes scrawled in the margins. "We have of course been watching the United States grow with a bit of alarm. However, Holy America is not prepared at this moment to interfere significantly in North America; our policies are focused inward at the moment. I believe the term is 'Modified Isolationism.'

"However, we cannot simply ignore the wolf baying at the door because it sounds unattractive. The Emperor has authorized me to inform you that we are drawing plans and taking measures to prepare for any sort of aggression on their part. Hopefully enough of the micro-nations in North America will realize we mean business, and align themselves with us."