GLS (Now Great Lakes Provinces) is back.

HHAYD

[img]http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/2417/62639241.png[/img]
(OOC: Land in bright red is mine, I filed a claim here: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=76516&view=findpost&p=2308187 )

IC: From the GLP's President (nickname is HI, real name is not shown):
[i]
Long story short, GLS was gutted by various criminal organizations, then by TUO, then by the now defunct FSA, again by TUO, and eventually ceased to exist when FSA decided to set up a puppet government and a fake government that was the puppet's puppet to be a decoy in case of TUO come by to say hi again. Some of the members of the GLS government were stubborn and worked hard to reform the country.

We did succeed, we manage to fill in all of the government positions and finally got the government system running smooth enough for Disparu to allow us to give the control back to us, though a little too late. SOMEBODY decided it was a bright idea to take Michigan before we can reform and rebuild.

We want Michigan back. That's all we want.[/i]

OOC: For those who think I am going to continue the boring stuff, TUO, I am not going to do that. I got sick of it.

Edited by HHAYD

[quote name="Presidential Press Release"]
The United States will not apologize for the choices that its citizens have made to set up a free and independent state and then to ratify the Constitution of the United States. While we understand you may have a historic claim to the lands of Michigan, the will of the people have abrogated that claim. We wish the Great Lake Provinces luck and the best to their well being, but know that any attempt to recover Michigan will result in the activation of our defensive treaties and will summons the full defenses of the United States to protect the domestic sovereignty of the state government which has formed there.

On the other hand, if the Great Lakes Provinces does wish to engage in peaceful relations we would be glad to discuss treaties of protection, trade, and extradition at this time as well as offer an embassy in the District of Columbia in which to do negotiations.

God speed,
President William Caudill
[/quote]

ooc: No need to be boring. You got me as your neighbor, lol.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

[quote]Our defensive treaties and will summons the full defenses of the United States to protect the domestic sovereignty of the state government which has formed there.[/quote]

As in they wont fight on their own. Let Michigan go free, is it is theirs. You are a new country that isnt a year old. Get over yourselves, and give the people what they want. For a nation that is so willing to be founded on the principles of freedom and for the people, you seem to be pretty against giving the people what they truly want. I usually support imperialism but the fact that you are going to have a nation stronger than you back down simply because you have more treaties is a cowards act. Also, I believed that the original united states wanted to seek isolation, so why so many treaties in less than a year? You arent anything like them. Prove me wrong and give people what they want.

[quote]T[b]he United States will not apologize for the choices that its citizens have made to set up a free and independent state and then to ratify the Constitution of the United States.[/b] While we understand you may have a historic claim to the lands of Michigan, the will of the people have abrogated that claim. We wish the Great Lake Provinces luck and the best to their well being, but know that any attempt to recover Michigan will result in the activation of our defensive treaties and will summons the full defenses of the United States to protect the domestic sovereignty of the state government which has formed there.

On the other hand, if the Great Lakes Provinces does wish to engage in peaceful relations we would be glad to discuss treaties of protection, trade, and extradition at this time as well as offer an embassy in the District of Columbia in which to do negotiations.

God speed,
President William Caudill[/quote]
The original U.S. had an unofficial policy. Guess what that was? Any states can leave the union if they have the majority votes and go through -bleep-storm of political, economical, and other mess. You fail at trying to be a true U.S., epically failing.

As for the bolded part, I am sure that states have the right to LEAVE the union if they can JOIN the union in the first place.

Edited by HHAYD

"We hereby recognize the sovereignty of the Great Lakes Provinces. Our troops and officials will be withdrawn from the region as soon as possible. That is all."

[b]CLASSIFIED[/b]

True to their word, the Disparuean troops and officials in the Great Lakes Provinces immediately began to withdraw as soon as they received their orders from the Government. Since the region was sovereign again, the Government also decided to cut all funding currently flowing into the area.

[quote name='HHAYD' date='22 May 2010 - 04:55 PM' timestamp='1274561710' post='2308360']
The original U.S. had an unofficial policy. Guess what that was? Any states can leave the union if they have the majority votes and go through -bleep-storm of political, economical, and other mess. You fail at trying to be a true U.S., epically failing.

As for the bolded part, I am sure that states have the right to LEAVE the union if they can JOIN the union in the first place.
[/quote]

You are not the people of Michigan. The people of Michigan have already spoken via their petitions to Disparu and the trouble they went through to procure this unity. I will not reverse their decision. I simply do not have the authority to do so.

Regards,

[quote name='Acca Dacca' date='22 May 2010 - 04:41 PM' timestamp='1274560853' post='2308343']
As in they wont fight on their own. Let Michigan go free, is it is theirs. You are a new country that isnt a year old. Get over yourselves, and give the people what they want. For a nation that is so willing to be founded on the principles of freedom and for the people, you seem to be pretty against giving the people what they truly want. I usually support imperialism but the fact that you are going to have a nation stronger than you back down simply because you have more treaties is a cowards act. Also, I believed that the original united states wanted to seek isolation, so why so many treaties in less than a year? You arent anything like them. Prove me wrong and give people what they want.
[/quote]

And I'm guessing their isolationism is why they the First United States was members of SEATO, NATO, the UN, the IMF, and the World Bank and numerous other international organizations. The people have been given what they truly want. The states do not have the right to secede. No nation stands on its own, any nation that thinks so is truly delusional. It is the same fault which is slowly leading the Tahoe Republic to its demise and a fault we will not share with them.

You will not convince us multilateral relations is a bad idea.

Regards,

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' date='22 May 2010 - 04:27 PM' timestamp='1274563610' post='2308392']
[b]You are not the people of Michigan.[/b] The people of Michigan have already spoken via their petitions to Disparu and the trouble they went through to procure this unity. I will not reverse their decision. I simply do not have the authority to do so.

Regards,

And I'm guessing their isolationism is why they the First United States was members of SEATO, NATO, the UN, the IMF, and the World Bank and numerous other international organizations. The people have been given what they truly want.[b] The states do not have the right to secede.[/b] No nation stands on its own, any nation that thinks so is truly delusional. It is the same fault which is slowly leading the Tahoe Republic to its demise and a fault we will not share with them.

You will not convince us multilateral relations is a bad idea.

Regards,
[/quote]
Most of the people of Michigan were GLS citizens. They had no government to protect them when GLS fell, so they became desperate. Desperate people do desperate actions.

A state is a land that has groups of people. It does not make sense for you to give freedom to those people individually and take them away in when they are in groups. The states represent the people and if the people wants to pack their bags, then let them be. If they felt they made a mistake and wish to undo it, give them a chance.

You do not seem to like giving people second chances do you? I wonder if you have death penalty laws that apply to bubblegum theft?

[quote name='HHAYD' date='22 May 2010 - 11:40 PM' timestamp='1274564428' post='2308404']
Most of the people of Michigan were GLS citizens. They had no government to protect them when GLS fell, so they became desperate. Desperate people do desperate actions.

A state is a land that has groups of people. It does not make sense for you to give freedom to those people individually and take them away in when they are in groups. The states represent the people and if the people wants to pack their bags, then let them be. If they felt they made a mistake and wish to undo it, give them a chance.

You do not seem to like giving people second chances do you? I wonder if you have death penalty laws that apply to bubblegum theft?
[/quote]

"Explain to me then why the citizens of Michigan are not rising up in arms against their current government. If they truly wanted to be part of your country they would have told so"

The ratification by a people of the Constitution is a firm commitment they have elected to uphold. I do not believe they would change their minds over night.. especially to take up the sovereign banner of a state which abandoned them. We will not desert them after they have committed themselves to our care and we to theirs. We are a Union.. we shall stay a Union.

Regards,

[quote name='Markus Wilding' date='22 May 2010 - 08:17 PM' timestamp='1274584630' post='2308729']
If you are truly willing to take Michigan back by force...expect Coruscanta to assist the U.S. in the defense of what is rightfully theirs. The GLS is showing their immaturity in demanding a state that rebelled against them in the first place.
[/quote]

We hereby agree with Coruscanta, our neighbors to the south, should the GLS attempt to take Michigan from the US by force, we shall assist them militarily if possible.

The United States appreciate the support shown even by unaligned nations. We may have to fix that fact and welcome all those who have shown the will to put their blood on the line for the sovereign right of our nation and its people to convene in Washington D.C. at a time of their convenience.. establish an embassy.. and to talk in detail about their future relations with us.

Please, by all means, I would love to be in the presence of such noble company.

Regards,
William Caudill
President of the United States

"The citizens of a nation have the right to choose their allegiance as a personal freedom. After the collapse of your government, they found the United States and embraced it as a new government, and a new allegiance. Regardless of the past, they now have a current home and do not seem quick to revolt over the re-emergence of your state. By collapsing in the first place, you failed your people."

- Chancellor Juzu Amakusa

Edited by Elrich von Richt

"We welcome the Great Lakes Provinces back to the world. You are welcome to [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=85492&view=findpost&p=2288421&hl=&fromsearch=1"]apply for an Embassy[/url] in Endor Cuidad, our capital."

Edited by JEDCJT