An Announcement From The Legion

[center][img]http://www.avelegio.net/forums/images/smilies/legion/LegionFlag.png[/img]

[img]http://www.avelegio.net/forums/images/smilies/legion/FM.png[/img]

[color="#800080"][b][size="4"]An Announcement From The Legion Regarding Poseidon[/size][/b][/color]
[/center][center]
[/center]
[quote][b]Article XI: Withdrawal[/b]

Member alliances are free to withdraw from the agreement at any time, provided they have given one-hundred and twenty (120) hours written notice to all other member alliances, or immediately through the mutual consent of all members.[/quote]

Earlier this week, The Legion gave notice to fellow Poseidon members of our intention to withdraw from the treaty bloc. Tonight, we officially announce our withdrawal from the P.E.A.C.E. MDoAP Bloc. We wish the remaining members all the best and will continue to work with our neighbors for the betterment of the sphere.

[indent][i]Signed,[/i]
[img]http://www.avelegio.net/images/seal.png[/img]
Hubb, Imperator
Watcher, Proconsul
Feibelman, Minister of Defense
The Arbiter, Minister of Economics
Imperial, Minister of Foreign Affairs
the god of lightning, Minister of Internal Affairs
[/indent]

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you still part of the economic part or is this a full cancellation?

Either way, looks like tough times for Poseidon, not much of a team unity treaty when you're missing the three biggest alliances.

Edited by Lord Brendan

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='07 May 2010 - 08:45 PM' timestamp='1273290333' post='2291013']
Are you still part of the economic part or is this a full cancellation?[/quote]

We currently have a senator as apart of the PEACE senate rotation for this month so we will be abiding by PEACE protocol. Beyond this, we are still examining long term options.

Good luck, Legion.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='07 May 2010 - 11:45 PM' timestamp='1273290333' post='2291013']
Either way, looks like tough times for Poseidon, not much of a team unity treaty when you're missing the three biggest alliances.
[/quote]
Five biggest, actually.

Edited by Haflinger

[quote name='KagetheSecond' date='08 May 2010 - 10:42 AM' timestamp='1273311732' post='2291202']
I'm sure it was a tough decision, but its good to see none the less.
[/quote]

But their still allied by MDoAP to BAPS and Valhalla. Unless they plan to cancel on them as well, this is meaningless. Legion is just disturbing the little Unity purple had left.

Edited by KingEd

[quote name='Haflinger' date='08 May 2010 - 08:21 AM' timestamp='1273321289' post='2291242']
Good luck, Legion.

Five biggest, actually.
[/quote]
However, most of purple is still tied to each other via individual treaties. This is a reshuffle of priorities by some. TBH, the larger alliances leaving just tells me they have other plans. Some have stated lack of direction or different interests. TBH a larger alliance leaving a bloc over differences of opinion honestly tells me some other things about that alliance and its strengths, not things about the bloc itself.

That being said, I wish Legion the best in your travels. I've had some really interesting conversations with you all and look forward to continued relations regardless of treaty situation.

Edited by Buffalo Niagara

As brought up by others, this is basically symbolic as Legion still holds treaties of a higher level than Poseidon with every Poseidon signatory other than Olympus. This had been discussed several times in the past and each time eventually shot down, I wonder what prompted the change in opinion