Unbelievable Recruitment - Facepunch Alliance

SirDog

[quote name='admin' date='17 May 2010 - 06:51 PM' timestamp='1274143862' post='2301720']
It is very impressive. [s]I made a [url="http://www.pyrisoft.com/Thread-Hello-from-the-Cyber-Nations-Admin"]post[/url] on their alliance forums welcoming them and encouraging them to get active here on these forums.

Now to all the other alliances out there, don't be jealous that I posted on their forums and not on yours. I figured Facepunch could use all the encouraging they can get while they are new and trying to organize themselves. Plus I just love them more. :P[/s]

Well it looks they deleted their forums and started a new one. I'm not going to register and do that all over again.
[/quote]

Hello,

I run the new forums of the FPA, and was also elected to become their first Secretary of Defense. I sincerely apologize for that incident, since the person who was originally in charge of our website was an incompetent, mentally deficient tyrant. He "accidentally" deleted one of the sections a day or so in, losing lots of vital data. A day later, and after an episode of complaining and trying to consolidate his power, he shut down the entire alliance forums (because we didn't give it to him). But by then, we already were finished with the new forum, with all of the previous post and user data. We converted the database from his lousy "MyBB" software to vBulletin, but the passwords had to be reset manually. So there is a slight chance that the data can be recovered.

I don't think I am allowed to post the link to the new forum in a post such as this one, but it will be in my forum profile on here. If you message me your old username, I will have the password reset and you will then have access to our forum again. We try to stay away from the thread on "facepunch.com", making the alliance website our primary communication center. (Other than #facepunch, and private irc channels)

Edited by Syn

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Syn' date='21 May 2010 - 05:54 AM' timestamp='1274439229' post='2306750']
Hello,

I run the new forums of the FPA, and was also elected to become their first Secretary of Defense. I sincerely apologize for that incident, since the person who was originally in charge of our website was an incompetent, mentally deficient tyrant.
[/quote]
As someone whose forums used to be owned by a mentally deficient tyrant I can sympathize completely. Glad to see your new forums are doing better.

[quote name='Sardonic' date='21 May 2010 - 08:36 AM' timestamp='1274448992' post='2306855']
As someone whose forums used to be owned by a mentally deficient tyrant I can sympathize completely. Glad to see your new forums are doing better.
[/quote]

Who truly cannot sympathize with such wrong doing, you must be scarred.

[quote name='Syn' date='21 May 2010 - 08:54 PM' timestamp='1274439229' post='2306750']
Hello,

I run the new forums of the FPA, and was also elected to become their first Secretary of Defense. I sincerely apologize for that incident, since the person who was originally in charge of our website was an incompetent, mentally deficient tyrant. He "accidentally" deleted one of the sections a day or so in, losing lots of vital data. A day later, and after an episode of complaining and trying to consolidate his power, he shut down the entire alliance forums (because we didn't give it to him). But by then, we already were finished with the new forum, with all of the previous post and user data. We converted the database from his lousy "MyBB" software to vBulletin, but the passwords had to be reset manually. So there is a slight chance that the data can be recovered.

I don't think I am allowed to post the link to the new forum in a post such as this one, but it will be in my forum profile on here. If you message me your old username, I will have the password reset and you will then have access to our forum again. We try to stay away from the thread on "facepunch.com", making the alliance website our primary communication center. (Other than #facepunch, and private irc channels)
[/quote]
I don't see any reason why you can not post links to your forum here, unless you desire to keep it semi-private for now. Glad to hear you forums are not run by a moron any more as well.

Regardless, welcome to Cybernations, I hope you all enjoy the game and stay for a long time. Once you settle in and are comfortable (if you are not already), I'm sure most alliances would love to send some representitives over to your forums and open embassies, or accept facepunch diplomats to their own forums.

[quote]Jarheads got stepped on by the then two largest alliances in the game as soon as they were founded.[/quote]
To be fair, they [i]were[/i] planning on abusing our resources and protection, and then betraying us and attacking our forums (which they did anyway...) so it's not exactly like it wasn't deserved. Granted there were a lot of smaller people just following some idiots, but a lot were just following their favourite youtuber and didn't care much about what they were doing, being used for, or for CN in general. Also from memory they lasted about a month from first contact until we attacked them, and they were already losing vast numbers to inactivity deletions.

[quote name='Shan Revan' date='21 May 2010 - 01:57 PM' timestamp='1274464634' post='2307081']
To be fair, they [i]were[/i] planning on abusing our resources and protection, and then betraying us and attacking our forums (which they did anyway...) so it's not exactly like it wasn't deserved. Granted there were a lot of smaller people just following some idiots, but a lot were just following their favourite youtuber and didn't care much about what they were doing, being used for, or for CN in general. Also from memory they lasted about a month from first contact until we attacked them, and they were already losing vast numbers to inactivity deletions.
[/quote]
I wasn't saying you were wrong, just pointing out there are reasons why Jarheads failed that don't necessarily apply to Facepunch. The fact that they were Youtube fans rather than a real offsite community being another one of those reasons.

[quote name='Shan Revan' date='21 May 2010 - 12:57 PM' timestamp='1274464634' post='2307081']
I don't see any reason why you can not post links to your forum here, unless you desire to keep it semi-private for now. Glad to hear you forums are not run by a moron any more as well.
[/quote]

ever here of google?

[quote name='theArrowheadian' date='22 May 2010 - 04:57 AM' timestamp='1274468258' post='2307135']
ever here of google?
[/quote]
Or more simply, read his post, it does say it's in his profile on these forums (which it is). I am aware however that there are plenty of communities out there who find it impolite to directly post offsite forum links etc on a website. I am not aware of Facepunch's stance on this on their home forum so I was merely addressing the possibility given his reservation to post it directly.

Also Delta, agreed.

The overwhelming majority of FP have not collected taxes since they started and I assume that they don't know about sledding. A month from now there won't be many left if I'm right.

[quote name='Ungern' date='22 May 2010 - 11:58 AM' timestamp='1274551073' post='2308175']
The overwhelming majority of FP have not collected taxes since they started and I assume that they don't know about sledding. A month from now there won't be many left if I'm right.
[/quote]
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/t4z6mu.jpg[/IMG]

Yeah, man, you were right. We're done for.

(also: nice speculation there, broski mcbroski)

Edited by Syn

Haha, I came in when most of the old CSNers came in from their SC clan site. It would be interesting if the guy who does llamas with hats or Charlie the Unicorn made videos similar to the jarheads one. lol

Edit: Also [quote]My nation is in Anarchy and it is still to young to delete it. What do I do? [/quote] :lol1:

Edited by James IV

[quote name='Syn' date='22 May 2010 - 02:32 PM' timestamp='1274560358' post='2308337']
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/t4z6mu.jpg[/IMG]
[/quote]
Yes, that's a nice chart. It doesn't have anything to do with anything, but I appreciate it anyway.

[quote name='Syn' date='22 May 2010 - 02:32 PM' timestamp='1274560358' post='2308337']
Yeah, man, you were right. We're done for.

(also: nice speculation there, broski mcbroski)
[/quote]
If you were in anyway offended by my first post it was not my intention. I reviewed the entire FP roster while searching for trades and I noticed many FP nations hadn't bought any tech, soldiers, land, infra or collected taxes. Then I predicted what would happen, something I enjoy doing.

(also: allow me to enhance your reading comprehension)

[quote]The overwhelming majority of FP have not collected taxes since they started and [b]I assume[/b] that they don't know about sledding. A month from now there won't be many left [b]if I'm right[/b].[/quote]

[quote name='Ungern' date='22 May 2010 - 10:44 PM' timestamp='1274589866' post='2308805']

[b](also: allow me to enhance your reading comprehension)[/b]
[/quote]

Yeah, right. I don't take petty literary lessons from lousy, incompetent forum troll wannabes.

Also, I can feel my IQ declining while reading about your pseudo tween alliance groupie philosophy crap. I've reviewed the roster personally, and it is not as if we were so oblivious that we wouldn't know to expect a small decline in numbers from those who perceived the game as slow/boring, you are only stating the obvious. You aren't assisting anyone, nor making any type of supernatural, gypsy-like prediction. If you wanted to do that, go apply to be put on the forecast team for your local weather station, and let the Chief meteorologist take all of the credits for predicting the rain. Oh, and it looks like you're going to be the only one in need of an "enhancement". (If you ever hope keep up with someone of my superior intellectual capacity)

Edit: you give GOONS a bad name.

Edited by Syn

Wow, GOONS and FP rivalry starting already?

Regardless, welcome to Cybernations guys. There's the good, the bad, and everything in between here :). I'm pretty sure you guys will be sticking around, much like other invasion alliances, most of whom are very successful.

[quote name='R3nowned' date='23 May 2010 - 06:07 AM' timestamp='1274616410' post='2309002']
Wow, GOONS and FP rivalry starting already?

Regardless, welcome to Cybernations guys. There's the good, the bad, and everything in between here :). I'm pretty sure you guys will be sticking around, much like other invasion alliances, most of whom are very successful.
[/quote]

Actually, we have a great relationship with the GOONS leaders. It's just that this member in particular decided to dick-wave. (I've never seen him on IRC or anything either)

[quote name='Syn' date='23 May 2010 - 09:19 AM' timestamp='1274624367' post='2309049']
It's just that this member in particular decided to dick-wave. (I've never seen him on IRC or anything either)
[/quote]
Yeah. sorry about that. Ungern, please reserve your ire for NSO or something.

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='Sardonic' date='23 May 2010 - 10:22 AM' timestamp='1274628107' post='2309089']
Yeah. sorry about that. Ungern, please reserve your ire for NSO or something.
[/quote]

He speaks true. Ungern, you should set your priorities straight. :smug:

[quote name='Syn' date='23 May 2010 - 08:19 AM' timestamp='1274624367' post='2309049']
Actually, we have a great relationship with the GOONS leaders. It's just that this member in particular decided to dick-wave. (I've never seen him on IRC or anything either)
[/quote]
This. I hadn't heard of Facepunch before this thread but you guys sound like the people I want to see on CN. My pseudo tween alliance groupie philosophy crap was exactly that and I hope you won't e-grudge me over it. I sure won't.

This is a bizarre thread. Ungern made a fairly reasonable prediction based on his observations, Syn went totally !@#$% insane over it and then it was Ungern who apologized. :blink:

Whether they last long or not, it's my prediction Facepunch will provide plenty of entertainment (that's a good thing). :P

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='24 May 2010 - 08:11 PM' timestamp='1274753498' post='2310800']
This is a bizarre thread. Ungern made a fairly reasonable prediction based on his observations, Syn went totally !@#$% insane over it and then it was Ungern who apologized. :blink:
[/quote]
:(( GOONS :(( being rational and level-headed? I don't envy the cognitive dissonance this thread has produced in people.