DOE - New Christian Order

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting move, Key. Hopefully you'll have better fortunes than the usual start-up....

I find it interesting that themed alliances can be about Mario Bros, Samurai, Star Wars, Germany, North Korea or all sorts of potentially OOC entities and no one raises an eyebrow - but bring in a Christian perspective and let the snarkiness begin...

Anyway, my old 'foe' - may good fortunes follow your venture. We'll send over a diplomatic liaison.

namaste,
SWK

[quote name='Sun WuKong' date='23 May 2010 - 02:56 PM' timestamp='1274640997' post='2309272']
Interesting move, Key. Hopefully you'll have better fortunes than the usual start-up....

I find it interesting that themed alliances can be about Mario Bros, Samurai, Star Wars, Germany, North Korea or all sorts of potentially OOC entities and no one raises an eyebrow - but bring in a Christian perspective and let the snarkiness begin...

Anyway, my old 'foe' - may good fortunes follow your venture. We'll send over a diplomatic liaison.

namaste,
SWK
[/quote]

"Hide me from the conspiracy of the wicked, from that noisy crowd of evildoers. They sharpen their tongues like swords and aim their words like deadly arrows. They shoot from ambush at the innocent man; they shoot at him suddenly, without fear." - Psalm 64:2-4

[quote name='Hadrian' date='23 May 2010 - 03:29 AM' timestamp='1274610564' post='2308966']
I want to see CCC vs NCO next month.
[/quote]

Won't happen. :P As an ex-CCCer myself, I'll raise a real ruckus if it does :ph34r:

[quote name='Sun WuKong' date='23 May 2010 - 11:56 AM' timestamp='1274640997' post='2309272']

I find it interesting that themed alliances can be about Mario Bros, Samurai, [b]Star Wars[/b], Germany, North Korea or all sorts of potentially OOC entities and no one raises an eyebrow - but bring in a Christian perspective and let the snarkiness begin...[/quote]

As a founder of a Jedi alliance, I can assure you that avoiding snarkiness is not guaranteed.

[quote name='William Blake' date='23 May 2010 - 01:46 PM' timestamp='1274640400' post='2309262']
Good luck, Keystroke.
[/quote]

[quote name='Sun WuKong' date='23 May 2010 - 01:56 PM' timestamp='1274640997' post='2309272']

namaste,
SWK
[/quote]

Thanks for all the well-wishes.

[quote name='Erich Ludendorff' date='23 May 2010 - 12:54 PM' timestamp='1274633662' post='2309171']
[ooc]It's been determined that since Christianity exists as a choosable religion in-game, that it exists in RP along with the Bible, and related texts. Hence why Christian alliances are even allowed to post in this forum. The only OOC statement in the thread has been yours. I can't imagine how you could possibly think your statement could be seen as IC.[/ooc]

There [i]are[/i] many legitimate concerns and questions. There's nothing wrong with asking questions about strange cultures. Admin, the one true God, will determine the fate of the non-believers.
[/quote]

When the sith and the jedi are agreeing on something, you know its got to be right.

[quote name='Captain Flinders' date='23 May 2010 - 01:30 PM' timestamp='1274635782' post='2309204']
Asks the poster with the radical Islamic avatar. I chuckled.

Good luck with the alliance and that is a very handsome flag. Well done.
[/quote]

I was waiting for someone to point this out ;)

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='23 May 2010 - 02:45 PM' timestamp='1274651104' post='2309487']
SWK, I remember Jamariya getting a lot of stick too, more than they deserved for any of their actions. And, well, pretty much any alliance gets snarky comments, whatever its theme.
[/quote]
Oh, I know - snarkiness on OWF is like salt on corn chips. It just seems like the poor christers get more than their fair share, though... :)

Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you. Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men. Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Matt. 5:11-16

Good luck, NCO.

[quote name='Sigurd Odinnson' date='23 May 2010 - 08:35 PM' timestamp='1274661317' post='2309691']
Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you. Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men. Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Matt. 5:11-16

Good luck, NCO.
[/quote]

"The master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he is not aware of. He will cut him to pieces and assign him a place with the hypocrites, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth." - Matthew 24:50-51

[quote name='Kitsuki' date='23 May 2010 - 03:39 PM' timestamp='1274647164' post='2309416']
Good luck Keystroke. Maybe you'll be the Martin Luther of the Cybernations Christian reformation.
[/quote]

Thanks for your well-wishes.

[quote name='wiccan high priest' date='23 May 2010 - 07:27 PM' timestamp='1274660850' post='2309682']
Congrats to Keystroke on the start of a new alliance. Maybe I'll apply, after all it could make for some interesting discussions. [/quote]

You would be welcome to apply, of course.

[quote name='Ardus' date='23 May 2010 - 04:30 AM' timestamp='1274585411' post='2308740']
I was under the impression the Orders had a lock on the whole "New (Insert Word Here) Order" thing.
[/quote]

You're wrong, like usual. :wacko:
Also good luck Keystroke. I didn't know you still play.

Edited by Free Quebec

So basically you're making a Christian alliance (which has already been done) in the mould of an N*O (which has certainly already been done).

I am sure that this will be nothing short of a raging success. :)