IRON Surrenders unconditionally

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor IRON, You fell victim to two of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in a spam war in RIAsia" - but only slightly less well-known is this:

Never go in against the insane when tech is on the line!

Congrats RIA in your victory as well as your barbaric and harsh terms.

[quote name='Ejayrazz' date='15 May 2010 - 03:59 AM' timestamp='1273892345' post='2298247']
I thought this was To Gremlins. I was going to kill every IRON nation single-handedly.
[/quote]

My exact feelings, although add in more anger with IRON :P

[quote name='Cornelius' date='15 May 2010 - 07:51 AM' timestamp='1273902651' post='2298394']
The fact that the satire flew over your head is rather sad in itself. Yes, the process is rather sickening, and it's being mocked openly here. I and others reading this thought that IRON had finally bowed to pressure, but instead they're showing how far [i]you've[/i] fallen. VE has had its own issues with IRON before this, for various reasons, but it's gotten to the point where we're practically cheering for them. I'd say they have much better FA prospects post-war than you guys may have for a long time, even with them under surrender terms.
[/quote]
Oh come on, you shouldn't have explained it now! I was eagerly waiting for more MPK posts regarding the "hypocrisy" of the situation :D

I cannot say I am happy, but I cannot judge IRON for accepting the unacceptable to stop this atrocity.
Naturally, DAWN is offering its friends in IRON all the help necessary to recover from this struggle.

o/ IRON
:frantic: RIA

Goddamit. I lost. I lost big.

That will teach me not to start talking on IRC on basis of tile alone -_-
RIA should install a vicemod in IRONs Hyde Park [ooc: spam area].

[size=1]PS.: Is there a doctor here? We badly need a humour transfusion, and 5 units of common sense STAT.[/size]

[quote name='Aeternos Astramora' date='15 May 2010 - 12:47 AM' timestamp='1273902444' post='2298388']
FFS, NAH. Also, I believe I still have this medal from my IRON days:

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v403/Sleeker/Forums/NAH.png[/IMG]

Thou shall all bow to me.
[/quote]
I am shocked that you kept that lol.
It is sad, I was going to spam the forums but alas my sisters graduation was that weekend and i was gone for the majority of the time.
3:
Still i got 1k posts in lol

[quote name='Matthew PK' date='15 May 2010 - 05:57 AM' timestamp='1273899420' post='2298357']
Hi Tim,

Remember when people said that the terms were irrelevant and that the process itself was the problem?
Yeah.... that was the basis of the opposition.
[/quote]

You just crack me up :)

Anyway, congrats to our RIA friends and best of luck to our IRON friends in recovering from this devastating loss :(

[quote name='the damned' date='15 May 2010 - 04:32 AM' timestamp='1273912318' post='2298503']
Poor IRON, You fell victim to two of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in a spam war in RIAsia" - but only slightly less well-known is this:

Never go in against the insane when tech is on the line!

Congrats RIA in your victory as well as your barbaric and harsh terms.
[/quote]
According to the context of that reference, is this the end of RIA? Or Sparta, I guess ....
[quote name='shilo' date='15 May 2010 - 08:07 AM' timestamp='1273925247' post='2298625']
Oh come on, you shouldn't have explained it now! I was eagerly waiting for more MPK posts regarding the "hypocrisy" of the situation :D
[/quote]
[url="http://xkcd.com/386/"]Duty calls![/url]
Seriously though, he's admitted he was being sarcastic. We really need people to put in /sarcasm tags.