Cup of Nations I

Michael McBride

[b]Through Loss Comes Gain[/b]

Just by tying the game, the Carthaginian team seemed to win. By reaching the finals despite the turmoil of their home, they had succeeded in their goal. During penalty kicks, each Carthaginian team member was off widely but grins were on their faces. When Denmark won by kicks, the team stood and applauded their opponents and seemed to celebrate with them. A loss was a win. Better news awaited the team, however, as they left the pitch. While technically they represented Carthage in the tournament, they had renounced their citizenship and by the end of the tournament were now exiles. There was technically no owner - until now. Arturo Chavez, Kuutsmil's Secretary of Foreign Affairs, purchased the team for $4,000,000.

The new team, the Kuutsmil Maya, left on a plane to Kuutsmil to become citizens of their new home.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"We'll do better next time, I'm sure of that."

OOC:
>>GDR – FC St. Pauli (2.5)
The St. Pauli is in Hamburg. I don't even own Hamburg, lol. FC Bayern München? SC Freiburg? 1. FC Nürnberg? VfB Stuttgart? Any of those available?
Unless the St. Pauli is the best according to that game. :v:

[quote name='Lynneth' date='03 June 2010 - 10:37 PM' timestamp='1275619061' post='2322953']
"We'll do better next time, I'm sure of that."

OOC:
>>GDR – FC St. Pauli (2.5)
The St. Pauli is in Hamburg. I don't even own Hamburg, lol. FC Bayern München? SC Freiburg? 1. FC Nürnberg? VfB Stuttgart? Any of those available?
Unless the St. Pauli is the best according to that game. :v:
[/quote]

OOC: I just picked a team from the German professional league. I mean, the PRC had a Korean team... it wasn't always exact.

[quote name='Pravus Ingruo' date='04 June 2010 - 04:43 AM' timestamp='1275619402' post='2322968']
OOC: I just picked a team from the German professional league. I mean, the PRC had a Korean team... it wasn't always exact.
[/quote]
OOC: Lol, kay. But, if possible and if you feel like it, please use the FC Bayern next time. Thanks.

Otherwise, it was fun reading this stuff.

[quote name='Lynneth' date='03 June 2010 - 10:47 PM' timestamp='1275619635' post='2322979']
OOC: Lol, kay. But, if possible and if you feel like it, please use the FC Bayern next time. Thanks.

Otherwise, it was fun reading this stuff.
[/quote]

OOC: People don't request teams, lol. They are chosen randomly as their teams get stronger and such. Once teams get stronger, I'll have to move away from regional stuff to get even matches.

OOC: SMH, FC Seoul? I dont know what these team assignments are based on, but surely you could assign me a team that is ICly in my own territory? Perhaps you could rename the team I represent as Viva Kerala FC? That is one of the clubs which I plan to RP as part of my soon to start internal football league.

OOC: Wow, if you guys aren't all the most ungrateful group of $%&@s I've ever seen. FIFA '10 doesn't have every team in the world. There's no Russian league that I'm aware of, nor is there any Indian league. I tried my best to go based on geographic region. At that point, teams were chosen randomly, a.k.a. closing my eyes and holding down the stick and then stopping it, opening my eyes, and writing down the team it was on. It was random. No one was assigned a better team based on how much I liked them, whatever. Botha was the only one who's team was set. And you can complain all you want about your team, KingChris, but Sarah got a team rated the same as you and made it into the knockout round. So quit your !@#$%*ing. It was all based on matchups and luck as to how your teams did in the simulations. I didn't control anything. I mean, $%&@. Not even one !@#$@#$ thank you? To hell with all of you, all you do is !@#$%* and complain.

The next tournament, if I decide I want to put up with the incessant, whining !@#$%*ing of the hormonal little girls who obviously populate this game, will probably be in a few weeks.

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' date='05 June 2010 - 02:48 AM' timestamp='1275702508' post='2323983']
OOC: If it's out of any consolation SMH, those whiny hormonal girls can be controlled with a little bit of chocolate and sweet talking.
[/quote]

OOC: Just be sure to wrap it up with a few roses and a pink box and we're sold. Also, Reese's helps, just avoid Mounds at all costs.

[quote name='Pravus Ingruo' date='04 June 2010 - 07:40 PM' timestamp='1275702005' post='2323979']
OOC: Wow, if you guys aren't all the most ungrateful group of $%&@s I've ever seen. FIFA '10 doesn't have every team in the world. There's no Russian league that I'm aware of, nor is there any Indian league. I tried my best to go based on geographic region. At that point, teams were chosen randomly, a.k.a. closing my eyes and holding down the stick and then stopping it, opening my eyes, and writing down the team it was on. It was random. No one was assigned a better team based on how much I liked them, whatever. Botha was the only one who's team was set. And you can complain all you want about your team, KingChris, but Sarah got a team rated the same as you and made it into the knockout round. So quit your !@#$%*ing. It was all based on matchups and luck as to how your teams did in the simulations. I didn't control anything. I mean, $%&@. Not even one !@#$@#$ thank you? To hell with all of you, all you do is !@#$%* and complain.

The next tournament, if I decide I want to put up with the incessant, whining !@#$%*ing of the hormonal little girls who obviously populate this game, will probably be in a few weeks.
[/quote]
OOC: Dude, calm down, I didn't even take part, I was just saying I would [i]like[/i] to play as FC Zenith, I didn't say "OMG MAKE ME FC ZENITH RIGHT NAO".

[quote name='Pravus Ingruo' date='04 June 2010 - 08:40 PM' timestamp='1275702005' post='2323979']
OOC:And you can complain all you want about your team, KingChris, but Sarah got a team rated the same as you and made it into the knockout round. So quit your !@#$%*ing. It was all based on matchups and luck as to how your teams did in the simulations. I didn't control anything. I mean, $%&@. Not even one !@#$@#$ thank you? To hell with all of you, all you do is !@#$%* and complain.
[/quote]
OOC: Jeez man, calm down. I was just pointing out the fact that I had more experience in soccer than some other players; I wasn't going to spaz out on how my team did. In fact, considering how I did in the latest Transvaal Cup, I'm pretty happy with my results.

[center][img]http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/4412/denmarkeuropeanchampion.jpg[/img]

"After a well fought match between Denmark and Carthage, we have finally won the first Cup of Nations! Never has there been such a roller-coaster of emotions during this competition for the Danish nation. From the near-extinction of our campaign with poor results to start with to the blazing form which invigorated the team to get their act together and win it for the nation. We have proven to the world that we, the nation of Denmark, have what it takes on to be giant-killers. It is a shame that Carthage did not win as they played with grace yet as has been proven many times, penalties are where the true test lies. Anyway, I believe it is time for the team to return to Denmark and be greeted by the populace as Champions of the World!

[img]http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/128/denmark1992.jpg[/img]

OOC: Pravus, you really have done a good job at RPing this competition and I wouldn't listen to the jibes directed towards you by specific members of the community. I wish to thank you for hosting this competition and I hope you shall set up another one as really, I have definitely enjoyed myself. Maybe next time, the enjoyment that both I and you will get from this will be raised to eleven.[/center]

Edited by Franz Ferdinand

OOC: Ignore them SMH, you did good and there is no reason to complain. Hope you'll organize one again.

IC:

"While we could have done better I am still happy that we managed to obtain a reasonable position and hope the next cup will have a winner residing in Athens."

Sad at their less than stellar performance, but satisfied that they did not face a total disaster the Cochin National Team returned to their homes.

OOC: SMH, thanks for clarifying. I had not realized that you were assigning only RL clubs. Anyway looking forward to the next season.

[quote name='Pravus Ingruo' date='03 June 2010 - 06:49 PM' timestamp='1275616159' post='2322897']Transvaal – South Africa National Team (3.5)[/quote]

[color="#000080"]Wow, I'm actually quite surprised I did as well as I did considering Bafana Bafana hasn't been doing that well.

Anyways, good tournament and I liked all the effort you put into it. [/color]

Edited by Botha

While Louisiana did not win the tournament, we are happy with our boy's performance, especially considering they were competing while their homeland was in a state of war. The lessons learned in this tournament will be applied to the team's newly designed training schedule so that, perhaps, next tournament the Bayou Boys can take the trophy back to Alexandria, Louisiana so it can be displayed in the Chancellor's residence.

OOC: Cheers, SMH, I enjoyed all the work you put into the tournament.

[quote name='Pravus Ingruo' date='04 June 2010 - 08:40 PM' timestamp='1275702005' post='2323979']
OOC:The next tournament, if I decide I want to put up with the incessant, whining !@#$%*ing of the hormonal little girls who obviously populate this game, will probably be in a few weeks.
[/quote]