Tech Sale

Sephiroth

I'm selling tech at either 100 tech for $3 million or 150 tech for $4.5 million (if you have FAC) single slot deals.

All profits made selling tech will go to a good cause of my choosing. As long as I have an aid slot open just send the aid labeled tech deal and I'll accept.

Just a friendly reminder to our fellow Nation Rulers and Alliance leaders. This man is currently in 6 wars with Goons. Any and all Aid sent to him well be followed up on by GOONS.

Edited by Hidraca

Just an FYI, "good cause of my choosing" means "funding nuclear rogue actions against alliances." He even said this in a recent goodbye thread where he asked them to send him money for nukes.

Deal with Methrage at your own risk. I definitely wouldn't recommend it. At all.

[quote name='Beefspari' date='08 May 2010 - 01:41 PM' timestamp='1273340499' post='2291493']
Just an FYI, "good cause of my choosing" means "funding nuclear rogue actions against alliances." He even said this in a recent goodbye thread where he asked them to send him money for nukes.

Deal with Methrage at your own risk. I definitely wouldn't recommend it. At all.
[/quote]
Yes, nuking you guys is a good cause and that is what I meant.

[quote name='Methrage' date='08 May 2010 - 01:30 PM' timestamp='1273339788' post='2291478']
All profits made selling tech will go to a good cause of my choosing. As long as I have an aid slot open just send the aid labeled tech deal and I'll accept.
[/quote]

I didn't know that nukes counted as a "good cause".

[quote name='Methrage' date='08 May 2010 - 11:42 AM' timestamp='1273340546' post='2291495']
Yes, nuking you guys is a good cause and that is what I meant.
[/quote]
In which case anyone funding you is funding a nuclear rogue and will be classified as an EoG. Are you really intending to put other people in harm's way like that without letting anyone know what they're in for? You posted this thread with a very vague promise and didn't let anyone know they'd be in hot water if they aided you. Doesn't seem like a very honest thing to do.

Fortunately GOONS is here to set the record straight. :wub:

[quote name='Beefspari' date='08 May 2010 - 12:50 PM' timestamp='1273341008' post='2291497']
[/quote]

I think you meant: :(( GOONS :(( is here to spread lies. Or something... If anything that Methrage has said is true.

But aiding a nuclear rogue would be an issue that would lead to attacks against other nations. I don't think a lot of alliances would appreciate it either.

Edited by SublimeDelusions

[quote name='Beefspari' date='08 May 2010 - 01:50 PM' timestamp='1273341008' post='2291497']
In which case anyone funding you is funding a nuclear rogue and will be classified as an EoG. Are you really intending to put other people in harm's way like that without letting anyone know what they're in for? You posted this thread with a very vague promise and didn't let anyone know they'd be in hot water if they aided you. Doesn't seem like a very honest thing to do.

[/quote]
Unfortunately you're here to harass my customers. Go away unless your buying tech, you're bad for business. :ph34r:

[quote name='Methrage' date='08 May 2010 - 01:54 PM' timestamp='1273341243' post='2291501']
Unfortunately you're here to harass my customers. Go away unless your buying tech, you're bad for business. :ph34r:
[/quote]

I think the whole idea of being disingenuous to any potential customers over the fact that you currently are at war with us, declaring yourself to be a nuclear rogue, and would be putting themselves at risk of attack from GOONS is pretty bad for business, IMHO.

[quote name='Methrage' date='08 May 2010 - 12:54 PM' timestamp='1273341243' post='2291501']
[/quote]

[quote name='Darksol' date='08 May 2010 - 12:56 PM' timestamp='1273341392' post='2291503']
I think the whole idea of being disingenuous to any potential customers over the fact that you currently are at war with us, declaring yourself to be a nuclear rogue, and would be putting themselves at risk of attack from GOONS is pretty bad for business, IMHO.
[/quote]

Now I get it Darksol... Apparently we aren't supposed to point out that he's admitted he's a nuclear rogue, and that he's at war with us. We're chasing away his customers AND foiling his plot to lure us into attacking another alliance and having them crush us for him, even though aiding a nuclear rogue usually violates most defensive clauses.

Also, those who are smart, would probably avoid this deal due to unnecessary headaches over 100 tech.

I mean which way is better: 1) Tech Deal with a nuclear rogue and get attacked and probably lose the tech you bought, or 2) Buy tech, headache free from GOONS members and not lose it due to being attacked. B-)

Edited by SublimeDelusions

[quote name='SublimeDelusions' date='08 May 2010 - 01:59 PM' timestamp='1273341547' post='2291505']
Now I get it Darksol... Apparently we aren't supposed to point out that he's admitted he's a nuclear rogue, and that he's at war with us. We're chasing away his customers AND foiling his plot to lure us into attacking another alliance and having them crush us for him, even though aiding a nuclear rogue usually violates most defensive clauses.
[/quote]
I don't know what defense clause have to do with my tech deals, but do you want to buy any tech or not?

[quote name='Methrage' date='08 May 2010 - 01:01 PM' timestamp='1273341650' post='2291508']
I don't know what defense clause have to do with my tech deals, but do you want to buy any tech or not?
[/quote]

If people buy tech from a nuclear rogue, knowingly, and they get attacked for aiding the rogue by the nation he's nuking, usually alliances don't get involved. So the defense clause does matter to people who would buy tech, since they'd be openly asking to get attacked.

[quote name='Methrage' date='08 May 2010 - 02:01 PM' timestamp='1273341650' post='2291508']
[/quote]

Any alliance that would deal with a nuclear rogue would violate any defense clause they have, opening themselves for rightful attack from GOONS.

And we don't want to destroy your tech, we're willing to give you peace if you gave us 1400 tech. Seemed like a fair enough deal.

Edited by Darksol

[quote name='SublimeDelusions' date='08 May 2010 - 02:03 PM' timestamp='1273341796' post='2291511']
If people buy tech from a nuclear rogue, knowingly, and they get attacked for aiding the rogue by the nation he's nuking, usually alliances don't get involved. So the defense clause does matter to people who would buy tech, since they'd be openly asking to get attacked.
[/quote]
GOONS will attack anyone buying tech from me or not?

[quote name='Methrage' date='08 May 2010 - 12:05 PM' timestamp='1273341901' post='2291514']
GOONS will attack anyone buying tech from me or not?
[/quote]

GOONS will act in a diplomatic manner regardless of the situation. That is all that needs to be said.

Consider this to be a caveat emptor:

If you are thinking of buying tech from Methrage, be aware of two things.

1) He in multiple wars against members of a moderate size alliance. Hence, the tech you think you are buying may be gone by the time that he is able to pay up.
2) he is in multiple wars against members of a moderate size alliance, and conventional political wisdom is that sending aid to someone at war with an alliance is a hostile act against that alliance, whether it is part of a technology deal or not.

If you are willing to send aid to the enemy of a fairly warlike alliance, in exchange for technology that probably won't come, by all means go ahead, but be aware of the consequences associated with doing so.

I just want to make sure that consumers are aware of all the facts here.

Technology: 1,550.88

I have this much tech left and I'll get people their tech as long as I'm not in bill lock at the time (as its not possible to send outgoing aid agreements while in bill lock)

[quote name='Furril' date='08 May 2010 - 02:34 PM' timestamp='1273343648' post='2291539']
Save time...

Give people tech, take nothing in return.

I have a aid slot open and could use it.
[/quote]
Sure, send the money and as soon as the slot clears I'll send you the first package.

[quote name='magicmountain' date='08 May 2010 - 05:25 PM' timestamp='1273353916' post='2291700']
If I didn't already have my aid slots stuffed full (Thanks MK/Umbrella!) I would totally send him some money and soldiers.
[/quote]
If even GOONS would do it you know you can't go wrong buying my tech. (the ones I'm at war with) :)

Yes, I would highly recommend that anyone who has a free aid slot send Methrage some more money and soldiers. Make sure you send the soldiers, that's the most important part.

Edited by magicmountain

[quote name='magicmountain' date='08 May 2010 - 06:03 PM' timestamp='1273356193' post='2291744']
Yes, I would highly recommend that anyone who has a free aid slot send Methrage some more money and soldiers. Make sure you send the soldiers, that's the most important part.
[/quote]
The money is the most important part, but I'll accept soldiers along with the money.