Rebel Army, shmebel shmarmy

Sargun II

Sent by the King and Queen of Carthage:

[quote]Dear leaders of Rebel Army,

We at Carthage would like to thank you for the gratitude of granting us the land that you allowed for us to rule over. For this, we wish to meet with you to discuss our future relations. We would like to invite representatives of the Rebel Army to Algiers. If this is possible, we will gladly pick you up at the airport and bring you to a conference house so that we may speak formally about our relations.

Thank You,

Queen Juli Peaceheart
King Muhammad VI[/quote]

Lavo Shalam strolled into town after a quick ship trip from Haifa. He hadn't been in the region in a long time, and was looking forward to seeing the Peacehearts again, friends and family he held in high esteem. Though, today was not a day meant for personal greetings, but national decisions.

It was rather easy to miss Lavo Shalam. He was, at least to Juli, a somewhat handsome man but not out of the ordinary. His face, his build, his stance, his stride - all of it just seemed to be the conglomeration of the average man. It was off-putting to her, at least it had been for a long time. Out of all the world leaders who seemed to be made of perfect actor material, this man was almost like the one they all should have been. He was, in her eyes, what man has evolved to. So it was after a few minutes of searching in his general direction that she finally found him.

"Lavo," she pronounced his name 'leh-vuoh', "it is a grand thing to see you again after so many years!" Juli Peaceheart strode up to the old family friend and grasped his arm, placed a friendly kiss on the cheek, and repeated the process on the other side. "How is Lihi?" She knew that there would be national decisions to make soon, but she would at least catch up with the man while she could.

Edited by Sargun

[quote name='Sargun' date='09 May 2010 - 08:57 PM' timestamp='1273453016' post='2292980']
It was rather easy to miss Lavo Shalam. He was, at least to Juli, a somewhat handsome man but not out of the ordinary. His face, his build, his stance, his stride - all of it just seemed to be the conglomeration of the average man. It was off-putting to her, at least it had been for a long time. Out of all the world leaders who seemed to be made of perfect actor material, this man was almost like the one they all should have been. He was, in her eyes, what man has evolved to. So it was after a few minutes of searching in his general direction that she finally found him.

"Lavo," she pronounced his name 'leh-vuoh', "it is a grand thing to see you again after so many years!" Juli Peaceheart strode up to the old family friend and grasped his arm, placed a friendly kiss on the cheek, and repeated the process on the other side. "How is Lihi?" She knew that there would be national decisions to make soon, but she would at least catch up with the man while she could.
[/quote]
Lavo, in his younger days, actually did some acting for fun, and even now, enjoyed doing it from time to time. After Juli had caught him and given him a nice pair of kisses, he gave her a hug like he would give the late King Sargun. "Lihi is doing quite well. She's a bit annoyed at all my trips recently, missing spending time with me. I've tried taking her on a few of the trips, which she after all does have all the right in the world to follow me on, but the poor lass loves Israel too much, I can't blame her for that." He paused for a moment to take a breather. "And how are things with you? I hope everything is going well with the new king?"

"It's been so long since I've seen Lihi, it almost seems unfair. Between Nod and... well, it's just been so hectic ever since my brother first took control. Nothing's been the same!" She stepped back from Lavo, straightening the back of her vest. "My husband is, well, we're not, um. He's such a sweet man, you know, and he's always interested in the welfare of his people but I can't say I love him. I don't regret marrying him or the amount of time we spend together, absolutely, but... the old Imperator Azenquor will always be at the top. I feel bad for the King, he's always being compared to either the former leaders by other nations or by his own wife to other men." She smiled self-consciously and coughed.

"Anyway, maybe the next time we see each other it'll be in Israel and we'll get to see Lihi, eh?" Her laugh pierced the now somewhat awkward air, and soon after she gestured to a bench for them to sit on. "I suppose this is the part where we talk about national security or something, right?"

[quote name='Sargun' date='13 May 2010 - 10:10 PM' timestamp='1273803012' post='2297468']
"It's been so long since I've seen Lihi, it almost seems unfair. Between Nod and... well, it's just been so hectic ever since my brother first took control. Nothing's been the same!" She stepped back from Lavo, straightening the back of her vest. "My husband is, well, we're not, um. He's such a sweet man, you know, and he's always interested in the welfare of his people but I can't say I love him. I don't regret marrying him or the amount of time we spend together, absolutely, but... the old Imperator Azenquor will always be at the top. I feel bad for the King, he's always being compared to either the former leaders by other nations or by his own wife to other men." She smiled self-consciously and coughed.
[/quote]
Fortunately for Juli, it was really hard to make Lavo feel awkward. If anything, he tends to be the one making others feel awkward, but such is life. "Mmhm, yeah. I would've brought her with me today, but I left for Carthage as soon as I got the message. As for the king well... Eh, I've heard worse in all honesty."

[quote]"Anyway, maybe the next time we see each other it'll be in Israel and we'll get to see Lihi, eh?" Her laugh pierced the now somewhat awkward air, and soon after she gestured to a bench for them to sit on. "I suppose this is the part where we talk about national security or something, right?"[/quote]
"Oh, I hope so. She's been dying to see you. If I tell her I came here, odds are she'll be livid enough to rig the beds with explosives. Wouldn't be the first time she's done something like that, though it would probably be the first time using live ones. Anywho, yeah, this is the boring "Let's just get this over with" part that people either hate or love to unnecessarily draw out, silly bureaucrats. Well, Rebel Army still likes Carthage and vice-versa. Perhaps it is time we revived old bonds of paper, or forge new ones?" Lavo finished with the question.

"I can't speak for us all but I can safely say that the Peaceheart side of the family will never forget what you have done for us. I am the one here, of course, and so I am here to offer you a new kind of pact." She pulled out a handset of some sort and spoke into it. "Display!"

[quote]
[center] [size="3"]The Treaty of Shalom[/size]
[/center]
Preface: In the interests of peace, completeness, and welfare, the undersigned believe it is their duty to place the bonds of friendship and character to the limit and forge a new path for not only themselves but for others to emulate in order to create a new order of trust.

The Pact of Peace:
Attached to the Treaty of Shalom is the Pact of Peace. The undersigned understand that the diplomatic tenet of free speech leads to conflict; the undersigned understand that with free will inevitably there will be opposing decisions; the undersigned also understand that in no way shall our natural human rights lead to war or armed conflict. The undersigned agree that, starting immediately with the signing of this Treaty, the Pact of Peace will be enforced and both will agree never to enter into an armed conflict against each other, directly or indirectly, despite what agreements are made to third parties.

The Pact of Completeness:
Attached to the Treaty of Shalom is the Pact of Completeness. The undersigned understand that with peace comes togetherness; the undersigned understand that with closeness of geography and politics comes unity; the undersigned also understand that if the nations are one then the people are one. The undersigned agree that, starting in a period two years from the signing of the Treaty of Shalom or when the undersigned both agree to enact it - whichever comes sooner - that the Pact of Completeness will be enforced and that the undersigned will enter a standard contract calling for the military, civilian, and economic assistance for both nations including retaliation with weapons of mass destruction.

The Pact of Welfare:
Attach to the Treaty of Shalom is the Pact of Welfare. The undersigned understand that with completeness comes solidarity. With solidarity and a unity of arms and brethren comes the next step to the perfect union of men. The undersigned agree that, starting in a period five years from the signing of the Treaty of Shalom or when the undersigned both agree to enact it and the Pact of Completeness has been enacted - whichever comes sooner - that the Pact of Welfare will be enforced and that both agree to the following:

- permanently open common borders
- permanent demilitarization of common borders
- dual citizenship clauses for immigrants
- relaxation of taxes, fees, tariffs, on products imported or exported
- conjoining of infrastructure networks
- freedom for integration of cultural networks

The Termination:
In the event that it becomes impossible to continue to follow the terms of this treaty, in the event that both the undersigned agree that this treaty needs to be broken, the following steps must be taken. If only the Pact of Peace has been enacted, the Treaty will be void in thirty days. If the Pact of Completeness has been enacted, then the Pact of Completeness will be void in one hundred and eighty days, and then the Pact of Peace will be void in thirty days. If the Pact of Welfare has been enacted, then the Pact of Welfare will be void in three hundred and sixty days, then the Pact of Completeness will be void in one hundred and eighty days, and then the Pact of Peace will be void in thirty days. The undersigned agree that, if in this time it is still impossible to mend relations, the Treaty will be terminated. The undersigned also agree that, if in this time relations have mended and a feeling of peace, completeness, and welfare has returned, that the Treaty will be reinstated.

The Signed:
Queen Juli Peaceheart
[i]For Carthage,
and the Peaceheart Royal Family[/i]

[/quote]

Edited by Sargun