Imperial Decree from the New Pacific Order

[quote name='ShinRa' date='20 May 2010 - 11:33 AM' timestamp='1274351589' post='2304851']
Please explain. [/oblivious]

All it will do is result in the Pacificans being in charge again and turning Bob into their personal empire. It will only be interesting and exciting for those who choose to submit to them and enjoy one sided curb stomp wars.

[b]That is unless they're quickly wiped out and destroyed before abusing the MDP web again.[/b]
[/quote]

You are welcome to start them off :awesome: . Do what you preach Shinra, dont expect others to fight for you. We are the scum of human race? Well you are very welcome to get rid of us before we start [b]abusing[/b] the MDP web.

Edited by silentkiller

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='ShinRa' date='20 May 2010 - 01:33 PM' timestamp='1274351589' post='2304851']
All it will do is result in the Pacificans being in charge again and turning Bob into their personal empire. It will only be interesting and exciting for those who choose to submit to them and enjoy one sided curb stomp wars.
[/quote]

Yea, because large conflicts that took place while we were under terms were so balanced, a true testament of sportsmanship :rolleyes:

Where do you come up with these things, I mean, really?

[quote name='silentkiller' date='20 May 2010 - 05:36 AM' timestamp='1274351757' post='2304855']
you are welcome to start them off :awesome: . Do what you preach Shinra, dont expect others to fight for you. We are the scum of human race? Well you are very welcome to get rid of us before we start [b]abusing[/b] the MDP web.
[/quote]
In Shinra's defense, he's fought plenty against you guys.

[quote name='Earogema' date='20 May 2010 - 09:23 PM' timestamp='1274351020' post='2304842']
Hm, 600+ members with one of the higher NS totals already.

I suppose they'll just be more of you to beat back down :awesome:

In all seriousness, I'd like to see where the NPO goes from here.
[/quote]
[quote name='Cataduanes' date='20 May 2010 - 09:24 PM' timestamp='1274351034' post='2304843']
Sincere congratz Pacifica.
[/quote]
[quote name='aaannndddyyy' date='20 May 2010 - 09:35 PM' timestamp='1274351709' post='2304853']
Congratulations Pacifica B-)
[/quote]
Thanks guys, much appreciated.

[quote=Voodoo Nova]Attacking the enemy when he is weak is good strategy and an ally network is there to ensure victory. That's working to win.[/quote]

But it is both cowardly and dishonest. Once or twice in attacking a weak enemy I could understand, but not constantly. Nor can I forgive constantly fighting far weaker alliances who would be unable to put up a decent fight even at full strength.

And there is a difference between having an a network of alliances and having half the game hold down an enemy while Pacifica kicks them in the nuts.

[quote name='ShinRa' date='20 May 2010 - 12:38 PM' timestamp='1274351891' post='2304859']
But it is both cowardly and dishonest. Once or twice in attacking a weak enemy I could understand, but not constantly. Nor can I forgive constantly fighting far weaker alliances who would be unable to put up a decent fight even at full strength.

And there is a difference between having an a network of alliances and having half the game hold down an enemy while Pacifica kicks them in the nuts.
[/quote]
Was that all that was bothering you, or is there more that's bothering you? Be a big man, out with it. Better to say it all at once then let it go dark inside your heart.

/me huggles ShinRa to comfort him.

[quote name='Weirdgus' date='20 May 2010 - 11:37 AM' timestamp='1274351817' post='2304856']
Yea, because large conflicts that took place while we were under terms were so balanced, a true testament of sportsmanship :rolleyes:

Where do you come up with these things, I mean, really?
[/quote]

No, but they never resulted in crimes like you trying to totally wipe out FAN for two years or hijacking the governments of other alliances.

Mostly by looking at your members and actions, then choosing the exact opposite path.

[quote name='ShinRa' date='20 May 2010 - 11:38 AM' timestamp='1274351891' post='2304859']

[/quote]

Are you still sore over GATO. You realise that GATO is the only alliance that actually had a treaty with us throught out the terms? Ever consider that you might be in the wrong alliance? Get over yourself and your petty grudges. Now that we are not under the protection of 15 alliances, I again invite you to "[b]get rid of the scum of the human race[/b]". SOmething tells me you won't though. What is that they say? You can talk the talk, but can you walk the walk? I guess we know the answer to that one don't we? :v:

Edit: LoTP, I see on more huggle out of you and it's off to the Gulags with you. You damn hippie :mad:

Edited by silentkiller

[quote name='ShinRa' date='20 May 2010 - 06:38 AM' timestamp='1274351891' post='2304859']

[/quote]

It's hardly cowardly and dishonest. It's how you win. As to the network, having the ability to have half the game on your side is good diplomacy.

[quote name='silentkiller' date='20 May 2010 - 11:42 AM' timestamp='1274352127' post='2304864']
Are you still sore over GATO. You realise that GATO is the only alliance that actually had a treaty with us throught out the terms? Ever consider that you might be in the wrong alliance? Get over yourself and your petty grudges. Now that we are not under the protection of 15 alliances, I again invite you to "[b]get rid of the scum of the human race[/b]". SOmething tells me you won't though. What is that they say? You can talk the talk, but can you walk the walk? I guess we know the answer to that one don't we? :v:
[/quote]

What I am sore about is that you have not learnt a single thing nor have you showed any sign of improvement towards the treatment of your former enemies.

Nor have you showed any sign of changing for the better.

[quote]It's hardly cowardly and dishonest. It's how you win. As to the network, having the ability to have half the game on your side is good diplomacy[/quote]

Winning is not everything. An alliance like the NPO at the height of its power attacking a small alliance less than half its size has no challenge to it, nor is there anything to be gained from fighting them besides destroying someone who was never a threat to the NPO to begin with.

And simply because you have half the game on your side does not mean you have to bring them into every single war you have. Esepcially the ones which do not require them. Sending half the game against somone you stand a chance of fighting and winning against alone it simply makes you look like a coward or a bully who requires his cronies to beat someone up.

Edited by ShinRa

[quote name='ShinRa' date='20 May 2010 - 11:33 AM' timestamp='1274351589' post='2304851']
Please explain. [/oblivious]
[/quote]

The mass injection of cash into an economy would normally lead to inflation, but the simultaneous withdrawal of hard assets such as technology leads to a reduction in total tangible assets. The widening gap between assets and wealth leads to excess wealth being poured into the capital markets, where it typically leads to malinvestment (which is also aided by the aforementioned inflation, which gives the illusion of high returns and leads to price bubbles). It is simple to highlight the form this malivestment takes; by being forced to send out tech, high-ns nations would have to spend the cash on unprofitable investments in more technology and infrastructure. In combination with the bubbles, the excess capital will lead to a mass availability of "quick cash" at a low interest rate. In the absence of a construct that would artificially maintain the price of cash at a stable level via interest rate hikes, this "quick cash" will lead to a mass increase in debt, and will further reinforce the malinvestment bubbles (as money can be borrowed cheaply, and thus a lower return is needed to make a profit on a leveraged investment). You will then have an ever increasing amount of liabilities backed up by mispriced and insufficient assets. In order to stave off the financial troubles, alliance nations would seek to deny having money shoved down their throat en masse but; being unable to do so, would have to either collapse as mobs burn government and financial institutions, or leave the alliance alltogether.

[quote name='ShinRa' date='20 May 2010 - 05:44 AM' timestamp='1274352229' post='2304866']
What I am sore about is that you have not learnt a single thing nor have you showed any sign of improvement towards the treatment of your former enemies.

[/quote]

We send them a lot of tech and money. What else should have we done?

[quote name='ShinRa' date='20 May 2010 - 11:44 AM' timestamp='1274352229' post='2304866']

[/quote]

But that would mean we won't have you as our hater, and that would make the entire Planet Bob experience that much duller. We can't have that now can we? :ph34r:

[quote name='ShinRa' date='20 May 2010 - 01:44 PM' timestamp='1274352229' post='2304866']

[/quote]

Oh man, I'm so sorry we couldn't make you feel happy in the way that we act, what will I ever do now? :(

That is unless they're quickly wiped out and destroyed before abusing the MDP web again.
[/quote]

Can you attempt to wipe us out and destroy us without abusing the MDP web again?

[quote name='ShinRa' date='20 May 2010 - 09:38 PM' timestamp='1274351891' post='2304859']

[/quote]
Dishonest? I don't see how that could possibly be construed as dishonest.

I can see your argument about weaker enemies, but that is hardly our fault. For a long time in our past we were the strongest alliance. Attacking [i]anyone[/i] would have been attacking somebody weaker. If an alliance acts aggressively towards us, are we supposed to say 'Oh, its ok, you're small, you just keep right on doing what you're doing buddy'. Every alliance has the right of self-defense. Perhaps you have an issue with how that used that right in practice, but that's not what you said.

We hardly had half the world holding down our enemies, we deployed a large enough force to defeat the opposition. We could have deployed far more had we chosen, in most cases. If you want to have a discussion, it would be helpful if you could refrain from speaking in hyperbole.

[quote name='silentkiller' date='20 May 2010 - 11:45 AM' timestamp='1274352327' post='2304871']
But that would mean we won't have you as our hater, and that would make the entire Planet Bob experience that much duller. We can't have that now can we? :ph34r:
[/quote]

Prove it. You cannot know something until you have tried it for yourself.

[quote name='Letum' date='20 May 2010 - 11:46 AM' timestamp='1274352379' post='2304873']
Can you attempt to wipe us out and destroy us without abusing the MDP web again?
[/quote]

To that you already know the answer. If one nation could win against six hundred then you would have been beaten and destroyed a long time ago.

[quote name='Weirdgus' date='20 May 2010 - 11:46 AM' timestamp='1274352375' post='2304872']
Oh man, I'm so sorry we couldn't make you feel happy in the way that we act, what will I ever do now? :(
[/quote]

You could always try to be a better person. Or try to improve Pacifica.

[quote name='koona' date='20 May 2010 - 11:45 AM' timestamp='1274352320' post='2304870']
We send them a lot of tech and money. What else should have we done?
[/quote]

Treated them better. Not hijacked their forums, banned their members without reason or turn their entire alliances into massive tech farms to increase your own power under the guise of rebuilding.

Or how about only punishing those members who acted against you in place of the entire alliance.

Edited by ShinRa

[quote name='LJ Scott' date='20 May 2010 - 09:48 PM' timestamp='1274352493' post='2304875']
Such a solid power base with NATO and co. :v:
[/quote]
We are happy with our FA choices. All our allies are solid and reliable. We know we can depend on them, and we will burn for them if necessary.

[quote name='ShinRa' date='20 May 2010 - 11:54 AM' timestamp='1274352845' post='2304881']
To that you already know the answer. If one nation could win against six hundred then you would have been beaten and destroyed a long time ago.
[/quote]

So, if you had 600 war slots and an invincible army, how would you go about it?

[quote]We rely on you
Evil one to rail against
Meddle, plot and stir [/quote]
Well done haiku, sir
Pacifica on the rise
Haters gonna hate

Good to see you free from your terms, Pacificans, if only for your renewed presence in Digiterra's foreign affairs.

Edited by Yevgeni Luchenkov

[quote name='Letum' date='20 May 2010 - 11:56 AM' timestamp='1274352990' post='2304884']
So, if you had 600 war slots and an invincible army, how would you go about it?
[/quote]

With those particular advantages; make your alliance not worth allying with and force you to change and improve.

Or a more likely simply use it to keep you in line and fight your wars on your own for once. Make sure you do your own dirty work rather than using your allies do everything for you.

Edited by ShinRa

[quote name='ShinRa' date='20 May 2010 - 12:00 PM' timestamp='1274353216' post='2304889']
With those particular advantages; make your alliance not worth allying with and force you to change and improve.
[/quote]

While I am flattered at your declaration that you currently consider us worth allying with, I do not think the feeling is reciprocated towards your 600 slot army.