Where is Aircastle?

Kongo

[quote name='Believland' date='22 May 2010 - 08:29 AM' timestamp='1274531375' post='2307914']
You always speak for yourself ic unless you're in the water cooler. This is ooc discussionabout ic things. You take the same views as you do ic as you do here.
[/quote]
Nope, I don't. Sorry 'bout that.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='commander thrawn' date='22 May 2010 - 02:21 AM' timestamp='1274491250' post='2307487']
You really shouldn't do this. Just a suggestion.

If you don't want to compile stats that's fine, but it certainly vindicates some of your detractors, and weakens your argument. But stay on topic and don't break rules please.
[/quote]
I don't see the need to spend an hour or so compiling stats to prove what is generally an accepted fact to you. If you don't want to take my word for it, then by all means go and ask one of Aircastle's allies during the war. Otherwise you can just carry on thinking they were the most devastating military machine the world will ever see if it makes you happy.

And since you mention it: What are we to make of your argument considering you haven't even seen the crucial statistics that you're demanding me to show you? Rather calls doubt on the idea that you know what you're talking about here better than I do.
[quote name='flak attack' date='22 May 2010 - 02:55 AM' timestamp='1274493324' post='2307516']
I talked to two of them and neither one was John Ron. Some of us actually do bother to thank the people that are helping us out.
[/quote]
Who else did you talk to exactly? I've heard a few people say they have but the only member anyone ever names is Jon Ron.

[quote name='Rey the Great' date='22 May 2010 - 02:57 AM' timestamp='1274493424' post='2307517']
Your constant use of "him" doesn't show anything but bias, which indicates that Aircastle wasn't as bad as you say.

Your war effort wasn't sabotaged by Aircastle. It was your inefficient planning that did you in. How could you not notice that practically everyone important was aligned in some way to CnG.

I'm sure I speak for a lot of people when I say I'll be glad to see the back of TOP.
[/quote]
I didn't say the entire war was lost because of them, I'm not retarded and that would be giving them way too much credit. However, they did do [b]some[/b]* of the damage and kept [b]some[/b]* of us in war mode. Which did [b]hurt[/b] our ability to fight**.

* Read: Not all.
** Read: Didn't single handedly destroy our alliance.
[quote name='lonewolfe2015' date='22 May 2010 - 03:00 AM' timestamp='1274493638' post='2307519']
Look, have issues all you want with them, but stop bringing it to the peanut gallery. The debate is tireless, pointless, and frankly reflecting poorly on TOP for their apparent whining over a long past war.

I don't care if you think Aircastle was a bunch of creampuffs or a single creampuff, but why do you need to continue a debate on an alliance now gone?

Do we put up discussions on other alliances which go the way of the dodo bird, or should I be expecting TOP to in the future?

If you won't put up any sort of stats or a few clips of stats, that's fine, but don't expect us to care or believe you at face value.
[/quote]
That people like you still deny the facts regarding that alliance suggests to me that the "debate" is hardly settled. Though if you don't care what we have to say, or you think it's become trivial or unimportant because they disappeared, then be my guest and stop wasting your time posting here.

And yes, I would say it's fairly standard to see a thread started here when an alliance suddenly disappears from the game without warning.

[quote name='Blue Lightning' date='22 May 2010 - 07:04 AM' timestamp='1274537041' post='2307950']
And yes, I would say it's fairly standard to see a thread started here when an alliance suddenly disappears from the game without warning.
[/quote]

Then this topic is frivolous, since Aircastle didn't suddenly disappear without warning.

Remember when you made a thread exactly like this a few weeks ago and looked like sore losers? It's funny that so many TOP members are obsessed with Aircastle, an alliance that really did nothing to step on anybodies toes.

Let me take a moment to enlighten you all again. Aircastle was composed entirely of friends / members from a stock trading forum. They came up with a plan that, in their opinion, would most efficiently build their nations for what they wanted to do. This is why all their nations were incredibly similar. They were structured that way. It's really not rocket science here, folks. That being said, TOP managed to irritate them by tossing out baseless accusations and dragging their name through the mud. They had intentions to leave CN before the previous war broke out. Dark Fist was fully informed of this. Since they weren't an alliance that lived to argue on the OWF they felt no need to post about their leaving of the game. They stuck around for the TOP war so they could have one last hurrah and fight alongside us. And then they left when the war ended. It's really rather pathetic that TOP members insist on continuing to try and slander Aircastle after they've left the world. You claim that they were worthless in the war and had no effect on you and yet here you are again making a topic about them. Seems a bit obsessive.

Long story short, there is no conspiracy theory here. Take off your tin foil hats. They were an alliance of friends and they decided, as a group of friends, that Cybernations no longer interested them so they left. End of story. Nothing to see here. Move along.

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='21 May 2010 - 05:21 PM' timestamp='1274476882' post='2307261']
Did anyone ever see any of them except John? I know he was the only one that posted here. I don't have access to the Citadel boards any more to see what was going on back then.
[/quote]

Yes. We dealt with a number of their members. Jon Ron was the only one who posted on the OWF. Most of Aircastle (rightfully so in my opinion) avoided the OWF since they felt that it was childish and added no value to their gaming experience. See, not all alliances enjoy lurking the boards and arguing in circles.

[quote name='shahenshah' date='22 May 2010 - 04:06 AM' timestamp='1274515595' post='2307845']
Aircastle fades away, TOP prevails, Gratz to our allies o\ TOP SPEED.
[/quote]

Yes, an alliance leaving the game certainly makes the world a better place. :rolleyes:

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' date='22 May 2010 - 04:10 PM' timestamp='1274541005' post='2307997']
Who has said they are some devastating military machine?
[/quote]
Ugh. Great response... :rolleyes:

[quote name='Rafael Nadal' date='22 May 2010 - 05:07 PM' timestamp='1274544454' post='2308047']
Then this topic is frivolous, since Aircastle didn't suddenly disappear without warning.
[/quote]
You're right, Kongo and I are literally the only players in the game who weren't informed John Ron was going to be deleting.

[quote name='Daikos' date='22 May 2010 - 06:08 PM' timestamp='1274548103' post='2308112']
Remember when you made a thread exactly like this a few weeks ago and looked like sore losers? It's funny that so many TOP members are obsessed with Aircastle, an alliance that really did nothing to step on anybodies toes.

Let me take a moment to enlighten you all again. Aircastle was composed entirely of friends / members from a stock trading forum. They came up with a plan that, in their opinion, would most efficiently build their nations for what they wanted to do. This is why all their nations were incredibly similar. They were structured that way. It's really not rocket science here, folks. That being said, TOP managed to irritate them by tossing out baseless accusations and dragging their name through the mud. They had intentions to leave CN before the previous war broke out. Dark Fist was fully informed of this. Since they weren't an alliance that lived to argue on the OWF they felt no need to post about their leaving of the game. They stuck around for the TOP war so they could have one last hurrah and fight alongside us. And then they left when the war ended. It's really rather pathetic that TOP members insist on continuing to try and slander Aircastle after they've left the world. You claim that they were worthless in the war and had no effect on you and yet here you are again making a topic about them. Seems a bit obsessive.

Long story short, there is no conspiracy theory here. Take off your tin foil hats. They were an alliance of friends and they decided, as a group of friends, that Cybernations no longer interested them so they left. End of story. Nothing to see here. Move along.

Yes. We dealt with a number of their members. Jon Ron was the only one who posted on the OWF. Most of Aircastle (rightfully so in my opinion) avoided the OWF since they felt that it was childish and added no value to their gaming experience. See, not all alliances enjoy lurking the boards and arguing in circles.

Yes, an alliance leaving the game certainly makes the world a better place. :rolleyes:
[/quote]
Actually, when they approached us about potentially joining Citadel (or Citadel approached them, I forget), we found them a little suspicious and discussed them on our private forums. They found out about this (how, I've no idea) and totally freaked out about it. They claimed we were trying to get them banned and were spreading lies (much as you have just done), when the reality is a few of our members were just speculating in the privacy of our forums. They then totally shut us off and started hating us a great deal until they finally attacked us in the last war. The way they ran their nations in the war is what proved beyond doubt their suspicious nature to me and that is what has caused the accusations from many since then.

I'd say the fact they held a massive grudge against and eventually attacked us because a few of us thought they looked a bit suspicious was not only very over-defensive but "stepping on people's toes".

And yes, [b]this[/b] "alliance" leaving the game makes the game a better place.

[edit]And who exactly were the other members you dealt with?

Edited by Blue Lightning

[quote name='Believland' date='22 May 2010 - 02:55 PM' timestamp='1274532899' post='2307924']
I think you should read the whole post, duder. And yes leadership, especially elected leaders, speak for their alliance. The people elect you to make the right choices and to speak for them.
[/quote]
I speak for the alliance when:
1. I post in an IC forum
2. I state that I talk for the alliance.

While I will agree that my posts reflect on the whole on my alliance, since I am a representive, it is simply not true that everything any alliance leaders says should be taken as the word of their alliance.

[quote name='Daikos' date='22 May 2010 - 10:08 PM' timestamp='1274548103' post='2308112']
[/quote]

[quote name='shahenshah' date='22 May 2010 - 01:35 PM' timestamp='1274517333' post='2307854']
Its sad when so many extremely competent members suddenly leave bob
[/quote]

[quote name='JackSkellington' date='22 May 2010 - 01:38 PM' timestamp='1274517519' post='2307856']
I'm asking why you find congrats are in order
[/quote]
It was in context of light-hearted TOP-Aircastle pun.

[quote name='Blue Lightning' date='22 May 2010 - 01:50 PM' timestamp='1274550583' post='2308164']
[edit]And who exactly were the other members you dealt with?
[/quote]
Dragon Taxi and someone else I can't remember the name of. It was a woman's name, I do remember that.

I'll simply say that it's rather strange, even if they were a group of friends, that not a single one of them decided to stay in the game. When they "decided to get deleted", they did it en masse, in groups of 8 to 12, who had all collected in the same hour, on the same day. It's not so much their building structure that made us suspicious, it's their total lack of presence anywhere else, very secluded boards and their time connections. They also never replied to PMs. No matter what they did (collect, attack, buy nukes), they always did it in groups of 8 to 12.

I play with friends. I proposed all of them to adopt the same building setup. Still, they will not connect all on the same day, during the same hour. If one of them deletes, he'll go alone. Likewise, if I ever delete, my friends won't necessarily do.

Anyway, point is moot, Kongo was simply wondering where they went. He got his answer.

Edited by Yevgeni Luchenkov

[quote name='Blue Lightning' date='22 May 2010 - 06:50 PM' timestamp='1274550583' post='2308164']
Ugh. Great response... :rolleyes:

[/quote]

Pretty sure that is a fitting response, no one said they were great, they are just asking why you keep bringing up how bad they were even though they are all gone.

[quote name='commander thrawn' date='22 May 2010 - 06:19 PM' timestamp='1274566732' post='2308451']
Pretty sure that is a fitting response, no one said they were great, they are just asking why you keep bringing up how bad they were even though they are all gone.
[/quote]
I think it's time to leave it be Thrawn, obviously we're not welcome in their discussion on the numerous faults of Aircastle because we're not the type to crucify an already dead alliance. Demonstrated by the obvious response of ignoring my question because he felt I ignored the rest of an argument we've already been over.

I still find it funny that an alliance which thinks of themselves so highly feels threatened by a dead alliance though...

It's very unfortunate that Aircastle deleted the way they did, but there are still at least two other alliances which come close to the organization expertise of Aircastle, and those are Basketball Ninjas and Avalon. Looking forward to those two taking Aircastle's place in about 6 months.

[quote name='Batallion' date='23 May 2010 - 01:22 AM' timestamp='1274574105' post='2308566']
It's very unfortunate that Aircastle deleted the way they did, but there are still at least two other alliances which come close to the organization expertise of Aircastle, and those are Basketball Ninjas and Avalon. Looking forward to those two taking Aircastle's place in about 6 months.
[/quote]

I just hope they don't disappear ;)

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' date='22 May 2010 - 05:47 PM' timestamp='1274564810' post='2308416']
I'll simply say that it's rather strange, even if they were a group of friends, that not a single one of them decided to stay in the game. When they "decided to get deleted", they did it en masse, in groups of 8 to 12, who had all collected in the same hour, on the same day. It's not so much their building structure that made us suspicious, it's their total lack of presence anywhere else, very secluded boards and their time connections. They also never replied to PMs. No matter what they did (collect, attack, buy nukes), they always did it in groups of 8 to 12.

I play with friends. I proposed all of them to adopt the same building setup. Still, they will not connect all on the same day, during the same hour. If one of them deletes, he'll go alone. Likewise, if I ever delete, my friends won't necessarily do.

Anyway, point is moot, Kongo was simply wondering where they went. He got his answer.
[/quote]
Don't worry brother. When you quit, I quit too.

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' date='22 May 2010 - 06:57 PM' timestamp='1274569005' post='2308493']
I think it's time to leave it be Thrawn, obviously we're not welcome in their discussion on the numerous faults of Aircastle because we're not the type to crucify an already dead alliance. Demonstrated by the obvious response of ignoring my question because he felt I ignored the rest of an argument we've already been over.

I still find it funny that an alliance which thinks of themselves so highly feels threatened by a dead alliance though...
[/quote]
If you wanted to have a sincere discussion you would have done your homework first. I gave you a direction to look at for their warring stats. I didn't give you the direct link to it, because I have no idea what it is. I remember skimming past it two? nights ago while looking for a post in their.

As to who thinks they're great at warring? Well, Aircastle did make a thread about how great they were at war. Which many people backed in the thread. I also remember a Vanguard member say something along the lines that they were the best at war.

As far as TOP being threatened by AC? I doubt they are. I doubt they ever were. When you looked at the stats, AC didn't do much in terms of damage. It was keeping TOP members out of PM which they did, and they did it well too. This is more about getting even, which everyone wants to do in CN. AC, basically flipped *&$( when TOP started some private talks about them. And with AC, having a personal vendetta against TOP for said discussions. Now, this is TOP getting even. TOP also isn't the only ones to do this. Most alliances do, see any NSO/NPO sigs about LUE? Or ever see any posts by CnG and friends about attacking Pacifica? It's all a circle that everyone does, but people cry foul for political gain.

So, I hoped that answered your question and gave you some foundation knowledge for the future.

I hope to see you around AC.

[quote name='JackSkellington' date='22 May 2010 - 09:07 PM' timestamp='1274558842' post='2308308']
I'll go ahead and let Admin as well as the Moderation Team choose whether it proves without a doubt that your suspicions are correct.
[/quote]
This is touchy to respond to. I'll just say that my conclusion and the ruling of the mod team differs. Though I don't blame or criticise them for their judgement and understand why we differ.

[quote name='flak attack' date='22 May 2010 - 09:55 PM' timestamp='1274561733' post='2308361']
Dragon Taxi and someone else I can't remember the name of. It was a woman's name, I do remember that.
[/quote]
Ok thanks.

[quote name='commander thrawn' date='22 May 2010 - 11:19 PM' timestamp='1274566732' post='2308451']
[/quote]
Maybe I expect too much from people. When I write up a well thought out and in depth post I don't expect a one liner snipe at an insignificant piece of my post (which he's apparently misunderstood anyway). I'm barely inclined to explain that I wasn't saying anybody necessarily held the belief that Aircastle were a strong military force. I was simply saying that he could hold that view, if he so desired, and I wouldn't care either way. Next time I'll be more careful using such a complex turn of phrase.

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' date='22 May 2010 - 11:57 PM' timestamp='1274569005' post='2308493']

[/quote]
I'd be a lot less hostile if you didn't come in here trying to stir up trouble from the get go.

I know Aircastle didn't exactly reach the epitome of military awesomeness, and I was never one of those people to claim they were. I know a bit about how they did during the war when talking to Jon (including him saying 'AYR' was done post war)

Most of my questions were simply revolving around why TOP won't let it go. Good to see you gave a pretty reasonable explanation BEazy, but for the record, it's difficult to do the homework on every discussion of someone else's you enter, especially when you aren't terribly active as is due to other obligations.

If I made this topic, I'd have done the homework and made some statistical graphs or charts to demonstrate my point, even if it amounted to a listing of the fact that they never attacked at the same time.

E: As for coming in trying to stir up trouble, the entire basis of this thread was of that nature. You began with a hostile attitude towards an extinct alliance, not exactly neutral territory by any stretch of the imagination.

Edited by lonewolfe2015

[quote name='commander thrawn' date='23 May 2010 - 02:35 AM' timestamp='1274574889' post='2308575']
I just hope they don't disappear ;)
[/quote]
Don't worry been here since January 1 2008, don't think we will quit any time soon. I will cry IRL when that day comes.

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' date='22 May 2010 - 09:14 PM' timestamp='1274577222' post='2308620']
Most of my questions were simply revolving around why TOP won't let it go. Good to see you gave a pretty reasonable explanation BEazy, but for the record, it's difficult to do the homework on every discussion of someone else's you enter, especially when you aren't terribly active as is due to other obligations.

If I made this topic, I'd have done the homework and made some statistical graphs or charts to demonstrate my point, even if it amounted to a listing of the fact that they never attacked at the same time.

[/quote]
This topic wasn't over said thing though. It was about how AC has vanished 2 months after bandwagoning in a war. I'm sure TOP has stats of AC's wars and everything, but I doubt they have it organize. Blue wasn't the creator of this topic. It was Kongo who plays around a lot in TOP. Most of the time he can be a jerk about it though, don't believe me? Ask the boys in TJO. But, it's part of his nature.

And yes, if Avalon(I think they've been around for a good amount of time though) and BN leaves, it'll be a bad day for CN.

[quote name='Consul of Monkeys' date='22 May 2010 - 10:18 PM' timestamp='1274581086' post='2308676']
So not one single minded individual thought, "hey, I quite enjoy this game. Why not join another alliance and keep playing". Get real.

Cheerio aircastle, good ridance.
[/quote]
Actually, they didn't sound like they thought as individuals at all. Check their wiki. Individualism wasn't high on their priority I guess.

[quote name='Consul of Monkeys' date='22 May 2010 - 10:18 PM' timestamp='1274581086' post='2308676']
So not one single minded individual thought, "hey, I quite enjoy this game. Why not join another alliance and keep playing". Get real.
[/quote]

Have you been tracking every Aircastle member individually then? :huh:

[quote name='Tromp' date='21 May 2010 - 12:44 PM' timestamp='1274467451' post='2307128']
Oh God, this stuff again.
You show yourself to be sore losers, but it is amusing to see so please continue.
[/quote]

I hate to stoop to 'No U!', but to hear you call anyone sore losers is funny. After all, you were the guy who undertook unauthorized foreign affairs measures as DMoFA of FOK and then threw a hissy-fit and quit the alliance when the membership overruled your actions.

Hahaha.