A Flamboyant Poll

A Flamboyant Poll  

154 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

the picture for the first question:

[size="7"]Poll Explained[/size]

This issue of the MC-XAminer is a little light on MCXA news so I thought I'd include this poll, which was created in its original form with a few other questions was created by one of our chanceolors MCP13, I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. Some of the questions not included were "Is the color of MCXA forums to dreary", and these as well.

*Disclaimer, the poll questions included for you to vote on, in their first form used MCXA members, we also did not take these polls seriously, they were just for lulz.

[size="7"]MCXA Tournament Edition Gains Sanction[/size]

By Jrkee

MCXA TE team is proud to see that in Tournament edition round 11 we are among the top alliances. We are currently a sanctioned TE alliance. We have been around for a couple of TE rounds. We started out small, around 10 members, and now in this round we have almost 40 members and we are the 11th strongest alliance in TE. We have now seen members apply from outside MCXA standard edition to join our tournament edition alliance. We are looking forward to a strong round for MCXA TE and to keep on our path of growing until we are tops in Planet Steve.

MCXA especially encourages its newer members to join tournament edition so they can introduce themselves to the mechanics of war in Cyber Nations.

Anyone interested in joining MCXA TE should go to www.mcxa-cross.com fill out an application and just state on there you are applying for TE addition.

[size="7"]Beer Review: Miller High Life[/size]

by Bryn 1030

Cost - At the local liquor store you can pick up a 24 case for around 17 dollars. Prices are cheap but so is the beer.

Appearance - Typical adjunct lager golden color. The can design (although having nothing to do with the beer itself) looks dated and unattractive.

Smell - Decently strong smell for it's category upon cracking the can open. Too bad it's of fillers, as well as the metallic tinge from the can.

Taste - First sip exemplifies what smells come from, although it still isn't a *good* flavor. Watery corn comes to mind. For best taste serve COLD, any warmer then 40F and its drinkablity drops significantly.

Mouthfeel - Very carbonated. Too much so for my taste, but then what would The Champagne of Beers be without a little inspiration from the bubbly.

Drinkablity - It's definitly drinkable, but it isn't refreshing or drinkable enough to drink through a hot August day if that's what your looking for.

Overall, not something I would buy or recommend, unless I am looking for a cheap night of drinking. However, at the same time I can't say much that's bad about it for it's category, and that's why I hate it. It's just so boring and down-the-middle. There are no exciting flavors here. Nothing differentiates it from any other beer. No character.

Serving type: 24 case 12oz cans,

Rating 4/10

[size="7"]Alliance and Player of April[/size]

By SuperCoolYellow
Player of the Month
Do you think it would be fun to negotiate peace between two major coalitions at war? Trust me it isn't. I've heard from many people that it takes a tooooon of time and is a thankless job. It can be stressful and can make it hard to keep your cool. For the tifdit coalition most of its members handled their own peace agreements individually. CnG and friends however, were lead by one SirWilliam, who spend weeks working on the final product of the Easter Peace agreement. I have talked to some of the people who negotiated for Tifdit Alliances, and they tellme that SirWilliam handled himself well through out. There was a bump at the end with Gramlins, and I'm thankful that SirWilliam and the rest of CnG and Co. didn't feel the need to keep the war going on behalf of their more militant friends. Congratulations to SirWilliam on being the player of the month.

Alliance of the Month
In discussions about who should get alliance of the month, the first suggestion was a snide one about Gramlins. I also considered Viridian Entente for treatying Fok and Umbrella, which is like picking up your favorite chainsaw, and a batch of grenades in a zombie shooter. However it became clear that one alliance clearly stood out, first for the best April Fools prank, and then Earning Sanction. Few alliances have impacted CN as much as the Mushroom Kingdom, and they surely deserve sanction. Congratulations to the Mushroom Kingdom, on sanction, forums pips, and being the alliance of the month.

*MK members pls be advised that posting just a :smug: smiley is considered a spam post, please make sure you have three words in any replies. wink.gif

Edited by supercoolyellow

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='05 May 2010 - 06:15 PM' timestamp='1273101304' post='2288187']
[color="#0000FF"]So, is MCXA kissing up to MK now? Well, I suppose it was only a matter of time.[/color]
[/quote]

In all actuality I don't think we like MK that much, we just give credit where credit is due.

A few notes

1. These usually go in the Alliance announcements section, but that section doesn't allow for polls. IF a mod could move this over there, it would be much appreciated.

2. Typically I try to put these out on the first, but RL got in the way, my apologies for the delay.

[quote name='AndrewHG' date='05 May 2010 - 07:18 PM' timestamp='1273101479' post='2288191']
RV this is a free press m8
SCY publishes what he wants.

Regards
Andrew
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Still seems to me that he is kissing up to MK. I just find it disappointing. That's all.[/color]

[quote name='supercoolyellow' date='05 May 2010 - 07:18 PM' timestamp='1273101504' post='2288192']
In all actuality I don't think we like MCXA that much, we just give credit where credit is due.[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]MCXA doesn't like MCXA? Well, I suppose I can't blame you. But a bit of friendly advice, some confidence in your alliance wouldn't be a bad thing to have.[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='05 May 2010 - 04:19 PM' timestamp='1273101559' post='2288194']
[color="#0000FF"]Still seems to me that he is kissing up to MK. I just find it disappointing. That's all.[/color]
[/quote]

You expected better from MCXA?

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='05 May 2010 - 06:19 PM' timestamp='1273101569' post='2288195']
Bit of a slip there. :P
[/quote]

Yeah I fixed it, and sadly I do that a lot.

[ooc] makes things really akward when you call your current girlfriend by your ex-girlfriend's name <_< [/ooc]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='05 May 2010 - 06:19 PM' timestamp='1273101559' post='2288194']
[color="#0000FF"]MCXA doesn't like MCXA? Well, I suppose I can't blame you. But a bit of friendly advice, some confidence in your alliance wouldn't be a bad thing to have.[/color]
[/quote]

Seeing as you have a sig going after your own alliance, and its been that way for at least month, you have no room to talk :P

Anyhow unless we suddenly sign treaties with MK, I hardly doubt you can say we're kissing up to them. I firmly believe that alliances on other sides of the treaty web should be able to respect each other. IF you believe otherwise, than [ooc]you are likely not enjoying this game as much as you should. [/ooc]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='05 May 2010 - 07:15 PM' timestamp='1273101304' post='2288187']
[color="#0000FF"]So, is MCXA kissing up to MK now? Well, I suppose it was only a matter of time.[/color]
[/quote]
MCXA has always been a slave of MK, I don't know what you are talking about. Join us next week when they hand over all of their sovereignty to us for fun!

:rolleyes:

[quote name='Banksy' date='06 May 2010 - 01:01 AM' timestamp='1273104083' post='2288248']
All I get out of this is that you only have 30 active members~
[/quote]

Thanks for that.
We have 14 of them wanting to get into TCs.. Visit our forum foreign trade hub for the list :ehm:

[quote name='Banksy' date='05 May 2010 - 07:01 PM' timestamp='1273104083' post='2288248']
All I get out of this is that you only have 30 active members~
[/quote]

I don't know why the number of people voted on that poll that did, but I do know that your number of 30 is off. We have far more active members than that.

[quote name='Londo Mollari' date='05 May 2010 - 08:24 PM' timestamp='1273105422' post='2288278']
Jack Diorno and I are winning this poll. I am shocked, shocked I tell you that anyone considers me flamboyant. :smug:
[/quote]

Don't be modest...ok, you aren't being modest. You could practically light a barbecue grill just by walking past it.

Voted:

1. Delta. The picture [i]was[/i] random and insane after all :P

2. Cooking a roast. Only thing I've ever cooked successfully that wasn't ready-made was turkey soup. :ph34r:

3. Bilrow. It's always the person you least suspect.

Also, it's too bad the Flying Kiwis' SE equivalent isn't in that position :lol1:

Credit where its due but TOP regaining its sanction after the epic way they fought the war without merging into another strong alliance was for more deserving. The April fools day prank turned out to be true , they merged anyway. So it was hardly a great prank in retrospect. I echo the sentiments of my esteemed fellow ranter RV.

Edited by Alterego