CNRP - War Request

Sargun II

[quote name='Il Terra Di Agea' date='16 May 2010 - 12:12 PM' timestamp='1274029940' post='2299947']
And me. Ceuta, cough cough.

Also I could easily do propaganda for my side, were I to join.
[/quote]

You have a limited military presence that we control in Ceuta. I wouldn't exactly call it a border. :P

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point I'd really like to look for combatants.

If nobody will volunteer, then I ask ITDA to work with me to make a legit reason for a war, preferably something that has to do with Ceuta. Then we can get to work on sides. :v:

[quote name='Sargun' date='16 May 2010 - 02:50 PM' timestamp='1274035818' post='2300077']
At this point I'd really like to look for combatants.

If nobody will volunteer, then I ask ITDA to work with me to make a legit reason for a war, preferably something that has to do with Ceuta. Then we can get to work on sides. :v:
[/quote]
Sargun, I volunteered to war anyone. Seriously. :|

Two combatants have been found. Timeline to war goes like this:
[spoiler]
Sargun--> Terrorists from Carthage attack Ceuta, not affiliated with Carthage government
ITDA--> Government trys to get an apology, and makes a request to enter Carthage to search for the terrorists, as Carthage was not monitoring their own people
Sargun--> Refuses, there is no proof that they are Carthaginian citizens
ITDA--> Terrorists were spotted driving over the border from Carthage
Sargun--> Open border policy in regards to Unity Island means that they could be from anywhere
ITDA--> Begrudgingly accepts that this is going nowhere, beefs up border patrol
Sargun--> Terrorists plan to Assassinate President of Ceuta
ITDA--> Knows nothing
Sargun--> Terrorists build a bomb, which fails to work
ITDA--> Ceuta President is evacuated to a safe house outside the city
Sargun--> Terrorists spread out to try and get alibis, to ensure that they don't seem responsible, so they can attack again in the future
ITDA--> President gets fed up with his confined living space and demands to be taken to his favorite restaurant for a quick lunch, as he's getting stir crazy
Sargun--> One of the terrorists, infuriated with his comrades' failure, decides to cool off by getting a quick drink from a nearby restaurant
ITDA--> President orders his favorite meal, and sits down at the back of the restaurant
Sargun--> Terrorist sees the President, pulls a gun, and shoots
ITDA--> Terrorist is immediatly apprehended by Militia members
Sargun--> Terrorist is taken to prison; Carthaginian government demands turnover of terrorist
ITDA--> Terrorist is interogatted, slightly tortured
Sargun--> Gives up a bit of information
ITDA--> Demand Carthage government give up information on the man, as well as his counterparts, as well as the ability to search for, and imprison the assassin's fellow terrorists
Sargun--> Willing to give up information on the man, and allow in investigation, but rendering suspects to Norway is declined
ITDA--> Paranoia grows, it would not be the first time the Carthage declared war, maybe this is a coverup of an attempt to destabilize the region and then invade
Sargun--> Act like an $@! to Norway-swedish investigators, be uncooperative
ITDA--> Get more and more on edge
Sargun--> Investigator gets shot during an operation, ballistics match it to a Carthage Police issue firearm
ITDA--> Get pissed
Sargun--> Say pistols are widespread, standard Artemis Group issue, and ask for bullet markings
ITDA--> Hands over markings, but keeps bullet
Sargun--> Matches markings to a police officer who did not show up for work for the past week
ITDA--> Believes that Carthage forged records and is harboring the terrorist
Sargun--> Does not know where he is; enraged by accusation and refuses to turn over remaining terrorists
ITDA--> Ultimatum issued to give up the terrorists, demand apology, dismiss NAP, violate agreement on armed forces
Sargun--> Preliminary strike on Ceuta, before the Ultimatum expires
WAR
[/spoiler]

Edited by Sargun

Sign me up as Norway's ally, we're fairly good allies and I've supported him in Africa before. Chances are I'd only deploy my 4 Airborne divisions and some special forces to the region.

What happens to Mykep? Does "Not too harsh terms" mean he gets to run the country when you're gone?

Edited by BaronUberstein

[quote name='BaronUberstein' date='16 May 2010 - 04:12 PM' timestamp='1274051526' post='2300553']
Sign me up as Norway's ally, we're fairly good allies and I've supported him in Africa before. Chances are I'd only deploy my 4 Airborne divisions and some special forces to the region.

What happens to Mykep? Does "Not too harsh terms" mean he gets to run the country when you're gone?
[/quote]
The terms for Sargun could be permanent removal of the Peacehearts from power.

Anyway, as Australian nations have often served as such in the past, I could offer to be the neutral nation everyone convenes in for the conference.

[quote name='Markus Wilding' date='16 May 2010 - 06:58 PM' timestamp='1274054307' post='2300610']
I can support Carthage? :3
[/quote]
You suck up. :P

But I Sargs, if I can get anythign in this I wil be happy. Even *shudder* unbiased news source.

[quote name='Fizzydog' date='16 May 2010 - 05:08 PM' timestamp='1274047694' post='2300398']
Once again, I said I'll join. I'm awfully close and my anti offensive war no no stand would make sense. But fi you deny htis I'll be fine.

*sob*
[/quote]
Again, the point isn't just to join willy-nilly. Now that we've established the two main combatants, we can get around to finding suitable allies for each. Now, if there is a legitimate IC reason to back up your alliance with another person and entry into war, you'll be put into consideration with the rest.

[quote name='BaronUberstein' date='16 May 2010 - 06:12 PM' timestamp='1274051526' post='2300553']

[/quote]
You're at the top of the list.

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' date='16 May 2010 - 06:45 PM' timestamp='1274053492' post='2300594']
The terms for Sargun could be permanent removal of the Peacehearts from power.

Anyway, as Australian nations have often served as such in the past, I could offer to be the neutral nation everyone convenes in for the conference.
[/quote]
The terms for Norway could be as simple as permanent removal of Ceutan presence or as harsh as a land cession to a nearby ally. We've yet to determine who will win or what terms will be because we do not know the full extent of allies involved or how the war will go down.

As of right now we have Centurius and Subtle for neutral nations to host the conference. Both are taken in for consideration, draw out a legit IC reaction to a spoiler from above and it'll help a lot.

As I'm not allied to either Carthage or Norway, I would be neutral in this conflict, but President Richard Mercton will have a heck of a time watching the war unfold from a safe distance. Like a movie theater, but even more epic. :awesome:

That, and I wouldn't mind hosting the conference. If J Andres is chosen as a site, then I would offer the cities of Providence or Mercton (anything to boost Richard's ego, lol). :3

Edited by JEDCJT

[quote name='Sargun' date='16 May 2010 - 05:09 PM' timestamp='1274054925' post='2300623']
The terms for Norway could be as simple as permanent removal of Ceutan presence or as harsh as a land cession to a nearby ally. We've yet to determine who will win or what terms will be because we do not know the full extent of allies involved or how the war will go down.

As of right now we have Centurius and Subtle for neutral nations to host the conference. Both are taken in for consideration, draw out a legit IC reaction to a spoiler from above and it'll help a lot.
[/quote]
Naturally the Queendom would condemn any acts of terrorism, but it would counsel both sides to refrain from acts that could inflame the situation. When the war breaks out, the Queendom would condemn the violence, and express a wish that it would notfurther escalate. Australia would not wish to see what happened to Brisbane happen anywhere else.

[quote name='Sargun' date='17 May 2010 - 02:09 AM' timestamp='1274054925' post='2300623']
[/quote]

Upon news of the terrorist attacks the Athenian Federation publicly announces condemnation of the attacks but will await the result of an investigation on the issue, when the President gets assassinated and the terrorist arrested the Athenian Federation will announce its intent to serve as an arbitrator to the issue citing as European it is familiar with Norway and as Mediterranean can understand Carthage. At that point the Federation will propose a compromise on the investigation where information is provided and investigation allowed however without extraditions. Upon the killing of the investigator the Federation will propose a few dozen Peacekeepers to patrol the border between the 2 nations and prevent further killing while trying to arrange another compromise between Carthage and Norway. Upon the ultimatum being issued Peacekeepers will withdraw and diplomatic attempts will be made to get a mutually accepted arrangement.

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' date='17 May 2010 - 06:13 AM' timestamp='1274094817' post='2301128']
Naturally the Queendom would condemn any acts of terrorism, but it would counsel both sides to refrain from acts that could inflame the situation. When the war breaks out, the Queendom would condemn the violence, and express a wish that it would notfurther escalate. Australia would not wish to see what happened to Brisbane happen anywhere else.
[/quote]
Good.

[quote name='Centurius' date='17 May 2010 - 03:39 PM' timestamp='1274128740' post='2301432']
Upon news of the terrorist attacks the Athenian Federation publicly announces condemnation of the attacks but will await the result of an investigation on the issue, when the President gets assassinated and the terrorist arrested the Athenian Federation will announce its intent to serve as an arbitrator to the issue citing as European it is familiar with Norway and as Mediterranean can understand Carthage. At that point the Federation will propose a compromise on the investigation where information is provided and investigation allowed however without extraditions. Upon the killing of the investigator the Federation will propose a few dozen Peacekeepers to patrol the border between the 2 nations and prevent further killing while trying to arrange another compromise between Carthage and Norway. Upon the ultimatum being issued Peacekeepers will withdraw and diplomatic attempts will be made to get a mutually accepted arrangement.
[/quote]

Very good.

Cent, you're hired :v:

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' date='17 May 2010 - 04:50 PM' timestamp='1274133030' post='2301496']
Ah well, the important thing is you have someone. :)
[/quote]

:wub: Subtle :wub:

You're always welcome to be a humanitarian provider

[quote name='Sargun' date='17 May 2010 - 02:52 PM' timestamp='1274133137' post='2301497']
[img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/wub.gif[/img] Subtle [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/wub.gif[/img]

You're always welcome to be a humanitarian provider
[/quote]
I'll probably help with the white cross, or outright take over its operations if Sarah gets busy.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder