The Cold war

Zoot Zoot

[quote name='Fizzydog' date='12 May 2010 - 09:12 PM' timestamp='1273713115' post='2296430']
The Empereor is telling the truth but malnipulated it! Blue Heaven did not want a wave of immigrants to come in and thus closed their border to prevent just that. They were protecting their people. Unlike you, they care about their people. You blindlessly attacked a huge nation and thus payed the price by a group supporting them. You pigs are disgraceful.

- Jijad Marks, Famous News Paper Editor and blogger.
[/quote]

"Bloggers who think they're intelligent enough in affairs to be involved in the international arena. Maybe you should spell better, as a blogger you should know about spell-check."

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' date='12 May 2010 - 08:18 PM' timestamp='1273713481' post='2296439']
"Bloggers who think they're intelligent enough in affairs to be involved in the international arena. Maybe you should spell better, as a blogger you should know about spell-check."
[/quote]
This was noted by Jihad.

OOC
right.
stop with the bloggers, none relevant comments, im looking at you AGAIN fizzy.
dont derail the damn thread, this is NOT an unplanned thing between myself and kitex, its planned and being discussed OOC between us both.

This cold wars gonna drag on, these are just the opening speeches people, calm it.

Among the aid workers from various nations, one man received a communication from his home. Soon after, Emperor Bonaparte would receive a communique from an anonymous worker, apparentlyof Welsh descent.

[b]***For the Emperor's Eyes Only***[/b]

Your plight, and the unfortunate situation with your neighbors on the border, has caught the attention of some, shall we say, powerful players? Among many talents, quietly supplying worthies such as yourself with arms and ammunition is one of them. If you are interested, please convey as much to this messenger, and we will see what can be arranged.

[url="http://www.kingdomoftalossa.net/heraldry/CakyrArms.gif"][b][img]http://www.kingdomoftalossa.net/heraldry/t-cakyr.gif[/img][/b][/url]
[b]***End Message***[/b]

There was no signature with the note, just the insignia.

Three Blackhawk helicopters approached the DMZ and landed down onto the helipads. Roger Smith and his cousin, John Shiznay got out, as well as soldiers from the Ranger Battalion and waited for the Empeor's arrival.

The Emperor arrived in his battle fatigues in a Blackhawk behind the concrete wall of the border.
Striding up to the gates with a squad of Imperial Guardsmen, all dirty from their work in the city outskirts.

The gates opened and Napoleon strode through, the Guardsmen twenty paces behind marching.
Apon reaching Smith and Shinzay, Napoleon extended his hand and said:
"Gentlemen, good evening, I apologise for my appearence but we spotted refugees on the tundra making in the direction of the camp so we gave them a ride before coming back here.
What is it you wish to discuss Mr Smith?"

Smith walked forward and shook Napoleon's hand. "I wish to talk about this cold war between our two nations. We could make this work for the both of us. We could use the fear that's currently in our citizens to give our respective branches of governments more power. By passing legislation that would be supposedly aimed at defeating the enemy, we could better centralize our respective governments and give ourselves and our predecessors more power," he whispered quietly to Napoleon.

The recording device in Napoleons collar picked up the whisper and had been recording since Napoleon got off the helicopter, CCTV on the wall were also watching, the soldiers manning the walla gazing coldly into the enemys land.

"Mr Smith, We were both elected democraticly, I was declared Emperor democraticly by the Senate and the people. In the Imperium I, and my predessor weild ultimate power already within our realm of influence.

I have an alternate proposition, some form of Dearmament, my intel tells me you may or may not posses chemical/biological WMD's.
Now the world knows the Imperium has them, after the use in Alaska.

I will be willing to destroy 1/3 of our current stockpile, if Blue Heaven does. By doing this it lessons M.A.D for us both, and moves us away from war.
We have clashing ideals Mr Smith, The Imperium is soon to be moving to Rational Communism like the GDR, the massive damage we sustained in the attacks wiped out our Government bank records stored on the computers, we only have hard copys now. However, the EMP effectivly wiped the banks clean. The Senate is in total agreement, that a move to communism will kickstart our economy.

I recall hearing one of your Junior Ministers, many moths ago now saying "God hates communists", it made me chuckle inside. Moreover, regardless of your motivation for closing the border, you should have known, that it is nothing but tundra and military bases. New London, Preston and Blackburn were hit, those are on the West coast... closer to your islands than the border. Civilians wouldnt survive this tundra without a working car, and EMP took care of that."

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' date='13 May 2010 - 07:30 AM' timestamp='1273732233' post='2296800']
Among the aid workers from various nations, one man received a communication from his home. Soon after, Emperor Bonaparte would receive a communique from an anonymous worker, apparentlyof Welsh descent.

[b]***For the Emperor's Eyes Only***[/b]

Your plight, and the unfortunate situation with your neighbors on the border, has caught the attention of some, shall we say, powerful players? Among many talents, quietly supplying worthies such as yourself with arms and ammunition is one of them. If you are interested, please convey as much to this messenger, and we will see what can be arranged.

[url="http://www.kingdomoftalossa.net/heraldry/CakyrArms.gif"][b][img]http://www.kingdomoftalossa.net/heraldry/t-cakyr.gif[/img][/b][/url]
[b]***End Message***[/b]

There was no signature with the note, just the insignia.
[/quote]

A message was sent back to the sender

I am interested, Sir/Madamn.

Bonaparte

"Hmmm.... how about we both fully disarm and get mve our troops away from the border? I'll move mine first as a gesture of goodwill. Then I'll send over $5 billion to your nation to help in rebuilding."

"After the attacks on my Nation, im not willing to totally disarm our stockpile, we must retain the ability to strike back at any Nation who uses MWD on our civilian centers.

Im also not willing to remove the soldiers from the border, it could be a ruse for surpise attack. Im by no means accusing you of dishonesty sir, but its a credible threat given the current tensions between us both. The makeshift senate house, which houses the two senatorial parties in one of the larger tents at Camp B are pushing for totaldiplomatic cut offs to Blue Heaven. The Liberal Democrats are the party pushing, the Labour Party are the ones pulling away from diplomatic blackouts between us simply because it deneys us the ability of meetings like this, inadequatly located as they are."

"We do not think it wise during the current situation if we are seen to be taking aid from your Nation after the recent... very vocal discussions between us during this *cold war* sir.

Partial disarmament is perfectly fine, maybe further down the line, further disarmament could be discussed.
Now if you dont mind Sir, ive got a Nation to rebuild and people to rehouse and treat."

Bonaparte turned and walked back inside the wall to the waiting helicopter with the soldiers.
Once the gate behind him was closed he smirked to himself and turned to Fouche, his media minister waiting in the helicopter.
"Fouche, take this recording and tell the world about the corrupt Prime Minister of Blue Heaven, who seeks all the power for himself and thinks nothing of his country."

"Yes Sire"

The Blackhawk lifted off and began its course back to Camp A at New London.

The wireless radios in the Imperium, the working televisons and loud speakers around the camps all broadcasted the message.
Broadcast on international televisions from Coats Island for the world to hear.

The recording from the meeting between Napoleon and Smith was played out to the world for them to hear John Smiths plotting, dishonest ways.

[quote][b]Napoleon[/b] "Gentlemen, good evening, I apologise for my appearence but we spotted refugees on the tundra making in the direction of the camp so we gave them a ride before coming back here.
What is it you wish to discuss Mr Smith?"

[b]Smith[/b] "I wish to talk about this cold war between our two nations. We could make this work for the both of us. We could use the fear that's currently in our citizens to give our respective branches of governments more power. By passing legislation that would be supposedly aimed at defeating the enemy, we could better centralize our respective governments and give ourselves and our predecessors more power,"

[b]Napoleon[/b] "Mr Smith, We were both elected democraticly, I was declared Emperor democraticly by the Senate and the people. In the Imperium I, and my predessor weild ultimate power already within our realm of influence.

I have an alternate proposition, some form of Dearmament, my intel tells me you may or may not posses chemical/biological WMD's.
Now the world knows the Imperium has them, after the use in Alaska.

I will be willing to destroy 1/3 of our current stockpile, if Blue Heaven does. By doing this it lessons M.A.D for us both, and moves us away from war."Mr Smith, We were both elected democraticly, I was declared Emperor democraticly by the Senate and the people. In the Imperium I, and my predessor weild ultimate power already within our realm of influence.

Now the world knows the Imperium has them, after the use in Alaska. I will be willing to destroy 1/3 of our current stockpile, if Blue Heaven does. By doing this it lessons M.A.D for us both, and moves us away from war."

[b]Smith [/b]"Hmmm.... how about we both fully disarm and get mve our troops away from the border? I'll move mine first as a gesture of goodwill. Then I'll send over $5 billion to your nation to help with rebuilding"

[b]Napoleon[/b] "After the attacks on my Nation, im not willing to totally disarm our stockpile, we must retain the ability to strike back at any Nation who uses MWD on our civilian centers.

Im also not willing to remove the soldiers from the border, it could be a ruse for surpise attack. Im by no means accusing you of dishonesty sir, but its a credible threat given the current tensions between us both. The makeshift senate house, which houses the two senatorial parties in one of the larger tents at Camp B are pushing for totaldiplomatic cut offs to Blue Heaven. The Liberal Democrats are the party pushing, the Labour Party are the ones pulling away from diplomatic blackouts between us simply because it deneys us the ability of meetings like this, inadequatly located as they are."

[b]Smith[/b] "Fine then. We will not disarm either, but we will do a partial diarmamament if you do the same. What about the $5 billion?"

[b]Napoleon[/b] "We do not think it wise during the current situation if we are seen to be taking aid from your Nation after the recent... very vocal discussions between us during this *cold war* sir.

Partial disarmament is perfectly fine, maybe further down the line, further disarmament could be discussed.
Now if you dont mind Sir, ive got a Nation to rebuild and people to rehouse and treat."[/quote]

After the recording is broadcast Napoleon steps on screen, now wearing medical garb over his military fatigues.
"You see world?, the menace over the border is devious and corrupt. Wanting to prolongue this stand off so he can gain more political power, so he has it all to himself. He is greedy, unintelligent and unfit to lead Blue Heaven. Total disarmament? he wants to open us up for further attack, he wants our borders without soldiers, his offer to remove his own men first may have been noble, but it could have just been a ploy for a later surprise attack!

He attempts to undermine Canadian integrity through corruption, dishonesty and underhanded tricks like his scheme to prolongue this *cold war* to better his own political ends. A man lacking so many morals could only have gotten into power in the first place through nepotism!

Do you see, nations of Bob, what lies over our border? I Implore you not to back the lying, corrupt regime of Blue Heaven, and support the Imperium, who wants to see a new age dawn for Blue Heaven, with a Government worthy to rule such a grand nation. Not ruled by dogs and criminals.
I want to see ana ge of prosperity and good will between our Nations, but not whilst the Tyrant Smith is in power".

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' date='13 May 2010 - 05:19 PM' timestamp='1273796380' post='2297353']
A message was sent back to the sender

I am interested, Sir/Madamn.

Bonaparte
[/quote]
Very well. I will meet you just outside the remains of New London, near Camp B, two days from now, at 10PM sharp. Bring whatever security you feel you might need, but otherwise, be alone.

If he did arrive promptly, or even a little early, a single, solitary figure would meet him in the assigned location. The figure could not be seen clearly, his face shadowed by both the dim night lighting and a wide-brimmed hat. At no point in the discussion would the figure remove the hat or reveal his face, but he would submit to a search for weapons on his person if the security personel deemed it prudent. Kind of ironic, he would think, considering the reason for this meeting.

[b]***Public Reaction***[/b]

"If this is indeed true, this only goes to show the degree of corruption that can take root in any pure form of government system, whether Dictatorship, Democracy, or Republic. The Canadians are indeed wise to distrust any nation that would be willing to foster fear amongst themasses to further dreams of power for a few."

Napoleon walked out to the location described and eyed up the solitary figure before walking over.
His kevlar vest heavy on his body, and his M9 strapped to his leg rapped annoyingly on his thigh.

"Good evening... Sir, are you who I am supposed to meet?"

There was silence for a moment, presumably the unknown figure studying him. Then there was a low chuckle, and a distinctly male, tenor voice. "I am." There was a small pause. "No guards? You certainly have balls, Emperor Bonaparte. Then again, one could already figure that out by the fact that you go out in public to work side by side with your people, to help rebuild the nation...and the original attack on Tahoe. All of these amount to why I am standing before you today. I and my organization have access to resources across the world, from weapons, to manpower, and specialized skills. And considering the situation with your neighbor, you need all the plausibly deniable help you can get. We can get you weapons and ammunition that cannot be traced to you, other military supplies...and information."

He waited for the Emperor to come to the obvious conclusion...that no help came without a price.

In agreement to the talks held last week with Mr Smith of Blue Heaven. The Imperium of Canada hereby declares the destruction of a 3rd of its WMD stockpile, in accordance to the disarmament agreement with Blue Heaven.

[i]Elsewhere near new london[/i]

"Other military supplies kid? please elaborate. It all sounds very tempting, not being able to be traced back.
Information gathering is also useful for us, missile bases, military facilties, military capibilities, economic stability etc.
The more we know, the more we can use against them."

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' date='14 May 2010 - 03:42 AM' timestamp='1273833752' post='2297701']
[i]Elsewhere near new london[/i]

"Other military supplies kid? please elaborate. It all sounds very tempting, not being able to be traced back.
Information gathering is also useful for us, missile bases, military facilties, military capibilities, economic stability etc.
The more we know, the more we can use against them."
[/quote]
"Other supplies would include things such as vehicles, uniforms...anything that cannot be directly classified as a weapon or ammunition but is still undeniably military in nature. Though naturally, the larger the item, the more difficult to procure."

"And of course, as you have already realized, knowledge is power."

Just enough of the face was visible to see the smile under the hat.

Prime Minister Smith lashed out at the Canadian Empeor. "He accuses me of not caring about my citizens, the Emperor doesn't even care about his own citizenry. I offered to end this whole 'cold war' thing right then and there and he decided to keep it going! If he truly cared about his own citizens, then wouldn't he have accepted my offer? I even offered to have Blue Heaven soldiers stand down first! Yet he didn't end it and his citizens continue to rebuild their country even though they are in great need!"

Still. the recording had a massive effect on the public and Smith's approval rating plummeted to a mere 30%. There were calls from the Utopian Progessive party for his resignation.

[b]Private[/b]

OOC: Zoot this is labeled private so you will not know what is going on. I say this because you have ignored the private tag once before and also said that you had intel on my chemical weapons even though you never did a spy op on me.

IC:

Colin Powell sat in his office across from General of the Army Robert Frost.

"I am quite shocked to see the Prime Minister being so corrupt, aren't you," asked Powell.

"Indeed Mr. Minister. I think that it is time for us to rid ourselves of this scourge."

"Ok. The HAVOC team is on standby and the Ranger Battalion will be called back."

"Understood. When shall we strike."

"Soon, possibly in a matter of hours."

"Understood."

[b]Private[/b]

The Ranger Battalion set up their camp about 50 miles from the National Palace, then Alpha and Bravo companies moved in and successfully took control of the National Palace. A HAVOC ground troop platoon then moved in a killed Roger Smith.

[b]Public[/b]

A video camera was then set up in the Grand Office and Colin Powell stepped in front of the camera. He then said the following I adress this to the world. Due to Prime Minister Smith's corruption and treachery, I have seen it as my duty to overthrow this corrupt man." Powell stepped aside and the camera zoomed in on Smith's dead body. "As you can see, Roger Smith is now dead. We have overthrown this evil and I am appointed myself as provisional Prime Minister and calling a state of emergency until the end of this 'cold war' between Blue Heaven and the Canadian Empire. If the Emperor would like to talk to me at all regarding the situation between our two nations, you may contact me at anytime."

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' date='13 May 2010 - 09:50 PM' timestamp='1273801791' post='2297433']
The wireless radios in the Imperium, the working televisons and loud speakers around the camps all broadcasted the message.
Broadcast on international televisions from Coats Island for the world to hear.

The recording from the meeting between Napoleon and Smith was played out to the world for them to hear John Smiths plotting, dishonest ways.

[i]<snip>[/i]

After the recording is broadcast Napoleon steps on screen, now wearing medical garb over his military fatigues.
"You see world?, the menace over the border is devious and corrupt. Wanting to prolongue this stand off so he can gain more political power, so he has it all to himself. He is greedy, unintelligent and unfit to lead Blue Heaven. Total disarmament? he wants to open us up for further attack, he wants our borders without soldiers, his offer to remove his own men first may have been noble, but it could have just been a ploy for a later surprise attack!

He attempts to undermine Canadian integrity through corruption, dishonesty and underhanded tricks like his scheme to prolongue this *cold war* to better his own political ends. A man lacking so many morals could only have gotten into power in the first place through nepotism!

Do you see, nations of Bob, what lies over our border? I Implore you not to back the lying, corrupt regime of Blue Heaven, and support the Imperium, who wants to see a new age dawn for Blue Heaven, with a Government worthy to rule such a grand nation. Not ruled by dogs and criminals.
I want to see ana ge of prosperity and good will between our Nations, but not whilst the Tyrant Smith is in power".
[/quote]
[quote name='kitex' date='14 May 2010 - 09:15 PM' timestamp='1273886131' post='2298165']
[b]Private[/b]

The Ranger Battalion set up their camp about 50 miles from the National Palace, then Alpha and Bravo companies moved in and successfully took control of the National Palace. A HAVOC ground troop platoon then moved in a killed Roger Smith.

[b]Public[/b]

A video camera was then set up in the Grand Office and Colin Powell stepped in front of the camera. He then said the following I adress this to the world. Due to Prime Minister Smith's corruption and treachery, I have seen it as my duty to overthrow this corrupt man." Powell stepped aside and the camera zoomed in on Smith's dead body. "As you can see, Roger Smith is now dead. We have overthrown this evil and I am appointed myself as provisional Prime Minister and calling a state of emergency until the end of this 'cold war' between Blue Heaven and the Canadian Empire. If the Emperor would like to talk to me at all regarding the situation between our two nations, you may contact me at anytime."
[/quote]

[b]PRIVATE[/b]

"Oh, crap." muttered Lance as he laid down a dossier containing the latest news reports and propaganda from the Imperium of Canada and Blue Heaven. He had just been reading its files when he received it from Shinku. At first, he was expecting more reasons to support Blue Heaven, but as he read, a look of worry began to form in Lance's face.

"Well, it seems that we made a decision too early and bet on the wrong horse, so to speak. It seems that there may be more to this than it originally looks." said Lance, sighing. "The former Blue Heaven Prime Minister's death is quite suspicious. If this Powell's ascent to power was legitimate, then why would Smith's body be laying around during the broadcast? I smell foul play."

"Indeed, Your Majesty." replied Shinku. "Does this mean that the Imperium of Canada has been right all along?" she asked.

"Not necessarily. Plus, I still don't like the 'Imperium'." replied Lance. He quickly took out a pen and a Post-it note and scribbled several lines on the note. "Send this dossier and note to Meridian as soon as possible."

"Yes, Your Majesty." said Shinku.

[b]STILL PRIVATE[/b]

[quote][center][img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091230220737/cybernations/images/thumb/2/29/DisparuGovernmentSeal.png/250px-DisparuGovernmentSeal.png[/img][/center]
[b]14 May 2011 | 14 mai 2011[/b]

[b]TO/À:[/b] Dorothy Smith, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Blue Heaven
[b]FROM/DE:[/b] Lilian Meridian, Minister of Foreign Affairs

Greetings Honourable Minister,

First off, on behalf of the Government and the people of Disparu, I would like to send our deepest condolences for the death of your husband and Prime Minister, Roger Smith. He was a great man who prioritized the needs of the people of Blue Heaven, and took care of them to the best of his abilities.

Secondly, we would like to inform you that, in light of recent events and information released by both sides of this dispute, we will be officially withdrawing our support for Blue Heaven. We made up our minds too fast without gaining much information, and thus we would like to remain neutral for now. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Take care, and good luck.

Regards,

[i]/s/[/i]
Lilian Meridian
Minister of Foreign Affairs
Member of the Empire Party[/quote]

Edited by Pikachurin