Most Liked CN Alliance

admin

So I was writing a new [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?app=blog&module=display&section=blog&blogid=1&showentry=1704"]blog entry[/url] tonight and the idea of a little friendly competition amongst the alliances in Cyber Nations struck me as a fun idea. The contest: Which alliance in the game can get the most Like button clicks by the end of May? From my blog:

[quote]So far [url="http://www.cybernations.net/stats_alliance_stats_custom.asp?Alliance=New+Polar+Order"]New Polar Order[/url] is winning hands down with 21 Likes with [url="http://www.cybernations.net/stats_alliance_stats_custom.asp?Alliance=New+Pacific+Order"]New Pacific Order[/url] in a distant second with 10 Likes.[/quote]
The winner of the competition gets bragging rights and the submission of three custom flags to be uploaded to CN:Standard and CN:TE. If your alliance has a flag in the game already then this can be your war flag or anything else that you have always wanted to see in the game (subject to approval). This contest applies only to CN:Standard. I'll go through the alliances stats pages and select a winner on May 31st.

Here's a screenshot of where you can find the Like button for an alliance in-game:
[IMG]http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd188/18932471/Cyber%20Nations/likecn.jpg[/IMG]

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='admin' date='05 May 2010 - 12:44 AM' timestamp='1273038281' post='2287382']
So I was writing a new [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?app=blog&module=display&section=blog&blogid=1&showentry=1704"]blog entry[/url] tonight and the idea of a little friendly competition amongst the alliances in Cyber Nations struck me as a fun idea. The contest: Which alliance in the game can get the most Like button clicks by the end of May? From my blog:

The winner of the competition gets bragging rights and the submission of three custom flags to be uploaded to CN:Standard and CN:TE. If your alliance has a flag in the game already then this can be your war flag or anything else that you have always wanted to see in the game (subject to approval). I'll go through the alliances stats pages and select a winner on May 31st.
[/quote]

Oh wow.

[quote name='theArrowheadian' date='05 May 2010 - 12:46 AM' timestamp='1273038368' post='2287383']
What you should be asking is, "Who has the most members?"
[/quote]

Not necessarily. MHA has over 100 more members than NpO yet they only have 3 Likes compared to NpO's 21. Plus, you can Like other alliances in the game other than your own. And finally there is an additional trick that you can use but I'll save that for the most clever among you to figure out and take advantage of. (it doesn't involve cheating the numbers or anything unfair)

[quote name='theArrowheadian' date='05 May 2010 - 12:46 AM' timestamp='1273038368' post='2287383']
What you should be asking is, "Who has the most members?"
[/quote]

Its a wee bit more complicated than that, but I'm not going to tell you why, b/c I want every advantage for MCXA I can get.

Also is anyone else close to Pacifica atm?

edit: Admin already explained why this its more complicated :(

edit: Sorry, but there's still one more trick that you can use. - admin

Edited by admin

[quote name='admin' date='05 May 2010 - 12:52 AM' timestamp='1273038703' post='2287386']
Not necessarily. MHA has over 100 members than NpO yet they only have 3 Likes compared to NpO's 21. Plus, you can Like other alliances in the game other than your own.
[/quote]

You realize this is going to result in ridiculous amounts of PM spam, right? :awesome:

It may make more sense to figure out how to do it percentagewise, or to prohibit people from voting for their own alliance...

I have to agree, that the competition won't really work out fairly as the largest alliances will be the only ones with even a shot at winning this.

It would have been nice to have a flag though... I hope the winner makes something cool...

[quote name='Yuurei' date='05 May 2010 - 12:54 AM' timestamp='1273038850' post='2287390']
It would have been nice to have a flag though... I hope the winner makes something cool...
[/quote]

If you are friends with the winner, or are willing to shell out some foreign aid, then maybe you can still have your own flag. ;)

[quote name='Yuurei' date='05 May 2010 - 12:54 AM' timestamp='1273038850' post='2287390']
It may make more sense to figure out how to do it percentagewise, or to prohibit people from voting for their own alliance...

I have to agree, that the competition won't really work out fairly as the largest alliances will be the only ones with even a shot at winning this.

[/quote]

I think one thing an alliance can do is agree to give flags to other alliances that help it win the competition.

[quote name='Yuurei' date='05 May 2010 - 04:54 PM' timestamp='1273038850' post='2287390']

[/quote]I believe the most active alliance has the upper hand here. Some alliances may have more members, but they've got a lot more inactives.

I don't want my friends to know about CN really. Being a fake ruler of a fake nation being a fake minister talking to 40 year olds all day. xD I might not "Like" UPN. =P

But good luck to all who take part! It'll be very interesting to see who wins.

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' date='05 May 2010 - 01:36 AM' timestamp='1273041343' post='2287408']
This is an awesome idea. Call it a popularity contest, but admit it IS fun. After all, a little friendly competition not involving nukes flying is healthy once in a while, eh?
[/quote]
Healthy, but rare. I'm more familiar with where 'Launch Nuclear Missile' is than 'Like Alliance'.

..sad truth? I'm serious. How do I do this? For all I know I need to honk my horn when I drive by protesters to show support.

[quote name='Lukcia' date='04 May 2010 - 11:51 PM' timestamp='1273042261' post='2287417']
...talking to 40 year olds all day.
[/quote]

Oh, good sir, you overestimate this. It's not talking to the 40 year olds that makes us look bad, nay. It's talking to the 12 year olds that makes us look ridiculous and pedophile-ish.

Now people will create facebook accounts or say they like the alliance just because will won something for it while us in NpO were using that just because we really like ourselves :awesome:

[quote name='AirMe' date='05 May 2010 - 10:45 AM' timestamp='1273063493' post='2287577']
Any alliance that spams in game for votes should be disqualified from the competition. <_<
[/quote]

I agree with this.