Stock Market question...

SilentKilla

Thanks man.

Merely inquisitive now...why do most choose this over say the Great temple?

Stock Market is $5mil cheaper.
The happiness bonus for that would double the amount received after taxes....
How do you figure that? Something tells me that we aren't on the same page here.

Unfortunately they aren't the same.

Once you tax the $10 at the normal 28% = $2.80

If you have all the income related improvements, the happiness cost after taxes is $1.16 / happiness point. Given the Temple gives you +5 happiness 5 * $1.16 = $5.80

So you've doubled your income per person for this wonder. Given my question why would so many people purchase the Stock Market first over others given it has less return...

Unfortunately they aren't the same.

Once you tax the $10 at the normal 28% = $2.80

If you have all the income related improvements, the happiness cost after taxes is $1.16 / happiness point. Given the Temple gives you +5 happiness 5 * $1.16 = $5.80

So you've doubled your income per person for this wonder. Given my question why would so many people purchase the Stock Market first over others given it has less return...

You should check out my comment on the forum. ;)

You forgot to count bank/uni/etc. percentage increases to that $10. Stock Market and Great Temple give you just about the same amount of increase in tax money. It's just the Great Temple is $5,000,000 more expensive as stated above.

Edited by Crackonia

Stock Market

$10 times 1.82= 18.2

18.2/100*28= 5.096

Great Temple

5 Happiness= 10$

Repeat Above Calculation.

Therefore they are both the same in terms of income. The 5 Million cheaper is why the Stock Market is sought out first

Edited by Stylesjl

To compare the temple with the SM there is no need for sums.

Both wonders affect your income "at base". Great temple = +5 happiness = +$10 at base, SM = +$10 at base. They are exactly the same except for the price.

Regarding actual improvement of your "take-home" pay, you indeed need to consider the modifiers, so the $10 becomes +$20.76 if you have all relevant improvements, and then you take your 28% from that.