The White Tiger Never Sleeps

Sir Keshav IV

Keshav was an old man now. He had been in the military since the fall of Solamnia. He had seen many wars since then and almost returning to power in the Cholan Empire before forming Beijing Corporation. Every-time he worked to form a new state it always backfired. He was now in his early forty's and nothing more then a Major in the PLA. He had enough of the Communist party. His wife was killed by the party during the Gansu raids held six years ago. His children were taken and sold as slaves. He was nothing but a shell of his former self. Pleading with Megan got him punished being stripped of all extra privileges a soldier would have and not only that his former friends were trying to frame him. He was seen as a major enemy to the Party as he still had loyal followers within the ranks of the military and his former citizens. He had decided to use this to his advantage. He had decided to remove the Communist Party and the mad man Rorschach and his mistress Bai Ling from power and decided form a much better state. This was his time, he could feel. His name was being called, he knew it.

He had been plotting for over three years now. His close circle of friends and many more people who have turned to follow him. It was called the Tiger Reserve. His friends included Lt.Gen Ming and Lt.Gen Jiang. Their support gave him the support of the major army groups, the Southern Ninjas the biggest deployed regiment in China and the Gansu Mechanized Forces. Together his army alone was nearly 30,000 strong with all the mechanized forces supporting him. He had believed without the Armed forces his plot would fail. The loyalty of the armed forces was the major problem and now he had got it. AVM Naik promised the complete support of the Air Force. With the loyalty of the majority of the armed forces in China he could finally start his plan. The major points in China- Jinan, Xi'an, Daqing Oil Fields, and Xining needed to be captured. These where the majority strong holds of the Communist. His loyal supporters were being moved into all these cities and have all been given ammunition training. The main idea of this plan was to cut off all the Communist Strongholds before moving to Beijing. Beijing was the most armed city in the world. With over protection of nearly 20,000 troops the best Anti-Air Defense Equipment, mine fields surrounding the whole city, 10,000 armed Police officers, and the only city to be EMP Proof will be a tough nut to crack. But with control over all the industrialized cities in China along with the control over the armed forces, the capitulation of the Communist party would be quick. They would squeal like the rats they were. They would ask forgiveness, for mercy. None would be given, all that had betrayed him will be dead by dusk tomorrow. A new China will be born. It was the lord's will. It was the people's will. It was his will. He must not fail. He could not fail. If he did, China would be lost forever. His dreams would die with him. He was determined.

He knew that only with the element of surprise could he not fail. If he announced anything, his plot would have failed. It was kept secret for so long, it must be kept a secret for another twenty-four hours. In twenty-four hours a new nation would be born. The Tiger Never Sleeps.

OOC: Yes this is a civil war. This is also me posting to say I'm entering Botha mode as of now. I have been given permission by a GM and Botha to RP a civil war so that I could have a story into Botha mode. That also means a lot more RP'ing will be done, such as I shall be giving away a lot of land that is out of my SoI and will be cancelling all my MDP+ Treaties. This is secret for now.

Edited by Sir Keshav IV

The clock struck 12, it was time to move. The Tiger never sleeps, he is up when rest of the world is a sleep. It was time to enact his plan. He made the call and the eighteen men walked out the room. It was time. Keshav sat in his customary jeep, the only personal possession of his while the rest of his men followed. They were to move quickly to Jinan. Within six hours that city would be his. His capital city. It was the prized possession of the Communist government. Once captured Rorschach would have no where left to hide.

[i] Jinan [/i]

Lt.Gen Ming was head of Jinan. He was the most experienced soldier in the PLA. He was ordered to capture the city. The important landmarks where the Jinan military garrisons and the Jinan Provincial Head Quarters. Nearly 3,000 troops where sent to the Military Garrisons to capture them while the soldiers slept. Their target was Lt.Col Yao. The head of Jinan Security. With him under their control, the Jinan Military Garrison wouldn't move an inch giving them all control over the city. The Jinan Police Forces also came under Lt.Col Yao. He was head of the Police force as well. Capturing him would give them easy access to Jinan Provincial Head Quarters. The soldiers were to move quietly. A hundred strong moving from different points through the city to the Head Quarters. Not a sound was to be made. By morning it should seem as if nothing is wrong. The Private News Channels were not to get a word of this till morning. It was a hard mission to accomplish but could easily be accomplished.

Three Thousand men moved towards the Military Garrisons. The Sentries that night were a part of the movement. Lt.Gen Ming made sure of that. Being a man of power he used it. The sentries allowed the men to enter the camp. A camp consisting of one-thousand men kept in case riots broke out. Fifty men headed straight to Lt.Col Yao house. Being head of Security he was given a house by the Military. He and his wife and two sons lived in relative comfort. All were about to change. The Wife and Children were to be arrested and kept safely so that they won't talk while Yao was to be blackmailed into submitting to the movement. If not one by one his family would be killed. His brother, is a worker in the city's government and his house was already raided and he was captured. Yao's mother was moved to a hospital for her treatment supervised by the movement. His closest relatives were all gathered and sent to Gansu where they would be kept until the movement was completed after which they would all be brought to justice. Their treachery would be shown soon. The whole family, would be brought to justice.

The soldiers moved quickly through the bungalow while some scaled the roof and entered from the top. The two floor bungalow was small but comfortable. It was easy to get the kids and take them before they could make a sound. They were all a sleep. So was Yao and his wife. He was captured and a bag was placed over his head with Duct Tape around his mouth. His wife was force fed a sleeping pill while being placed in the car and taken to the Movement's head quarters. It was all real simple. Yao was taken to his basement where he wast duct taped to the wall and was given his options. To support the movement and call for the police shutdown for tomorrow and the garrison to be closed or his family be killed one by one. Including his relatives. Yao succumbed, and so far the plan had worked. The police and the military garrison wouldn't move an inch to counter the Jinan offensive. The fifty soldiers moved easily into the Provincial Head Quarters and waited. At six a.m when the head quarters would open, the would all be in for a surprise. A big surprise.

[i]Jinan[/i]

Lt.Col Yao was now a forced member of the movement. The city was captured very quickly. It was like a story. At least in Lt.Gen Ming's mind. The city slept while their government trembled. The White Tiger had accomplished his first victory. In the morning, the city would wake up to a different China. It was 1:45 AM. The movement in Jinan ended fifteen minutes early. Lt.Gen Ming informed Keshav. With that he rested, while his troops were on alert and Lt.Col Yao was still duct taped to a wall. He wasn't to be freed till six a.m.

[i] Daqing [/i]

Major Yadav was just taking a nap on his chair. He was the head of security for Lt.Col Mao the head of the province of Daqing. He was snoring before a noise startled him. It was the loading of a pistol. His pistol, he knew it. His pistol had been with him for a long time. His hand wasn't even near it though. He woke up and before he could make a sound he was struggling for breath. An handkerchief was placed around his mouth and nose. He soon felt drowsy and went unconscious. Soon he was tied up and gagged under his desk.

Lt.Gen Mao was still in his office. He alone commanded two-thousand troops and all of the money into the People's Republic. He was about to go home when he saw the time, it 1:55 a.m. He turned back to his desk when he was grabbed and gagged immediately. Capt.Patel had done well. He had done as instructed and all went as to plan. He left one piece of paper on the desk which Lt.Gen Mao was to sign or else be shot and thrown for the dead. He hoped this would go peacefully. Seeing as how Lt.Gen Mao and his family needed to be brought to justice. His family's treachery would be revealed in due time. Lt.Gen Mao of course signed it. His loyalty and Daqing had changed hands. He was no more Lt.Gen Mao of the PLA, he was Prisoner #6 or was soon to be anyways. He however did not know that. It was a secret. It was a secret known only to the Tiger Reserve. Daqing was captured. The People were a sleep. Tomorrow Daqing would be a part of Zargathia, not the People's Republic of China. Tomorrow the people would be free.

[i]Xi'an[/i]

The Centre of China as it was called was the biggest city after Jinan. It was a commercial capital. Everything in China ran here. It was a jewel in the People's Republic. Lt.Col Xinh was the head of the movement here. She was a battle worn Lt.Col from Vietnam. Her job was to capture the Provincial Head Quarters and the head of the Police. It was relatively simple. On nights such as these, the head of the police and the head of the city would meet for a game of porker. Her job was to storm the place before any word could leave. She couldn't be compromised. She was to begin the operation at 2:30 a.m, but instead was ordered to do it a 2. She and her 25 men moved in. Some scaled the roof through the fire exits on the side while the rest with silenced weapons shot the guards and marched in. She was startled to see prostitutes and a game of strip poker. Both were banned in China but here their very leaders were breaking the laws. The men were captured. Both were forced to sign the very papers that the others were made to sign. Xi'an was captured. It was 2:30 a.m. The real operation was to begin.

[i]Xining[/i]

Lt.Col Nethaji was leading this plan. Xining was to become a model city in the PRC. Like Xi'an and Jinan and Daqing. It was to become the next big thing. Nevertheless he and a 1500 men moved on. The only thing really needed to be captured were the Head Quarters. The Police force here were 150 strong and thats about it for now. The Head Quarters was really small. Two floors. One guard at the front. Thats it. The one guard was sleeping before he was tied and gagged. Fifty men along with him entered the building. It housed the Provincial Governor as well. Provincial Governor Song Xiuyan was captured. He and his wife together were taken. They have all bad pasts. Treacherous pasts. Criminals in the eye of the Tiger. It was done, Xining was under their control. Information was relayed to the White Tiger.

Elsewhere.....

There was maniacal laughter. It was very loud. They had succeeded. The plan worked. The element of surprise worked. It was three hours since he made the call in Jinan and now the Communist Strongholds were under their control. His control. It was a success. His nation was at his fingertips. He could feel the power already. His justice complete. It was all done like in a story. Unbelievable story! The last Communist strongholds crumbled, it was under his control. Nothing could stop him now. God the only being who could, was his supporter. The only thing left for him was to grab the opportunity. His rise to power was almost complete. Now would be the hardest part. The march to Beijing. He has three hours by time Beijing had to fall.

The third reserve guard outside Beijing would be the hardest. Armed with Javelin's and various other weapons, and six thousand troops, it would be the hardest to defeat. Being the inner circle of Beijing they had to be passed to get to the office quarter. They had three hours. To make it quick and easy 200 tanks were deployed. These were the best beauties in the PRC army. The Black Eagle's. Two-Hundred were deployed along with 25,000 troops stormed the outer lines of the city. Backed by another 100 T-90's the Black Eagle's moved in first. Moving in horizontal rows the Tanks attacked the City's armour before the troops were sent in behind them. The Black Eagle's made quick work of the light outer defenses into the solid inner defenses. The city was well planned. From every corner a sniper could kill you, it was heavily armored with thickest concrete buildings being built re-in forced to be protected well. The tanks moved forward through the narrow streets, only problem it was in a straight line. The Anti-Tank weaponry halted the forward movements of the tanks while the soldiers continued to march in. The Mortar rounds were being fired by the Movement into the Communist Defenses. The idea of this was to hold out while the Air Force moved in. They were to Carpet Bomb the whole city starting from the inner circle up till the NPC. The Movement forces lost a lot of men. Over a hundred were lost in the first attack while 12 tanks were destroyed. The Communist forces hadn't even lost one.

Twenty Five Minutes Later.....

The Movement had halted their advance. They had moved past block six and block five with ease. Block four and Block three were the most heavily guarded blocks and it did serve its purposes. The Communist forces lost a mere twelve men while the Movement lost a staggering one-hundred and seventy. The Air Force had finally moved in. The Movement forces were losing their ground when finally the F-22 moved in. This was a blessing. They were to Bomb Blocks Three to Block One. After which one hundred men would be dropped by air and kill the remaining troops in Block four.

The plot worked, Block four was the last defense bastion. Beijing was heavily guarded for land warfare air warfare defense was just coming into place. If China were to be invaded today the nation would fall like a pack of cards. Enough was enough. The Movement had lost four hundred men in less then an hour, but finally they broke through Block four and moved onward to the NPC. They would certainly be utter chaos around that area with the President and Premier running for their lives. Beijing was now nothing more then a concrete mess. They would be stuck. No roads in or no roads out. The government members wouldn't be able to move an inch.

OOC: To be continued .....

*Continuation*

The fighting had ceased. The soldiers moved on towards the NPC. In the distance they could see people running, government members, etc.. were all scattered. The Great Seal that was built on the building of the NPC had come crashing down. The Glass Seal was the biggest seal in China. It was made over four years and then brought on to the NPC. It looked brilliant even in its shattered state. But the soldiers moved on. The Royal guard was dead. Another set of troops were dropped in from the sky on top of the NPC. Or what remained. The Bombing had not gone as per plan. All of Beijing was in ruins. As they came towards the NPC, the soldiers would find a startling discovery! The Premier's house and the President's house were destroyed. Nothing left. The President and Premier were nowhere to be found. Those that survived were all tied up and moved to Jinan.

Keshav couldn't believe it. Beijing had fallen and the bodies of the President and Premier were not found. He had to declare the new state. That was that was left. It wasn't even six a.m. It was merely five-fifteen. He fell a sleep on his chair and so did everyone else. It was a tiring day. Tomorrow would be even more tiring. He took a nap, in the morning he was to announce the formation of a new state.

[center][b]Declaration of Articuno Islands[/b][/center]

Keshav, now stood strong. He was wearing a simple suit. The dais was created very quickly near the railway station in Baoji. The news of the destruction of the PRC government hadn't been known just yet. It was very early, seven a.m. Seven hours ago people slept as workers of the union. Today they wake up as citizens of a free nation. A nation whose birth lies the movement. Democracy will prevail, and this time China will be united for the people. Not for themselves. As a democratic nation. A true people's nation. He rose to the mic and spoke,

[i] Citizens of China! Hear me. Today I speak in the city where east meets west. Where all of China is connected. From Beijing, to Xining. Today I speak, as a Citizen of free China! No more are we shackled to chains by the mad men that ruled the People's Republic. Today we are free to forge our own destiny. Today we are free thinking humans once again. The People's Republic is no more. Here is proof your government has fallen [/i]

Pictures showing the ruined city of Beijing. The ruined city was filled with soldiers, soldiers wearing the PRC uniform, but they were not PRC soldiers. They were smiling. They were holding the PRC flag, but with a picture of this man in front of them. Above that, a were written the words freedom. The people were startled. Many of them did not know what had just happened. Many sat to listen some more,

[i]See for yourselves citizens. China was not a nation it was hell. It was where the devil sat. The people I show you the door to a new country. A new China. A China which is free. I declare a state of Democracy. As the one who has the control of the military, and what remains of the government, I pronounce the state of Articuno Islands.[/i]

Pictures were up again, each were videos this time. The military leaders swearing their allegiance to the new country. The various governors swore their allegiance to the new country. Not to the Keshav but to China. Their oath were to protect this nation. Keshav spoke once more,

[i]As you can see, we have the power to change our destiny. As of now I declare the formation of Articuno Islands as a state in this world. As of now, every land possession held by the former People's Republic of China will be maintained except for Liaoning. Liaoning is out of our sphere of influence. There is no point in restricting the people of Liaoning, when we cannot give it adequate care. As of now we declare that we are giving our possessions in Liaoning to the nation of Zargathia. Our trusted allies. Daqing Oil fields shall also be given to Zargathia. Keeping Daqing was wrong, it should have been given to the state of Zargathia the moment they formed. For that they have our apologies. All of South East Asia shall be given to Australia. It is out of our Sphere of Influence as well. The nation of Malaysia is returned to New South Wales. The rest of South East Asia shall be handed over to Australia. All of our documents relating to Liaoning, Daqing , South East Asia shall be handed over to the new owners. I also announce myself as Interim President. Elections shall start within a week of stabilizing our territorial possessions. [/i]

[i]We are also announcing our withdrawal from the Triple Entente and Zargathia MDP. We are in no position to support the wording of the treaty. We are in no possession for defending another nation without first stabilizing and growing ourselves. As of now the cancellation clauses are in effect. We shall be keeping the treaty of Hong Kong with France and the Eternal NAP with the UMS. We also declare neutrality. We shall not be aggressive in any of our policies. We shall also be keeping the military at a mere 15,000 soldiers. We shall declare war. WE shall not be the aggressors in any way. We shall do our best to stick to this policy. As of now all diplomatic missions of the former PRC shall be called back. The Chinese half of the Municipal Joint Council shall continue doing their work. These are our first decisions. These shall not be our last. I decree today May 21st, our Independence Day.[/i]

Saying that he stepped of the podium. He stepped of and not a single seat stirred. The people were surprised. Keshav moved with his soldiers into his vehicle and left for Jinan. He was then going to visit the western provinces and assess the damage to Beijing. He was also going to look at the Electoral Voting Machine Factory. They need to be ready within a week. Elections had to be held as fast as possible.

OOC: Yep, this is my transition to Botha Mode. This thread is also opened to comments it no more private.

Edited by Sir Keshav IV

The startling news shook the corridors of power in the Hill Palace, Foreign Ministry and Cochin Embassy in Beijing. The Cochin Ambassador hurriedly printed a letter from the King emailed by the Minister of External Affairs.

[quote]To:
The Head of State,
Articuno Islands

Greetings,
It is with immense surprise that we, in Cochin have learned about the events in your nation. Our nations have a long history of alliance, that alliance though strengthened at the level of government is also manifest at the level of people of our two nations.

Though it much grieves us, we reconcile to the fact that you seek to terminate your association with Triple Entente. We sincerely hope the Mutual Defense Pact we have signed between the nations, which led to the reconciliation after years of mutual distrust would not be rescinded. We hope that you do not cancel [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=76988&view=findpost&p=2067475"]The Treaty of Walayar[/url].

Yours Sincerely,

HH Kerala Varma,
The King of Cochin.[/quote]

The Chinese Ambassador, as surprised as Cochin was hurriedly replied,

[quote] To: The Kingdom of Cochin

I am personally shocked at these turn of events, but our new leaders seem to have good intentions. All the diplomatic missions were sent letters that all Mutual Defense treaties have been canceled. The Treaty of Walayar has sadly been canceled as well. What I can do is, ask if the Treaty of Walayar can continue existing without the Mutual Defense and Military Co-Operation articles. Is that possible? Also we wish for the cancellation clause in the Triple Entente to be waived. We cannot live by these agreements until we have stabilized.

Regards,

Deputy Ambassador to the Kingdom of Cochin,
Naveen Patnaik [/quote]

[quote]To: Articuno Islands

A Treaty of Walayar, even if reduced in scope from Mutual Defense to Non Aggression and Free Trade would be better than no diplomatic relation at all. The Kingdom shall facilitate the cancellation of your involvement in Triple Entente and shall communicate with Marscurian Pakistan and Madurastan on that regard shortly.

We sincerely hope that this change of government and diplomatic rethinking would not cause any estrangement in the bonhomie and friendship our nations and its people have enjoyed?

Yours Sincerely,

HH Kerala Varma,
The King of Cochin[/quote]

The Ambassador replied,

Then it shall be signed once we get our parliament organized. For now we shall observe the NAP clause of the treaty. The interim government has said that they would definitely improve relations with the Kingdom. They see the Kingdom of Cochin as a very trusted ally. They hope to win the new elections, after which we shall continue with full diplomatic relations.

Regards,

Deputy Ambassador Naveen Patnaik [/quote]

*** Secret / Secure ***

[quote]To: Articuno Islands

We would also like to confirm about the status of the [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=78839&view=findpost&p=2118620"]Qinghai Agreement[/url].

Yours,
KP Varma,
Minister of External Affairs,
Kingdom of Cochin[/quote]

*Secret*

The Qinghai agreement still exists. It has not been cancelled by the government yet. They feel they can provide adequate growth to the province and security. As such it has been decided to continue keeping the agreement.

Regards,

Deputy Ambassador Naveen Patnaik [/quote]

OOC: It's in my SoI ^_^

The coup had been recieved with surprise by the Madurastan Government. Their satellites could see the ruined streets in Bejing and the announcement of their withdrawal from the Triple Entente and the MDP agreement that they had with Madurastan was met with sadness.

[b]Private Communique[/b]

[quote]

To: Articuno Islands

We are somewhat surprised with the events taking place in your borders, but we are happy that your new government has turned to democracy. We will continue to maintain a friendly dialogue between our two nations and we acknowlegdge your intentions to withdraw from the Triple Entente and our MDP agreement that we had agreed. Good luck in the future.

Friendly Greetings,
President Sophie Brown.

[/quote]

Edited by Curristan

A message to the Articuno Islands

We thank you for the trust in us you have shown by releasing the state of Malaysia to our governance. You have our word that the citizens shall be treated with every freedom that citizens of New South Wales enjoy. While we understand and accept your new foreign policy position, we would like you to know that we remember the Articuno Islands of old, and we have always considered them friends.

[b]***Private***[/b]

The news not only threw Parliament and the Council for a loop...within the palace itself, pandemonium reigned. The though the reactions brought on by the pronouncement were decidedly mixed, they were apparent. Few were capable of hiding their shock, their sorrow, and on occasion, their glee.

While relations had steadily been improving with the Peaple's Republic, many had not forgotten the rather sour relations with China upon the creation of the Oceanic Union and the weeks immediately following.

But whether viewed in a good or bad light...it was with some degree of shock that all Australians in a position of authority reacted to the news that the Queendom now had territory in South East Asia.

"What transpired to make them believe we were the most capable of handling this territory?"

"Well...we have held pieces of the Mainland before, before the Unification," Daniel Jackson reminded Valeria Sangral. "And this might actually be a way to focus our people on something other than the issues concerning the Pacific War."

----

"All the times I looked to the north and wished the see the fall of the Chinese Republic..." Hannah mused to Anthony, "the times when we held each other back from an intent to declare war...and an internal force brings them down." She wore an expression somewhere between a smirk and a regretful smile--no doubt wishing she could have played a part in their downfall.

Almost ironic, Anthony considered, a brief thought of the concept of Karma passing through his mind. But the thought was only passing.

"Very well," Hannah continued. "15,000 troops should be more than sufficient to keep those regions under law and order."

[quote name="Hannah Asgeirsson"]
To Whom It May Concern
Articuno Islands

Very well. You wish these lands to be under Australian protection. Please maintain law and order until Australian troops can arrive in sufficient numbers to perform these vital tasks.

However, let it be known here and now that Australia will not, under any circumstances, allow the land to become fully part of our nation. We do not need more land. It will, instead, be held in protectorate status until such a time as the native peoples indicate a desire for independence."
[/quote]
She deliberately left out the fact that if she did try to annex it, not only would Australia have some unhappy neighbors...she would be creating more trouble at home, trouble she did not need. And trouble the world need not know about.

----

[b]***Public***[/b]

The troops would begin to arrive over the course of a month in the regions that had been handed over to the Queendom, slowly taking over from the Articunans who would be withdrawing at the same rate. Here there was no hesitation...the people had asked for protection, and no one among the troops sent, Western or Hanseatic, had any issue with carrying out this wish. Though not a few were undoubtedly confused as to why the Queendom had been asked to watch these lands.

"Seeing as the people of this region have asked for our protection, the Queendom has an obligation...a duty, to comply with this request. However, let it be known, whatever their desires, they will not be permitted to formally become an integrated Duchy of Australia, but will be merely kept under our stable hand until they have the ability to run themselves once more."

~Hannah Asgeirsson

• 2 weeks later...

A letter was delivered to the headquarters of the new government. The seal on the back marked the sender as Zargathian Royalty.

[quote]Greetings,

First off, we would like to wish you good fortune in governing the Articuno Islands. I must offer my apologies for this late reply. Though the problems with out communications infrastructure are by time of writing solved, the matter of network security still persists. It will serve as a reminder for myself not to attempt to change too much at once.

We are indeed grateful for seeing Daqing and Liaoning become a part of our nation, and given that there is precedence from when Inner Mongolia became Zargathian we do not expect any major problems to appear in the conversion phase that we cannot handle. We are however also saddened that this has come at the cost of our MDP. Would there be a possibility to downgrade it to an NAP rather than to cancel it entirely?

Good luck,

HRH Amyante Tojimaru
Queen of Zargathia[/quote]