Unbelievable Recruitment - Facepunch Alliance

SirDog

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='SirDog' date='17 May 2010 - 09:28 AM' timestamp='1274106519' post='2301200']
So you speak for all? Congrats.

And the answer is no. Has any other alliance achieved anything better than 243 nations in 5 days? Mabye they are just deserving of some recognition.
[/quote]
I remember TOOL has some ungodly recruiting for not being an invasion alliance (I believe).

I hope they get more people and stick around.

[quote name='Mixoux' date='17 May 2010 - 12:23 PM' timestamp='1274117001' post='2301299']
RIA came from gamefaqs, FAN came from FANgamers, GOD came from DLP, and Gre came from a Starcraft forum. ;)

Dunno about CSN.
[/quote]

I wasn't commenting on if they were invasion alliances, but their rapid success that would rival or be greater than their recruitment.

It is very impressive. [s]I made a [url="http://www.pyrisoft.com/Thread-Hello-from-the-Cyber-Nations-Admin"]post[/url] on their alliance forums welcoming them and encouraging them to get active here on these forums.

Now to all the other alliances out there, don't be jealous that I posted on their forums and not on yours. I figured Facepunch could use all the encouraging they can get while they are new and trying to organize themselves. Plus I just love them more. :P[/s]

Well it looks they deleted their forums and started a new one. I'm not going to register and do that all over again.

Edited by admin

[quote name='admin' date='17 May 2010 - 08:51 PM' timestamp='1274143862' post='2301720']
It is very impressive. I made a [url="http://www.pyrisoft.com/Thread-Hello-from-the-Cyber-Nations-Admin"]post[/url] on their alliance forums welcoming them and encouraging them to get active here on these forums.

Now to all the other alliances out there, don't be jealous that I posted on their forums and not on yours. I figured Facepunch could use all the encouraging they can get while they are new and trying to organize themselves. [b]Plus I just love them more[/b]. :P
[/quote]
zomg admin bias :P

Although I imagine that an epic fight for survival would capture their attention and keep them hooked.

[quote name='Gopherbashi' date='17 May 2010 - 08:58 PM' timestamp='1274144300' post='2301722']
zomg admin bias :P

Although I imagine that an epic fight for survival would capture their attention and keep them hooked.
[/quote]

It worked for FARK! :awesome:

[quote name='Aeternos Astramora' date='17 May 2010 - 05:13 PM' timestamp='1274134376' post='2301518']
I remember TOOL has some ungodly recruiting for not being an invasion alliance (I believe).

I hope they get more people and stick around.
[/quote]

what WB said, TOOL never was an invasion group (though I'm still baffled as to how TOOL's dream team recruiters did SO well, dedicated as hell would be a fair assumption)

no kidding, we do need more [s]fresh meat/punching bags[/s] players in CN

[quote name='Itsuki Koizumi' date='17 May 2010 - 08:01 PM' timestamp='1274144455' post='2301724']
they seemed to have caused some trouble on the war screens... let's see how this will play out :3
[/quote]

unrelated but you need to change your AA listing (unless you're rejoining SOS ;) )

[quote name='admin' date='18 May 2010 - 01:51 PM' timestamp='1274143862' post='2301720']
It is very impressive. [s]I made a [url="http://www.pyrisoft.com/Thread-Hello-from-the-Cyber-Nations-Admin"]post[/url] on their alliance forums welcoming them and encouraging them to get active here on these forums.

Now to all the other alliances out there, don't be jealous that I posted on their forums and not on yours. I figured Facepunch could use all the encouraging they can get while they are new and trying to organize themselves. Plus I just love them more. :P[/s]

Well it looks they deleted their forums and started a new one. I'm not going to register and do that all over again.
[/quote]

They are on their fourth forum atm :P

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' date='19 May 2010 - 02:13 AM' timestamp='1274249563' post='2303082']
I did not know that. I think like many I'd simply assumed they were because of the sudden, rapid growth.
[/quote]
They were founded by NPO recruiters and used GATO admissions policies.

[quote name='admin' date='17 May 2010 - 08:51 PM' timestamp='1274143862' post='2301720']

[/quote]

Admin got owned.

[quote name='bros2' date='19 May 2010 - 02:43 PM' timestamp='1274294600' post='2303537']
LUEs growth rate was faster.

402 members in a week iirc

FARK also had a rather large growth rate
[/quote]
About a thousand or so came from the first Greenlight if I remember my history lessons correctly.

Jarheads is another example, they got over 300 members in a few days using a youtube vid. Most of them were deleted for inactivity shortly after though.

I vaguely remember Jarheads doing the same thing, except with a YouTube video encouraging people from RuneScape instead of a forum post encouraging people from Facepunch.

Maxed out at around 300 members, then steadily declined as people got bored. A little over a year later, there's 3 left, probably people who just like the US Marines. I think FA will do the same thing over the next month or two.

[quote name='Drakedeath' date='19 May 2010 - 08:11 PM' timestamp='1274314285' post='2303882']
I vaguely remember Jarheads doing the same thing, except with a YouTube video encouraging people from RuneScape instead of a forum post encouraging people from Facepunch.

Maxed out at around 300 members, then steadily declined as people got bored. A little over a year later, there's 3 left, probably people who just like the US Marines. I think FA will do the same thing over the next month or two.
[/quote]
Jarheads got stepped on by the then two largest alliances in the game as soon as they were founded.