GOONS Reparations Announcement

[quote name='heggo' date='19 May 2010 - 10:51 PM' timestamp='1274323842' post='2304083']
I'm going to have to spell this out for you aren't I?
[/quote]

Yes, please, enlighten me. :rolleyes:

And my, aren't you jumpy? Are you itching to fight us?

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Choson' date='19 May 2010 - 10:54 PM' timestamp='1274324039' post='2304091']
Yes, please, enlighten me. :rolleyes:

And my, aren't you jumpy? Are you itching to fight us?
[/quote]
I know I am. Anyways glad to see this issue is resolved. Moving on.

Edited by Confusion

[quote name='heggo' date='19 May 2010 - 10:39 PM' timestamp='1274323148' post='2304067']
Did you just threaten my friends in Nueva Vida? Just on the off chance that you've sized them up as small enough for you to prey on them, I'd like to remind you that just about anyone could rush to their aid using the Moldavi Doctrine. It's really very useful that way.
[/quote]
Perhaps you'd like to....do something about it?

[quote name='nippy' date='19 May 2010 - 05:26 PM' timestamp='1274304377' post='2303705']
....says the man at 4.2k NS. Your blatant mudslinging in our threads is just that, mudslinging. You're not here to discuss things. Logical responses from us go ignored, and responding to you only provokes more footstamping and whimpering. Take your insignificance elsewhere.
[/quote]

Yes, I am 4k NS and I do not do much to change the course of war. Your logical responses in here are few and far between, and usually follow an ad hominem attack. You're just really, really bad at this stuff. And frankly, I can think of few less significant than you. I'm being completely honest here. You're just not worth much.

[quote]WHY ARE WE STILL ALL HERE? Penkala and Chairman Mao Hal over there are gonna be on us no matter what we say or do, since that's their job.[/quote]

The better question is why are we here in the first place? For all the 'ship has sailed!' comments, the NATO reps had essentially been completed. And yet here we are, with you whining about something that's finished. Yet when we discuss this we're clearly wrong.

I had quite neutral if not somewhat positive opinions about GOONS until you started talking big and writing checks you can't cash. When you tried to bully my friends and they crushed you it was hilarious. When you talked a big game about tech raiding then got on your knees for Polaris it was comical. When you tried to threaten me -- and then my alliance -- with war, and we laughed at you, and you slinked away, I laughed. But now you're just sad. Pathetic, even. I'm not "on you" because you're GOONS. I'm "on you" because I can't stand pathetic alliances. And if anyone qualifies as a pathetic alliance, it's GOONS.

[quote]Can we all move on now? Please? Cause this is just getting stupid. [/quote]

As soon as your members stop walking in, throwing up their arms, and going "WHAT'D WE DO WRONG MAN WE'RE COMPLETELY IN THE RIGHT!" I'll drop it.

[quote]I searched throughout the log for the word extortion. The only line I skipped that contained it is this:

Feb 19 21:12:16 <babyjesus[MK]> this just in: 50m "pure extortion"

Hardly helpful to your case. [/quote]

If a GOON said it it was probably misspelled. Perhaps look for ex*?

[quote]Was it really necessary to crosspost this? It's still misplaced, if you want to talk to us find us on our channel.[/quote]

Did you seriously just ask if it was necessary to post minor issues in public along with a small threat? You do realize that's literally what you guys did, right? It's hilarious. You guys just aren't getting it.

[quote]Now you can work at not giving every 2 man alliance a protectorate.

Or should we do something about it? [/quote]

Don't worry, NV. The last time I heard a threat from GOONS it was to roll my alliance. RIA is still waiting for that attack, Biazt.

Touch NV and I will personally see to it that you pay NV reps for a very long time, GOONS. I'd be good little boys and walk away now if I were you. I don't bluff. Walk away, pal. :)

[quote name='Biazt' date='19 May 2010 - 09:36 PM' timestamp='1274322984' post='2304063']
Thank you for this post. Now you can work at not giving every 2 man alliance a protectorate.

Or should we do something about it?
[/quote]

We are Nueva Vida. Honor above all else. Hoka hey, maybe we might even start a thread about it.

[quote name='Biazt' date='19 May 2010 - 10:36 PM' timestamp='1274322984' post='2304063']
Thank you for this post. Now you can work at not giving every 2 man alliance a protectorate.

[/quote]
Wow, for a second there it almost seemed like you were trying to threaten Nordreich's closest friend.

I'm sure that wasn't your intent.

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' date='19 May 2010 - 11:09 PM' timestamp='1274324922' post='2304122']
Wow, for a second there it almost seemed like you were trying to threaten Nordreich's closest friend.

[/quote]

I would sure hope not. Actually I am kinda torn on this one. I'd love to see GOONS decimated, but they're really not worth the effort on NV's part either.

[quote name='Biazt' date='19 May 2010 - 07:36 PM' timestamp='1274322984' post='2304063']

[/quote]
So you're saying you've decided you're not going to recognize our protectorates because you feel we're over our quota?

Any alliance who backs such a position is at least as bad as hegemony ever was, in my book.

And now I'll wander back to retirement at the nursing home.

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' date='19 May 2010 - 10:09 PM' timestamp='1274324922' post='2304122']

[/quote]
Kingzog, you may have to spell it out more clearly for GOONS. When I insinuated that the NSO'd gladly use the Moldavi Doctrine to aid NV, they didn't quite get it either.

[quote name='Biazt' date='20 May 2010 - 03:36 AM' timestamp='1274322984' post='2304063']

[/quote]

Threatning NV may annoy alot of people.

[quote name='Biazt' date='19 May 2010 - 10:36 PM' timestamp='1274322984' post='2304063']

[/quote]

Oh, PLEASE attack NV. I dare you.

[quote name='Biazt' date='19 May 2010 - 09:36 PM' timestamp='1274322984' post='2304063']

[/quote]
Oh Please lets see you do something cause the end result may not be something you'll like.

[quote name='Myworld' date='20 May 2010 - 12:14 AM' timestamp='1274328871' post='2304199']
Oh Please lets see you do something cause the end result may not be something you'll like.
[/quote]

Apparently, GOONS got scared and almost immediately agreed to change their raiding policy and peace out.

[quote name='pezstar' date='19 May 2010 - 11:39 PM' timestamp='1274330344' post='2304366']
Apparently, GOONS got scared and almost immediately agreed to change their raiding policy and peace out.
[/quote]
Sounds about par for that course.

[quote name='zzzptm' date='20 May 2010 - 01:51 PM' timestamp='1274323879' post='2304087']
And I did. I thank you for your time.
[/quote]
So to clarify, your take on diplomacy is rather than come and talk to us directly about the problem, you'd rather derail this thread with a throwaway remark?

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' date='20 May 2010 - 12:46 AM' timestamp='1274330793' post='2304421']
So to clarify, your take on diplomacy is rather than come and talk to us directly about the problem, you'd rather derail this thread with a throwaway remark?
[/quote]

Why not? Your take on diplomacy consisted of raiding their protectorates and then threatening them when you got called out on it. And let's not forget that whole NATO debacle the other day. That was super diplomatic of you. You get what you give.

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' date='19 May 2010 - 11:46 PM' timestamp='1274330793' post='2304421']
[/quote]
Nobody liked the Parthians for taking shots at their foes while they were fleeing. Why do you think it'll work for you?

[quote name='pezstar' date='20 May 2010 - 12:39 AM' timestamp='1274330344' post='2304366']
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Wait, you mean it wasn't already against policy to raid protectorates?[/color]

*NV threatens GOONS via "do something about it"
*Everyone is chill*
*GOONS threatens NV via "do something about it"
*Everyone rages*

I thought most of you guys realized "do something about it" was a just a stupid meme and I hardly take it seriously. Jeez guys. :v:

[quote]Apparently, GOONS got scared and almost immediately agreed to change their raiding policy and peace out. [/quote]
We always peace out when we accidentally raid protectorates, so I don't see what you're getting at here?

Edited by Biazt

[quote name='pezstar' date='20 May 2010 - 03:49 PM' timestamp='1274330932' post='2304432']
Why not? Your take on diplomacy consisted of raiding their protectorates and then threatening them when you got called out on it. And let's not forget that whole NATO debacle the other day. That was super diplomatic of you. You get what you give.
[/quote]
I'm sorry, I wasn't aware of Nueva Vida's prior approaches to GOONS (to this thread, that is). I'd be happy to retract my comment if what you're saying is correct.

[quote name='pezstar' date='20 May 2010 - 12:39 AM' timestamp='1274330344' post='2304366']
[/quote]

That is not surprising. GOONS always backs down when faced with any kind of real opposition. Just another example of how they just can't cash the checks that their mouths are writing.

[quote]So to clarify, your take on diplomacy is rather than come and talk to us directly about the problem, you'd rather derail this thread with a throwaway remark?[/quote]

This thread exists because you just couldn't stand a jab at someone over something ridiculous. Then an alliance with an [i]actual grievance[/i] against you, who is 100% in the right, makes a [i]post[/i] about something you've done, and THEY'RE the ones in the wrong. You guys are really special. Some alliances and people contradict themselves over time and throughout different threads. You contradict yourselves on the [i]same page[/i] of threads. You use ad hominem attacks and then complain about their use in the next point. You threaten people and make public spectacles then cry when someone makes a public post. You guys are just so unbelievable.

[quote name='Biazt' date='20 May 2010 - 12:51 AM' timestamp='1274331075' post='2304444']
*NV threatens GOONS via "do something about it"
*Everyone is chill*
*GOONS threatens NV via "do something about it"
*Everyone rages*

I thought most of you guys realized "do something about it" was a just a stupid meme and I hardly take it seriously. Jeez guys. :v:

We always peace out when we accidentally raid protectorates, so I don't see what you're getting at here?
[/quote]

I'm getting at the fact that when you were confronted about it, you threatened them. And you took it seriously enough to state that you would be changing your tech raiding policy.