1st Cup of Nations

Alright ladies and gents... it's time for another soccer tournament. Using my sweet XBOX 360 and even sweeter FIFA '10, I want to have the first Cup of Nations. I plan on making this a semi-monthly event, something to get everyone excited and some national spirit in CNRP. So here's how the team selection works.

This tournament is going to be devised exactly like the World Cup. 32 teams, eight groups, group stage and then knockout rounds. Using FIFA '10 I can use any team in the world, so that'll be cool. When you sign up, please list your CNRP nation and what RL countries your nation encompasses. If we get only one from each area, then you'll all be the national teams. If we get more than one from anywhere, you'll be randomly assigned teams from your country's area. Also note the CN soccer experience. If you've participated in Botha's World Cups, let me know. You're more likely to get a better team from your country at that point, though it doesn't guarantee it. I won't have my nation play unless we need one more team. Otherwise, let's have some fun.

[u][b]Nation Sign-Up Sheet:[/b][/u]
CNRP Nation Name:
RL Country/Countries Your CNRP Encompasses:
Previous CNRP Soccer Experience (Botha World Cup, etc)? If yes, describe how many times you participated:

[u][b]Nations/Country:[/b][/u]
1. Novak
2. German Democratic Republic
3. Carthage
4. Louisiana
5. Slavic Federation
6. People's Republic of China
7. Wilsons Promontory
8. Transvaal
9. Kingdom of Cochin
10. Queendom of Australia
11. Athenian Federation
12. Denmark
13. Empire of France
14. Commonwealth of Texas
15. United Isocoles
16. Republic of York

Edited by Pravus Ingruo

CNRP Nation Name: German Democratic Republic (GDR)
RL Country/Countries Your CNRP Encompasses: Southern Germany (Bavaria, Baden-Württemberg), Switzerland, Slovenia, Austria
Previous CNRP Soccer Experience (Botha World Cup, etc)? None. :v:

CNRP Nation Name: Carthage
RL Country/Countries Your CNRP Encompasses: Libya, Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco
Previous CNRP Soccer Experience (Botha World Cup, etc)? If yes, describe how many times you participated: Two-time Botha World Cup Participant, and current Liga Mundo participant

CNRP Nation Name: [b]Louisiana[/b]
RL Country/Countries Your CNRP Encompasses: [b]State of Louisiana in the U.S.A. and Guantanamo Bay in Cuba (territory of the U.S.A. in RL)[/b]
Previous CNRP Soccer Experience (Botha World Cup, etc)? If yes, describe how many times you participated: [b]No prior experience[/b]

CNRP Nation Name: Slavic Federation
RL Country/Countries Your CNRP Encompasses: Southern Russia, Southern Ukraine, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, Romania, Serbia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Czechoslovakia, Southern Poland, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Turkmenistan, Hungary, Canaries
Previous CNRP Soccer Experience (Botha World Cup, etc)? If yes, describe how many times you participated: None whatsoever

CNRP Nation Name: People's Republic of China
RL Country/Countries Your CNRP Encompasses: China, Laos, Cambodia, Thailand , Burma
Previous CNRP Soccer Experience (Botha World Cup, etc)? If yes, describe how many times you participated: Twice. 2009 and 2010. Finished 24 th in 2009, and 2 in 2010 (Botha World Cup)

[color="#006400"]CNRP Nation Name: Transvaal

RL Country/Countries Your CNRP Encompasses: South Africa (and Namibia, Botswana, Swaziland, Lesotho, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Malawi, and Zambia)

Previous CNRP Soccer Experience? Yes - with almost 300 matches under the national team's belt, Transvaal is believed to be the oldest continuous football team in CN (going back to April 2007) with four Transvaal World Cups, six UCFA Championship tournaments (won UCFA 4), and eight season in Liga Mundo (won Season 5) credited to the Springboks. Transvaal also has two other teams in X11 leagues: Kaapstad Hornets in Nordreich Liga and Windhoek Welwitschia in Vedder League.[/color]

Edited by Botha

CNRP Nation Name: Kingdom of Cochin
RL Country/Countries Your CNRP Encompasses: India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan, Tibet, Xinjiang, Kyrghyztan
Previous CNRP Soccer Experience (Botha World Cup, etc)? If yes, describe how many times you participated: No experience whatsoever.

CNRP Nation Name: Queendom of Australia

RL Country/Countries Your CNRP Encompasses: Most of Australia, portions of Papua New Guinea and Indonesia

Previous CNRP Soccer Experience (Botha World Cup, etc)? If yes, describe how many times you participated: One time in Botha World Cup, Placed 17th (though I could be wrong on the exact placement, it was fairly high for the loser's bracket--17th or 18th).

CNRP Nation Name: The Athenian Federation
RL Country/Countries Your CNRP Encompasses: Greece, Albania, Macedonia, Bulgaria
Previous CNRP Soccer Experience (Botha World Cup, etc)? If yes, describe how many times you participated: None

You three are accepted. Only four more minimum needed before we can have a 16 team tourney. I'm going to check right now if there is any size between 32 and 16 just in case.

EDIT: Nope, either 16 or 32... so I might cut it off at 16, but we'll see.

Edited by Pravus Ingruo

CNRP Nation Name: Denmark
RL Country/Countries Your CNRP Encompasses: Denmark, Schleswig-Holstein and Hamburg (For Now), Southern Sweden, Gotland.
Previous CNRP Soccer Experience (Botha World Cup, etc)? If yes, describe how many times you participated: I can't honestly remember, so I'll say none.

CNRP Nation Name: The Commonwealth of Texas
RL Country/Countries Your CNRP Encompasses: USA
Previous CNRP Soccer Experience (Botha World Cup, etc)? Botha's most recent tournament, Two seasons of Liga Mundo

CNRP Nation Name: United Isocoles
RL Country/Countries Your CNRP Encompasses: Eh. think Pakistan? Or is it Afghanistan?
Previous CNRP Soccer Experience (Botha World Cup, etc)? If yes, describe how many times you participated: 1, Bothas most recent.