Neighborly Diplomacy

Sgt Shidner

With his two foreign relations ministers gone, Fuhrer Janko Von Lummel found himself in the rare position of getting to greet a foreign diplomat personally. Beside, a special honor guard of 12 Sturmtruppen stood in two rows of six. The wore specially-made armor that was crimson in color with gold-colored trimmings and their guns were brand new and glittered in the sun. Janko looked to both sides to make sure that they were in line and that all was presentable. It was only a short while ago that the Isara Alliance had contacted him looking for diplomatic ties between their two great nations. Janko had agreed to meet them and was now standing on the tarmac of Totensberg International Airport awaiting the foreign dignitary's aircraft.

Irina Ivanovich, the second member of the Drei Macht, would represent the Drei Macht and the Isara Alliance in the talks with Kriegland.
She boarded the plane to Totensberg, dressed (as was customary of all three of the Drei Macht) in military uniform, and hoped Kriegland would not take offense.
Not long after, the plane descended into Totensberg International, and landed. A few moments later, Irina walked down the steps of the stairway leading to the ground, and approached the Krieg Fuhrer and his group alone.
"It's an honour to visit Kriegland, Fuhrer Von Lummel." She said in her (unintentionally) harsh voice. "Your guard is very impressive." she commented as she glanced at the soldiers, noting the type of gun they carried and various other details, as years of military training had trained her to do.

"It is indeed an honor to be able to personally host a distinguished foriegn dignitary as yourself, Ms. Ivanovich." Janko stuck out his hand for a handshake.

Beside him, the honor guard snapped to attention with utmost discipline. Their stern faces hidden by the combat masks each of them wore and their ceremonial crimson half-capes fluttering in the slight breeze.

"If you will follow me, i have a small procession of vehicles that will carry us to the People's Palace. A limousine for us and three Rook TAVs for my guard." He motioned with his other hand to the cars near them. "I also wondered if there is anything you require? We are prepared to offer sleeping arrangements and lavish meals should these talks take longer than just the day. And i was also wondering if your delegation is comprised of just yourself or are there others?"

"I prefer to handle such matters on my own, you see," Irina smiled as she shook the Fuhrer's hand. "I hope you don't mind it." Irina was quite capable of defending herself and disliked the idea of being followed by soldiers anyway. The hairpiece she wore was also equipped with a function she could use to send a signal back to Isara, should anything happen.
Irina followed the Fuhrer to the limousine.

"No of course not. I don't mind at all." Janko said as they walked. He actually admired the fact that she was willing to visit a foreign country by herself. [i]Takes guts[/i], he thought to himself.

Once they reached the limousine, one of the honor guard opened the door and first Irina and then Janko got in. With a slight rumble, the limo's engine started as did the three Rook's. Within in seconds, they were moving and on their way to the People's Palace.

"So, in this visit," Janko turned towards Irina, "What is it we hope to accomplish with this meeting? What sort of ties do you want between our countries?"

"Thank you," she said as she entered the car.
"I had been hoping for an economic treaty that would encourage trade between our nations," Irina said in response to the Fuhrer's question. "Though we would also be interested in military agreements, that is, of course, entirely up to you."

"Of course. An economic treaty would be great to have under our belt." Janko relished the idea of forming diplomatic ties with yet another foriegn country. "As for military agreements, i'm sure a mutual defense pact or something to the like could be arranged if you'd like. We'd also love to have the opportunity to aid your military as well. I extend the offer of the help of our state-run weapon's company BlitzKrieg Armaments. You will find not better weapon producer in this area of the globe."

"For the treaties, i'm sure we can draft something up once we reach the Palace." Janko smiled.

With the cars parked outside in the courtyard, Janko and Irina strode inside the two massive wooden and steel doors that led to the Palace's inner area. Upon entering, Janko's military style boots made resounding echos inside the massive entrance hall as the cobblestone floor they trod upon changed to that of marble. He led Irina to the ceremonial conference hall and as they rounded the side of the table, he pulled out a chair for her.

"Our chef will be arriving shortly to ask what you would like to eat." Janko said, "It seems that if we are hear to discuss and sign treaties, we might as well dine while we do so."

A man came inside with a small recorder and printer-type machine. He set them down on the table and walked away. But not before saluting the Fuhrer.

"This is a voice recorder and writer. I find it makes it easier to dictate letters and such when i need to." Janko said as the man left the room, "Hopefully it will ease up the treaty-making process."

From one of the side doors, the chef walked in just as Janko was taking his seat. He walked up to Janko, but he motioned for him to go to Irina first, as she was the guest.

"Alright, i understand that you propose a potential economic treaty between our nations, this can be done with ease." Janko sat back in his seat, "As for military, i was wondering just what our nation could provide you with there. BlitzKrieg Armaments can provide you with the latest military hardware, you need only to ask what, and i'm sure a mutual defense pact would be beneficial to both our nations, am i right?"

Irina spoke with the chef for a moment, and then turned back to Janko.
"We would be grateful if we were allowed to purchase some of BlitzKrieg's weapons and vehicles, and analyze them to aid in our own growing military industry. As for an MDP, I believe that, yes, such a treaty may be beneficial for our nations, given the close proximity of our nations and larger, more powerful nations."