CNRP Jargon

iamthey

I am aware that Zarfef published a list of useful terms a few months ago... However, I find this somewhat lacking. Here is a far more extensive one which I think is far more representative of the true meaning behind our jargon and significant memes. Hope this helps :).

[quote]
[b]CNRP Terms[/b]

OOC War: Any war where you are on the presumed losing side.

Godmoding: Rping based upon realistic assumptions, or Rping which does not specifically favor your own position.

Powergaming:
You are ‘powergamer’: Clever strategy
You are not the ‘powergamer’: Abusive, and unsporting, rude, mean, (see godmoding)

Colony: Land you want, or otherwise do not wish another to have; or any piece of land of your choosing. Also: Definitely not any piece of land under your control.

Bothamode: A clever shield.

An international journalist, or otherwise inconspicuous unnamed official: The Bearer of an opinion you wish to make for otherwise ooc reasons, but do not wish to associate with your own nation for reasons ranging from IC associations, to potential hypocrisy.

Nord: Any remotely Germanic RP, or any rp regardless of its content belonging to anyone who hangs out or has ever hanged out in the #nordic RP channel. Generally to be regarded with suspicion and mistrust.

Ruining the game: Anything one does not find fun.

Sarah Tintagyl (Character): Hippies, butterflies, flowers, and lots and lots of sex. Also Woodstock.

Brisbane: Good luck finding insurance.

Weapon of Mass Destruction: Must use when Rage Quiting.

Rage Quit: A temporary leave of absence.

Good Global war RP: “maybe next time”.

Lynneth: :loltechnologywtfzomg:

Economy: Something irrelevant.

Italy: lol

Human Rights: See Economy.

Rebel Army: No homeless people (except in Korea).

Lavo_2: "Sup" *returns to lurking*

Protectorate: A Backup nation.

Inactive: 25 Days without Posting IC.

Active: 24 Days without posting IC.

Stabilization & Preventing Anarchy: land grab.

Real Life: An Excuse for being [s]inactive[/s] active.

Triyun:
Ally: :awesome:
Everyone Else: Ohshi- (except sarah)

Subtleknifewielder: Posts:22,290 (19.05.2010) “kajldf;ldsk fjlsdjgls dglsjdgls :o

Common Sense: An individual’s opinion.

Magic: Allowed, as long as someone thinks it’s a trick.

Physics: See common sense.

2020: [s]2025[/s], [s]2030[/s], [s]2040[/s], [s]2100[/s], 2010

Nation RP: Boring & Dry.

Character RP: Embellishment of the irrelevant, but vague on everything else.

“Why can’t the community take things less seriously, and work together”: “Why can’t people get out of my way.”

CNrp: What a large IG nation supports.

cnRP: What a small IG nation supports.

Treaty: A mysterious and often categorical paragraph rarely exceeding 1000 words which may materialize rapidly and without warning.

Citizenry: A slavish mass of docile human beings who by their nature dedicate their allegiance to whatever regime holds sway over them. This nature is substantiated by the reality that the oldest existing regime is in fact only one to two decades old, and the fact that regime turnover is extraordinarily high.

Time: Something subject to geography.

Hypocrite: “Everyone else.”

Invading the Game: The [u]obvious[/u] actions of the alliance that has the most rpers represented in the RP.

Game Invaders: [s]NPO[/s] [s]IRON[/s] [s]NSO[/s]... [s][s][[/s]s[s]][/s][/s]CoJ[s][s][[/s]/s[s]][/s][/s]

Win the game: The intersection of a line with an undefined slope (vertical) representing the threshold of 'win', and a second asymptotic function representing the relationship between your Aggregate military, economic, and political power (x) and the negative PR/probability for arbitrary and [u]clearly[/u] ooc war. As the function in question is actually undefined at the x representing the threshold, the theoretical win point is generally never reached as premature destruction of the nation in question occurs with a probability of 1 prior to breaking the threshold. (Nations/Alliances that have almost won the game. UFE, GNR, Diamonds, Rebel Army (prior to nuclear war), Commieintern, Saboria, Imperial Wellington, HRE, EU, DE.)

The Bad Guy: See win the game.

Respect: Wait... I don't understand

Whining: Making a valid argument

Making a valid argument: Agreeing with me

Re-roll: What one does after they rage-quit

King Kevz: See rage-quitting

Eggman Empire: lolsupersoldiers, also, my god is bigger than your god.

Maelstrom Vortex: The resident Dragon, who claims this is all a communal dream.

Roll: A curbstomp

Pull an N Reeki: Attack a large nation to force them to roll you so you can rage-quit and reroll

Generalissimo: Won the Game. Hands down.

Pulling off a JED: see Stabilization & Preventing Anarchy

KaiserMelech Mikhail: Being an underdeveloped, technologically inferior nation, bolstered by your un-godly powerful neighbors.

Emperor Mudd: Keep off his lawn.

Japan: MUST HAVE BIG EYES

German: Ma dick is much bigger than yours

Mael: Tis a dragon.

Keshav: Resident Indian. (He runs all your computers :ph34r:)

Keshav : Resident wannabe-American, Indian.

Europe: Imagine the 16th century Holy Roman empire on a massive scale.

Africa: The most peaceful continent.

South America: See: Holy American Empire

North and West Asia: Wait where is that

Southeast Asia: see europe

Oceania: See: Australia (Note: hurr)

North America: A volatile area of American nationalists trying to control where they live.

Iamthey: See Common Sense. (ohshi circular logic)

Being Nuked: A mysteriously subjective and relative experience. It is something that either has longterm and crippling effects justifying a number of strategic FA moves as well as a flurry of negative pr, or something with few repercussions generally not even holding relevance for an entire week.

Defender: You and your friends.

Aggressor: The Enemy.

Pull a Uberstein:
1) Start a war by yelling loudly.
2) Declare war and take no further action: get attacked months later: now you are defender!

World War II: For all years of human history, the only war to CNRPers that has any relevance.

King of Cochin: Your friendly neighborhood Imperialist

Jordosaur: Who?

KingChris: CNRP's Catholic @#%&$ (oh the irony...)

Voodoo: The friendly Agnostic, Catholic, Muslim, Jewish, Deist, Arab democratic dictator

Sargun: He did it for the lulz. Also God of #CNRP.

Peace: My OOC buddies are getting squeamish.

Curbstomp: Totally justified if you do the stomping.

Genocide: Lolblankslate

Mexico: See 'colonies'

Imperialism: Wanting more land, or whining about someone who got the land you wanted first.

Cooperation: Like we're ever gonna do that

Drakedeath: Nearly or does go to war with someone and then signs a treaty with them two weeks later.

Republicandeath: Sargun's lulz name for Drakedeath

Nythera: Carthage's ever-tardy Minister of Foreign Affairs

Drakedeath's Commercial Ships: Absolute Nightmare of Maritime Insurers for their tendency to develop radar/radio propulsion failures particularly in waters alerted to be venues of live fire exercises. Official transporters of state gold bullion as well.

Pull a Voodoo: have a janitor accidentally arm and aim nuclear weapons

Religion: A very easy way to be mocked.

Pulling a Drakedeath: Putting something somewhere at the wrong time to cause a diplomatic incident for no reason whatsoever.

Moderate sized nation: A reason for a few people to whine about you being a land whore.

Large nation: A reason for a continent full of people to whine about you being a land whore.

Epic sized continent spanning treaty webbed nation: The whole world hates you man.

Empire: Nation which oppresses people and wars for land.

Republic: Empire without the balls to admit it.

ExecutiveMinister: Unable to see the satire in threads.

Logic: Nonexistent

Sanity: See "Logic"

The Status Quo: What happens when two nations give up warring each other because one side lost a powerful ally.

Pre-War period: The gathering of allies and creating fast treaties to get more Nation Strength than the other guy.

"Surrender": Give me all your land and go toss off.

War: Three or more people fighting out of character about who is wrong. The third party is usually neutral.

ections:
1) A reason to pull someone's land out from under them.. or to get a CB against them that appears to have the popular support of their own citizens!
2) Something only done with the help of alliance mates.

Spam
1) A valid argument that contradicts a persons opinion (see: common sense)
2)Something people post to draw attention to themselves

Plebiscite (OOC: CNRP Poll)
1. If the poll goes in my favor its the voice of the people.
2. If the poll goes against me, its a poll of international Opinion.

Geography-
1. What's that? My tanks can't just roll right over your border?
2. VTOL.
[/quote]

Will update as new terms are added.

:v:

Edited by iamthey

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NSO didn't invade the game, CNRP invaded NSO... and then left... except Zarfef and I... Then Zarfef left CNRP...

I feel so lonely...

Also, you lack a few terms:

Lose the Game: LVN

Respect: Wait... I don't understand

Whining: Making a valid argument

Making a valid argument: Agreeing with me

Generalissimo: Won the Game. Hands down.

I'll think of others

Edited by Il Terra Di Agea

Re-roll: What one does after they rage-quit

King Kevz: See rage-quitting

Eggman Empire: lolsupersoldiers, also, my god is bigger than your god.

Maelstrom Vortex: The resident Dragon, who claims this is all a communal dream.

Roll: A curbstomp

Pull an N Reeki: Attack a large nation to force them to roll you so you can rage-quit and reroll

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

[quote name='Sir Keshav IV' date='21 May 2010 - 11:54 AM' timestamp='1274423078' post='2306633']
Keshav: Resident Indian. (He runs all your computers :ph34r: )

The only creative thing I could come up with.
[/quote]

No, I am the resident Indian.

Keshav : Resident wannabe-American, Indian.

Europe: Imagine the 16th century Holy Roman empire on a massive scale.

Africa: The most peaceful continent.

South America: See: Holy American Empire

North and West Asia: Wait where is that

Southeast Asia: see europe

Oceania: See: Australia

North America: A volatile area of American nationalists trying to control where they live.

Curristan: Terrorist Hotspot. Avoid at all costs. Perhaps caused by unhappiness due to all the demotivational propaganda posters?

Imperator Azenquor: For some reason, not all citizens are blind sheep, defying the definition of citizenry, as they seem to rebel once a month or so...

[quote]Win the game: The intersection of a line with an undefined slope (vertical) representing the threshold of 'win', and a second asymptotic function representing the relationship between your Aggregate military, economic, and political power (x) and the negative PR/probability for arbitrary and clearly ooc war. As the function in question is actually undefined at the x representing the threshold, the theoretical win point is generally never reached as premature destruction of the nation in question occurs with a probability of 1 prior to breaking the threshold. (Nations/Alliances that have almost won the game. UFE, GNR, Diamonds, Rebel Army (prior to nuclear war), Commieintern, Saboria, Imperial Wellington, HRE, EU, DE.)[/quote]
Hey, three of those are mine :awesome:

Also, this list is too glorious for words. I laughed hard.

Edited by Lynneth

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' date='21 May 2010 - 12:11 PM' timestamp='1274440265' post='2306760']
King of Cochin: Your friendly neighborhood Imperialist

(IAT, see if you can start to alphebetize this list too, while you are at it...satire works best when it's easily understandable. ;))
[/quote]

Part of its meaning has to do with its order. Ie you need to understand the reference to particular terms to get the joke in others.