Want bad PR, well you got it

FeaR_LeSs

[quote name='nippy' date='12 May 2010 - 06:16 AM' timestamp='1273659368' post='2295920']
If it's an alliance-organized tech deal, I agree with the reimbursement....but if it was a tech deal set up between the OP and the individual in question, the nation should be expelled from DT so the OP can arrange retribution.[/quote]
Actually, back in the past when Invicta exported a lot of tech we reimbursed everyone when tech dealers went AWOL, regardless of whether it was an alliance organized tech deal or not.

We would then however talk to the recalcitrant tech seller; sometimes the seller would comply with our requests (generally redirecting the tech to an Invicta bank) and other times we'd have to be more forceful. ;)

[quote name='Archanis' date='11 May 2010 - 05:23 PM' timestamp='1273612997' post='2295175']
While the quote is worthless without proof or names or whatever, it IS still obnoxious of DT for not following through on their member's tech deal.

As for whether or not it's bad PR, I can't say either way.
[/quote]

It is not obnoxious. It seems to me that DT govt checked up once, and got no results, and this guy kept on whining to them because he felt so violated. DT gov't basically gave you clearance to attack the nation. So dont bother trying to discredit an alliance simply because you got scammed. Do you know how many times I have had tech deals fall through?

I have known DT, as an ally for awhile now....I find it really hard to believe that if Supa is aware of this, would harbor a scammer. I have talked to iFOK gov, another ally of ours and they will be talking to DT gov.

Poison Clan will guarantee this tech, worse case, if it does not get resolved. Though I am thoroughly confident that it will. Both DT and iFOK are class acts. :wub:

Edited by Derwood1

Hey Fear,

You and I both know you started a thread on the DT forums and we told you that we contacted him about it. He's in bill-lock because of some dropped-trades. [b]That's not a scam[/b]...we told you what was up, you said okay, and then you got impatient again.

I sent out $12 million to NoR dealers before the most recent war and waived the 400 tech once the conflict went underway. Why? Because it's the right thing to do.

I actually had some sympathy for you until you started this thread.

-Oz

Edited by General Ozujsko

Individual deals are individual, do not base our whole alliance on the actions of one, unless it's me.
Our guys fell off the track, as an alliance well be putting him back on it. Then well talk about getting your tech.

I'm glad you did post this though. Makes me all warm inside. :smug:

[quote name='GearHead' date='12 May 2010 - 09:23 AM' timestamp='1273652581' post='2295880']
However, as scamming is considered a punishable crime by most, and if nothing can be worked out between you and the "criminal," then does that not make that person an enemy of you, and thus an enemy of your alliance?

If so, should your alliance Govt not contact DT Govt about the matter and ask for his release so the "criminal" can be punished?

This should be the process of communication.
[/quote]

Most people are surprisingly diplomatic if you take some time to talk to them. As a ruler of a previous country I was cheated by a seller, but I talked to my government who talked to their government, and it was fixed in a day or so even when I (oops) did not even have reords of the deal except maybe a forum post.

So I guess a little more talk before angry tirades in public could have fixed this better for the poor OP?

[quote name='Supa_Troop3r' date='12 May 2010 - 01:31 PM' timestamp='1273696243' post='2296198']Individual deals are individual, do not base our whole alliance on the actions of one, unless it's me.[/quote]

I would agree. This has been something I myself have had to drive into my thick head over and over again. :P Example: I used to heckle WF because of NEO MONES. Now I just heckle NEO MONES. :ph34r: But seriously, just because one rank-and-file member is a gimp doesn't mean the whole alliance is gonna be that way. I actually have respect for some of DT's members. I'm sure if the OP talked to some of them (at the very least Supa or Myworld), he might come to do likewise.

[quote name='Louisa' date='12 May 2010 - 01:37 PM' timestamp='1273696604' post='2296203']
So I guess a little more talk before angry tirades in public could have fixed this better for the poor OP?
[/quote]

A little more conversation, a little less action? :ph34r:

All silliness aside, I agree. Granted, some people's impatience knows no bounds. <_<

Edited by Uralica

I have bought tech from DT 3 times, 2 of them were from when i was a DT member. The first one was reliable and worked well, the next... it took a month for me to get all of my tech and the last one I did, the guy deleted his nation... I will probably not do tech deals with DT nations anymore because I seem to have bad luck when picking a tech seller. I do wish the best for DT though and hope they can "get back on that track"

Edited by Masterchief777

Not once did any DT member say he was in bill lock. Not until titan your MoD said that nasty comment on your forums did I bring it here either. If I didn't bring it here when would my tech come? My govt, more specifically Mikethefirst has came to your channel multiple times looking to talk to you. When I told him that I posted this his reply was "Well now hopefully they will come to us" I am not here any longer looking for tech, you can keep your 100 tech because I am tired of waiting. Its been 2 weeks now? All I was told from you MW was you will message him yet you never told me how that went. Then Titan leaving the nasty message that I posted. If you guys were more vocal it wouldn't come to this. I am no longer here for the tech, just warning others to watch out because when your member is constantly opening my messages, back collecting, and not even responding I find that a problem. If you won't let us attack him, you won't give me the tech, and you won't expel him then what do I do?

[quote name='FeaR_LeSs' date='12 May 2010 - 06:04 PM' timestamp='1273705427' post='2296306']
Not once did any DT member say he was in bill lock. Not until titan your MoD said that nasty comment on your forums did I bring it here either. If I didn't bring it here when would my tech come? My govt, more specifically Mikethefirst has came to your channel multiple times looking to talk to you. When I told him that I posted this his reply was "Well now hopefully they will come to us" I am not here any longer looking for tech, you can keep your 100 tech because I am tired of waiting. Its been 2 weeks now? All I was told from you MW was you will message him yet you never told me how that went. Then Titan leaving the nasty message that I posted. If you guys were more vocal it wouldn't come to this. I am no longer here for the tech, just warning others to watch out because when your member is constantly opening my messages, back collecting, and not even responding I find that a problem. If you won't let us attack him, you won't give me the tech, and you won't expel him then what do I do?
[/quote]
I didn't tell you how that went because I hadn't seen you. And not every nation checks their nation everyday either. So when I found is when I posted it. And not once if you were still wondering about the status did you try to recontact me to see what was up. You decided to just come here and look like a donkey's backside and spouting your mouth off for a tech deal that was between you and a member which no one in gov actually setup for you. It's not DT's responsibility to cover for tech deals on members that delete or fail to pay up, if gov wasn't involved setting it up. If there wasn't an issue with the status of the tech seller with his bills then he'd probably be gone, but he's got financial issues that are being addressed and we will strive to take care of our members first, and get him to settle his agreements afterwords.

Edited by Myworld

Well, I guess the title says it all. Fear Less wanted bad PR and he got it. Way to look like a noob. Private channels such as IRC are much more acceptable for things like this. The guy is in bill lock.... be patient and don't get your shorts all knotted up so easily.

and I can 100% say that I wouldnt let you attack a member of my alliance just because of a botched tech deal due to him having some bill lock issues.

[quote name='FeaR_LeSs' date='13 May 2010 - 12:04 AM' timestamp='1273705427' post='2296306']
[/quote]

ok, If you went to (insert RL store) and ordered something. Lets say something arbitrary like Patio furniture. You got the really nice type of patio furniture, one with a really nice footrest, really cool umbrella and a nice table that had cool cupholders. The company says, we'll have it there in 10 days. Now, you've spent a pretty good sum of money and are excited about your patio furniture... only, it doesnt show up 10 days later. You call the company and let them know it hasnt shown up. They said, "we'll look right into it". Do you just stop there and expect them to just call you back... How long do you wait before you follow up? 1 day? 10 days? 3 weeks? no, you follow up every day until it's done. Myworld said he didn't see you or hear from you for some time.

Now, 100 tech is important to a nation I understand....but not so much to an alliance... something as small as that can honestly fall through the cracks when youre running an alliance.... especially if it was not an alliance sanctioned tech deal. The "Well, hopefully they will now come to us" argument is silly... Should they? yea, hopefully.... but what if they dont? why would you just sit back and wait....and wait.....and wait...and wait?

[quote name='FeaR_LeSs' date='12 May 2010 - 07:04 PM' timestamp='1273705427' post='2296306']
[/quote]

Wow, talk about jumping to righteous indignation without even hearing back from us about what was going on.

Titan wouldn't have sent you such a "nasty message" if you didn't come off like a petulant child in that thread. It wouldn't have come to "this" if you approached us with some maturity.

But don't let that stop you from embarrassing yourself.

[quote name='FeaR_LeSs' date='12 May 2010 - 07:04 PM' timestamp='1273705427' post='2296306']I am not here any longer looking for tech, you can keep your 100 tech because I am tired of waiting. [/quote]

Sounds like somebody needs a nap.

Since you have now said that you no longer want the tech, I would say that this sad little stunt has run its course.

Good game, everyone.

[quote name='FeaR_LeSs' date='11 May 2010 - 12:25 PM' timestamp='1273598701' post='2294814']
<snip>
[/quote]

Having read the thread in question, you really did, and continue to, come off as a petulant brat. All you've done by making this thread is is prove that point.

[quote name='Supa_Troop3r' date='12 May 2010 - 04:31 PM' timestamp='1273696243' post='2296198']
Individual deals are individual, do not base our whole alliance on the actions of one, unless it's me.
Our guys fell off the track, as an alliance well be putting him back on it. Then well talk about getting your tech.

I'm glad you did post this though. Makes me all warm inside. :smug:
[/quote]
Yeah I'm getting a good idea of the general professionality over at DT. MoD tells someone to STFU, the rest of the alliance is surprised when the person complains about the gov's boorish behavior, then the Archon demonstrates his basic lack of understanding of the way an alliance works with a "all for one, one for one" explanation of events and general smartassery.

Fear didn't know his audience like I do. You're all smug morons, so you let yourselves get caught up in Fear's poor PR skills to see the issue at hand. It's ok, though, we're not all so nearsighted.

In Colonial Independence Association (CIA) we offer buyers that want scam-protection that they can get the tech first, but only for 3mill/50tech deals. This has proven to be a most effective again scams ;)
And ofcause good bussiness for us!

Edited by GoddessOfLinn

[quote name='Schattenmann' date='13 May 2010 - 11:13 PM' timestamp='1273788765' post='2297253']
You're all smug morons
[/quote]
You have no idea how much this hurts, I thought that we had a special connection :(

----

GoddessOfLinn: I used to to that in one of my earlier countries, but it can lead to problems of non-payment :P There is really no 100% guaranteed way to make every deal work perfectly, sadly, but as long as the people on both sides have some openness (troubles can happen) and basic honesty then any deal should be safe really.

[quote name='Louisa' date='14 May 2010 - 03:34 PM' timestamp='1273844044' post='2297745']GoddessOfLinn: I used to to that in one of my earlier countries, but it can lead to problems of non-payment :P There is really no 100% guaranteed way to make every deal work perfectly, sadly, but as long as the people on both sides have some openness (troubles can happen) and basic honesty then any deal should be safe really.
[/quote]

True, but it ensure that no buyer will loose their tech! and we get paid for the extra risk we take :) + most nations that buy tech does not cheat with payment and if they do cheat then the only do it 1 time (against a CIA nation).