GOONS Reparations Announcement

[quote name='GearHead' date='17 May 2010 - 02:07 PM' timestamp='1274101611' post='2301170']
I wouldn't exactly feel proud of that. But I guess that's you being their ally ( :gag: How could you? ) and me being the one who felt tarnished just sending reps to them.

I don't think I'll ever be cleansed either. :(
[/quote]

Pretty hard to cleanse yourself of feeling "tarnished" whilst you're still TFD :rolleyes:

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice continuation of the "We are a bunch of toddlers" theme you have going for you. I mean, really? They don't pay on time so you punish them by [i]removing their reps[/i] and threatening x alliance that you may war in the future?

[img]http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/object/793/58/n2204855947_24216.jpg[/img]

[quote name='eyriq' date='17 May 2010 - 08:52 AM' timestamp='1274107940' post='2301207']
Nice continuation of the "We are a bunch of toddlers" theme you have going for you. I mean, really? They don't pay on time so you punish them by [i]removing their reps[/i] and threatening x alliance that you may war in the future?

[img]http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/object/793/58/n2204855947_24216.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Yes, running a alliance or business is much like that of being a "we are a bunch of toddlers" theme (?), imposing additional cost on future enemies (customers) is just a dirty dirty thing to do.

What a lot of drivel, if you wanted the reparations paid in a timely manner you should have set a deadline for payment. I'm glad you will be correcting this incompetence in future, but really charging future alliances more for you own ineptitude in this case is silly.

NATO's failure to pay reparations has nothing to do with the amount set out as you coherently stated, it was due to a failure on your part to create policy in order to accommodate for the timely payment of that sum.

[quote name='Jakome' date='17 May 2010 - 11:08 PM' timestamp='1274108894' post='2301214']
Yes, running a alliance or business is much like that of being a "we are a bunch of toddlers" theme (?), imposing additional cost on future enemies (customers) is just a dirty dirty thing to do.
[/quote]

Your so called problem with NATO was time of payment, not actual payment. So I don't see how being harsher in terms next time will rectify the issue.

Thats going by the theory that you actually win the next war.

[quote name='MCRABT' date='17 May 2010 - 11:26 AM' timestamp='1274109966' post='2301224']
What a lot of drivel, if you wanted the reparations paid in a timely manner you should have set a deadline for payment. I'm glad you will be correcting this incompetence in future, but really charging future alliances more for you own ineptitude in this case is silly.

NATO's failure to pay reparations has nothing to do with the amount set out as you coherently stated, it was due to a failure on your part to create policy in order to accommodate for the timely payment of that sum.
[/quote]
It's a good thing you're here to repeat the OP.

[quote name='Biazt' date='17 May 2010 - 05:45 PM' timestamp='1274114721' post='2301278']
It's a good thing you're here to repeat the OP.
[/quote]

That must be a special gift you have, your ability to completely ignore all the reflection in my post and then make an utterly useless comparison. It's a good job your here to make everyone else look good.

[quote name='Archanis' date='17 May 2010 - 02:03 AM' timestamp='1274076217' post='2301020']
This matter. She is over.

NATO admitted they were wrong. They apologised. We accepted. Everyone is happy and good. Move on.

Like, seriously people. It's kinda hard to keep arguing "NATO IS RIGHT IN THIS CASE", when NATO is currently on _our_ side. It'd be like someone saying "Yeah, sorry, I broke the window", showing a video tape of them breaking the window, and some idiot in the background going I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'RE ACCUSING THAT KID, WHEN CLEARLY YOU BROKE IT YOURSELF.

Oh, and heggo, I use _'s because that's how I would stress words on MSN since there's no choice to italicise one word at a time (or at least, there wasn't back in the day). Don't like it? Well, frankly, I really don't care. If you feel like continuing to use it as subject for ad hominem attacks, though, by all means - continue.

Edit: Also, please, Penkala - could you and heggo go back to arguing amongst yourselves? It's truly amusing to see how people trained only in the arts of insulting others end up turning on their own kin when their main targets leave the area.

Edit 2: Oh, and I'm out. Respond if you must, but I won't be wasting any more time arguing on a _closed_ matter.
[/quote]

You're a perfect example of why 2/3 of the cyberverse believes GOONS are laughably inept. This is nothing like breaking windows. Yes, NATO was slow in sending reps. We get that. Unfortunately for you, that's not all that matters. It also matters to the world that you had gotten almost all those reps before you decided to come here, forgive the fewest reps it's possible to forgive, and acted disgusted at how long it was taking. Of course, you conveniently left out the fact that you were 9 days from being finished, so none of this matters anymore except to try to give NATO a black eye.

Just because you don't like us pointing your little ploy out doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. It's extremely obvious that you did this on purpose, waiting until you could get every penny out of NATO before 'forgiving' what was coming to you in 9 days because it would 'take too long'.

And yes, I'm glad you noticed that I don't argue based on AAs and that I have no problem pointing out !@#$%^&* anywhere -- including among my allies or alliance members. No, I wasn't 'trained' on how to act in public. I am beginning to suspect GOONS members are, however. Most of you have the same massive blinders on where GOONS is always right, even in cases like this one where you're clearly grandstanding for no reason.

[quote]They've been shopping for a CB on FEAR since before the Bi-Polar war. Now obviously with clear establishment of a hegemony generally favorable to them, they can be less discreet about these things as we may have noticed in the last few days and weeks.[/quote]

They don't need a CB to roll FEAR. They have NS in their favor. Your alliance has shown that when that is the case you don't really need a CB. Stop projecting. SG is not exactly like you were. I know that because they've taken few hegemonic actions all you have to criticize them on is what they 'might' do, but what they 'might' do isn't a valid argument against a group.

[quote]NATO's failure to pay reparations has nothing to do with the amount set out as you coherently stated, it was due to a failure on your part to create policy in order to accommodate for the timely payment of that sum.[/quote]

No, the failure was GOONS' trust of a Hegemony alliance to follow through on the meaning of terms. All it has proven is that SG will need to be heavier handed with you in the future. And you deserve it. You're lucky SG didn't roll you like you would have done to them had they pulled even 1/2 of the stunts you lot have pulled under terms. Including your alliance, which should have been rolled twice over for terms violations.

[quote]
That must be a special gift you have, your ability to completely ignore all the reflection in my post and then make an utterly useless comparison. It's a good job your here to make everyone else look good.[/quote]

Most people have adapted and now laugh away all points IRON members bring up. It's a necessary thing. If you don't you'll begin losing IQ points pretty damn quickly.

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='Penkala' date='17 May 2010 - 06:10 PM' timestamp='1274116209' post='2301292']
Most people have adapted and now laugh away all points IRON members bring up. It's a necessary thing. If you don't you'll begin losing IQ points pretty damn quickly.
[/quote]

I guess that explains your reply then, clearly you have very little left to loose.

[quote name='Penkala' date='17 May 2010 - 10:10 AM' timestamp='1274116209' post='2301292']
You're a perfect example of why 2/3 of the cyberverse believes GOONS are laughably inept. This is nothing like breaking windows. Yes, NATO was slow in sending reps. We get that. Unfortunately for you, that's not all that matters. It also matters to the world that you had gotten almost all those reps before you decided to come here, forgive the fewest reps it's possible to forgive, and acted disgusted at how long it was taking. Of course, you conveniently left out the fact that you were 9 days from being finished, so none of this matters anymore except to try to give NATO a black eye.

Just because you don't like us pointing your little ploy out doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. It's extremely obvious that you did this on purpose, waiting until you could get every penny out of NATO before 'forgiving' what was coming to you in 9 days because it would 'take too long'.
[/quote]

I know that really, there's probably no way to convince you of this at this point, but I just want it to be known that there was no "ploy" here to wait until the last second before we posted this. We have had several discussions about what do do with the NATO reps since we noticed they were coming in slowly, and at no point was the decision "Lets get as many reps as we can and then try to smear NATO!"

[quote name='D34th' date='17 May 2010 - 01:59 PM' timestamp='1274119180' post='2301333']
You created this thread because of 11m?

Or GOONS is desperate for money or you're really worried with NATO to mock them for so little.
[/quote]

Actually its 8mil. Not even 3 slots worth of aid.

[quote name='Lennox' date='17 May 2010 - 11:32 AM' timestamp='1274121138' post='2301354']
Actually its 8mil. Not even 3 slots worth of aid.
[/quote]
Actually it's 5 million right now. If you're going to attack us at least have your facts right.

However, that doesn't mean that it was 5, or 8, or 11 million when we decided to make this thread.

[quote name='D34th' date='17 May 2010 - 06:59 PM' timestamp='1274119180' post='2301333']
Or GOONS is desperate for money . . .
[/quote]

Yes that must be why they have "decided to waive any and all remaining reparations payments" :buddy:

Congratulations all involved for solving this matter :)

[quote name='MCRABT' date='17 May 2010 - 01:41 PM' timestamp='1274118049' post='2301312']
I guess that explains your reply then, clearly you have very little left to loose.
[/quote]

OH ZING MAN ZING!

Seriously, is that the best you have? I expected more, even from IRON.

[quote]I know that really, there's probably no way to convince you of this at this point, but I just want it to be known that there was no "ploy" here to wait until the last second before we posted this. We have had several discussions about what do do with the NATO reps since we noticed they were coming in slowly, and at no point was the decision "Lets get as many reps as we can and then try to smear NATO!"[/quote]

I'm willing to believe that. It just shows that the only people more clueless about the reps situation than NATO are you, though. To believe you, one has to believe that your government had no idea what the situation of the reps was other than that it hadn't been finished yet.

[quote]Yes that must be why they have "decided to waive any and all remaining reparations payments" :buddy:

Congratulations all involved for solving this matter :) [/quote]

"Any and all" was $11m. In exchange for waiving that $11m you have decided to charge more in future wars. Surely that 'more' will be more than $11m. So yes, you are desperate for money, and yes, this is a way to get more.

Congratulations on your inability to think through this clearly difficult scenario in which you get more money in the end. I know there are a lot of sneaky accounting maneuvers and stuff involved.

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='Penkala' date='17 May 2010 - 12:10 PM' timestamp='1274116209' post='2301292']
[b]They don't need a CB to roll FEAR.[/b] They have NS in their favor. Your alliance has shown that when that is the case you don't really need a CB. Stop projecting. SG is not exactly like you were. I know that because they've taken few hegemonic actions all you have to criticize them on is what they 'might' do, but what they 'might' do isn't a valid argument against a group.
[/quote]

Clearly they feel differently, or else they'd have tried that stunt months ago (and having seen a fair amount of logs and assorted things on the matter, they've probably at least considered that course of action).

[quote name='Penkala' date='17 May 2010 - 02:46 PM' timestamp='1274121995' post='2301365']
OH ZING MAN ZING!

[/quote]I sincerely doubt that.

Btw, Penkala, rather than respond to things you can defeat, how about responding to the facts of the matter at hand that you chose to leave out. Those being

a) This matter is over

b) Ktarthan's post, on the page just before this one.

[quote name='GearHead' date='17 May 2010 - 04:07 PM' timestamp='1274101611' post='2301170']
I wouldn't exactly feel proud of that. But I guess that's you being their ally ( :gag: How could you? ) and me being the one who felt tarnished just sending reps to them.

I don't think I'll ever be cleansed either. :(
[/quote]
I'm so dirty I only buy Goon tech :smug:

[quote name='Lord Gobb' date='17 May 2010 - 02:51 PM' timestamp='1274122281' post='2301372']
I'm so dirty I only buy Goon tech :smug:
[/quote]And we lub you for it.

[quote name='Penkala' date='17 May 2010 - 11:46 AM' timestamp='1274121995' post='2301365']
I'm willing to believe that. It just shows that the only people more clueless about the reps situation than NATO are you, though. To believe you, one has to believe that your government had no idea what the situation of the reps was other than that it hadn't been finished yet.
[/quote]
I'd say that's closer to the truth than the 'evil ploy' theory. Our record keeping was evidently not spotless, but we weren't clueless. We absolutely did know that the reps were being delivered painfully slow, and (after April 11) not being delivered in the manner laid out by NATO.

I'm not in the mood to be boiserous and brazen today, so I'll leave it at that.

Edit: Wait what am I saying, of course I want you all to think we're awful jerks. It was our plan all along!

Edited by ktarthan

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' date='17 May 2010 - 10:53 PM' timestamp='1274118792' post='2301323']
Enabling GOONS is the new enabling Grämlins. You should be ashamed, Umbrella.
[/quote]
No u. GOONS clearly arent as stupid as Gramlins. Both sides appear to have settled the matter and no u Umbrella. :P

[quote name='Penkala' date='17 May 2010 - 07:46 PM' timestamp='1274121995' post='2301365']
OH ZING MAN ZING!

[/quote]

And there we have it, another demonstration that all there is between your ears is empty space.

Talk about flat comebacks. NO U NO U.

[quote name='shahenshah' date='17 May 2010 - 12:14 PM' timestamp='1274123653' post='2301388']
No u. GOONS clearly arent as stupid as Gramlins. Both sides appear to have settled the matter and no u Umbrella. :P
[/quote]
backhanded compliments are the best compliments