A Joint Announcement by the Orange Defense Network and Sparta

[quote name='bigwoody' date='03 May 2010 - 02:35 AM' timestamp='1272861298' post='2284723']
I think you confuse annoyance for mild amusement. I haven't seen anyone annoyed by this at all. Why would anyone be annoyed?
[/quote]

The combined power of Sparta and ODN will destroy us all! :ph34r:

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='MerlinSucks' date='03 May 2010 - 01:38 AM' timestamp='1272847117' post='2284404']
Sponge would like to have a word with you Cata.
[/quote]
oh man i forgot about him..

[color="#FF0000"][b]*Cata runs away[/b][/color]

[quote name='Banksy' date='02 May 2010 - 11:48 PM' timestamp='1272865680' post='2284794']
You'd better not cry.
[/quote]
You better not make him cry.

Edited by itida

[quote name='WorldConqueror' date='02 May 2010 - 10:11 AM' timestamp='1272820282' post='2283892']
ODN has actually worked to show they've changed.
[/quote]
We've changed, but we just don't post announcements with every change, i.e. the definition of "working to show that we've changed." I'm sorry if my OWF announcement posting is not frequent enough to your liking. I'm sure there's a complaint box around my office somewhere. -_-

Edited by Seth Muscarella

[quote name='D34th' date='03 May 2010 - 12:44 AM' timestamp='1272861828' post='2284735']
The combined power of Sparta and ODN will destroy us all! :ph34r:
[/quote]

You people are not aware of what we've done...and the powers together that we hold...

[quote name='bigwoody' date='02 May 2010 - 11:35 PM' timestamp='1272861298' post='2284723']
I think you confuse annoyance for mild amusement. I haven't seen anyone annoyed by this at all. Why would anyone be annoyed?
[/quote]

Because Sparta continues to gain power and influence while certain bridge-dwellers continue to flounder at the bottom of the CN food chain, in spite of their best efforts? Just a guess, we obviously have no basis for empathy with the perpetually downtrodden, after all, we have no idea what it's like to lose a war.

[quote name='Olaf Styke' date='03 May 2010 - 10:07 PM' timestamp='1272920815' post='2285295']
Because Sparta continues to gain power and influence while certain bridge-dwellers continue to flounder at the bottom of the CN food chain, in spite of their best efforts? Just a guess, we obviously have no basis for empathy with the perpetually downtrodden, after all, we have no idea what it's like to lose a war.
[/quote]

The wise king Loaf has spoken.

[quote name='Olaf Styke' date='03 May 2010 - 02:07 PM' timestamp='1272920815' post='2285295']
Because Sparta continues to gain power and influence while certain bridge-dwellers continue to flounder at the bottom of the CN food chain, in spite of their best efforts? Just a guess, we obviously have no basis for empathy with the perpetually downtrodden, after all, [b]we have no idea what it's like to lose a war.[/b]
[/quote]

You've done this by sucking at the the teat of a better, stronger alliances and then selling them out at the first sign of trouble.

Your alliance's success has been built upon a foundation of cowardice and faux-morality.

Edited by Mr Damsky

[quote name='Olaf Styke' date='03 May 2010 - 05:07 PM' timestamp='1272920815' post='2285295']
Because Sparta continues to gain power and influence while certain bridge-dwellers continue to flounder at the bottom of the CN food chain, in spite of their best efforts? Just a guess, we obviously have no basis for empathy with the perpetually downtrodden, after all, [b]we have no idea what it's like to lose a war.[/b]
[/quote]
A lot of people could achieve that with assistance from the Spartan Battle Planning Channel, which always enables Sparta to have ties to both sides in every major war and cut them not long before the war with the side that has less NS.

[quote name='Olaf Styke' date='03 May 2010 - 05:07 PM' timestamp='1272920815' post='2285295']
Because Sparta continues to gain power and influence[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Oh, this is rich. Please, do not confuse MK's influence with your own. Which you really don't have. Your entire existence has essentially been clinging to the largest power and acting as a meatshield. I wouldn't exactly call that powerful or influential, but if it makes you feel any better, go for it sister.[/color]

[quote]we have no idea what it's like to lose a war.[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Kind of hard to do when you're floating around from one sugar daddy alliance to another, never sticking up for principles (assuming you have any). But hey, who am I to judge? You've clearly found a system that works for you.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='03 May 2010 - 07:34 PM' timestamp='1272929657' post='2285485']
[color="#0000FF"]Oh, this is rich. Please, do not confuse MK's influence with your own. Which you really don't have. Your entire existence has essentially been clinging to the largest power and acting as a meatshield. I wouldn't exactly call that powerful or influential, but if it makes you feel any better, go for it sister.[/color]
[/quote]

You go girl.

[quote name='Seth Muscarella' date='03 May 2010 - 08:06 PM' timestamp='1272877549' post='2284870']
We've changed, but we just don't post announcements with every change, i.e. the definition of "working to show that we've changed." I'm sorry if my OWF announcement posting is not frequent enough to your liking. I'm sure there's a complaint box around my office somewhere. -_-
[/quote]
The fact that you see increased OWF posting as the remedy for your alliances failures just serves to prove my point.

[quote name='Olaf Styke' date='03 May 2010 - 08:34 PM' timestamp='1272933246' post='2285581']
Sorry, I can't hear you all over the sound of how win I am.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I'm sorry, but making a bad joke is not the way to go about addressing legitimate criticisms of your alliance. Although since you can't really challenge them, I'll take that as a statement of agreement with me. That everything I have said about your alliance is true. That you have no loyalty, and that you merely cling to whomever the strongest is at a given time.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='04 May 2010 - 02:37 AM' timestamp='1272933404' post='2285583']
[color="#0000FF"]I'm sorry, but making a bad joke is not the way to go about addressing legitimate criticisms of your alliance. Although since you can't really challenge them, I'll take that as a statement of agreement with me. That everything I have said about your alliance is true. That you have no loyalty, and that you merely cling to whomever the strongest is at a given time.[/color]
[/quote]

RV is always sporting verbal lingerie. My next pair of CN trousers will have a special RV pants pouch. For popcorn.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='03 May 2010 - 07:37 PM' timestamp='1272933404' post='2285583']
[/quote]

Hold on a minute, I'll go turn off the reparations hose. It's hard to hear you over the whoosh of all that incoming tech...

You know what, too much work, I'm just going to assume you made some baseless accusation and then made a point of slef-importantly coding your text a different colour in the vain, deluded hope that somebody might actually mistake you for somebody important. To which I will give my generic reply:

lol, next.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' date='03 May 2010 - 04:48 PM' timestamp='1272930507' post='2285513']
The fact that you see increased OWF posting as the remedy for your alliances failures just serves to prove my point.
[/quote]
You yourself said ODN takes great pains to [i]show[/i] that they have changed. Just because we don't care to let you know does not mean we haven't made great changes in these past months; we in fact have.

[quote name='Olaf Styke' date='03 May 2010 - 08:43 PM' timestamp='1272933818' post='2285592']
Hold on a minute, I'll go turn off the reparations hose. It's hard to hear you over the whoosh of all that incoming tech...

You know what, too much work, I'm just going to assume you made some baseless accusation and then made a point of slef-importantly coding your text a different colour in the vain, deluded hope that somebody might actually mistake you for somebody important. To which I will give my generic reply:

lol, next.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]So, instead of addressing the fact that your alliance has a history of migrating to the sphere of influence of the ruling alliance and bailing on it on the eve of its fall, which you would do if what I said was false (but it isn't), you instead mock me for being blue? Tell me, good sir, what do you have against smurfs?[/color]

The identity of those trying quite hard to make a negative point about this treaty is much more interesting than the treaty itself (Sparta has been tied strongly to C&G for a while and that's all this treaty means).

[quote name='Olaf Styke' date='03 May 2010 - 05:43 PM' timestamp='1272933818' post='2285592']

lol, next.
[/quote]

You know, making jokes about the fact that you got reps in a curb stomp and then preceding to tell people that they are irrelevant, when they're making valid claims as to why your alliance is a pathetic piece of trash, is generally not the way to show that you're a new Sparta.

[quote name='Seth Muscarella' date='03 May 2010 - 05:51 PM' timestamp='1272934264' post='2285604']
You yourself said ODN takes great pains to [i]show[/i] that they have changed. Just because we don't care to let you know does not mean we haven't made great changes in these past months; we in fact have.
[/quote]

What have you changed?

You still have moronic leaders in place (see above), you still make every attempt to gain an easy buck at every possible chance, and you're still incompetent fools who can't think for themselves.

[quote name='Olaf Styke' date='03 May 2010 - 08:43 PM' timestamp='1272933818' post='2285592']

lol, next.
[/quote]

There's absolutely nothing baseless in RV's claims. As much as it may be a surprise to you, he's actually pointing facts while you are responding in an immature and irritable fashion.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='03 May 2010 - 05:58 PM' timestamp='1272934707' post='2285621']
[color="#0000FF"]So, instead of addressing the fact that your alliance has a history of migrating to the sphere of influence of the ruling alliance and bailing on it on the eve of its fall, which you would do if what I said was false (but it isn't), you instead mock me for being blue? Tell me, good sir, what do you have against smurfs?[/color]
[/quote]
This good man has a point, Olaf. Why do you not combat his flawless logic and absolute truth, showing him the error in his ways, that he may yet repent and see the true light that encompasses all else? Why do you not woo him with soft words and attempt to prove your own point to someone that no doubt would accept this new truth if he heard it? You... you couldn't possibly think this fair man is simply trying to create a rise out of you? That he is simply spouting words in an attempt to break your character? I, for one, do not believe he would do such a thing! Rebel Virginia is an intelligent leader, and this public argument would surely change his mind if we did in fact present him with the truth! Or maybe I'm still dreaming, and human nature hasn't changed after all.

[quote name='Jrenster' date='03 May 2010 - 09:04 PM' timestamp='1272935066' post='2285634']
There's absolutely nothing baseless in RV's claims. As much as it may be a surprise to you, he's actually pointing facts while you are responding in an immature and irritable fashion.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]You know, if I didn't know Sparta as well as I did I'd say it was unbelievable that this was the guy in charge over there. Except I do know Sparta, quite well, so I can believe it. Then again, they never have had much going on for them in the leadership department. Or any other department for that matter.[/color]