A Joint Announcement by the Orange Defense Network and Sparta

[quote name='The Big Bad' date='01 May 2010 - 08:09 PM' timestamp='1272762557' post='2283267']
ODN you will never find a more loyal ally or greater war fighting alliance than Sparta. I only hope they continue to fight as well as they have in every war and remain as loyal to you as they have their allies of the past.
[/quote]

Now for a moment there I thought you were going to insult us. I'm pleasantly surprised at this break in character.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Olaf Styke' date='01 May 2010 - 11:02 PM' timestamp='1272769313' post='2283374']
Now for a moment there I thought you were going to insult us. I'm pleasantly surprised at this break in character.
[/quote]

Olaf is ever the optimist.

[quote name='D34th' date='01 May 2010 - 04:55 AM' timestamp='1272704090' post='2282508']
I have to say that I agree with you.
[/quote]
We have so much in common!

[quote name='bigwoody' date='01 May 2010 - 12:28 PM' timestamp='1272731317' post='2282726']
Actually, I'm placing my bets on Sparta ditching ODN more than the other way around. Well written though.

I'm mainly just saying this so I have something to point to when I say "I knew this was going to happen!" since you won't simply believe that I knew all along.

Have a nice day everyone!
[/quote]
Good bet.

[quote name='Hymenbreach' date='01 May 2010 - 07:57 PM' timestamp='1272758239' post='2283195']
I got a delivery... two packs of Extra Thick Back Armour? Oh, and some extra sharp knives. Who's going to sign for it?
[/quote]
I need some more knives....

[quote name='The AUT' date='01 May 2010 - 08:47 PM' timestamp='1272761230' post='2283247']
This is a match made in heaven. Thank you ODN and Sparta, I wonder who's going under the bus first.
[/quote]
ODN, obviously.

[quote name='The Big Bad' date='01 May 2010 - 09:09 PM' timestamp='1272762557' post='2283267']
ODN you will never find a more loyal ally or greater war fighting alliance than Sparta. I only hope they continue to fight as well as they have in every war and remain as loyal to you as they have their allies of the past.
[/quote]
What rock did you just crawl out from under? :huh:

[quote name='SirWilliam' date='01 May 2010 - 05:31 PM' timestamp='1272753057' post='2283096']
Or something to point to to make you eat your words. Putz.

And you have a nice day too!
[/quote]
I highly doubt it. If ODN finds itself on the losing end of a war and Sparta fights alongside them, I'll eat my hat.

But if that does happen, do feel free to point my post out as much as you like.

Edited by bigwoody

[quote name='bigwoody' date='02 May 2010 - 08:42 AM' timestamp='1272786148' post='2283629']
I highly doubt it. If ODN finds itself on the losing end of a war and Sparta fights alongside them, I'll eat my hat.

[/quote]
Your obvious faith in us if refreshing to see :awesome:

It's not hate I feel towards ODN, btw. Just a profound sadness and disappointment. It's like you're [i]looking[/i] for the worst people to hang around with. It's almost like you're over-compensating for being called 'over-cautious' in the past.

Hopefully, you will see that the shallow joy of being friends with the all singing all dancing scum of the planet is a fleeting pleasure and you will find the middle path of righteousness.

Edit: damn homophones.

Edited by Hymenbreach

[quote name='bigwoody' date='02 May 2010 - 08:42 PM' timestamp='1272786148' post='2283629']

[/quote]

Now now we all know your side would just love to see us all on the losing side of a war but this is just getting pathetic. I mean, it's not like both of us just fought the two hardest wars known to CN for our allies at all now is it?

Personally I could have never imagined signing with ODN a year and a half ago but the past year and a half has shown your alliance as one of quality and I've eagerly watched our relationship grow from strength to strength.

o/ ODN

[quote name='Tulak Hord' date='02 May 2010 - 03:44 AM' timestamp='1272789855' post='2283645']
Now now we all know your side would just love to see us all on the losing side of a war but this is just getting pathetic. I mean, it's not like both of us just fought the two hardest wars known to CN for our allies at all now is it?[/quote]
ODN fought...they surprised a lot of us by putting in an above average performance. I'm not entirely sold on them having changed yet, but if they back their allies on the losing side of a war, it wouldn't surprise me anymore.

Sparta on the other hand still seems to have the primary combat tactic of dropping bags of money on their opponents. You've done little to show that you're going to do anything but find the winning side of wars and ride the efforts of others to a blood money paycheck.

[quote]Personally I could have never imagined signing with ODN a year and a half ago but the past year and a half has shown your alliance as one of quality and I've eagerly watched our relationship grow from strength to strength.

o/ ODN
[/quote]
Read: ODN is on the winning side now.

[quote name='Tulak Hord' date='02 May 2010 - 07:44 PM' timestamp='1272789855' post='2283645']
Now now we all know your side would just love to see us all on the losing side of a war but this is just getting pathetic. I mean, it's not like both of us just fought the two hardest wars known to CN for our allies at all now is it?
[/quote]
ODN has actually worked to show they've changed. Sparta can't even accept and own their remarkably laughable history. The typical Spartan response to a statement about their actions in Karma is 'LOL we neva screwed ne1 over, and if we did it wuz coz dey were MEANIES'. Perhaps if Sparta decided to acknowledge the past failings of their alliance and worked to correct them it could shake off the image of the bumbling oaf of CN.

[quote name='Hymenbreach' date='02 May 2010 - 04:07 AM' timestamp='1272787638' post='2283641']
It's not hate I feel towards ODN, btw. Just a profound sadness and disappointment. It's like you're [i]looking[/i] for the worst people to hang around with. It's almost like you're over-compensating for being called 'over-cautious' in the past.

Hopefully, you will see that the shallow joy of being friends with the all singing all dancing scum of the planet is a fleeting pleasure and you will find the middle path of righteousness.

Edit: damn homophones.
[/quote]

This post makes me so warm and fuzzy inside ^_^

[quote name='WorldConqueror' date='02 May 2010 - 01:11 PM' timestamp='1272820282' post='2283892']
Perhaps if Sparta decided to acknowledge the past failings of their alliance and worked to correct them it could shake off the image of the bumbling oaf of CN.
[/quote]
Perhaps those who hold such perceptions are no friends or otherwise matter little to Sparta. Appease the detractors? Why bother.

[quote name='joracy' date='02 May 2010 - 01:51 PM' timestamp='1272822680' post='2283922']
This post makes me so warm and fuzzy inside ^_^
[/quote]
It should. Clearly the vocal detractors are concerned for ODN and/or Sparta's well-being (and are obviously not simply taking swipes at alliances on the other side of things).

[quote name='Hymenbreach' date='02 May 2010 - 09:07 AM' timestamp='1272787638' post='2283641']
[/quote]
Well we can't please everyone all the time dear boy :smug:

[quote name='KingEd' date='02 May 2010 - 05:53 PM' timestamp='1272840764' post='2284265']
Almost forgot...mandatory!

This is Sparta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

Now it's a party. :awesome:

[quote name='SirWilliam' date='03 May 2010 - 05:41 AM' timestamp='1272825661' post='2283951']
Perhaps those who hold such perceptions are no friends or otherwise matter little to Sparta. Appease the detractors? Why bother.
[/quote]
It's not about appeasing detractors, it's about moving to address the problems present in the alliance. Recognising that there are problems is usually a good step towards fixing them, instead of ignoring everyone but your little cronies who say you're awesome. I can see why a lot of you want them to stay the same, they are nice and pliant and obedient, and it's certainly easier for them to continue on like they have been instead of taking a critical look at their alliance. But if they found some good leaders, got a good military and gained some self-respect, they might actually use some of that potential instead of being a big, meme-ridden morass, led around by the nose by much smaller alliances.

[quote name='Hymenbreach' date='02 May 2010 - 06:23 PM' timestamp='1272839021' post='2284220']
Couldn't care less about Sparta. Been a friend of ODN's for nearly four years, So, I wish them well.
[/quote]
For ODN's sake, you should start wishing our corrupt and inept government best wishes and a speedy turn around towards honor and competency. Obviously.

[quote name='Branimir' date='02 May 2010 - 07:32 PM' timestamp='1272843127' post='2284310']
WorldConqueror FOR SPARTA VICEROY! :awesome:
[/quote]
I would welcome him with open arms, he clearly as our best interests at heart.

Mindless hails, all around.

[quote name='commander thrawn' date='02 May 2010 - 10:14 PM' timestamp='1272856454' post='2284616']
I love how much people are annoyed by this :P
[/quote]
I think you confuse annoyance for mild amusement. I haven't seen anyone annoyed by this at all. Why would anyone be annoyed?