Help me put YOUR flag in game!

Londo Mollari

[center][IMG]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081204103943/cybernations/images/3/32/Athens_flag.jpg[/IMG][/center]

The following PM has been sent to every alliance leader/influential member I can think of. Only 1 per alliance though. :awesome:

[quote]Why should you do this? Because it gives you a chance to PUT YOUR FLAG IN GAME! Here’s how!
1) You mass message all of your membership and tell them to “LIKE” Athens, explaining that this will give your alliance a chance at getting its own flag or war flag into the game!
2) You PM me back that your alliance will be participating in the “LIKE ATHENS” campaign!
3) Athens wins the “LIKE” contest, and gets to put 3 flags in game!
4) We put our own flag in. We also put 2 more flags in, which are randomly chosen by a fair drawing conducted by a neutral 3rd party. Each alliance has an (X/Y) * 100% chance of winning the first flag slot, and an (X/Y-Z) * 100% chance of winning the second flag slot, where:
X= number of members in your alliance at the time you PM me back.
Y = number of members in all alliances that PM me back.
Z = number of members in the alliance that wins the first flag slot.
5) You should TOTALLY do this with your alliance. :D[/quote]

Basically this is a giant lottery scheme to give every single alliance (of any size) that responds in support of Athens a decent shot at getting a flag in game. This is cool for you because:

A) It requires very little effort. All you have to do is tell your members and possibly allies to "LIKE" us in game. One short mass PM and you have bought an in game flag lottery ticket so to speak.

B) Unless you're going to go to large amounts of effort, your alliance probably isn't going to win the 3 flags. This scheme gives ANY alliance of ANY size a chance to get a flag in game. Not a 100% chance but hey that's what makes things like this exciting.

C) You can PM me in game if you can vouch that you will ask your whole alliance to participate in this. Remember, we do have to win to get you YOUR flag in game. :)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Biazt' date='05 May 2010 - 12:14 AM' timestamp='1273043630' post='2287437']
Don't listen to this crazed lunatic, like GOONS instead.

Edit: also it is ironic :colbert:
[/quote]
GOONS is far superior to Athens. If we win, we won't just add one of our own flags, we'll add three! That's three times better, because we care three times as much. Why Like for an alliance that can't even get three flags together? That's a Like for poor coordination! Also I'm pretty sure Athens is evil and throws kittens into puppies.

Who would be the neutral third party? I am already having thoughts of MK etc. magically winning the random selection. Nothing against Athens personally, and I know this is OOC. I'd say the same about any alliance doing such an offer really. I'm a paranoid person, what can I say.

But yeah, this was a smart move. Especially getting it out there so early. :)

[quote name='rabonnobar' date='05 May 2010 - 10:13 PM' timestamp='1273050799' post='2287519']
Who would be the neutral third party? I am already having thoughts of MK etc. magically winning the random selection. Nothing against Athens personally, and I know this is OOC. I'd say the same about any alliance doing such an offer really. I'm a paranoid person, what can I say.

[/quote]

We already have two flags. Why would we need a third?

[quote name='rabonnobar' date='05 May 2010 - 04:13 AM' timestamp='1273050799' post='2287519']

[/quote]

When I said neutral I meant neutral. I was gonna ask GPA or someone else neutral to do it, if GPA wouldn't.

Also as an update: only 1 alliance has accepted my offer to date. This is a great shot for anyone to get their flag in game. Anyone at all. Heck, you can enter this even just as one nation (if your alliance doesn't enter) by LIKING us and posting in this thread that you did it. :awesome:

[quote name='Londo Mollari' date='05 May 2010 - 05:55 PM' timestamp='1273078501' post='2287744']
When I said neutral I meant neutral. I was gonna ask GPA or someone else neutral to do it, if GPA wouldn't.

Also as an update: only 1 alliance has accepted my offer to date. This is a great shot for anyone to get their flag in game. Anyone at all. Heck, you can enter this even just as one nation (if your alliance doesn't enter) by LIKING us and posting in this thread that you did it. :awesome:
[/quote]

How about the Neutral Pacific Order? :P

I'd be surprised if anyone would accept this deal.. I mean, why to support the certainty of Athens getting a flag in exchange for the uncertainty of being picked to upload yours?

The only way this deal would be profitable for someone to be part of it would be if everyone participating had even chances of uploading a flag. That would would make sense.

[quote name='Lusitan' date='06 May 2010 - 06:15 AM' timestamp='1273079724' post='2287755']
I'd be surprised if anyone would accept this deal.. I mean, why to support the certainty of Athens getting a flag in exchange for the uncertainty of being picked to upload yours?
[/quote]

Small alliances would likely have a chance doing it this way then trying to do it by themselves. Considering the Orders are already at 60+ most small alliances would have to band together anyway.

[quote name='Londo Mollari' date='05 May 2010 - 04:55 PM' timestamp='1273078501' post='2287744']
[/quote]

Sweet.

So, how do we track how many likes each alliance has?