Most Liked CN Alliance

admin

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='ktarthan' date='05 May 2010 - 12:19 PM' timestamp='1273079938' post='2287760']
I propose that if a sanctioned alliance wins, they be awarded only two flags, and the remaining flag be awarded to the most liked non-sanctioned alliance. You guys have a flag already, it's only fair!
[/quote]

most likely the said alliance would use their war flag or allied flags.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' date='05 May 2010 - 10:32 AM' timestamp='1273080757' post='2287769']
most likely the said alliance would use their war flag or allied flags.
[/quote]
Yes but the point is that GOONS, as far as I can tell, is in third behind NPO and NpO. I did not say my proposition was unbiased. I just want GOONS to get at least one flag.

Sorry to be a little less enthusiastic about your idea admin, but I don't see the use of incorporating facebook into cybernations. I also think the use of incentives to make people sign up for facebook is a bad idea. Aside from that, myself and most of my fellow Dutchmen use a Dutch version of facebook so that means you are excluding some ethnic groups here.

It should probably be the most 'likes' as a proportion of the membership or something. Otherwise most alliances stand no chance and you'll just be giving NpO, NPO, MHA or Sparta flags. And they already have flags.

Also where's the "Dislike" button for Athens? :awesome:

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='Penkala' date='05 May 2010 - 10:51 AM' timestamp='1273081850' post='2287785']
It should probably be the most 'likes' as a proportion of the membership or something. Otherwise most alliances stand no chance and you'll just be giving NpO, NPO, MHA or Sparta flags. And they already have flags.
[/quote]
Then I will just make a one-man AA and have all of GOONS vote for it.

[quote name='ktarthan' date='05 May 2010 - 07:19 PM' timestamp='1273079938' post='2287760']
I propose that if a sanctioned alliance wins, they be awarded only two flags, and the remaining flag be awarded to the most liked non-sanctioned alliance. You guys have a flag already, it's only fair!
[/quote]
It's not supposed to be fair,

[quote]deal with it :smug:[/quote]

damn, long phonecall delayed the post a bit

[quote name='LJ Scott' date='05 May 2010 - 02:03 PM' timestamp='1273086169' post='2287845']
GOONS to win or I'll be [b]outraged[/b].
[/quote]
We will win, because our cause is just.

[quote name='Letum' date='05 May 2010 - 12:15 PM' timestamp='1273079703' post='2287754']
Is there some limit to how many alliances a person can "like"? Because I've tried two so far, and they both go up.

If you can vote for everyone you like, then big and active alliances lose much of their advantage.
[/quote]
There is no limit to how many alliances you can Like.

[quote name='admin' date='05 May 2010 - 01:43 PM' timestamp='1273092198' post='2287990']
There is no limit to how many alliances you can Like.
[/quote]
I've attempted to test this, and it seems there may be an issue somewhere.

I went to another alliance page with 40 likes, clicked like. The JS is working to update the HTML on the page to show 41, but upon refresh the number changed back to 40.
I checked my facebook page, which had the like show up.
I removed the like from Facebook, refreshed, and it still showed 40, but the "Like" button was still highlighted.
I clicked the "Like" button to un-highlight it, again the JS worked correctly to reduce it to 39, but upon refresh it was once again 40.

[quote name='King Puffington' date='05 May 2010 - 02:38 PM' timestamp='1273095475' post='2288062']
It seems that my like button has disappeared since the last time I looked, and the share button doesn't work either, on any page. Whoever can help me gets a Like. D:
[/quote]
Facebook has been going down occasionally today, screwing with the Like button. Wait a bit and see if it comes back.

Edit: Also, script disabling addons in Firefox will muck with it, too.

Edited by ktarthan

[quote name='ktarthan' date='05 May 2010 - 09:50 PM' timestamp='1273092622' post='2287999']

I went to another alliance page with 40 likes, clicked like. The JS is working to update the HTML on the page to show 41, but upon refresh the number changed back to 40.
I removed the like from Facebook, refreshed, and it still showed 40, but the "Like" button was still highlighted.
I clicked the "Like" button to un-highlight it, again the JS worked correctly to reduce it to 39, but upon refresh it was once again 40.
[/quote]

I had the same issue when I voted on an alliance with 50 likes. It showed 51, I navigated away, then returned, and it was 50, but Like was still highlighted. That was the only alliance I'd liked.

[quote name='ktarthan' date='05 May 2010 - 09:50 PM' timestamp='1273092622' post='2287999']

[/quote]
if you refresh then you are essentially clicking the like button a 2nd time. which makes it an "unlike" button. dont hit f5 or refresh. exit and come back.