New Economics channel

Over the past few days, several of us members from Ronin and GPA have been debating benefits associated with dismissal of troops prior to collection. This conversation has proven to stabilize relations between our two alliances to a point where conversation between the two can happen without one banning the other from their irc channel. This is not to say that any major beefs existed between the two alliances, it was just a difference in irc policy opinions between the two. Such things will always happen.

The recent discussions brought up an idea though.... why not have a channel that deals with economics of the game? This channel would be owned by players, not the CN Staff. Any alliance, any nation, can come contribute to any economics related question. I've created the channel, but intend it to be used by many and will give full ops to any econ rep from any alliance. Those of you who are neutral, keep in mind this is an economic channel only, nothing regarding military will be discussed unless the item has a direct effect on the economic output of any nation, such as several military wonders do.

[b]Rules for the channel are simple:[/b]

[b]1)[/b] Treat others with respect.

[b]2)[/b] Where a difference of opinion exists, let it not resort to flaming or outright slander. I'd rather see the two people work together to test each others opinion.

[b]3)[/b] Nations who show up in the channel who are not aligned are not to be recruited. Their choice of not being aligned is theirs, and has no value in the channel whatsoever. However, if a non-aligned nation shows up and specifically asks for info regarding alliances, any alliance rep may point the individual to their CN forum recruitment thread. If you represent an alliance who does not have a recruitment thread here on CN's forum, then build one.

[b]4) [/b]It's expected that anyone who is available should be willing to answer the questions of any new player who shows up to the channel, while keeping in check with rule number 3. If your not available, that's cool. The intent of this rule is to not have a new player show up and have to wait for 30 minutes before someone responds. We should work together to assist new nations. Not doing so hurts us, maybe not directly, but indirectly. If we step up and answer questions for new players, they might just stick around. An increase of players may occur, which Admin would appreciate I'm sure. :)

[b]5)[/b] Links: If you represent an alliance who's team has a central forum, you are free to point a nation to that forum if they reside on your team. If a new player specifically asks you for the link to your alliance, you are free to lead them that way. If any new or existing player asks for links to an optimization site, which I will not mention here, you are free to point that person in the right direction. If you are a candidate for any of your team's three senate seats, you may advertise that fact in the channel, but not over and over. This may increase voter output by players, if the channel has enough visitors.

[b]6)[/b] Spreading the word. Simple, just tell all your friends here in CN that an econ channel has been built, point them to this thread so they can see the rules of the channel. A link to this thread will be included in the topic as well. Lets make this work people!

[b]7)[/b] TEMPORARY TRADES! There is already a channel dedicated for the purpose of securing temp trades in CN. Any temp trade requests will not be honored in #CN-Econ, but will be referred to channel #temptrade. This is a highly useful channel in securing temp trades to improve a collection or secure nukes through obtaining uranium. I wish not to obsure their purpose, so #CN-Econ will not honor of process temp trades.

[b]8)[/b] Technology trades: Anyone of any alliance may come here to seek out tech deal partners. Keep in mind that if you strike a tech deal after meeting someone in #CN-Econ, you will not hold any of the alliance representatives who reside here responsible. You buy or sell tech at your own risk.

[b]9)[/b] Donation Deals: Anyone of any alliance may come here to seek out a donation deal partner. Same as tech deals, you may not hold responsible any alliance rep in this channel for a failed deal. You sell or buy donations at your own risk.

[b]10)[/b] Improvement Swapping! This is a major misconception in CN. I expect those of you who represent another alliance to do your part in helping the new player to understanding at least the concept of impro swapping. I'm not asking you guys to go into full detail, unless you want to. But CN would benefit greatly if we could make a small dent in the ignorance of the subject of improvement swapping.

[b]11)[/b] Experimental Endeavors: Another purpose of this channel is to develop new techniques that improve upon already existing techniques for optimization. Keep in mind that no conversation will be tolerated that involves the direct exploit of game mechanisms. Such conversations will result in the highest possible ban of all parties involved, and a note of the conversation and ban being sent to Admin himself. The purpose of an experimental endeavor is to improve a cycle of any given nation. Since this involves many things, it should be understood that the implementation of new techniques will most likely be the result of a multiple alliance rep discussion.

[b]12)[/b] Suggestions to this thread: If you have a suggestion for the administration of the channel #CN-Econ, please state it in this thread, and not in the channel. I'll implement all suggestions that serve to better the purpose of this thread. Please forgive any grammar or spelling mistakes on my part in this thread.

13) Abuse of privilege: If you are granted SOP status in #CN-Econ and you use that status to place unwarranted bans, your alliance will be placed on a 'do not authorize' list, this means every member. Be careful who you send as your rep.

Kind regards from,
XGF
Ronin Loyalist

Edited by Xyro Gravi Flatona

This sounds like a fine idea to me. I'm not sure if something like this has ever been attempted before as I don't pay that close attention to the economics of the game (I have Jaym to do that for me :awesome: ) but in theory this sounds great. Hope it turns out :)

Would lunar/mars hotspots be a good topic to discuss in this thread as well?

I do not have any experience with lunar / mars wonders. But I think that it would be a great place to discuss them. :D

-XGF

Also, it's been suggested that super opps are not needed for alliance representatives. So, I've updated the hosting policy to full opps for each alliance rep. OP updated.

SoS, don't send any more representitaves, you guys have lost your right to participate in the channel, talking about &*&^ and what not. Do not come back. It's a channel for new players and existing players who need a little help. It's not a sex channel. Matter of face, you all stay out. That's right, the entire alliance, stay out. You are denied.

From,
XGF

Sos, you are allowed in the channel. But, with reservation. One of your members referred to a blow job in the channel conversation, within 20 minutes of it's inception. I've removed any existing operator statuses, but, I've not banned anyone.

Your welcome to come and contribute to any economical conversation that happens in the channel.

From,
XGF

[quote name='Xyro Gravi Flatona' date='02 May 2010 - 11:23 PM' timestamp='1272857001' post='2284632']
Sos, you are allowed in the channel. But, with reservation. One of your members referred to a blow job in the channel conversation, within 20 minutes of it's inception. I've removed any existing operator statuses, but, I've not banned anyone.

Your welcome to come and contribute to any economical conversation that happens in the channel.

From,
XGF
[/quote]
On behalf of the SOS Brigade, I'd like to apologize for Itsuki's behavior. He clearly doesn't speak for the alliance. I would like that you place a ban on his host mask and would like to start over.

[quote name='Diablofan' date='02 May 2010 - 10:52 PM' timestamp='1272858715' post='2284674']
On behalf of the SOS Brigade, I'd like to apologize for Itsuki's behavior. He clearly doesn't speak for the alliance. I would like that you place a ban on his host mask and would like to start over.
[/quote]

Thank you for coming to speak. Sure, we start over. I never intended for anyone to be left out of this. If you want to send someone who you trust, then by all means, I'll grant them power in the room. :)

From,
XGF

• 4 weeks later...

I missed this, but it looks good. Usually talk like this is restricted within the alliance, so sometimes you don't find enough people wondering about the very small tweaks a nation can make to grow faster. I'll be auto-joining to see how it's like :)

• 2 weeks later...

Cool, looks great. [quote name='Xyro Gravi Flatona' date='02 May 2010 - 07:33 PM' timestamp='1272850385' post='2284461']
Over the past few days, several of us members from Ronin and GPA have been debating benefits associated with dismissal of troops prior to collection. This conversation has proven to stabilize relations between our two alliances to a point where conversation between the two can happen without one banning the other from their irc channel. This is not to say that any major beefs existed between the two alliances, it was just a difference in irc policy opinions between the two. Such things will always happen.

The recent discussions brought up an idea though.... why not have a channel that deals with economics of the game? This channel would be owned by players, not the CN Staff. Any alliance, any nation, can come contribute to any economics related question. I've created the channel, but intend it to be used by many and will give full ops to any econ rep from any alliance. Those of you who are neutral, keep in mind this is an economic channel only, nothing regarding military will be discussed unless the item has a direct effect on the economic output of any nation, such as several military wonders do.

[b]Rules for the channel are simple:[/b]

[b]1)[/b] Treat others with respect.

[b]2)[/b] Where a difference of opinion exists, let it not resort to flaming or outright slander. I'd rather see the two people work together to test each others opinion.

[b]3)[/b] Nations who show up in the channel who are not aligned are not to be recruited. Their choice of not being aligned is theirs, and has no value in the channel whatsoever. However, if a non-aligned nation shows up and specifically asks for info regarding alliances, any alliance rep may point the individual to their CN forum recruitment thread. If you represent an alliance who does not have a recruitment thread here on CN's forum, then build one.

[b]4) [/b]It's expected that anyone who is available should be willing to answer the questions of any new player who shows up to the channel, while keeping in check with rule number 3. If your not available, that's cool. The intent of this rule is to not have a new player show up and have to wait for 30 minutes before someone responds. We should work together to assist new nations. Not doing so hurts us, maybe not directly, but indirectly. If we step up and answer questions for new players, they might just stick around. An increase of players may occur, which Admin would appreciate I'm sure. :)

[b]5)[/b] Links: If you represent an alliance who's team has a central forum, you are free to point a nation to that forum if they reside on your team. If a new player specifically asks you for the link to your alliance, you are free to lead them that way. If any new or existing player asks for links to an optimization site, which I will not mention here, you are free to point that person in the right direction. If you are a candidate for any of your team's three senate seats, you may advertise that fact in the channel, but not over and over. This may increase voter output by players, if the channel has enough visitors.

[b]6)[/b] Spreading the word. Simple, just tell all your friends here in CN that an econ channel has been built, point them to this thread so they can see the rules of the channel. A link to this thread will be included in the topic as well. Lets make this work people!

[b]7)[/b] TEMPORARY TRADES! There is already a channel dedicated for the purpose of securing temp trades in CN. Any temp trade requests will not be honored in #CN-Econ, but will be referred to channel #temptrade. This is a highly useful channel in securing temp trades to improve a collection or secure nukes through obtaining uranium. I wish not to obsure their purpose, so #CN-Econ will not honor of process temp trades.

[b]8)[/b] Technology trades: Anyone of any alliance may come here to seek out tech deal partners. Keep in mind that if you strike a tech deal after meeting someone in #CN-Econ, you will not hold any of the alliance representatives who reside here responsible. You buy or sell tech at your own risk.

[b]9)[/b] Donation Deals: Anyone of any alliance may come here to seek out a donation deal partner. Same as tech deals, you may not hold responsible any alliance rep in this channel for a failed deal. You sell or buy donations at your own risk.

[b]10)[/b] Improvement Swapping! This is a major misconception in CN. I expect those of you who represent another alliance to do your part in helping the new player to understanding at least the concept of impro swapping. I'm not asking you guys to go into full detail, unless you want to. But CN would benefit greatly if we could make a small dent in the ignorance of the subject of improvement swapping.

[b]11)[/b] Experimental Endeavors: Another purpose of this channel is to develop new techniques that improve upon already existing techniques for optimization. Keep in mind that no conversation will be tolerated that involves the direct exploit of game mechanisms. Such conversations will result in the highest possible ban of all parties involved, and a note of the conversation and ban being sent to Admin himself. The purpose of an experimental endeavor is to improve a cycle of any given nation. Since this involves many things, it should be understood that the implementation of new techniques will most likely be the result of a multiple alliance rep discussion.

[b]12)[/b] Suggestions to this thread: If you have a suggestion for the administration of the channel #CN-Econ, please state it in this thread, and not in the channel. I'll implement all suggestions that serve to better the purpose of this thread. Please forgive any grammar or spelling mistakes on my part in this thread.

13) Abuse of privilege: If you are granted SOP status in #CN-Econ and you use that status to place unwarranted bans, your alliance will be placed on a 'do not authorize' list, this means every member. Be careful who you send as your rep.

Kind regards from,
XGF
Ronin Loyalist
[/quote]
Cool, looks great.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

[quote name='Xyro Gravi Flatona' timestamp='1272857001' post='2284632']

From,
XGF
[/quote]

dang bro, goin back on your decision?? that would be frowned upon in some cultures

Edited by Eternal Enigma