Party in the USA

Californian

Interim President Ty Eyvindsson looked out his window as the plane slowly descended into the metropolis of Washington DC. Only months ago it had been Washington FD, home of a corrupt regime which had brutally tortured and murdered Northern Republic citizens, a memory still fresh in Eyvindsson's mind. Even more, he remembered the Northern Republic president authorizing the missile strike on FD and today Ty gazed out, taking in just how effective the missiles had been. Craters seemed to be everywhere, though they seemed crowded with the construction going on all around. The construction provided Eyvindsson with hope, of a city that was moving forward from its dark past. He too wondered if the USA was able to move on from the bleak history of the FSA.

The standard luxury jet filled with the usual entourage of aides and officials slowly landed and came to a stop after taxiing off the runway. The door automatically opened and stairs slid down, gently touching the ground. A split second later, Ty Eyvindsson walked down the steps, eager to meet the waiting officials, his new neighbors.

President Caudill was waiting on the tarmac along with other leading offiicials to greet the delegation.

"Good day President Eyvindsson, hope they inbound flight wasn't too bumpy. Please don't mind the construction.. the white house is already cleaned up thankfully.. it was our first priority. Welcome to the U.S. Come, we've got a Limo waiting for us. And if you're worried about history.. don't.. the people here don't even want to remember the blips that were the failed states of the past. It is time we were as we once were.. strong.. and proud. Yet at the same time, with perhaps a touch enough humility to keep the rest of the world from seeking our demise. I hope the day finds you in good health and your family also." President Caudill offered to shake his hand. "By the way, if there are any requests along the way, just ask an aide and they'll try to procure what we can." He nodded.

For a moment the black haired, but graying older gentleman unconsciously tugged at the collar of his shirt. Cloudy blue-grey eyes sparkled a bit in the afternoon light. There were some facets of the role of head of state he'd not be comfortable with.. notably.. tight collars on business suits when he immensely preferred his General's Uniform.

Washington was cool today for late spring. A pleasant 75 degrees. It wouldn't be long til the thermometer would be glancing off the 80s regularly. The wind coming across the Potomac kept the airport runway a bit breezy as the Presidential limo pulled around to pick up the delegation.

It was apparent all the ancient monuments of the fallen super power were being reconstructed from whatever prior state they had come to find themselves in. It gave the people something to do, keep the economy moving, kept everyone hopeful and eyes forward on the future ahead. Marble facades were being reconstructed all around them from the Lincoln Memorial to the Jefferson Memorial.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

[i]"I am most excellent, thank you very much. And thank you for your offer of hospitality."[/i] Eyvindsson shook the man's hand and was genuinely happy to hear Caudill's response. The less connections with the FSA, the better, he thought to himself. After the formalities were done with he stepped into the limousine, driving through the city to their meeting. As he glanced outside, looking at all the old monuments which were being repaired. He felt a tinge of guilt, knowing that he worked for the government which had authorized all this devastation, the devastation of these priceless landmarks. He felt a little better, however, knowing that the White House had been completely repaired. Last he had heard, the building had been completely flattened.

At last the limo stopped and Eyvindsson got out, walking alongside his counterpart to where their meeting was to be held. After getting comfortable, he looked at the other man and began. [i]"It seems that we are ready to start our meeting. What exactly were you hoping to discuss?"[/i]

"Well, we share a mutual heritage. Our people, many of them, come from the same family trees, share the same values. We have had many failed governments attempt to shape and craft this land only leading to its destruction. The people here.. we're tired of all that. We wish to restore a sense of unity to this continent.. and to go back to the values which we once held so dear. Your nation constitutes many of the former States of the United States.. in a sense.. we see you as our brothers and sisters despite 2 generations of turmoil. We want to be as close as we can again.. without leaving Atlantis uncomfortable. At this time you are probably being updated, or aware, of the fact that the United States has been in the process of signing a multitude of treaties with powers around the world.. but most notably.. we're trying to get treaties with all of our neighbors hear at home.. and to restore to all protectorate regions which are not governed in the former United States a functional federal entity."

"We were wondering if we could count on your support.. and ask if you would have an interest in the signing of a similar treaty?" He stood before his seat in the oval office and gestured politely in front of the desk, offering President Eyvindsson the chair before him.. then slowly took a seat in the comfortable leather seating. He reached down into a cabinet.. pulled out a bottle of cognac and poured himself a small glass of it on ice. "Would you like anything to drink? Wines.. liquors.. sodas?"

[i]"Promoting peaceful relations with neighbors brings prosperity to the continent and we are indeed glad to see the USA begin good relations with so many nations at such a young age."

"As a neighbor we certainly do not want to be on bad terms and I would be more than willing to sign a non-aggression and economic pact at this point in time. I know you probably expected more but with the Dream cult and tensions with New York and the Great Lakes Provinces I would prefer to be acquainted with your nation before just diving headfirst into something more binding."

"I'll also take some whiskey if you have it, thank you" [/i]Eyvindsson told the US president after he had finished his talking.

Williams poured the man a glass of Cognac over ice and nodded, "We understand your sentiments and concerns. If that's what you're comfortable with that's what we shall do. I understand to degree why the Great Lakes States are upset, but their government abandoned their people and the people of Michigan are not quick to forget the chaos that ensued.. and that's why they have made the choices they have and I simply do not have the power to over-ride the bond they have created by law or our Constitution. As for New York. I'm not sure what's up with them. We have nothing against them.. and no interest in seizing their domain in the slightest or any hostility towards them. In fact I'd rather be in treaty with them as well if it weren't for the fact they seem to be demonstrating some kind of emotional instability in their leadership."

"You know. I'm thinking I need to ween myself from French Drink.. the French.. are behaving a bit.. iffy of late. Anyhow, my diplomatic department has a template for a non-aggression, economic, and extradition pact. If these meet your approval all we need is your signatures. Congress has pre-approved for me any relations with your state up to a defense pact." He nodded and an aid came forward laying the document before President Eyvindsson for his review and a pair of reading glasses in case he need them though the font was standard 12 point times new roman.

[quote name="Americans for Peace"]

[center][img]http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/3503/atlantisb.png[/img] & [img]http://www.rallyroundtheflag.org/images/old-glory-01.jpg[/img][/center]

1. Neither signatory of this document will engage in military activity of any form against the other.

2. Both signatories agree to adhere to free trade practices, the elimination of quotas, and the minimization of tariffs, preferably 5% or below on any particular product import.

3. Both signatories agree to share intelligence concerning any threat to their sovereignty with the other.

4. Both signatories agree to link up early warning systems including radar to better protect each nation from attack.

5. In the event a criminal flees to either state, the criminal will be subject to immediate extradition to the jurisdiction in which the crime was perpetrated.

6. This treaty will be reviewed in three years (ooc: 3 months) time for a possible upgrade.

William Caudill,
President of the United States,
As ratified by Congress

Ty Eyvindsson
President of the Atlantic States

[/quote]

Eyvindsson quickly browsed the treaty, nodding in approval. [i]"This is certainly acceptable, however would it also be possible to add '6. This treaty will be reviewed in three years (ooc: 3 months) time for a possible upgrade'?"[/i]

"Sure.. I think that goes without saying though that over time we shall re-approach our relations." Caudill nodded.

The Diplomatic officer took the paper back to the back office and a reprint was done with the line requested added. (Updating treaty post).

"Alright, now all we need tis your signature." Caudill took a sip of his Cognac.

"Sorry we are still building and restructuring our new nation, so I must get back to Atlantis. Thank you very much for your hospitality and I hope we will be able to further strengthen our relations over the upcoming months."