Constitutional Convention

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As foreign dignitaries and Mongols arrived, Batukhan looked on with a smile on his face. Today would be the day the Mongol Federation would take it's proper place in the world.

OOC: I'll post 2 options per phase. If anyone else has a suggestion, feel free to post it and I'll add it to the poll if I like it.

Phase I:

[size="1"][i]Option 1[/i][/size]
[b]Preamble[/b]
We, the people of the Mongol Federation, do hereby declare the Mongol Federation to be a federal republic. We hereby declare that the Mongol Federation shall be a nation of peaceful warriors. We herby declare that [i]ALL[/i] Mongolia rightfully belongs to the Mongol Federation.

[i][size="1"]Option 2[/size][/i]
[b]Preamble[/b]
We hereby proclaim the Federal Republic of the Mongol Federation of Khanates in the name of the Mongols. We declare to the world that the Mongol Federation shall be a nation of peace 1st and war if needed. We declare that the Mongol Federation shall welcome all Mongols and all the desolate peoples of the world. To facilitate this, we present this document, the Constitution of the Federal Republic of the Mongol Federation of Khanates.
[i][size="1"]Note: Option 2 requires an official name change.[/size][/i]

Edited by Mongol Federation

OOC - I don't see the difference between the two, both preambles look like they follow the same guidelines of being peaceful until provoked and claiming Mongolia as a whole. Just one says it bluntly, and the other can be twisted as such.

Phase II

[i][size=1]Option 1[/size][/i]
[size=2][b]Article 1[/b][/size]
[size=2]Government -- The Mongol Federation shall be governed by the Executive, Legislative and Judicial Branches. The Executive branch shall be lead by the Council of Khans with the Khan of the Mongol Federation presiding. The khans of the khanates shall be appointed by the Khan of the Mongol Federation while the Khan of the Mongol Federation shall be hereditary. The[/size][size=2] Legislative Branch shall be made up of 1 senator from each[/size][size=2] khanate, each appointed by the Khan of the Mongol Federation from 2 candidates elected by the people from the [/size][size=2]relevant khanates. The [/size][size=2]Judicial Branch shall be made up of 5 judges appointed by the Mongol Senate.[/size]
[size=2]
[/size]
[i][size=1]Option 2[/size][/i]
[size=2][b]Article 1[/b][/size]
[size=2]Government -- The people shall be governed by the [/size][size=2]Executive, Legislative and Judicial Branches. The Executive Branch shall be lead by a popularly elected president and advised by the C[/size][size=2]ouncil of Khans with the Khan of the Mongol Federation presiding. The khans of the khanates shall be appointed by the Khan of the Mongol Federation while the Khan of the Mongol Federation shall be hereditary. The Legislative Branch shall be made up of a High House and Low House. The High House shall be made up of the Mongol Senate with 1 senator from each khanate. Each senator will be appointed by their relevant khan. The Low House shall be made up of the People's [/size][size=2]Council with 2 councilors from each khanate. Each councilor shall be [/size][size=2]popularly elected. The Judicial Branch shall be [/size][size=2]made up of 5 judges appointed by the People's Council and approved by the Mongol Senate.[/size]

[quote name='Owned-You' date='06 May 2010 - 05:26 PM' timestamp='1273181145' post='2289316']
OOC - I don't see the difference between the two, both preambles look like they follow the same guidelines of being peaceful until provoked and claiming Mongolia as a whole. Just one says it bluntly, and the other can be twisted as such.
[/quote]

Yes, option 1 will always be warlike/authoritarian and option 2 will always be peaceful, humanitarian and democratic. The result of this convention will decide the RP path my nation takes.

[size="2"]Phase III

[i][size="1"]Option 1[/size][/i][/size]
[size="2"][b]Article 2[/b][/size]
[size="2"][b]Section 1[/b][/size]
[size="2"]Powers of Government -- The Council of Khans shall hold final authority on all issues and each khan shall rule equally within their khanates and under the Khan of the Mongol Federation. The Mongol Senate my debate bills and send them to the khans for passage. The Mongol Senate may also serve an advisory role to the khans. The judges may pass judgment in a court of law and shall be tasked with protecting and upholding this constitution.[/size]

[size="2"][b]Section 2[/b][/size]
[size="2"]Terms -- The Council of Khans shall rule for life. A senator shall serve for no longer then 1 year unless reelected. The judges shall serve for life or until removed by the Khan of the Mongol Federation.[/size]

[b][size="2"]Article 2[/size][/b]
[b][size="2"]Section 1[/size][/b]
[size="2"]Powers of Government -- The President shall have the power to declare war, represent the Mongol Federation in international diplomacy and declare laws with the support of the Mongol Senate. The Council of Khans shall have no law making powers and may advise the president. In the event that the president cases to be able to preform their duties, the Khan of the Mongol Federation shall take power until such time that a new president is elected. The Khan of the Mongol Federation shall be the head of state and the president the head of government. The Mongol Senate may debate and pass laws and may veto a presidential decree with a simple majority vote. The People's Council may debate and pass bills for senatorial consideration. [/size][size="2"]The judges may pass judgment in a court of law and shall be tasked with protecting and upholding this constitution.[/size]

[size="2"][b]Section 2[/b][/size]
[size="2"]Terms -- The President shall rule for no longer 2 years unless reelected. The Council of Khans shall serve for life. [/size][size="2"]A senator shall serve for no longer then 1 year unless reelected and a councilor no longer then 5 years unless reelected. T[/size][size="2"]he judges shall serve for life or until removed by the president.[/size]

• 2 weeks later...

Phase IV

[i][size="1"]Option 1[/size][/i]
[b]Article 3[/b]
Rights of the Citizenry -- The citizenry shall have the freedom of lawful demonstration, non-derogatory speech and worship.

[b]Article 3[/b]
Rights of the People -- All people shall, upon receiving a permit, be permitted to demonstrate for a cause. All people, so long as they do not issue physical threats, may say what they please. All people may worship as they please but must respect the State Religion. All people have freedom of movement throughout the Mongol Federation and may leave and come (if citizens) as they please.