GOONS Reparations Announcement

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='18 May 2010 - 08:33 PM' timestamp='1274232791' post='2302673']
[IMG]http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/2296/rvsay.png[/IMG]
[/quote]

Ugh, I can't read it, it's all just such a mess of ideas. You sir have no content, you are all heat but no fire. Why people respond to you any more is beyond me.

Why we are continuing to discuss things here is beyond me, the ship has sailed.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Penkala' date='19 May 2010 - 05:13 PM' timestamp='1274303608' post='2303693']
The argument here is that this entire thing is a blatant PR stunt and a way to justify extorting more reps in the future. Which is hilarious because you have no middle or upper tier and do virtually nothing to change the outcome of a war, and yet you feel entitled to reparations.
[/quote]

It's not extortion. How exactly do you calculate what reparations are deserved due to X action? Any alliance can set any amount of what they think are proper reparations in regards to the spoils of war. If the surrendering alliance does not agree that the reparations are fair, then the war is still on. It's not a PR stunt. And sure, we might not be the strongest alliance, but gosh darnit, we try hard. And how do you know we'll never win a war? I guess we need to surrender our nations now since there's no hope for GOONS ever.

And as for us not deserving the name GOONS, you are in no place to tell us if we deserve to be called that or not. I was in Old GOONS, and I feel that this alliance is highly worthy of adopting the same acronym as the old. I am in a far better position to determine whether or not GOONS should be called GOONS than you've ever been or ever will be.

[quote name='dalstrs' date='20 May 2010 - 07:39 AM' timestamp='1274301574' post='2303664']
I don't understand the argument here. Any honorable alliance would do everything in there power to get the reps paid as soon as possible. We made the mistake of believing that the payments would be made in good faith without a time line.
[/quote]
NATO's sense of honour regarding these concepts is missing, presumably.

[quote name='nippy' date='19 May 2010 - 12:03 PM' timestamp='1274285003' post='2303405']
No, "punishing someone else for NATO's mistake" is not equal to "changing our policy now that we've learned the current policy doesn't meet our needs". For each person that hates our decision because "why didn't you just give them a deadline instead of posting this?", there's a person that hates our decision because "oh, now you're screwing other people by setting deadlines?". All you GOONS haters need to get on the same page.
[/quote]

I don't need to be on anyone else's "page" I just need to be logically consistent and stay on topic. I'm doing both very nicely, whatever dismissive comments you want to toss out.

The OP should never have been posted. You set yourself up for harsh criticism over $11 million in reparations payments because your alliance needed to make a "statement". Mission accomplished. I would have thought you guys would get tired of sowing the seeds of your own destruction (what is it now three times?), but hey some people read History books and some use them for paper weights.

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' date='20 May 2010 - 01:09 AM' timestamp='1274314147' post='2303874']
NATO's sense of honour regarding these concepts is missing, presumably.
[/quote]

You guys just don't know when to shut up do you?

for the last time, we were following the terms, there was no apology owed. You were classless during discussions and as expected you all still are.

[quote name='AtheistRepublican' date='19 May 2010 - 07:52 PM' timestamp='1274316751' post='2303939']
Except that your government told us during peace talks that it [i]was[/i] extortion.
[/quote]
That does make things a tad awkward for them.

[quote name='AtheistRepublican' date='19 May 2010 - 08:52 PM' timestamp='1274316751' post='2303939']
Except that your government told us during peace talks that it [i]was[/i] extortion.
[/quote]YOU'RE extortion.

But seriously. I don't know how many damn times I can ask this. WHY ARE WE STILL ALL HERE? Penkala and Chairman [s]Mao[/s] Hal over there are gonna be on us no matter what we say or do, since that's their job. Our relations with NATO are shaky at best, with us going :(:( NATO :(:( and them going :(:( GOONS :(:(. But despite all this, [i]this matter was handled and should be considered closed[/i].

Can we all move on now? Please? Cause this is just getting stupid.

Edited by Archanis

[quote name='Lenny N Karl' date='20 May 2010 - 11:49 AM' timestamp='1274316565' post='2303937']
we were following the terms, there was no apology owed.
[/quote]
We're not looking for an apology, just pointing out your lack of honour with regard to meeting your obligations in a timely fashion. It's perfectly obvious to any fair-minded person that you lot were dragging your heels.

[quote name='AtheistRepublican' date='19 May 2010 - 08:52 PM' timestamp='1274316751' post='2303939']
[/quote]

Is that so? It seems it was mostly NATO calling it extortion:

[quote]
Feb 19 20:55:34 <LennyNKarl[NATO]> We won't pay extortion
Feb 19 20:55:52 <Sardonic[GOONS]> [b]this isn't extortion[/b], we merely want rebuilding funds.
Feb 19 21:12:05 <LennyNKarl[NATO]> pure extortion
Feb 19 21:21:51 <LennyNKarl[NATO]> NATO will pay its part of the extortion, TFD has done enough for us
Feb 19 21:25:21 <HAKIM[NATO_MoD]> that is called blackmail and extortion bud[/quote]

[quote name='Biazt' date='19 May 2010 - 06:26 PM' timestamp='1274318744' post='2303985']
Is that so? It seems it was mostly NATO calling it extortion:
[/quote]
Oh boy; edited logs that only show one-line excerpts of a conversation involving multiple people. :P

[quote name='AtheistRepublican' date='19 May 2010 - 08:33 PM' timestamp='1274319177' post='2303998']
Oh boy; edited logs that only show one-line excerpts of a conversation involving multiple people. :P
[/quote]
Truncated maybe, but he is correct.

[quote name='AtheistRepublican' date='19 May 2010 - 09:33 PM' timestamp='1274319177' post='2303998']
[/quote]

I searched throughout the log for the word extortion. The only line I skipped that contained it is this:

Feb 19 21:12:16 <babyjesus[MK]> this just in: 50m "pure extortion"

Hardly helpful to your case.

[quote name='zzzptm' date='19 May 2010 - 10:11 PM' timestamp='1274321497' post='2304041']
Thank you for the announcement. Now you can work at not raiding Nueva Vida protectorates.

Or should we do something about it?
[/quote]

I'm willing to bet that this really isn't the conversation to air out grievances. You can always get in touch with our government if you need to though.

[quote name='Choson' date='19 May 2010 - 09:22 PM' timestamp='1274322119' post='2304050']
I'm willing to bet that this really isn't the conversation to air out grievances. You can always get in touch with our government if you need to though.
[/quote]
Watch out for zzzptm man. When he makes threats he actually delivers on them. Heck, he almost DoW'd me just for the fun of it.

Edited by heggo

[quote name='zzzptm' date='19 May 2010 - 09:11 PM' timestamp='1274321497' post='2304041']
Thank you for the announcement. Now you can work at not raiding Nueva Vida protectorates.

[/quote]
Was it really necessary to crosspost this? It's still misplaced, if you want to talk to us find us on our channel.

[quote name='zzzptm' date='19 May 2010 - 10:11 PM' timestamp='1274321497' post='2304041']

[/quote]
Thank you for this post. Now you can work at not giving every 2 man alliance a protectorate.

[quote name='Biazt' date='19 May 2010 - 09:36 PM' timestamp='1274322984' post='2304063']
Thank you for this post. Now you can work at not giving every 2 man alliance a protectorate.

[/quote]
Did you just threaten my friends in Nueva Vida? Just on the off chance that you've sized them up as small enough for you to prey on them, I'd like to remind you that just about anyone could rush to their aid using the Moldavi Doctrine. It's really very useful that way.

Edited by heggo

[quote name='heggo' date='19 May 2010 - 10:39 PM' timestamp='1274323148' post='2304067']
Did you just threaten my friends in Nueva Vida? Just on the off chance that you've sized them up as small enough for you to prey on and extort for 90 million dollars, I'd like to remind you that just about anyone could rush to their aid using the Moldavi Doctrine. It's pretty universally useful, ya know.
[/quote]

If you're trying to be suave and make the statement that we extorted 90 million dongs out of TOP, please... just stop and leave. They came to us, they readily agreed to the price we set, and that's it. Trying to spin a story so you'll sound "oh so cool" and "GOONS ARE BAD!" is ridiculous.

[quote name='Choson' date='19 May 2010 - 10:43 PM' timestamp='1274323402' post='2304073']
If you're trying to be suave and make the statement that we extorted 90 million dongs out of TOP, please... just stop and leave. They came to us, they readily agreed to the price we set, and that's it. Trying to spin a story so you'll sound "oh so cool" and "GOONS ARE BAD!" is ridiculous.
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure that's not what he was getting at.

[quote name='Choson' date='19 May 2010 - 09:43 PM' timestamp='1274323402' post='2304073']
[/quote]
My apologies if that's what you read out of my post; I edited it to clarify it just for you. The focus in that post should be on the latter part.

Edited by heggo

[quote name='heggo' date='19 May 2010 - 10:44 PM' timestamp='1274323480' post='2304075']
My apologies if that's what you read out of my post; I edited it for clarity just for you. The focus in that past should be on the latter part.
[/quote]

No, you didn't edit it for clarity. You removed a key part of your post that tries to call us out for "extortion" in regards to methrage, which is not relevant to this topic. That changes the whole meaning of your statement.

[quote name='Choson' date='19 May 2010 - 09:47 PM' timestamp='1274323657' post='2304078']
snip
[/quote]
I'm going to have to spell this out for you aren't I?

[quote name='Sardonic' date='19 May 2010 - 09:31 PM' timestamp='1274322693' post='2304060']
Was it really necessary to crosspost this? It's still misplaced, if you want to talk to us find us on our channel.
[/quote]

And I did. I thank you for your time.