The Fading Zenith

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thoughts of my friends and comrades pass through my mind. Of trials and tribulations, sweet successes and friendships made.

I've been standing at the door watching the rain come pouring down. It comes in great sheets, punctuated by resonating cracks of thunder and flashes of bright white light that rips open the sky. It is unstoppable.

What would it be like to be standing in that soaking rain, fists raised defiantly to the sky, I wonder.

And I think to myself

[i]"How can one fight against the Will of the Heavens? How can the fight against the rain that comes down...?"[/i] Of course we cannot.

[i]"If a man turns his head away from his Destiny, is he not carried down the River of Fate regardless...?"[/i]

It is so.

And no matter how hard we fight, the end comes to us all eventually. In one form or another. Though hopefully success means keeping the inevitable at bay and enjoying the passage of time a bit longer.

It has been a very hard year and a half. Zenith crested right as I joined. I caught the fever of a fresh alliance on its ascent. It was so sweet. Invigorating, drunk on the never ending possibilities. The momentum that propels a group into the higher reaches was right there. It was so close. It brushed against our fingertips. So very close.

But the vagaries of fate do not care for close, or even if you actually grasped it, or if it was never even within sight. When the cycle concludes, nothing will stop it. So after the exodus, the dashed hopes, and the long nights of doubt, I then spent the rest of my tenure, slowly climbing the ladder within the alliance and yet failing against the larger battle that was eating away at our foundation.

Despite all this, the membership of Zenith had made some great gains. We had a great run. We learned and developed. Devastated by Karma, we were forged on the iron of pain and shaped by the hammer of defeat. Wounded by the betrayal of that exodus, it was fatal long before we knew it. But individually, it made us strong. Stronger than steel, stronger than any defeat. I'd like to think that the lessons we learned and the resolve gained bloomed in full in our last battle, against Gramlins and Fark. Though we eventually yielded the field, I was stunned by the resolution to face death side by side with one another. By the soaring morale despite being outnumbered once again. We fared very well against such odds, and it is a moment I will cherish forever.

I met some very special people in Zenith. Skilled and wise. They taught me the ways and opened my eyes. They made me who I am (for better or worse) and embraced my, perhaps overbearing, enthusiasm, my quirks, talents and just me, warts and all. And at the end of a long day, isn't that all we really want? A little compassion, some one to call a friend, some camaraderie? So Thank You very much. To all of you.

If the great bonds created with my fellow Zenithians was a great experience, it was only paralleled by the great friendships made outside of our alliance. Every one of our allies have been spectacular each in their own ways. Surprised at these great allies that time and time again rushed to our side to lend us assistance. Even those in the opposite political camps have made their marks upon me. As base creatures to funnel hate against, and those who proved to be better men and women who reached across the divide to make unlikely confidants, and respect earned and made by those we were arrayed against. It was a distinct pleasure getting to know all of you. There is nothing quite like the interaction of international affairs.

It seems is if the rain will never cease. The thunder will never stop crashing and the lightening scoring the sky will never end.

But for Zenith, it is the end. It has come, and so we fade into the night.

Thanks to everyone for a great ride. (Especially TFD who welcomed us into their ranks.)

Now for us refuges, the next chapter begins.

Edited by Kzoppistan

[quote name='nippy' date='22 May 2010 - 12:08 AM' timestamp='1274497701' post='2307617']
Consolidated efforts....oh god.

I've somewhat turned Kzopp into my favor...I'm hoping he convinces you I'm not that bad, eventually. :D
[/quote]

Nippy's not that bad.

He's worse! ;) (See ya around, man)

------

Also,

o/ TFD
o/ NADC
o/ Old Guard
o/ GUN
o/ TORN
o/ TPF
o/ Olympus
o/ FEAR
o/ TOOL
o/ TSI
o/ UBD
o/ UCN
o/ Nevermore
o/ New Auric Armada
o/ The New Guy
o/ The Rosey and Pink Society
o/ The Smurf Village
o/ Carthage
o/ The Corps
o/ House Atreides
o/ DOC
o/ Federation of the Rhine

o/ PnL

Here's a personal nod to:
Asgaard
Cult of Justitia
Argent
STA
WAPA
SSW18
TGE
NEW

Edited by Kzoppistan

Ahh, I was wondering when we would see this.

[quote name='Kzoppistan' date='21 May 2010 - 11:29 PM' timestamp='1274502555' post='2307708']
[...]
o/ TFD
[...]
o/ Federation of the Rhine

o/ PnL

Here's a personal nod to:
Asgaard
Cult of Justitia
Argent
STA
WAPA
SSW18
TGE
NEW
[/quote]

Glad to see that neither you nor Duncan felt it appropriate to thank NATO for their two months of protection and four months of MDoAP. Quite noble :)

[quote name='Pomiell' date='22 May 2010 - 06:10 AM' timestamp='1274504986' post='2307739']
Ahh, I was wondering when we would see this.

Glad to see that neither you nor Duncan felt it appropriate to thank NATO for their two months of protection and four months of MDoAP. Quite noble :)
[/quote]

I suspect that was before Kzopp's time.

It has been a blessing getting to know Zenith and its members, especially when I was at BTO.

However, this

[quote name='Peggy_Sue' date='21 May 2010 - 10:15 PM' timestamp='1274498104' post='2307625']
I am very happy to have the good people of Zenith now allied to us!
[/quote]

I am looking forward to even more irc conversations with Kzop in the future.

Guys, you are just amazing. What you've done and what you've stood for is something other alliances only dream of. From sticking by TPF in Karma war, even after suffering heavy losses, to founding the Peace and Love Train that is now flourishing today, people don't realize the influence you've had.

It's an honor to have been your allies. I love you. :wub:

Always sad to see an alliance fall by the wayside
you impressed me in the recent war with your dedication to your allies and cohesion,
you were decent and honourable opponents and I wish you well in your new future

This is very sad to see, but I don't need to tell you how great an alliance TFD is. Out of your allies you could have merged into, TFD was the best option.

I am glad to be able to say I was a part of Zenith once apon a time, and am bitterly disappointed to see my old home gone.

The temptation to be happy about this due to DK's opinions of my current and former alliances is there, but all I'll say is that it's a shame and a detriment to CN every time an established alliance disappears.

[quote name='Pomiell' date='22 May 2010 - 12:10 AM' timestamp='1274504986' post='2307739']
[/quote]
You'll notice that I didn't thank anyone directly. I thought about doing a list of shoutouts, but it really messed up the form of the announcement so I didn't.

The relationship between Zenith and NATO was anything but sunshine and chocolates for most of Zenith's life, but we did reconcile before the end, something that I am personally very happy for as we wasted the better part of a year being angry.

And Zenith's relationship with NATO was long over before Kzoppi ever joined, I believe he listed the allies that he was there for as there are few others missing.

Edited by Duncan King