Vision of Gaia

Sarah Tintagyl

Across the world, the pamphlets, anonymous, we sent to all media outlets for distribution. If lucky, they would not be censored from the eyes of the public who the pamphlets were intended for.

---

[u][center][size="4"]The Vision of Gaia[/size][/center][/u]

[i]People of Earth,

I am honored to get this chance to speak with you for it is not often that two intelligent people can take time out of their day to discuss the problems of the world at large. Whether you are standing, sitting, listening to this message from a third party, in which case I am also talking to you the reader, Planet Earth is in danger and now more than ever, she requires your immediate help. With the onset of various technological revolutions, mankind has without a doubt moved away from its simple beginnings and while that is not a bad thing for our world, how this technology has been used developed to further the advances of greed, power, and might across time. I have lived too long in this world to watch as weapons and machines of war have ravaged across the countrysides, laying waste to fields and plains, mountains and forests. In the wake of these war machines, hundreds of thousands of people have died and while some war is understandable, the wars that take place now serve only a purpose to bring humanity closer to extinction. Leaders of Earth wage war, rallying their populations into fanatical frenzy only to watch those same people die on wastelands far away from their homelands. For the sins of humanity, I do not hold the people of Earth at fault. No, I hold the leaders of the artificial states created across the continents at fault. To much of humanity's leadership is far too worried about their own gains and the gains of their artificial organizations, then the well being of their own population and this fanaticism must end, lest a more dangerous fanaticism arises.

What must be understood first, is the philosophy behind the idea of a state. What is a state? A state is an artificial creation of humans, joined together to better serve the advancement of civilization. The first states were able to coin money, create a common currency that freed man from bartering, they provided health and safety to their populations and in return, the newly appointed, elected, or despotic leaders, all members of that state's elite asked but a simple service from the majority of the population. Die for them on the field of battle, because of that those who died would be rewarded in heaven, and for the powerful that sat back, vast new tracts of land, resources, and so forth were brought to their feet. Not much has changed over the millenniums.

Now we are faced, as a species with new storms and new signs that life, at least for the majority of people, will not improve. The current Order on Earth has reigned for too long and is beginning to show the signs of decay. Because of this decay and the inherent sight that history will continue to repeat itself down this forsaken path a new ideal must arise, a new dream, a new vision for Earth. The Vision of Gaia.

Gaia, Earth, Nature, are all of the same being, the lifeblood and the strength of all our species, without the strength of the Earth, mankind would simply fade into oblivion. Now, Gaia is rotting, rotting because of the Old Order and for that reason, that Order must be replaced. This is the Order of Aggressive Warfare, the Order of Imperialism, the Order of Greed. This is an Order of men and women that seek to manipulate their fellow brothers and sisters into sacrificing everything for their artificial creations of states. Their money, their welfare, their health, their labor and even their lives. People of Earth, you do not need to stand for this tyranny, you do not need to stand for the demands of leaders that you are not well acquainted with. Envision a world that begins to transform through the destructive fires and refreshing waters of rebirth. Imagine a world without divided states and peoples, but instead a united and Global Earth, a return to the State of Nature, where this idea of false collectivism that is only geared towards the benefit of the few is cast aside and forgotten. There is a vision, People of Earth, a vision that the Earth can be reborn, new leaders, new philosophies, new ideas, instead of the same cycle over and over again. All that must be done is to embrace the natural Chaos of this planet and in doing so, embrace the new Life that awaits for a reborn Earth. Because it is not without destroying the current Order that we can every have an Order of Life that we believe in and that serves the people of Earth.

Leaders of Earth, I know full well that not all of you are guilty of the crime of rot and in fact many of you have done your best to prevent the stagnation of the Old Order. Your efforts are not in vain, you seek to change the world through word of mouth, you seek to establish a new history by standing firm against oppression and rot and yet some of you are disappointing to even refer to yourselves as leaders. This is a warning to both you, your entourage, and your people. In the future, the fires of rebirth will engulf the world. There is still time to remove the rot from your land and breathe life into our dying planet. But if you cannot do that, if you cannot overcome your pride then the rebirthing flames will destroy the rot and allow the rebirth to take place on its own. Those of you who at this very moment wage aggressive war, those of you who mistreat your people, those of you who allow fanaticism to reign supreme. All of this will change and you have been warned of the changes.

There will come a time when the rot is destroyed by fire and after that there will comes rains that replenish the Earth. The world, in a hundred years, in a millennium, will be a global world, a world without states, a world where humanity can finally look beyond itself and prepare for the New Order an Order that will be protected from the Rot of Time. So come, rise People of Earth, take back what is yours, take back what the rot has taken from you. For there to be an age of bliss and prosperity, there must be separation from the Old Order. For that, there must be an Age of Chaos. [/i]

The message was read before the Canadian Senate by the Imperial Marshal. The words touched the hearts and minds of the assembled Senators who proceeded to put together a vote of no confidence was put forward against the war.
They no longer believed in the wars cause.

A message was sent to the Emperor with the results of the vote, Imploring him to find a ceasefire with his Tahoan enemies.

In the Isara Alliance, where the media was largely state controlled, Gregor Eivanov was the first to read the pamphlets that the Isaran media had received. Though he allowed the pamphlets to be released to the Isaran public, he commented before various questions about the content:
"Though it is a well written and interesting read, and certainly describes a desirable state of being...I do not find the goals laid out in this pamphlet to be realistic."
Meanwhile, the pamphlet gained few followers in Isara, whose citizens had grown up with a philosophy very different from the one described.
--Classified--
The Drei Macht, Eivanov especially, were interested about who created this pamphlet, and just how they planned to bring about this 'New Order' and 'Age of Chaos', which possibly threatened Isaran interests.

Edited by Kaede Alexeivich

Underground Bunker in Nova Sol Terra

"These pamphlets gentlemen were distributed through out the nation today by a number of unknown people. Some of these people were found dead due to the civil war brewing in the nation but many more must have gotten away" spoke the man in the business suit at the head of the wodden table.

"It seems whoever sent this wants to organise a new world order and whoever it was also left a pretty obvious warning. This could interfere with our plans. Make sure that we get as much information on this new world order idea. Information and knowledge gentlemen is the key to any victory".

With the civil war raging in Nova Sol Terra no one was really able to reply or work on the message from the pamphlets however, the people who did deliver them were soon finding themselves being tailed by black BMW's with tinted windows. Anyone managing to get a look inside would spot well suited special agents.

While there were voices within the Federation to ban the pamphlet the majority in the Assembly voted against and thus it was released to the public, to put the words in context the President would make a speech on all networks in advance.

[i]"My people,

Over the next few days there is a chance you will encounter a pamphlet that voices radical ideas all of us would like to see. However I address you today to provide context, this new order the author speaks about is a dream, ever since humanity learned a rock when thrown at somebody else could be lethal we have been plagued with violence and wars. The only thing that has changed is the weaponry. This wont change in the future either, it is not within our blood. Our government has already made attempts to lower military involvement but we live in a very fragile world. I ask of you all to not be blinded by the words of this utopian as a lot will have to happen for we are ready for such a world. If you have any questions or concerns you are free to debate the pamphlet. We will not prohibit you from doing so."[/i]

The "Vision of Gaia" would have a mixed reception in Finland, some loving the idealism, others ignoring it as they went about their day-to-day lives, much of the Parliament and military finding it's harsh criticism of nationalism and weapon development to be detrimental to Finland's future if implemented.

[b]President Moshum[/b]

[i]"Our Capitalistic paradise will be preserved over any misconceived notions of a "Gaia" movement in the NPR. War is a necessary force in the building and preservation of a state, this is not to be forgotten or cast aside over an illustrious dream...as it is only a dream."[/i]

A Carthaginian engineer, one of the main builders behind [i]Unity Island[/i] and traditionally a harsh critic of war, released the following criticism of the letter:

[i]People of Earth,

I am honored to get this chance to not actually speak with you but instead spread an anonymous pamphlet without showing my true name, thus revealing that I am, in fact, worried about my [b]own[/b] political future. I am here to speak to you because technology is ruining the Planet earth. Despite vast improvements in health and longevity, science, an understanding of the universe, environmental technologies, history, and other extremely beneficial aspects of human technological revolution, I will ignore all of these to address something that has existed since prehistoric times: war. Despite that over the course of the last few years there have been many people's revolts and there are few places on Earth actually detrimental to the lives of citizens, I will rail against technology used by dictators to advance greed, power and might. Instead of blaming the people who support wars and endorse the technology, instead blame the leaders of countries and leave the people who support these leaders to feel as if they have been swindled. I will also refuse to name myself because most likely I have been involved in one of these wars and do not wish to look like a hypocrite.

Despite that human beings have banded together in tribes and other social structures since the beginning of mankind, I will criticize the concept of nations because I lack a good look at history. I will characterize all of the upper class of manking as "elite and despotic" and ignore some of the greatest men and women in history who came from the upper class. I will criticize not people who believe in religion and that dying on the battlefield will earn them a place in heaven but I will criticize only a few - the "elite and despotic" rulers of the world.

Now I will make a statement without anything to back it up and say that the current "Order on Earth" has reigned for too long. I will ignore that there are few states that last beyond a handful of years because the people know in this age that life without freedom is not life at all, and I will ignore that there has been no time in history that there have been this many "free" states comparitively, and I will will claim that we must forsake fanaticism while simultaneously creating a fanatic worldview called the Vision of Gaia.

I will repeat what high school teachers have told amateurs for decades, that without nature and Earth humans will die. I will then expand on that to say that all of Earth and nature are dying because of a mystical, undefined "Old Order" that must be replaced. I will then expand and say that human nature - war and greed - is this Old Order without giving examples other than a few generic generalizations. Despite the facts that greed, imperialism, and war have existed since the beginning of mankind, I will blame it all on the new states of Earth. I will give an idealistic and communal worldview that has no actual basis and reality while simultaneously preaching that we must get rid of fanaticism.

Leaders of Earth, I will now attempt to claim that you are not part of the Old Order while still railing against you without revealing who I am. Your efforts, you unidentified leaders, are not in vain because you are doing unidentified goals of establishing "new history" and standing firm against a mysterious oppression. Anybody who wages aggressive war, mistreats your people, and fanatics are all part of the Old Order and I am going to threaten you despite that people who wage aggressive war, mistreat people, and help fanatics are routinely dealt with by the international community.

I will claim that this greed, war, and imperialism will be eliminated by a mystical force that can change human nature. I will not give a timeline but say maybe in thousands of years my ideas might come true and give some mystical and fun-sounding names to make my point sound more sane. I will then call for an Age of Chaos, which is again unexplained but generally left open to believe that you, citizens of Earth, must revolt or something.[/i]

The pamphlet would gain wide circulation in the Kingdom of Cochin and wide discussions are held about its premises. The Citizens' Representation website conducted a poll on the pamphlet and 65% of the pollers declared their support for the premise of the pamphlet. An overwhelming 72% of the people however said it is not necessary to make any changes in the Kingdom's foreign policy in the short term for this.

*** Private ***
[b]Meanwhile at the Hill Palace, Cochin City.[/b]

"Interesting notion, but is it not too utopian? Anyway if there is a positive movement in support of this idea, the Kingdom shall definitely lend it our support. Any idea who issued this declaration?"

"No, Sir. We are trying to find its origin," Lt. Gen. Mahesh B Iyer, Head of NIA replied.

"Interesting times do bring interesting ideas, anyway keep an eye out for this entity," Kerala Varma, the King of Cochin said.

The pamphlet would be distributed throughout Disparu without that much Government interference. A large amount of the population was able to read the pamphlet either directly or through various other means, such as newspapers, blogs, forums, announcements, radio and television. The pamphlet was received fairly well in Disparu, with a large percentage commending the pamphlet's anonymous author for speaking out against the "corrupted status quo". However, there was also a percentage of the population saying that the pamphlet was "crazy and impossible".

No official opinion was released on the pamphlet in the Queendom. Being promoters of free thought and understanding, it would be hypocritical, at the very least, to ban it.

Some would ridicule, mock, scoff, or otherwise put it down. Some would ignore the message or chuckle politely before moving on. Some would remark that it was well-written, and that clearly the writer was earnest in his or her beliefs, but that it held little real merit.

But for more, across the nation, regardless of ethnicity, regartdless of original nationality, it spoke to an ideal long thought dead. An ideal that had been thought lost with the days of the Lady Protector.

"Mock all you want!" one partiularly vocal supporter said of the international criticism. "The day will come when those who mistreate and abuse their fellow man for selfish purposes will be eradicated! Gaia must not be allowed to die!"

The individual in question was marked for observation in case he or his associates should attempt anything detrimental to the nation, but otherwise left alone.

[color="#000080"]Annetjie van Matteus read through the pamphlet quickly before handing it back to Interior Minister Gert Boersma. “This rubbish contradicts our Christian Nationalist way of life, file one copy in the restricted archives and destroy all other copies your agents may locate” she barked.

“And arrests, ma’am?” Minister Boersma querried.

“For the moment no, I don’t see many people taking heart to this trash. However should we start to see any sort of organization arising, then yes arrests under the Supression of Communism Act.

“Err... the Supression… of Communism… Act…?” Boersma wasn’t sure he had heard her right.

“Yes” said an obviously now-irate prime minister.

“How is [i]this [/i]regarded as [i]communism[/i], ma’am?”

“Communism is whatever I damned well say is communism!” she yelled. “Now get out of here, do your job – and stop asking so many questions!”[/color]

Edited by Botha

The Pamphlets were of course banned in the PRC. Any found would be burned and the person who had it would be taken away never to be seen again. The government of course did not make any official announcement neither did it recognize the pamphlets that went around. The Intelligence Agencies in the country were working over time to find and burn all the pamphlets. Roughly a 100 left. All flights to international destinations were cancelled.

The President of course smiled, he believed in this pamphlet and hid it from the government that he had such a pamphlet. He also allowed Megan Fox to keep hers while everyone else's burned. When the time was right he would release it and work on rebuilding the PRC.

Cynthia Vortex, known as the Avatar of the Dreamer of Tasmania, quietly read the announcement. Then with a solemn comment before her council she discarded it in yesterday's rubbish. "While it moves the heart to see such idealism, the world of Bob has many Dreamers. Until they dream as like unto one mind, we cannot expect the dreams to behave any differently. Unfortunately, this is not likely to happen as each dreamer has their own interests.. and their own pride. In my previous incarnation, I attempted to realize this dream, trying to purge the world of those of different vision.. I could not prevail. Nor will anyone else with the same agenda. It is a fruitless effort."

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

The following open letter was published in 'Paradigm' a prominent paper of record among the Pacifican Media Intelligensia, and in possession of the greatest readership of the nation's educated population.

[quote]
[i]The Vision of Gaia,

Noting that inciting a response of this kind is likely the underlying purpose for which your publication was crafted, I will forgo the warning of my own instincts and proceed unabated taking the role of the contrarian in this matter. Your most recent pamphlet though it raises a number of concerns, at its core addresses an underlying premise common to many similar positions: that the present state of man is unnatural, and destructive, especially in relation to the subject of modern warfare. You also note two final goals, the eradication of the decay which you have witnessed among human civilization, and at last the final unity of the human race. Therefore allow me to demonstrate how the previous two aspects are in fact just the opposite and in fact overly promote your final goals.

The condition of nature is itself one of competition and struggle. Many often look at nature as a sort of harmony and balance, a peace if you will, but what they fail to understand is that such balance and harmony derives itself from an intense struggle between pervasive forces functioning within our world. A great storm is a combination of energy imbalances in the form of temperature and pressure differences all infinitely effected by billions of other factors. At the basis of this is the immeasurable volume of energy the earth is bombarded with by our sun. Energy which I might add is the result of the intense and explosive fusion of hydrogen atoms, pressed together by the natural force of gravity, a sort of struggle in it of itself. The final result is the sustaining ecosystems and the very nature you admire. Life itself is moreover an underlying struggle within and between species. There are many predator prey relationships, and there is intense competition within populations for access to resources. All of this is not merely in the name of survival but the utter dominance and the affirmation of that being. A bacteria does not merely act to sustain itself, it replicates spreading its influence well beyond the scope of the individual. A plant will out of evolutionary development produce mechanisms for maximizing the spread of its seeds, and ensuring the maximization of that plant's existence.

Humankind much in the same way derives its momentum and its progress from an ongoing struggle within the species. Its behavior and tendencies merely reflect the evolutionary spirit that nature imprinted upon its genetic history. You speak of man as unnatural in his present materialistic, egotistical, and aggressive form yet you do not recognize that these mentalities are reflected not simply in the worst among us,the criminals, the crazed soldiers, and the cynical elite, but are pervasive throughout every individual and every act humankind. The act of conceiving of an idea is itself an act of creation and its propagation, perhaps through the distribution of pamphlets, is a form of struggle and competition for dominance and control. Your campaign is simply another front of the metaphysical struggle man undergoes. You decry the act of war, but you fail to identify what war itself is: it is the basic template and metric for struggle. You initiate a debate opposing man for his nature, but you do not respect that your debate is merely a continuation of that nature, to which war is the final end.

You write of the state, but what is the state. It is an artificial creation yes, but it is the tool of internal organization, production, and unity. It is an organism in it of itself, with millions of constituent parts all specialized and acting to fulfill particular needs of the whole. It is further a mechanism of external conquest and a path to the attainment of external unity.

Man's only development, his only future is not in the stagnancy of an end to struggle, and thus an end to war; but in struggle and in war. Many who I am acquainted with often consider me a cynical pessimist though I assure you this is far from the truth. I do not toe the line of the hawk because I hold war to be a necessary evil, or because I find man to be depraved. I respect war as an instrument because I understand that it alone is the path to utopia. What you suggest is not the means to our salvation, it is the means to the failure of the human project. Final metaphysical singularity, final global unity cannot be attained by a surrendering to the forces of drift and disinterest. Such would be the death not of pestilence, but of our most divine inspiration, our will to power. It is only the final triumph of one force over another, the final victory of one state over all, the absolute affirmation of one program and the negation of every other, the war to end war that could promulgate such a reality.

The final world will be a world without struggle, and yes, a world without war. It will be a world without states, as a state is only truly relevant in reference to an external environment of foreign affairs in which the state exists. It will be a world of unity as the new order will have attained sovereignty over all that exists, and will represent and speak for the whole of humankind. But this final achievement, this universal providence of the human being will not come at the abandonment of struggle, for it is the natural product and final result of the great dialectical struggle we are witness to today.

With this I bid you farewell, and leave you only with the following parting statements.

You decry rot, but what you suggest merely feeds the force of rot.
You decry man's lack of inspiration, but what you suggest promotes his mediocrity.
You attest that he has lost touch with nature, but what you recommend is unnatural.
You write of unity but the program you suggest only promotes disunity and decentralization.
You write of progress but what you promote is regression.

Sincerely,

Michael Atrevier I, Crown Prince of Greater Pacifica[/i]
[/quote]

OOC: :v:

Edited by iamthey

The Ministry would say nothing about the letter, which was shockingly in line with the founding doctrines of the formation of the NoN. It would neither confirm, nor deny its existence as it permeated throughout the Nodic homeland. It would not comment on statements accusing the Executive Ministry of actively participating in this 'Age of Chaos' through its actions in previous years, or address speculation that this 'movement' would do much aid in helping the NoN achieve its goals in toppling its more intimidating enemies.

Anyone caught reading this pamphlet in Eggman Empire is subject to being beat up and having their lunch money taken on account of them being total wussies.
------
Sammy and Jack Kintober, both in two different locations around the world, read the pamphlet and came to the same conclusion:That it was total garbage. Of course the world is going to end in a nuclear fireball. That is the inevitable outcome. Mankind's only hope of survival was getting an "Upgrade." Though Jack also believed in "cleansing impure elements" from the gene pool.
------
Hank skimmed through the pamphlet, finding it quite droll, before the end sentence caught his attention. "Age of Chaos? Hell yeah! That's what I've been shooting for all this time! You know-" He said, looking down at a mutilated corpse at his feet. "You should read this. Quite enlightening!" He stuffed the pamphlet in the body's mouth before waltzing off to parts unknown.

In Blue Heaven the words of the letter touched the heart of the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Dorothy Smith, but not her husband, Prime Minister Roger Smith. They'd have a talk about it with the rest of the Cabinet later on.

At reading the letter, the Militarist Party was touched and changed their philosophy of violence, except about 1,000 hardcore radicals. The name was changed to the Civilization Party. They, in concert with the Utopian Progressive Party, passed legislation that pulled Blue Heaven soldiers out of the war that had engulfed North America.

[quote name='Eggman Empire' date='05 May 2010 - 12:25 AM' timestamp='1273015532' post='2286920']
Anyone caught reading this pamphlet in Eggman Empire is subject to being beat up and having their lunch money taken on account of them being total wussies.
[/quote]
OOC: Epic win.

IC: The pamphlet was distributed throughout the Federation, but was criticized as an Anarchists Meet Radical Hippies scheme, and roughly 96% of the population found it to be utter crap. The other 4% only considered it to be mostly crap.

The pamphlets were not censored by the government, nor was their distribution suppressed. The government-run news network Arctica News Service did a story on the pamphlet, and as part of the story, the message was read aloud on live television without any comment on the content.

A brief speech by the Sovereign was also broadcasted.

"Citizens, many of you are aware of the anonymous pamphlets being distributed around the country, and the world. Some of you may be involved in their distribution. You are not being judged. I agree with part of its message and have spoken out in the past against the so-called rot, which seems to be present in much of the world. Many states in this world solve problems through aggressive and undiplomatic means, I will cite the brief war between Scotland and Louisiana that was a completely needless loss of life and property when two states failed to conduct themselves in a diplomatic manner. I agree that this problem needs to be rectified, but a popular movement to elect more reasonable leaders is preferable to the "Age of Chaos" and "rebirthing flames" alluded to in the pamphlet, which suggest a violent movement that belies the peaceful intent of the other portion of the pamphlet.

I will not allow any attempts at instigation of the so-called Age of Chaos within this country. Whatever individuals this anonymous group consists of, they have been warned."

Arctica Information Command began to investigate the source of the pamphlets, and whether their creators were a threat to Arctica.